Help with a simple database

I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office.
The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various
vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately.

For example:

GC Group   4/24/03   7831.1   $1,000.00
Alpha             1/20/03   7003.1             $2,000.00
Chandler    5/6/03     7050.1      $345.50

Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish
is, suppose I added

Tomsen  4/20/03  7873.1  $200.00

to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even
worksheet, if possible) titled Tomsen with that information, and then
automatically sort (by date, I guess) whatever information was in the
Tomsen tab (or .xls).

I'm wondering if this is all that complicated to achieve, or not. If
someone could please answer a few questions, I'd greatly appreciate
it.

- Dave

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Instead of automatically doing it, I think I'd have a macro that runs on
demand.  (Then you don't have to worry about creating/updating incorrect sheets
if you make a typo.

And I'd steal as much as I could from Debra Dalgleish's site:

There are a couple of files here:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

dddave wrote:

> I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office.
> The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various
> vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately.
>
> For example:
>
> GC Group   4/24/03   7831.1   $1,000.00
> Alpha             1/20/03   7003.1             $2,000.00
> Chandler    5/6/03     7050.1      $345.50
>
> Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish
> is, suppose I added
>
> Tomsen  4/20/03  7873.1  $200.00
>
> to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even
> worksheet, if possible) titled Tomsen with that information, and then
> automatically sort (by date, I guess) whatever information was in the
> Tomsen tab (or .xls).
>
> I'm wondering if this is all that complicated to achieve, or not. If
> someone could please answer a few questions, I'd greatly appreciate
> it.
>
> - Dave
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Bar chart help wanted
Hello to everybody ! I have this kind of data: TIME VALUE 0:00:00 0 0:00:34 1 0:00:35 1 0:01:00 0 0:01:30 0 0:01:33 1 0:01:55 1 0:01:59 0 0:02:00 0 0:02:10 1 0:02:15 1 0:03:00 0 0:03:05 0 0:03:07 1 0:03:55 1 0:08:00 0 and I need to create bar chart that would have a bar of the hight equal to 1 at each time value where the "value" in table (Y-axis) equals one (and also between "one"s values). In all other time values the Y value is zero ! Excel bar chart seems to omit all values that are not in the dataset ! I need to include also those time values that are not expli...

Pivot table help #11
I needed help with a Pivot table. In the attached excel sheet i am trying to use the Creatiion date (coloum X)as one of the filters in the pivot table. Could someone please guide me as to how i can filter with the Creation date as one of the pivot tables. Thanks Sammy ...

Need help with a query
Let me start by saying that I have very little experience in Access. I've learned what I know by "tinkering" around in it and a lot of the terminology I've seen on these boards is above my head. Here's the background to my question. I created an employee database that consists of one massive form with several tabs and on each tab there are several subforms. The main form was created from the Employee Header table and the subforms were created from queries from tables. The idea is when you open the form, you see an employee's basic info on the top ...

help. outlook 2007. not listing contacts
Hi all, i have a small problem in that some of my contacts are not listed in my contacts, example: in address bar type 'b' get a list of all my 'b' contacts, barbara, ben, bill, etc but none of them appear in my address book, or contacts. only listed if i add them to address bar. My question is: where are they stored cos I want to delete one or more. I think they are addresses i have only replied to and never 'created' but have used for new messages, by just typing the first letter and selecting from there. Help please. Many thanks in advance. Lepak Lepak Nera...

Help, Excel Files Being Wiped Out: Data Lost or Corrupted
When I try to open certain Excel files, I get this message: Unable to read file. [OK] Unable to read file. [OK] Errors were detected ... MS was able to open the file by making the repairs below. Save the file to make the repairs permanent. Damage to the file so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulaes and values, but data may have been lost or corrupted. The resulting file is devoid of any formatting, and some formulaes are gone. It's really no use since it takes so much time to reconstruct these files. I've been saving 4 different v...

Simple Field Update?
I have a table in a SQL database (autonumber_id, name, count, extract, points). I have set up a form in an Access front end that looks directly at this linked table and can add/amend/delete records from it. Easy. What I would like to do is automatically populate the points based on the combination of the count and extract fields. These two fields have been set up on the form as tick boxes. How can I do this so that the points field is updated without going down the VB route. Thanks, Mark If points is strictly based on the value of other fields in the same row, you shouldn't be st...

Excel and SQL Database
I'm interested in learning about import data from Excel to SQL Databases and viceversa. Please suggest me some related places. Thanks Luis --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.859 / Virus Database: 585 - Release Date: 14/02/2005 ...

help: how protect formulas in workbook?
Can we locked cells with formulas from editing in one step? When I select cells with formulas in all worksheets by selecting all worksheets and give properties "locked" in Format -Cells-Protection tab and when I try to protect worksheet by Tools-Protection-Protect Sheet is not available. Can we protect all worksheet in workbook in one step or we must do it sheet by sheet? Thanks. spanic -- spanic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spanic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5105 View this thread: ht...

Help with profiles .pst files and roaming profiles
Hi all and thanks in advance for the future answers; Well, we have a enviromente that goes like this: 1 Domain Controller 1 Mail Server running KERIO MAIL SERVER 2 Terminal Servers running CITRIX PS 4.5 1 Server running the citrix console The problem: We have like 50 users now that connect to servers A or B and have their roaming profile working fine, all files and configs come and go, with the exception of the OUTLOOK profile. When i had to add SERVER B to the system, i had to copy users folders from server A and apply the same permissions one by one, otherwise outlook would not work and ...

Help rank features for future Dynamics GP releases
Each year, we ask customers to give us valuable insight into the enhancement of our products. When you give us your feedback and opinions, you help us refine our software to make it even more customer friendly. Please take a few moments to visit the URL below and complete the Product Advisory Board Survey now. This forum is an important way for us to get your opinion on our products, but this special opportunity is available for a limited time. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/pabs -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. We w...

HELP! Money Files and Backup files lost!!
I had a computer guy work on my computer and asked him to consolidate folders because we had folders all over the place and I wanted them all in a centralized location. As a result, Money can't find my files. I tried doing a search for *.mbf & *.mny files to no avail. The files that show up are EMPTY!! AND as luck would have it, BOTH my backup floppies are corrupt!! Can anyone help me find my files? The computer guy insists that he deleted nothing. I'm using Microsoft Money 2001. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as we're talking about 8 years of finanacial d...

Spread Sheet Help again
Here it is hope someone can help me out one more time? I sell something for $25.00 or lower the fee is 5.25% ($1.31), But if its more $25.01 to $1,000.00 fee is 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 2.75% ($0.68)of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00) Cell H1 is $25.00 then Cell J1 is $1.31 (5.25%) Cell H1 is $25.01 then Cell J1 is $1.31 (5.25%)plus 2.75% or $1.99 Can I have them in the same cell somehow is this possable? Thanks for the help -- califman1961 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ califman1961's Profile: http:/...

Yes/No data field help
Hello- I have several fields in Access that are Yes/No data types but I want them to be 0,1 in the TABLE and have a check box in the Form. How do I do this? When I choose the Yes/No Data Type in the table it defaults to the checkbox but I am guessing I can change this to text I still get yes and no when I do Combo box I can change the choices to 0,1 but I am unsure then how to change the combo box to a checkbox in the form. Thanks! If the datatype is YES/NO then you can just delete the combo box and then drag and drop a checkbox on to your form. Then, in the checkbox's record...

help!!! #2
Can somebody tell me the name and location of the file that holds the address book? I have reinstall the outlook and imported the contacts from a comma delimited file, all of the contacts appear on the contact folder but when I open a new message window and click on the TO: button to add recipients a message saying that the address book could not be found and after that it shows a window asking for the proper list to show in a drop down list; that drop down list says 3 times the word "contacts" and if I select the second then all the contacts would appear but I don't kn...

Office Help and Embeded links
Strange problem on one machine. Help files work, however, like the show all link or any of the other links that show up, clicking on them does nothing. All other machines are working with not problem, just this one. Uninstall/reinstall does not work. It is not the customer feedback problem or the default browser. Any ideas? ...

Simple question about axis labeling
Greetings, Two simple questions about axis labeling which I can't seem to figure out: 1) If I have text (e.g. months of the year) and I want that to be the labels for the X-axis, how do I go about doing that? 2) Same question for X- or Y-axis if the data are time formats such as hh:mm:ss, hh:mm, etc. Thanks. Mike ...

Chart display help
How can I have the chart bars display the percentages and the data labels be the raw numbers? Is this possible? Hi, By default bar charts don't display percentages, however, you could create custom data labels by combing a calculation of the percentage with the actual value in another range and the using a program like the free XL Chart Labeler to pick up that range for the data labels. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Suppose the numbers that are your Values are in C2:C10, create a new column by entering the following formula in D2 =C2/SUM(C$2:C$10) Copy this fo...

Connectnig My Access Database (2002) to Excel 2002
I am simply trying to run my query in excel from an access table. So far I have the following: With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "ODBC;DRIVER=(What is the driver I should eb using?); (What other parameters do I need here?), Destination:=Range("A1")) Thanx! See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Tangier" <nitinhemmady@gmail.com> wrote in message news:97703823-d471-46f1-a9cf-4585c4d7a0c2@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am simply trying to run my query in excel from an access table...

Recalling transactions to void/database size
I am having this problem with voiding transactions: it takes around 2-3 minutes for the system to even recall the transactions for the day before it lets me browse them to void the transaction. I have a database that is around 1.5 Gb large. I am using MSDE and I DEFINITELY don't want to upgrade to SQL Server. I only have 1 lane so I don't really need a full blown SQL server for my application. I would imagine that part of the reason why my database is slowing down is the size. I am running a relatively slow server (one lane just doesn't justify the cost to run a faster one). ...

help!
I use MS Money every few weeks to update my after tax accounts. It does a good job. When I tried today, it won't connect to any three of my accounts. It just says "update in process" next to all of my accounts. I have the password in the promt box (I read the note on merging accounts).. do you think that is the fix? Any help would be appreciated. I was unable to update my accounts late Friday night, but OK Saturday afternoon, then unavailable again late Saturday. This is usual for Bank of America as they do maintenance on weekends. This MAY be your issue or it could...

[ANN] Entourage Help Page revised
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3167822367_9059007 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Check out the new revised Entourage Help Page. > <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> For easy searching check out: > EHP Site Map <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/site/map.html> Start your search of the FAQs here: > <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/atoz/a.html> Exchange Support for Entourage 2004 > > <h...

HELP!! RESTORE BACKUP FILES!??
Hello everyone, Here is the situation, one of my clients is using MS MONEY 2001 to keep track of his financial dealings. He was having problems with his dell computer last week so he used the RESTORE CD to format and re-install all the original applications. BEFORE he did this though, he BACKED UP his MS MONEY 2001 files onto 3 floppy disks because it was such a large backup. Therefore he has the following 3 files on floppy disks: 1. my money d1.mbf 2. my money d2.mbf 3. my money d3.mbf I re-installed MS MONEY 2001 on the newly formatted computer and then tried to restore his ...

Help window in Leopard stuck behind menu bar
Since installing Leopard when I open the Help window in any Office program it opens at the top of the desktop and seems to be behind the menu bar. The red, yellow and green buttons are missing/ not visible as well as the rest of the window header. It can't be moved or manipulated in any way. The real problem occurs when trying to close the window. Using keyboard short cuts it first acts on the active window. So in Excel it will close the workbook window when hitting command-W. Then it will work to close the help window. This slows everything down. Any help would be appreciated. Mike Go in...

Run-time Error '-2147217900 (80040e140': HELP!!
I receive the above error when I syn my offline database on one machine. Have disabled any firewalls and checked administrative rights. The rest of the error states "SQL Server blocked access to STATEMENT 'openrowset.........." Thanks Open Sql Server Surface Area Configuration, click on Surface Area Configurationi for Features at the bottom of the screen, Check the Enable OPENROWSET and OPENDATASOURCE support box. Then try to sync the database. "Tony" wrote: > I receive the above error when I syn my offline database on one machine. Have > disabled any f...

Help with exams
Hi all!!! Has anyone taken the V1.0 exam for Installation & configuration, because I tried to take the V1.2 exam and I failed like a matchstick holding up a ton of bricks. I really desperately needs help because this is going o cost me a fortune. I have the partners guide to study out of but they asked question about stuff that I did not even know existed in CRM. Please, any help will be appreciated. Thanx Jan van Vuuren There is basically one, and only one, way to pass : memorise the entire Implementation & Configuration Training Kit, which you get when you attend the cou...