Help with counting formula

Here's the dilemma:

I have a company that expands to a new city every X months. It takes 5
months for that city to reach full production (Y units). Each new city ramps
up to Y units with a given formula. At full production, that city's units
stays constant (Y). Every X months I need to add a new city that "ramps up"
over 5 months. How can I make a formula that, everytime I increase the
number of cities, it will ramp the city up to full procution over the 5
month period?

IE:

For Months 1-12, starting with 1 city and adding the 2nd at month 9:

Production =    0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 (city 1 has reached full production), 10,
10, 10 (city 2 is added but has no production the first month), 12, 14, 16,
18, 20 (city 2 has reached full production). There will be a chart with 50
cities that all ramp up the same way.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
--

StompS
Portland, OR

0
stomps (55)
7/14/2005 5:44:36 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What do you want to do with this?   I'm not seeing that.
"StompS" <stomps@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Here's the dilemma:
>
> I have a company that expands to a new city every X months. It takes 5
> months for that city to reach full production (Y units). Each new city
> ramps up to Y units with a given formula. At full production, that city's
> units stays constant (Y). Every X months I need to add a new city that
> "ramps up" over 5 months. How can I make a formula that, everytime I
> increase the number of cities, it will ramp the city up to full procution
> over the 5 month period?
>
> IE:
>
> For Months 1-12, starting with 1 city and adding the 2nd at month 9:
>
> Production =    0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 (city 1 has reached full production),
> 10, 10, 10 (city 2 is added but has no production the first month), 12,
> 14, 16, 18, 20 (city 2 has reached full production). There will be a chart
> with 50 cities that all ramp up the same way.
>
> Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
> --
>
> StompS
> Portland, OR
> http://www.geocities.com/pdxinvestr/Stomps.html

0
reply6075 (299)

help with log file
Got a database in SQL2005 that is basically a download of a daily flat text files and creating tables from them. The log.ldf file is frikkin huge. It's over 146GB and I don't need this, I have storage issues. How do I shorten down this file and keep it small forever? Hi Rocketman Have you read about managing the transaction log in the Books Online? How big is your database? What recovery model are you in? What kinds of backups are you doing, and how frequently? If you are not in SIMPLE recovery, and you don't back up your log, it will continue to grow. Even...

using if function..please help
i am trying to use the if function in the following manner. A B apple red apple red grapes purple grapes yellow star n/a if(B1:B5="n/a",0,countif(A1:A5, "star") I want to use this formula not only for 'star' but also for 'apple' and grapes' and many more such fruits which might have n/a later. But, everytime I use this formula it returns a 1..should it not return a 0 for when the value in B is n/a? Please help.. Thank you Are you trying to say that if any c...

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

Disabling F1 key's Windows Help Function
We'll I guess the title says it all :) Just curious if there is an easy way to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is hit within the program. I find it more than a little annoying because even in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown event (I added UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode() { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS; } Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so windows help function will be di...

Formula recalculation speed
I have a really large spreadsheet with loads of formulas (lookups and vlookups plus mathematical functions) But it takes forever to recalculate cells whenever I cut and paste or change the contents of any cell within the workbook... Are there any formulas that are particularly slow and if so, are there better ways to perform the same task? Thanks You could try turning off automatic calculation Tools/Options/Calculation Set Calculate option to "Manual" or "Automatic except Tables" and then press F9 to force calculations when needed. I hate using this option , but sometime...

to many formula
hi i have a worksheet with a lot of data on it column A contains the date column B contains an area column C contains the fault column D contain a quantity A B C D 1/4/04 stores damaged 10 7/4/04 bins rust 60 31/12/04 floor wet 100 what i want to do is return quantity for a date range(one week) once the week range is checked the area and fault are checked i could have 12 faults for one area there...

extract info from cell, then count
I have a 2-part question: (i) I have 1000's of e-mail addresses but want to extract the countr from the e-mail i.e. abc@def.de, where de (Germany) is needed. How d I isolate the ".de" (and others eg .fr, .edu, .com etc etc) (ii) Having done the above, I then need to do a count. Rather than us COUNTIF and include the code for every country in the world, is ther any other way of counting? I guess a Pivot table? thanks, cathal..... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =MID(A1,FIND("^",SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","^",LEN(A1)-LE...

Select Case help needed
I'm using a Select Case statement to check the value of 24 checkboxes on a form. If true for each case, run the related query. It seems to be running the first query it comes to and not continuing to check the rest. Below is sample code for the first 4 checkboxes. Can anyone help? Select Case True Case Me.chkQCT01.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessMWapp", acNormal, acEdit Case Me.chkQCT02.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessSEapp", acNormal, acEdit Case Me.chkQCT03.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessSWapp", acNormal...

graphing counted time stamps
Is it possible to generate a graph of counted timestamps? I am importing into Excel a log file and get one column of time stamps, some time stamps are 1 time , or multiple times. The idea is that for each one time stamp on the x-axis the y axis shows the counted amount of timestamps for this time. I assume this should be a common problem, but I could not find the answer for this. Any help appreciated, Wolfgang Create a PivotTable and PivotChart with the timestamp as the row field and the data field. Make sure Excel uses COUNT(Timestamp) as the statistic it shows and not SUM(,,,...

Quick Campaign "In Progress" HELP
I have a Quick Campaign that shows as "In Progress" for over a week now so it must be hung. How do I restart or get it going again? It sends out approx. 3000 emails each time. It got approx 2000 emails out and is now hung. I hace rebooted the CRM server itself but this had no impact. I'm afraid that if I do another Quick Campaign before resolving this it will just hang also. This has been working great for months until now. HELP! -- Dennis ...

Help with VBasic in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003. I am working in a master worksheet named "SHPG RCVG RPT" which is on my desktop. After I enter all of the information and create my hyperlinks, I need to protect the worksheet and then save it to a different folder. The new name of the worksheet is determined by the purchase order # which is in cell D3. I need a macro which will: Protect the worksheet --> Name the worksheet using the purchase order # in D3 -->Save the worksheet in: F:\SHIPPING RECEIVING REPORT. I can't do this using the macro recorder because it won't let me click on the ...

Need help with Access report
I designed an access report with a facility and a buch of contacts for that. I created a group on the facility ID. I want only a certain type of contact to show up in the facility group header and rest of the contact types in the details sectio. Before some takes a wag at answering this, could you provide a little better description? Individual contacts normally would display in the detail section, not "in the facility group header". Maybe you should type in some significant records/fields and how and why they should display in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access M...

Forms Help
I have a form, the form has an ID that goes through many test/parameters. All the test/parameters associated with the ID remains on a sub form for viewing. I would like to develop a series (a-z) for each ID,were repeating information for the id is carried throughout all ID's and the one test paramter that differed, thus changing the Series Letter will be changed. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks LA -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:04:05 GMT, "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" <u36612@uwe> wrote: >I have a form, the for...

vlookup problem please help
Hi experts, I have a problem in using vlookup function and have not been able to resolve for a year+. Hope I can find some help in this great forum. Many thanks in advance! An example as below. When I vlookup Material2 to Material1 for the Project No, I get the result 222-56 for all the duplicate Material1 values. In this case of having duplicate values in Material1 but associated with different Project Numbers, how can I have vlookup function to match the Project No. containg "AA" as 1st priority ? (and if there is no Project No. containing "AA", then vlookup to look f...

excel vba
I don't know what is wrong with this. I am trying to set it up so tha when i click the command button, it will save it to my documents and i will save the file name as the contents in cell K5. If it is being used for an invoicing program and the contents of K will be changing with each transaction, will this code be set up s that it will keep the original sheet as a sort of template, and onl save the file each time as the new number that will be generated? doe that make sense? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Sheet1.SaveAs("H:\MyDocs\", (Range("K5").Value) End Su ...

Help with Expressions
We inventory wood poles in 19' lengths which we then cut into smaller pieces for our customers. Is there an expression I can use to help me reduce waste when we are cutting the poles? At one time, we may be cutting 10 to 30 peices in differing lengths ranging from 18" to 160" or larger. On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:42:01 -0800, LeLe <LeLe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We inventory wood poles in 19' lengths which we then cut into smaller pieces >for our customers. Is there an expression I can use to help me reduce waste >when we are cutting the p...

Function Help Please
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 That data above, once imported from a tab delimited file, is interpreted by Excel as General format. This is a couple of years worth of this data. I'd like to shorten the date while removing the day from the beginning. Highlighting the cell then manually changing the format to Date does nothing. I think my only option is to use a function that keeps all data after the first space. Thanks, AJ Select the column with those "dates" in it, then click Edit/Replace on Excel's menu bar... type these four characters (without ...

Help Please #8
Thanks For The Info : -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26424 ...

An Object could not be found??!? Please Help!
I have seen this question asked a few times on Web Forums as well as newsgroups, however it seems that none of the solutions seem to work for me. Here is my scenario. I recently purchased a brand new Dell Server and workstations. The Dell Server is configured as a PDC running Windows Server 2003. The workstations are running Windows XP with Office 2003 installed. The only other software installed on both server and workstations are Symantec Corporate Edition Virus v.7.6, and Exchange Server 2003 on the server. I ran the Exchange Server setup and all seemed to go well. I created a mailbo...

help with type mismatch
I keep getting a type mismatch error with the following code. Dim lngLoad As Long, lngUnload As Long, lngBobtail As Long 'find mileage where last loaded lngLoad = _ "SELECT Top 1 qryCalculateStatusMiles.Odometer " & _ "FROM qryCalculateStatusMiles " & _ "WHERE (((qryCalculateStatusMiles.StopPurpose) = '" & "Load" & "'" & ")) " & _ " OR (((qryCalculateStatusMiles.StopPurpose)= '" & "Unload/Reload" & "'&...

Frequently used formulas
Is there a way to access frequently used formulas easily? I have a report where I need to import the data and then type in the same formula each time in order to create analyzable results. Is there a quicker way? Thanks I'm not sure this will work well for you, but it might be worth a try. Why not create a workbook with just the formulas in place, but without the data? Then you'd open that workbook, import the data into it and save it out with a new name? If that's not good for you, perhaps simply copying the formulas into a notepad (.txt) file and saving it s...

FIREWALL SETUP HELP
will some one tell me if I am using Terminal Server (ts) or Fast User Switching Session (fus) on my new HP. I am unable to download a new firewall program . the message reads: the firewall does not support remote TS, nor FUS Session. if using TS log on directly not remotely if using FUS disable it thus allowing firewall to work HELP ASAP!!! On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:38:34 -0700, "Mary Ann" <jam9991@aol.com> wrote: Out of scope of this newsgroup, which is about Microsoft Access database program. -Tom. >will some one tell me if I am using Terminal Server (ts) or Fas...

Excel self replication
Hi I have a mojor problem, a 14 Mb workbook with about 10 sheets inside, with various lookups, validation, etc but NO MACROS. When I try and delete or insert a column, Excel opens a copy of the workbook and another Excel sheet (blank). The whole computer locks up and Excel effectively crashes by 'Not responding'. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance . . . . Stuart Maybe you have macros where you didn't look. Debra Dalgleish has nice instructions for getting rid of macros at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros Maybe it'll help you find...

Help!!!! #2
Step 1: I have range of numbers lets say 50, 25, 30 and so on.... Step 2: I want to find 10% of of the range in above ex 5, 2.5, 3... Step 3: The numbers to be rounded of to 5,3,3....... The following will help for first 3 steps i. =Round(CountA("Range")*10%),0) Step 4: Now the tricky situation a) Specific to the range as in above ex for range with 50 numbers the result shoulbe the Average of the highest 5 numbers, Lowest 5 numbers, Average of the range; b) for range with 25 numbers the result shoulbe the Average of the highest 3 numbers, Lowest 3 numbers, Average of th...

Fantasy Football Datbase or Formula
i'm trying to create a Fantasy Football Datbase or Formula in excel ca anyone HELP ...