Help with a simple database

I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office.
The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various
vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately.

For example:

GC Group   4/24/03   7831.1   $1,000.00
Alpha             1/20/03   7003.1             $2,000.00
Chandler    5/6/03     7050.1      $345.50

Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish
is, suppose I added

Tomsen  4/20/03  7873.1  $200.00

to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even
worksheet, if possible) titled Tomsen with that information, and then
automatically sort (by date, I guess) whatever information was in the
Tomsen tab (or .xls).

I'm wondering if this is all that complicated to achieve, or not. If
someone could please answer a few questions, I'd greatly appreciate
it.

- Dave

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Instead of automatically doing it, I think I'd have a macro that runs on
demand.  (Then you don't have to worry about creating/updating incorrect sheets
if you make a typo.

And I'd steal as much as I could from Debra Dalgleish's site:

There are a couple of files here:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

dddave wrote:

> I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office.
> The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various
> vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately.
>
> For example:
>
> GC Group   4/24/03   7831.1   $1,000.00
> Alpha             1/20/03   7003.1             $2,000.00
> Chandler    5/6/03     7050.1      $345.50
>
> Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish
> is, suppose I added
>
> Tomsen  4/20/03  7873.1  $200.00
>
> to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even
> worksheet, if possible) titled Tomsen with that information, and then
> automatically sort (by date, I guess) whatever information was in the
> Tomsen tab (or .xls).
>
> I'm wondering if this is all that complicated to achieve, or not. If
> someone could please answer a few questions, I'd greatly appreciate
> it.
>
> - Dave
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Formula help #51
Could someone help with a formula to show excess wages? For example, if the wage limit is $5000 and the upper limit is $4000, excess wages are $1000. I need a formula that shows only the excess amounts, not minus (-) amounts. Hi if A1=5000 B1=4000 In C1, put: =IF(A1-B1>0,A1-B1,"") HTH Michael Mitchelson "sdmccabe" wrote: > Could someone help with a formula to show excess wages? For example, if the > wage limit is $5000 and the upper limit is $4000, excess wages are $1000. I > need a formula that shows only the excess amounts, not minus (-) amount...

Excel help needs an article answering, "What is a pivot table?"
If you type "Pivot Table" into the help search field in Excel there should be an article near the top of the search results that answers the question "What is a pivot table?" ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.co...

Help with a window that pops up
Every time my email account checks for email a window pops up called "Outlook Send/Receive Progress". It must be removed to see the screen that I'm working on. I've checked the box that says, don't show this message but it keeps coming up. How do I stop this window from poping up all the time. ...

Need help to filter data from multipule sheets to specific sheet
i have a data in sheet1, sheet2 and sheet3. Data in all sheets have unique id(number). I have to filter data with unique id in sheet3 if the same unique id exists in sheet1 or sheet2 the data of column B or C incorporated in sheet3 in specified column of the unique id row. Sorry friends my english is not good. Hi, If I didn't misunderstand you you want to compare the ID in sheet3 with the ID in sheet 2 or 1 and if it exist to bring the data from column B , if so use =sumproduct(--(a1=sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000),sheet2!$B$1:$B$1000) if this is not what you are looking for please ...

Backup database through Store Operations Administratro
We're in the process of upgrading all our RMS sites to SQL 2005 Express and Dotnet 2.0 in preparations for upgrading to V2.0 from V1.3r1. I've noticed that after the SQL upgrade I recieve an error as follows. "Cannot open Backup Device 'c:\rmsposXXX.bck. Operating system error 5 (Access is Denied.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminated abnormally." Using OSQL statements it will backup and also using the SQL 2005 management studio will backup. Any sugestions on what is causing this or how to correct this issue. Paul Houston Eastern National POS Support Sory about that After...

Access 97 Databases are Automatically Converted to Access 2002
Our Group Policy was set per KB Article 290291 with "Do not prompt to convert older databases" with the setting "Enabled" and "enforced on". The article states that with this setting, the user would not get the dialog box and Access 97 databases would not be converted automatically to Access 2002. Since this setting was applied to the desktops through the GPO, users don't get the dialog box, but their databases are getting converted automatically to Access 2002 without the user doing anything. We are considering changing the Group Policy setting to ...

Need help with a relaying problem
I am having a very obscure relaying problem and I am looking for help. I will do my best to layout the scenario. Their current setup is a Windows Server 2003 AD with Exchange Server 2003 there is only one administrative group and there are SMTP connectors for primary and secondary connections to the internet. On these connectors all mail is rejected to the internet unless you belong to a distribution list called "Internet Users". I have 3 SMTP domain names being utilized in the Exchange Server environment. All of these scenarios below are users that are part of the "Inte...

Windows media player music export into access database
Hi there,I have downloaded a plug-in for windows media player from Microsiftwhich allows me to export my music library to a text file which I canthen import into access. What I would like to do is generate a reportthat lists all the Albums I have grouped under the Artist heading. Theproblem that I have is that the album appears as many times in myreport under the Artist heading as there are tracks on the album. Thisis as there is a record for each track and therefore it shoes multipletimes in the report. Please can anybody tell me if there is a way thatI can get the Album name just to show onc...

Help Needed
Hello I am using OL 02. I want to set up my OL in such a way that when i start my OL, it should prompt me to enter a password to open. I want to do this to keep my messages secure as there are multiple users at my PC Any ideas? Thanks in advance Rgds Rub Hi, Right Click on the Personal Folder and then click on Properties. Click on teh Advanced Button and then Click on the Change Password button. Dont enter anything in the old password and just enter the rest and then Click on OK. Close your Outlook and then restart it. It should prompt for the password for opening t...

Need help getting data from Word to Excel
I'm novice level with Word and Excel, so excuse what may be a basic question/problem that I've got. I asked an employee to enter lots of data into Excel. The data is company name, address, contact name, and phone number. I requested that each type of data be entered into different columns. Instead, the employee used MS Word 2003. To compound the issue, the employee did not use commas, tabs, or any other delimiter or formatting method that might allow me easily to get the data over into Excel (by *easily* I mean using a technique that I know ; ) The data in Word simply is s...

Need help converting from Paradox to Access
I have files that end in .db, .px. y0? and x0?. The client requires me to import them into access. I do not own any copy of Paradox. When I try to open the .db file in Access I get the following message on several of the files. External table is not in expected format. Any suggestions as to what I can do? As a general rule you can't open dbase, or text files, or any other kind of document in ms-access. However...you can certainly as a general rule import data. Not sure what version of ms-access you are talking about..but if you create a blank mdb..you can then go: file->get ...

Linking...HELP (accidentally posted on Excel Programming)
I'm trying to change the source on a link. Every time I do it, however my system locks up. I actually have 4 workbooks that are linked up to one workbook. I hav to do the same thing three times, but the workbooks have to hav different names to them: ie: folder x -> worbookA WorkbookB workbookC workbookD BIGWORKBOOK new to use the exact information as above, but I have to have it in difference folder with difference names... folder y -> worbook1 Workbook2 workbook3 workbook4 SecondBIGWORKBOOK I've used the Edit-> Links-> change source (but that's where my syste loc...

Help displaying captured image and storing image links
I'm using EzVidCap activex which saves a webcam stream as a still image (.dib) using this code: Private Sub Command1_Click() ezVidCap1.SaveDIB "C:\Pic.dib" Image1.Picture = "C:\Pic.dib" End Sub What I would like to do is change/separate this into two command buttons: 1) cmdDisplayImage: Displays/transfers a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control in an image or OLE box (not sure which one is best) - preferably without having to save it to a file first. 2) cmdSaveImage: Saves the displayed image in a filename like: GuestID_FirstName_LastName_DateofPhoto.dib (or j...

Recurring appointment help
Can anyone tell me how I can schedule an appointment which occurs on the first Saturday of every month? TIA Ray Martin Ray, switch to your Calendar, then File > New > Appointment. Fill in the details, then click the Recurrence button on the toolbar (or select Recurrence from the Actions menu). Set up the recurrence thus: Monthly; the 1st Saturday of every 1 month. Set up the range of recurrence (if desired), then OK. Then Save and Close. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Ray Martin" <raymartin01@btopenwor...

company.local address mess
I need to sovle an email address configuration mess that is causing numerous undelivered/bounced emails from our corporate system. I believe the issue stems from having given the server the domain abccompany.local instead of abccompany.com. We own and deliver all our real-world email to abccompany.com, but some emails and all appointment invitations seem to be from email address 'name@abccompany.local', which obviously fails to deliver when it hits the real world. My setup is: >Small Business Server 2000 - (15 users) > server was named ABCServer.ABCcompany.local ...

Need help with SELECT statement (return MAX date).
I need to return the MAX date either of these 3 columns below. Thank you so you in advance. Below is the rules and desire results. IF OBJECT_ID('T1', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE T1 GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[T1] ( [LoanNum] [varchar](10) NOT NULL, [OfferPrice] [money] NULL, [MgrApprDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [DirApprDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [ExecApprDate] [datetime] NULL, [ExitStrategyMainCategoryID] [int] NULL, [ExitStrategySubCategory1ID] [int] NULL ) GO INSERT INTO dbo.T1([LoanNum],[OfferPrice],[MgrApprDate],[DirApprDate],[ExecApprDate],[...

If Then Conditional Help
I am fairly new at working with code. I am trying to write a statement that will open one report if a feild is true, and another if it is False. This is what I have so far Dim stDocName As String Dim strCriteria As String strCriteria = "[Event Name]='" & Me![Event Name] & "'" If ([Cash Calculations].[NewEvent] = Yes) Then DoCmd.OpenReport NewEvntCashCalc, acViewPreview, , strCriteria Else DoCmd.OpenReport PrevEvntCashCalcu, acPreview, , stCriteria End If When I try to run this code I get the Error Message ...

LInking databases (to and from worksheets)
Hello, I need to create a new worksheet that contains data that can link from an already existing excel database. In this worksheet I only need certain categories and data presented. Ideally, any new revisions or additions made in this database will automatically be reflected in the worksheet. I need to figure this out for a new job and I'm completed stumped. Help! Can anyone help me out with this one? Rosie7 .. It's hard to tell what exactly you want to do Rosie. I don't know how familiar you are with Excel, so maybe you know already everything I tell you and your pr...

help
where do i get my user ID and password for my 90 day trial I would call MS at 800-456-0025. -- Charles Allen, MVP "jamieg" wrote: > where do i get my user ID and password for my 90 day trial ...

Help with formula #10
Is there a way to count how many days a specific number has been entered. Example: Column A Column B Part Number Date 12345 3-Oct-4 12345 3-Oct-4 99999 3-Oct-4 12345 7-Oct-4 99999 8-Oct-4 For part number 12345 answer would be from todays date to 7-Oct-4 I think you could use: =COUNTIF(A:A,"12345") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to count how many days a specific number >has been entered. Example: >Column A Column B >Part Number Date >12345 3-Oct-4 >12345 3-Oc...

Help
CRM1.2 running on SBS - has been fine but recently had to re-run Internet and email connection wizard and remote access wizrd in SBS. CRM is fine except now you can only log in if member of Administrators Group - noone else can log into CRM - though they can log on to other apps on this box fine. Certainly appreciate any advice on how to fix this. Roger Sorry everyone - please ignore. This problem was caused by having Sharepoint Services running at same time (phew!) Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u51Y2jssEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ...

Need help troubleshooting an Entourage issue
Hi, I'm trying to help a non-technical friend of mine determine the root cause of an issue INVOLVING Entourage, but it's not the main application in the scenario. More than anything, I'm really just looking suggestions of things I haven't considered already. So, here goes: We're using 10.4.3 with Entourage 2004 11.2.1. The problem is with using Backup 3.0.1, the application included with .Mac to backup the Microsoft User Data folder from ~/Documents. I can backup the folder to CD/DVD without issue, but when I try to backup to my iDisk, Backup gives me a -54 error while tr...

Please HELP! #7
I have been struggling with this for 2 weeks now and I am desperatly seeking advice! How can I program a feature to pull information from the rest of the workbook to go onto my summary sheet? Ex: How many recertifications are there within 60 days of 1-6-06? That info would be on each page throughout the workbook but I want it to scan through the dates and give me the total. Is this possible? Can someone PLEASE help me before I pull of my hair out?!?! Thank You so much -- Bonnie Rone Bonnie I guess your question is really hard to answer without having an example file showing what y...

formula help 03-08-10
my formula is: =IF(E2>4,B2+4,IF(E2=3.5,B2+4,IF(E2=3,B2+E2,IF(E2=2.5,B2+3,IF(E2=2,B2+E2,IF(E2=1.5,B2+2,IF(E2=1,B2+E2,IF(E2=0.5,B2+1,IF(E2=-2,B2+E2,IF(E2=-1.5,B2-2,IF(E2=-1,B2+E2,IF(E2=-0.5,B2-1,IF(E2<-2,B2-2)))))))))))) Whats wrong? Why is it not working? To explain, I'm making a score chart for a golf tournament. A2 = NAME B2 = Handicap C2 = New Score D2 = Difference (C2-B2) E2 = D2 divided by 2 (D2/2) F2 = New Handicap Bad players get a handicap, so when they play against good players they have some kind of chanve to win. The New handicap is figured like so: Handic...

Help with repair workshop, IF statement, returning FALSE
Hi I am trying to set up a basic stock control for a repair workshop. However, I cannot figure out what is wrong with this formula: =IF(H10>=10 <=25,"Stock OK",IF(H10<=10,"Re-order!!", IF(H10=0,"? or no stock",IF(H10>25,"Stock Excellent!")))) The H Column refers to a cell that subtracts 'stock in' (column f) from 'stock out'(column g). The column is called stock balance. I get the following errors; I keep getting a 'FALSE' on a number that is between 10 and 24. i want it to return 're-order'. And the IF H1...