Help with graph / chart

I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each
showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but
possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along
the bottom. This should read.........

for chart 1   1-13
for chart 2  14 - 26
chart 3       27 - 40
chart 4       41 - 52

How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.?

thanks

0
virgin1 (53)
9/19/2008 7:39:56 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

You need to define the Category labels for the chart.
Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13.
For the other 3 charts you will need to create the span of numbers.
Simplest way is to create the values in a range of cells.

To set the range used for category labels right click the chart and pick
Source Data...
On the Series tab is a range selector for the Category labels.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> You need to define the Category labels for the chart.
> Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13.
> For the other 3 charts you will need to create the span of numbers.
> Simplest way is to create the values in a range of cells.
>
> To set the range used for category labels right click the chart and pick
> Source Data...
> On the Series tab is a range selector for the Category labels.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> S wrote:
>> I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs
>> each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created
>> them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks
>> 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read.........
>>
>> for chart 1   1-13
>> for chart 2  14 - 26
>> chart 3       27 - 40
>> chart 4       41 - 52
>>
>> How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.?
>>
>> thanks
>>

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
virgin1 (53)

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

how do i graph gender & age in in a line graph?
i need to compare age and gender on a line graph but i can not get gender to be different from just a line how do i change that? Your question is not too clear. It would be nice to see part of your data. Are you saying that Excel plots two lines rather than one? If so, delete the text at the top of the first column you are using for data. -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "lost&needhelp" <lost&needhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88472E93-9D32-48B6-8B2C-FAF17EED4ACB@microsoft.com......

Secondary axis help
Hi everyone, I am having some difficulty in Excel 2007 Charting. I have a stacked bar chart that I would like to add a horizontal secondary axis on. How do I do this? I'm trying to do what the Help says but there is something that I am not getting. 1. I click on the Chart and select the Format Tab 2. In the Current Selection section, there is a Chart Elements drop down and I select Horizontal (Category) axis. 3. I go to my sheet that has the data for the chart and I select the data range that I want per the instructions. I'm lost after this. Hi, well, the Help s...

BOB? More Craps Help
Hi Bob Been spending some time on the code you sent and I think I found some errors. Can you check the code below to see what you think? I think it is now working according to the correct rules... Dim cellvalue Sub Craps() 'Excel Craps V1.3 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range("B5:C1000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A4").Select Setup: Application.ScreenUpdating = True [B5] = [B2] Rollem: If (([B5] = 2) Or ([B5] = 3) Or ([B5] = 12)) Then GoTo CrapOut If (([B5] = 7) Or ([B5] = 11)) Then GoTo FirstLucky cellvalue = 0 GoTo NotWinner End NotWinner: ...

SQL General Help
I have been experimenting with using ADO to work with Excel data. I had some obstacles with the SQL until I stumbled across a web site that mentioned the table name needed a special format. Instead of using a table name like DATA, instead I had to use the format of [DATA$]. So I was wondering does anybody know of a source (document, web site, etc.) that explains all of the peculiarities of using SQL with Excel? Thanks Mike ...

Employee Training Help
Hey Y'all, I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and queries about who has taken what type of course. What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables: 1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key) 2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no employee information 3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of the training courses that they have completed) I am unsure of what ki...

Need Help with Formula #3
I need help trying to come up with a formula for a friend of mine. This is what he wants -- Using any 9 numbers -- he wants Excel to come up with every possible 3-digit combination of numbers that are divisible by 7. Is there anyone who could assist me with a formula that will perform this calculation? Can Excel do such a calculation? Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer. In A1, enter the number 7. Select A1:A142. Edit>Fill>Series, Step value 7. Format>Cells>Custom, "000". If with "using any 9 numbers" you mean you don't want any zero...

SUMIFS help
Hi. Hope you’re able to help. I’m having difficulties the SUMIFS function. Either I’m using it incorrectly or perhaps it’s the wrong function for me! I’m trying to total the money amounts in column E as long as conditions in columns A (cell A6 in this example) and column H are True. However, I’m finding that the function is not totalling up the money amounts it should be totalling in column E. Instead, it’s just returning a single money amount in column E and ignoring the rest! This is the function as I’ve written it: =SUMIFS(BnkChqs!E3:E1000,BnkChqs!A3:A1000, A6,BnkChqs!...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

newbie needs help
Hello, First to let you all know, I am a big novice at this kind of stuff, so please bear with me. What I am trying to do is make a trendchart with 9 different plots on it. How do I change the numbers on the side and bottom of the chart to read what I need them to? I take these tests 3 times a week and would like to chart all of them seperately and also together to chart progress for a whole month. One for each day, and then one for the month. Then I would like to do the same for the following months of the year. And I would like to have one chart to show the progress for the whole...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Help with formula containing text
Hi I need some help on the following. I have a column of text, linked to other worksheets, that is continuously changing. I need to be alert if the same piece of text appears in the column more than twice, e.g. Tom Tom Jane Mary Mary Tom "ALERT" Thanks Mike -- mlhynes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mlhynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12959 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401787 Mike Visit Chip Pearson's site for much help on duplicates. Fin...

Rota's and Daily Shift Pattern's
I've got a basic rota sheet with Mon-Sunday along the top and the names of the staff down the side. Each day a memember of staff is either AM, PM or OFF. I'me trying to create a sheet that just has monday at the top with all th AM people on it. Then a sheet with all the PM people on it. Any idea's? Thanks in advance Scott. Hi Scott is this just for printing out? if so i would use the autofilter (data / filter / autofilter) - choose the drop down for MONDAY, choose AM print results ... choose PM, print results .... Cheers JulieD "Scott Cheesman" <Scott Che...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

How to credit complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...

Need Help #2
I have created a custom button for Tag along item.and I am having problem with cursor box. It is not moving down. It is staying where the tag along item rang up. It should move down to empty line, But It is not. How Can I fix his problem. Any one can help me ? ...

Help with transforming file

Color Text in Charts
I want to have the data labels along the X axis be color coded. I have price data associated with sales efforts. My labels represent sales won (Green), sales lost (Red), sales still active (Black). I can put colored text in the worksheet cells, but that color does not follow through to the chart. It sounds silly, but without this I need to export the chart to Powerpoint and do almost twice as much work. Is there some way to that the text color follow through the chart creation process? -- Eric K In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:- 1. Click on your Sales Won colu...

Help with 2007 Chart Layout
Hi, I can't figure out how to build the chart I'm hoping to create. I have data by: quarters, regions, $ and #. Q1 Americas $100 5 Q2 Americas $200 7 Q3 Americas $120 3 Q1 Asia $213 4 Q2 Asia $312 2 .... Q1 Europe ... Q2 Eroupe... .... I'd like to have on the X-axis: region, on the y-axis $ (columns) and a secondary axis # (line graph). What's throwing me is the quarters. X axis: America with 3 bar graphs side by side for Q1, Q2, Q3 then a new grouping of bar graphs side by side for Asia Q1, Q2, Q3. Can this be accomplished? I'd appreciat...

Need stacked chart help #2
can nobody help me please ???? -- wjviveen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278258 Hi, Have you had a look at these examples? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy wjviveen wrote: > can nobody help me please ???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Adding a Header in Publisher 2003 to upload to website HELP !
I am trying to add a header to a web page I am designing in Publisher 2003. i want a main title at the the top of each of my web Publisher pages. I currently have it set up on the first page with a animated .jpg file on the left side then the title in a text box then the same .jpg animated after the text box. When I go into to view published page the animated .jpg files are on both sides of the next box and they are moving. I now need to put this information on each page. In Word/PowerPoint I would use header/footer feature. Help feature in Publisher says go to View menu select Head...

Chart: Point & Figures
Hi, I want to automate the drawing of Point & Figures Charts based on a simple pricelist that contains 2 rows; Date and price. Does anyyone know of any useful functionality in Excel, Add-Ins, shareware or anything else that I can use for this purpose? Thanks in advance. Hi, I have a page here that may help. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng8.htm Cheers Andy johannes wrote: > Hi, > > I want to automate the drawing of Point & Figures Charts > based on a simple pricelist that contains 2 rows; Date and > price. Does anyyone know of any useful functionality in...