Help Please

What i want to do is really simple.

I have column B with 50 numbers. I want to set up column C so that in
C2, if B2=B1 and then it returns a value or something like false. It
really doesn't matter what it returns though.

Then in C3, if B3=B2 OR B3=B1 then it returns the false value

Then in C4, if B4=B3 OR B4=B2 OR B4=B1 then it returns the false.

Then in C5, if B5=B4 OR B5=B3 OR B5=B2 OR B5=B1 then it returns the
false value.

Can anyone help please?

I think I could do it with alot of logical statements, but you can
only put 30 conditions into one cell. With a list of 50 numbers that
isn't enough, so Im kinda of stuck.
0
jespl1 (3)
4/25/2004 9:58:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

C2:    =IF(COUNTIF($B$1:B1,B2)=0,"")

Copy down as far as necessary.l

In article <7017a620.0404251358.387d6068@posting.google.com>,
 jespl1@excite.com (Joe) wrote:

> What i want to do is really simple.
>
> I have column B with 50 numbers. I want to set up column C so that in
> C2, if B2=B1 and then it returns a value or something like false. It
> really doesn't matter what it returns though.
>
> Then in C3, if B3=B2 OR B3=B1 then it returns the false value
>
> Then in C4, if B4=B3 OR B4=B2 OR B4=B1 then it returns the false.
>
> Then in C5, if B5=B4 OR B5=B3 OR B5=B2 OR B5=B1 then it returns the
> false value.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> I think I could do it with alot of logical statements, but you can
> only put 30 conditions into one cell. With a list of 50 numbers that
> isn't enough, so Im kinda of stuck.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/25/2004 10:05:05 PM
See .misc. Please don't multipost, you waste people's time.

Best wishes Harald

0
innocent (844)
4/25/2004 10:07:26 PM
Enter in Cell C2:
=ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,$B$2:B2,1,FALSE))
and then drag down.
The contents of cell C50 should look like this:
=ISNA(VLOOKUP(B50,$B$2:B49,1,FALSE))

If there's a match, then you'll get "false", otherwise, you'll get "true".

Regards,

Bill

"Joe" <jespl1@excite.com> wrote in message
> What i want to do is really simple.
>
> I have column B with 50 numbers. I want to set up column C so that in
> C2, if B2=B1 and then it returns a value or something like false. It
> really doesn't matter what it returns though.
>
> Then in C3, if B3=B2 OR B3=B1 then it returns the false value
>
> Then in C4, if B4=B3 OR B4=B2 OR B4=B1 then it returns the false.
>
> Then in C5, if B5=B4 OR B5=B3 OR B5=B2 OR B5=B1 then it returns the
> false value.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> I think I could do it with alot of logical statements, but you can
> only put 30 conditions into one cell. With a list of 50 numbers that
> isn't enough, so Im kinda of stuck.

0
T.W.Allen (27)

Help
So - This is what I am trying to achieve: In our business, our orders are made up of products (pizzas actually!) to which the customer can add or remove toppings. Adding a topping costs $1.00. My AddAnOrderandDetailsform captures the customer. My OrderDetailsSubform captures the products (S Margherita, for example), the unit price, quantity, and extended price (yes calculated by multiplying Quantity ad UnitPrice). I then have my ItemDetailsSubform which I want to capture the additional toppings or toppings removed, eg + Pepperoni or - Pepperoni. Both my OrderDetailsSub...

Help with a formula #3
I need some assistance with a formula that I have been working on. Here is the formula: =COUNTIF(Agent1!D28,"100") I have gotten the formula above to work when the number "100" was manually entered into the cell. The problem that I am having now is that I have a formula in cell D28 (=C28/B28) so my count does not recognize it as the number 100 even though the cell displays 100% Not sure if the problem is with the cell contents being a formula or if it does not recognize 100% as the number 100. Any help would be greatly appreciated. V If what you are searching ...

Help, I've lost my password
Help, I've wriitten as program in excel, and I've lost my password. Is i gone forever? I used the password protect option -- julwals ----------------------------------------------------------------------- julwalsh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=96 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26171 Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany julwalsh wrote: > Help, > > I've wriitten as program in excel, and I've lost my password. Is i...

multiple windows....help
it use to be when i opened an excel doc it would open a tab on th bottom of my toolbar. and for every doc opened it would open a new tab well now (not sure how) every doc opens in one tab and i have to go an select each book from the window menu. this is really frusteratin because i work in many excel docs at once and i alt tab all day long. am sure this is an easy fix but i cant seem to figure it out...any hel would be great! Thank you! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2000, select Tools | Options | View Tab | Show and select "Windows in Taskbar". I as...

Help Excel 2007
Hoping that someone can help with this. I'm trying to print out a small worksheet on a '11x17' sheet. I've set the print area to the size I want and I have the scaling set to scale to '1 sheet wide x one sheet high' and the layout to 'landscape'. But there's no scaling happening. Cells still show up in a small corner of the sheet. I've never seen this behavior in any previous version. Any suggestions? Print area?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wr...

Money 2005 Won't Update or Connect to Help
I recently installed Money 2005 and when I went to update I got error messasges for all my accounts. After several days of trying unsuccessfully to update, I uninstalled Money 2005 and reinstalled Money 2004. Everything worked fine nad 2004 connected and updated. I reinstalled Money 2005 and again it would not update. When I clicked on Help it didn't connect either. Then I installed Money 2005 in another computer and it worked fine. When I went to this website on my home computer I could read postings but when I tired to post a question it prompted me to sign onto Passport, b...

Suggestions, please
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with customer names & addresses. Unfortunately, whoever created it included the house numbers in the same cell/column as the street names. As I would like to sort the list in street name (alphabetical) order I need a way of automating the task of removing the house numbers from the beginning of the addresses & inserting them into a new column. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Jono. Jono, You can use a formula in another column like =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)) and then sort by this column. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft...

Help on scanning a document into excel or word
Sorry folks I know it should problems to do with excel but I have had lots of help from here so it worth a try. I am trying to scan a page so that I can edit it from my labtop, but when I scan the page it will not let me edit any text, I have tried to save the file as a template but that doesn't work also, has anyone got any idea's Dave Are you scanning as Text using the OCR software that came with your scanner or just scanning as an image? Depending upon the OCR software, you can get close to 100% accuracy. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:41:19 GMT, "Dav...

testing
This is just a test. Please ignore this message. Thanks. Stanley ...

formula help #24
I am trying to create a formula where it takes the result of one formula and adds .60 if the answer to a question is yes but adds zero if it is no. The first part of my formula is as follows: =10+(IF(F44>1,(F44-1)*8.5)) It works fine. I just cannot get the second part to work with the first part. Any help would be appreciated. =IF(M44="yes",(10+(IF(F44>1,(F44-1)*8.5)))+0.6,10+(IF(F44>1,(F44-1)*8.5))) replace M44 with the cell that holds the answers, you know I assume that if the conditions in your formula isn't TRUE it will return 10? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom ...

Please Help!! #2
Here's my situation, I work at a hotel in the security dept. everyday we receive lost and found items. we keep these items for 30 days, if not claimed they go to the employee who found it. We use excel to make out a list of the employees that are about to receive there lost and found, but I have to type each and every employee's name every time I make the list. So my question is, Can I create some sort of drop down list that has every employee name on it, so all I would have to do is double click on the name and have it show up on the list? Thanks for your help -- Jumpman23 ------...

help w/deleting rows if 2 conditions & calling macro from other bo
hi, i found the code below and it works when i'm in the same workbook but how do i modify it so that i call from book 1 and it works on book 2. i also need to add a second condition .... any ideas?? what i want to do is delete all rows that DON'T have "Attendance" in column G and aferwards delete all rows that are "blank" in column J the macro will be called from the master.xls BUT will work on another file called raw.xls Sub stantial() Dim myrange, MyRange1 As Range lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set myrange = Sheets(...

HELP! Need to Sync Two Copies of Outlook Via Pocket PC.
Hope someone can help. I have a PC in my office, I have a PC at home. Both run Outlook and I MUST be able to Sync the two copies of Outlook daily. I used to use Active Sync by Microsoft until a few months ago, when I began getting the dreaded "Active Sync has encountered a problem on the desktop" error so many here have reported. I have tired EVERTHING to revolve this including reinstalling Outlook, checking for blocked Scripts, etc. EVERY suggestion on Microsoft.com and posted here.. NOTHING resolves it. I have been unable to Sync for three months and Microsoft doesn't seem t...

Help this is wrecking my head!!
:eek: Hi again, Would be grateful for some more help..... yesterday I was trying t find out if there is something I can do to save me physically switchin screens in excel and finding out the names of a dept attached to a code Ie I have a list of telephone no.s on a work sheet and each no. belong to a team somtimes teams have more than one phone no. as expected. I also have a list of all the phone calls made out of a buidling and need to find out which team is making the most amount of calls etc. S I go to the no. screen and ctrl and F and type in the no. find the tea flick back to the n...

file and folder help. Please :)
Hi I have a list of files in an excel sheet in the first column I would like to know is there a way I can get excel to search for these files by giving it a dirctory and then it would copy the files to a directory I set, so say I have the following in an excel document 15632.dxf 55555.dxf 95854.dxf now they are under directory X and the directory I want them to be copier to is XX is there a way to do this, I would appreciate any help Thanks. Ali Aliandro, Sub CopyFiles() Range("A2").Select ' starting cell Do While Selection <> "" FileCopy "C:\x\&q...

Please help!!!!! How do I enter this formula???
I want to enter a count formula for a rota I'm doing for my staff using the 24 hour clock. Basically I want to be able to count the number of staff working in the rota between two selected times without having to put dates into the rota. The staff work 24 hour shifts so the count has to take account of the fact that if the rota says a staff member worked between, say, 20:00 and 8:00 that member of staff worked between 8:00 pm on one day to 8:00 am on the following day. For Monday, for instance, cells b6:b21 contain the start times for the respective members of staff and cells c6...

Help resizes window &%$#!
This problem is probably not excel specific: Is there a way to prevent help routines to resize the program window? When I start Excel-Help, the Excel window is reduced to half of the full size - even if the help window is larger than the other half of the screen. This causes a lot of swearing because I can't see anything in the worksheet because the window is too small and I can't see the help window because it is partly covered by the excel window. My fear is I have to live with it. Can somebody convince me otherwise? Thanks Oskar von dem Hagen ...

Help in archiving large mailstore...
Help! Please! We have a 600Gb exchange system in 8 mailstores - many uses have in excess of 1Gb in their inboxes - some have up to 20Gb! Several users also have in excess of 100,000 mail messages, some in excess of 500,000 in their inboxes (one has 615,000) ... We have about 150 mailboxes in total. System is on 4 Windows Server 2003 systems. Sigh... as you might have guessed, there has been no policy up until now - I intend to enforce one as performance is degrading rapidly. Some people, Heaven help me, sort their HUGE inboxes by subject... then when after 5 minutes nothing's hap...

Mailbox authentication problem!! Please HELP!!!
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000. I have a user that has lost the ability to connect to the exchange server through outlook. I can reconfigure the mail support and the user shows up properly when you check the name. The user can login to the domain properly, but the message pops up wanting proper authentication when for the exchange. I can put in the proper username and password, but only the local folders will open up. I have reset the user account through Active Directory, but with no luck. Through exchange I can see the users box with the folder size and number of emails. ...

Help pls
Honestly, I'm only okay with MFC/C++, I'm not familiar with ATL, WTL or like that... I have downloaded 4 different wrapper classes and none of them seem to want to work in VS2005. All I want to do is read and write XML documents. Maybe append a child node here and there. That's all. Can someone popint me in the right direction here? The MSXML docs are really hard to thread through. tia B I'm using xerces-c (2.7.0) for parsing XML and I could make it work quite quickly with MFC. See http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi You have here also some Demos about ho...

Help Needed !!!
I was using the trial version of Money 2005 in the past few weeks. Today I purchased and installed Money 2005 Standard version. After installation, I could not open the previous money file. When I tried to open the file, it prompted that it would convert the file to the new version. However, the conversion failed with message 'can not open the file ... due to either no permission or file is being opened ...' I am using Windows ME on my personal computer. No other application is using the file. The file is not read only either. Anybody would share his / her experience if the same...

Can this be done????......Help !..A Challenge
What I am wanting to do is....... I have a file with multiple worksheets... One of the worksheets has conditional formatting....red for above target..green for below target.... What I would then like to do is...from the data which is either above or below target...plot these into a pie chart....but keep the conditional formatting so that the pie chart is full of red or green sections... I can provide a copy of what i would like....if you can help..id be much appreciated. Tim Harding timharding@hotmail.com I think I can help. Send me a copy... >-----Original Message----- >Wha...

Task Won't Indent on Import
I am importing an XML file into Microsoft Project 2007. The XML file does contain the appropriate Outline Levels. The first day that Microsoft Project was installed on my computer the indenting worked fine. However, the next day it stopped indenting. We removed Microsoft Project and re-installed it and it started indenting again. Once I went home for the day and came back the next day, it stopped indenting again. I can export the exact same XML file and after it is first installed it brings over the correct Outline Levels. But when it isn't indenting, it has changed al...

Help with Dlookup problem in subform/main form
Hello, I am trying to make a subform that opens on a main form. The code works when I open the subform, but when the subform opens on the main form, it gives me an error message. Details: I have 2 subforms called "AutosGasData1sub" and "AutosGasData2sub". There is a field on each subform called "Best MPG" that pulls the best MPG from queries called "AutosGasStats1" and "AutosGasStats2" respectively. The subforms are attached to a form called "AutomobileGasolineSearch". I have added lookup fields to find the date of the Best MPG...

Help on Help
Hi: I'm trying to create a Help system for a vc++ (vc.net 2003) dialog-based application. I started by creating a separate single document project where I included "Context-sensitive Help" and copied the help files (MyApp.hpj, afxcore.rtf, afxprint.rtf, bullet.bmp, and MyApp.cnt) over to my application. I now have a Help Topics box that I can bring up with Contents, Index and Find tabs. I can change the books in the Contents tab by modifying the MyApp.cnt file and I can change the text that is pointed to by finding the original text in the afxcore.rtf file and changing it t...