Help with counting rows

I have a datafeed that comes to me everyday via email , every day the
feed had slighty different rows as it has different updated products
i.e. somedays 999 , 1001 etc.  What i need to do is run a macro so when
the excel file arrives to count the number of rows and then add the
letter "y" in a 3 new columns .  At the moment i have to do it manually
is this easy to do

Paul

0
plm11111 (3)
4/24/2006 8:37:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

    iLastRow = Range("A1").End(xlDown)
    Range("B1").Resize(iLastRow,3).Value = "y"

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

<plm11111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a datafeed that comes to me everyday via email , every day the
> feed had slighty different rows as it has different updated products
> i.e. somedays 999 , 1001 etc.  What i need to do is run a macro so when
> the excel file arrives to count the number of rows and then add the
> letter "y" in a 3 new columns .  At the moment i have to do it manually
> is this easy to do
>
> Paul

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Count occurences of "1"/"0" (or"TRUE"/"FALSE") in a row w. conditions in the next
Hi I am new here and have been snooping around some of the threads, yet not quite found the simple formula I expect to solve my problem. The closest matches seemed to advanced for my need, so I reckon and hope this will be an easy one for the more experienced members. What I'm looking for is a formula that will: Count occurences of "1"/"0" (or"TRUE"/"FALSE") in a column with similar conditions in the next column. Say A2:A21 contains 9 "0"s and the remaining 11 are "1"s, of which only 5 (the "1"s) appear on the same ...

Vlookup in vba
Hi I have the following snippet of code: Sheets("mdata").Select Range("E1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "RVU" Range("E2").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC[-1],rvu!R[-1]C[-4]:R[7238]C[-3],2)),0,VLOOKUP(RC[-1],rvu!R[-1]C[-4]:R[7238]C[-3],2))" Range("E2").Select Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("E2:E" & LastRow), Type:=xlFillDefault This fills about 5,000 rows with look up data from the rvu ws, and puts in 0 if #N/A is obtained. HOWEVER, if I was ...

Pie Chart Help
Can anyone help? I have a spreadsheet to which I have one column that has different letters in, I need to create a pie chart that shows the amount of the same letter (i.e. 'P's in blue, 'F's in red etc) just so I can show how many of one letter there is? Any ideas and please explain fully as I am quite a new user Add a heading to the column of letters then you could create a pivot table to summarize the data, and create a pie chart from the pivot table results. There are instructions for pivot tables in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: ht...

inbox.dbx infected with netsky !!! HELP!!!
I have one windows xp pro laptop with outlook express the inbox.dbx file seems corrupted because months of email just suddenly went missing for no reason I suspected that it is corrupted I installed easyrecovery pro and ran the emailrepair function to recover the inbox.dbx file I successfully recovered most of the mails But when the easyrecovery emailrepair is just about to write the repaired inbox.dbx file into the hard drive, my symantec antivirus corporate edition complains that the repaired inbox.dbx file is infected with the NETSKY virus .... and deletes the inbox.dbx file because it...

Count Unique with condition
Hello Everyone, I am looking for a formula to count unique occurances of column (A) where column (B) equals a certain value. Any help would be appreciated. I have the formula =SUMPRODUCT(('data'!A3:A6<>"")/COUNTIF('data'!A3:A6,'data'!A3:A6 &"")), which gives me a count of the unique values in 'data'!A, now I would like to break it down over a value in 'data'!B the result would look like this: smith, john, blue smith, john, red jones, james, yellow jones, james, green williams, john, orange williams, john, teal Uniq...

Count each group of values
I need a formula or vba code to count how many groups of "X" values and how many "X" in each group. Sample: a1 ah1 X X X X X X X A A A A X X X X X X B B B B B B X X X X X X X X X X X X Result i need with the code or formula 1 group 7 "x" 2 group 6 "x" 3 group 12"x" Thanks for help Paulo JP, Bob Umlas has all the answers at http://www.emailoffice.com/excel/arrays-bobumlas.html --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks "Kieran >" <<Kieran.1023bg@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Kieran....

how to get the row and col count of a TMGrid using sendmessage?
I have a 3rd party application which uses TMGrid, I want to get the row and col count of this TMGrid using SendMessage. The Parent Control is a TTabSheet. Anyone know how to do it? I tried the LVM_ message, but failed. Hi, try to find out what messages this control can handle, e.g. with Spy++. Just give it a try,... Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Microsoft Live Space: http://kerem-g.spaces.live.com/ Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "This reply is provided as ...

Need help on this....thanks

Help!! think I messed this up!!
Hey need your help!! We have 2 domains, 1 2000 and 1 4.0 domain. We have 2 2000 exchange servers running in the 2000 domain and 1 exchange 5.5 box running in the 4.0 domain. We have ADC running. I moved the 5.5 user to the 2k exchange box like your supposed to. Management doesn't want to move the user into the 2000 domain. Nice huh? Well they could open their mailbox on the first 2000 exchange server. But it would act like it was trying to connect to the 2nd 2000 exhange box becuase it was coming up with a logon box with the 2nd exchange server name. So I disabled the ADC and mov...

help with cell referencing in named ranges
I have a named range covering about 30 columns of data. I'd like to lookup within the named range based on values in the 1st column, and a specific date which is the label on top of each of the other 29 columns. I have typed in a new column number as necessary, but I'd like to automate the column number by looking at a separate cell which gives the date. Ex: Dates across the top of the named range are 1/1/90, 1/1/91, etc thru 1/1/2003(in sheet1). Lets say I have a cell in sheet2(d1)that has the date 1/1/2003. In that same sheet starting in cell a1 I have a value which ...

screen is showing slides in backward order .. . help!
Hello I have a pptx presentation with six slides. For some reason, everything is defualting the the right (the bullets come out to the right of the words, the slides print as handouts in backwards order, the outline pane is on the right hand side of the slide pane). THis is only happening for this presentation. Others I create are the typical way PP usually works. PLEASE HELP! I wish I could upload it here but am unable to do so. See your other post -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_t...

count different instances in two columns
Hello all, I haven't been able to solve this... I have two columns in the same sheet. I would like to extract (in another sheet) all the unique elements of each column and count how many each data is repeated. Any element can appear in both column. An example would be: column 1 column 2 red red red blue blue green yellow magenta the result would be red 3 blue 2 yellow 1 green 1 magenta 1 Sorry for my english and thanks to whoever can help me with this. =COUNTIF(A:A,"red")+COUNTIF(B:B,"red") etc. -- HTH Bo...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

Oy, I need some help!!
Hi, Here is the problem: I use outlook express my wife uses outlook 2000 on a separate computer. I tried to combine the 2 computers into one. I copied my contacts from OE, went to the other computer and imported them in OE. Everything looked fine. When I went to Outlook, all the contacts were the ones in OE. I don't know what happened to her contacts. Is there any way to find and recover them? Do I need specific data recovery software? Is there any available on line? Please help... she is gonna kill me...... then divorce me!!!! Usually if Outlook and Outlook Express are set to s...

HELP need index of the actual selected point
Hi, I need help. I must get the index of a the currently selectd point in the chart. I can't use the Mouseup event. It will be better to determinate the x and y value from the actual selected point but the index will also be good. Please help! thx Jens You need to use an old-style XLM command for this, as Stephen Bullen pointed out in his post 14-Jan-2001: Sub WhichPoint() Dim sPoint As String Dim iSeries As Integer, iPoint As Integer sPoint = ExecuteExcel4Macro("SELECTION()") If sPoint Like "S*P*" Then iSeries = Val(Mid$(sPoint, 2...

Prevent row from being deleted
Hi all I have a form with a subform on it. The subform is displayed in Datasheet view. If a user right clicks on a row it allows for the user to insert a new record or deleted the current record. Is there a way to prevent the user from deleting the record? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_013B_01C87499.8575B040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Murray,=20 Sure - set the sub-form's property 'allow deletions' (in design mode, = property sheet) to false.=20 Gordon &quo...

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

Help] How to merge two charts?
1. There are two charts M and N. Column A of chart M means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of chart M means part-name (in Japanese); Column A of chart N means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of chart N means part-name (in English); 2. Column M contains much more parts than Column N, which means N belongs to M; But M and N obey exactly the same part-number naming rule; 3. While most people can't Japanese but English, so it is planned to add the English part-names from Column N into Column M, just as remarks to corresponding Japanese part-names, meaning ...

please help OE & OL between 2 users
I am admin account and run Outlook. Girlfriend is limited account and runs OE. When she right clicks pics and the like to send to mail recepient, it opens an Outlook new message window. Now, these messages never get sent as she doesnt use Outlook as her email program. They simply accumulate in the Outlook outbox and never get sent. I cant set OE as her default email as it wont let me do that (I guess since Im admin and I use it). What should be done? Ive tried this all but the registry change http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098 and it wont take. Whats the best way to do...

Help with rules not working #2
Hi: I'm continuing to experience problems with Rules working. This time, I have Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2000 Server, set up to run on a PC (Win XP pro). I'm connected to that PC with a remote desktop session that is always open. None of the rules work unless I run them manually (even rules that are server side). Does anyone know if a command line switch (or anything else) will work to ensure that rules actually run automatically? Thanks for any suggestions -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

find&select button,help please?
Hi everybody, i'm using excel 2007,when i press the find&select button it dosen't sow me the cell i'm looking for,it has been disabled,although when i look the rows one by one i can find it,how can i able the find&select. i'd appreciate if u'd let me know,cuz i'm in trouble here ...

Help with System Attendant
Hi all: My situation is this. We had a single system running AD/exchange (windows and exchange 2000). Not ideal, I know :) The systems' mft became corrupted, and I spent a long night bringing up a 2nd exchange server. I was able to bring up the old server, move mailboxes, and have everyone up and running before the next biz day. I've since installed an AD controller on another machine, as the original (problem) server could die any day. I found where to set the 2nd server as a global catalog server, and thought I might have been done. That is, until I tried adding new use...

POP email multiple duplicate downloads HELP!
Hi, ISP is SBC Global. I just installed Outlook 2003 yesterday and it keeps downloading ALL the mail I have in the SBC web inbox, even though I"ve marked them as "read" online, multiple times. Duplicate finder [bought and installed] doesn't recognize most of them as dupes. I've done "detect & repair," [got error 1311 source file not found; C:\msocache\allusers\90000409-60000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\ZS561.CAB. Couldn't find that in my installation disk, either.] SBC says they do not support Outlook 2003 -- "it's too new." Superviso...

Cannot launch Outlook
I am having the exact same problem - with installation of Enterprise - with Outlook. Could you please be more specific about where I can find the "Mail Applet" and the steps I need to follow? I have been trying to correct this problem all day with no luck. (I have a new pc and have tried to get it up and running - with Outlook being the main problem. OS is Windows 7.) "DL" wrote: > Use the Mail Applet in the Control Panel to correctly configure the > connection > > BTW What does installed Outlook & part of Office 2007 mean, you cannot mix ...

Need help migrating data from Quickbooks Enterprise and Premier
Good Afternoon, We are looking into migrating from Quickbooks Enterprise to Great Plains. If there is any company out there that provides this service, please send me an email at Steve_Kitchen_39@hotmail.com Our sister company is on Quickbooks Premier, we will probably be looking at migrating that company too into Great Plains. MBS does it. Contact them at: MBSProfessionalServices@microsoft.com "Steve" wrote: > Good Afternoon, > > We are looking into migrating from Quickbooks Enterprise to Great Plains. If > there is any company out there that provides thi...