Help on filter

HI,
I have a list to filter. I have to keep only integers.
I tried everything in advanced filters... does not work.
Can you help me please?
Thanks
Sylvai

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
one way: use a helper column. Lets say your numbers are in column A
then enter the following formula in an adjacent cell for row 2
=IF(MOD(A1,1)=0,"X","")
copy this down for all rows. After this filter with this helper column

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> HI,
> I have a list to filter. I have to keep only integers.
> I tried everything in advanced filters... does not work.
> Can you help me please?
> Thanks
> Sylvain
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/24/2004 6:15:17 AM
Sylvain

Would Edit>Go To>Special>Constants and uncheck all but "numbers" do the trick?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:02:59 -0500, sylvain
<<sylvain.16qxux@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>HI,
>I have a list to filter. I have to keep only integers.
>I tried everything in advanced filters... does not work.
>Can you help me please?
>Thanks
>Sylvain
>

>---

Gord

re help
hi i have just installed vista on my comp and all is working well im using windows mail and just wanted some more stationery so i went to down load Microsoft's own but can i find it when it installs it it does not put it into the windows mail stationery file ? why not any help ...

HELP: problems using old version of Outlook....
Does anyone still use Outlook 97? I am having problems trying to setup an email account that uses POP/SMTP and also SPA for authentication for SMTP. POP/SMTP doesn't seem to be one of the available options in Outlook 97. The only email account types are MS Exchange, MS Mail, and something else but no SMTP or POP. Do I have to install some addon or plugins? It has to be brought up-to-date to be useful. Be sure you installed SR1 and SR2 and Internet E-mail Enhancement Patch (IMEP) for Outlook 97, then use the setup instructions for Outlook 98 found here: OL98: (CW) Configuring the ...

Need help with error message #3
I recieve the following error message when I try to import a .csv file from my desktop to my outlook 2000. I'm not sure how to add the correct translators, or fix the error. "A file error has occured in the comma seperated values (windows) translator while initilizing a translator to build a field map" ...

Can't Open MS OL 2003
Help !!! We have no idea why we can't open our Microsoft 2003 Outlook today. We've used it for about 3 years without a hitch. We shut the system down as normal last night, no windows were open. Today when we attempted to check our mail we got a popup window with the following: * Cannot start MS Outlook * Unable to open the Outlook Window * The set of folders could not be opened * The server is not available * Contact your adminstrator if this problem persists. The outlook.pst file is less than 1MB. Fearing the worst, we copied and pasted the outlook.pst and the archiv...

Using rules to filter out specific words in an HTML message
I am running outlook XP, and repeatidly receive a peice of junk mail, offering me prescription drugs. The message is nothing but an image, but there is a common peice of source code in that HTML message. However, when I add that peice of code to the "with specific words in the body" rule, it won't filter it out. How do I do that? ...

Commissions data base HELP
I need help programing a data base to figuare out commisions. I need a data base to multiply 0-250 by $.50 then from 251-500 by $.65 then from 501-750 by $.75 then from 751-1000 by $.85 then from 1001-1500 by $1.00 then from 1501-2000 by $1.15 and then from 2001 + by $1.25. So if someone would enter 2000 I need the data base to multiply the first 250 by $.50 then the next 250 by $.65 then the next 250 by $.75 and so on. Any suggestions will help. Thanks Jason One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1>{0,250,500,750,1000,1500,2000}), (A1-{0,250,500,750,1000,1500,2000}), {0.5,0.15,0.1,0.1,0.15...

help with the incomprehensible non-functional bullets but I see
Hi, I signed on to get help with the incomprehensible non-functional bullet list feature but I see that there are so many messages with this problem and there is no real solution. The bullets in word 2007 are un-usable. I dont want to set them as a style I only want to select in certain places and I have to select where they go and where the indent is. I want a certain bullet list that I create. I dont want an extra tab between the bullet and the first letter. I have to keep hunting for the bullet list I created each time. I want this list in all my word doc. I don't ...

Help #26
Could someone give me the right formula please, I'm really stuck I would need to have an Excel file work like this : Page 1 - column 1 : empty at the moment, but as soon as I start writing in it I would like to have automatically some data's on 2 other sheets of the file. For instance : Page 1 - column 1 : John Mike John Mike Anna Anna As soon as I start typing that, I would like to have automatically on sheet 2 - column E for instance all the John's, on sheet 3 - column E : all the Anna's aso Can anybody help me composing the right formula for this ? I admit I'...

contacts macro help!
Hi there I want to create a macro within excel that can take cells containing name, company name, telephone number and email, and add them to my contacts database in outlook should I choose to. Before it adds the data, it will need to check if the data doesn't already exist. I'm using Office XP. thanks in advance ...

ScriptErrorInPublisher2k Help Files
I am running Publisher2000sp3 on a W@K machine with IE6. Clicking on the hyper links within an subject in the HELP files generates a WindowsExplorer Script error: "Line1 Char1 Object doesn't support this property or method" I have re-installed IE6 as well as Publisher 2 or 3 times. This error comes up on several machines with Publisher installed from different (shrink-wrapped) copies of Publisher. Any suggestions would be appreciated. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ArtKutschke <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Cli...

Excel 97/2000
Hi, Can someone please help me with a formula that I am having problems creating? In a folder I have 500+ 'randomly' named workbooks, plus one master workbook. The master workbook stays the same (it is the one I work with) whilst all the others will change daily. The changing workbooks all contain the same information types - that is each one is a set of contact details, with the file name being the contact name and the following example data: A1 - Address 1 A2 - Address 2 B1 - Telephone B2 - email address etc. On a daily basis, the master workbook is to collect all this data,...

Need help refreshing a datagrid client side
Hi -- I'm very, very new to ASP.Net, and I've been trying for several days to figure out how to update a datagrid AND refresh it on the client side so that the page doesn't refresh. I've torn my code apart over and over each time I tried what I thought would be the code that would solve my problem. Maybe I'm going down the completely wrong path here. Essentially, here is an explanation of my ASP.NET webform application and what I want it to do: Employees add how much time they spend on a job, and then that information is added to a SQL database and displayed in a datagri...

Query Help 02-14-08
I have a query that pulls usage volumes, this works fine. The catch is I have a list of all of the prices that that item has ever had (price increases and decreases) i.e. Item #300500 prices would look like this 1/1/1999 $4.50 3/4/2000 $ 4.10 7/8/2003 $ 5.56 11/1/2006 $ 5.20 1/1/2008 $ 6.00 I have a date parameter in the query that a person can program when they would like to pull the from i.e. between 1/1/2007 and 12/31/2007. is there a way to have it where what ever date they put into the datefield that it'll pull the last date applying to that range? So it would pull 11/1/2006 since...

Please help re: "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient."
The following are excerpts from Outlook 2003 debug logs (connecting to Exchange 2003). The first section (Debug of works fine) shows proper operation while the second (Debug of does not work) indicates the problem we are having. Hoping that someone can offer a clue as to why the failure.. Debug of works fine: 2006.02.10 09:02:44 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2006.02.10 09:02:44 EXECUTING Put MAPI TASK 2006.02.10 09:02:44 Starting the Spooling Cycle 2006.02.10 09:02:44 MAPI Status: (IN -- ---/OUT fl ---) 2006.02.10 09:02:44 MAPI Progress: Outbound Flu...

Need help with evaluating Great Plains product
Would anyone be able to tell me if Great Plains handles the following: - Importing functionality - customer set up and maintenance, AR transactions, AP invoice transactions, CR transactions, journal entries - we are a mortgage banker - and want to track all activity at the loan level - Any help would be appreciated Thanks where are you located in the US. "Doug H" wrote: > Would anyone be able to tell me if Great Plains handles the following: > > - Importing functionality - customer set up and maintenance, AR > transactions, AP invoice transactions, CR transacti...

Please help me i'm an idiot
I have some templates that I've been using for a year now. When I used to type a persons name in a cell, and then go to type the same name in a cell a couple of rows down in the same column, it would automatically put the whole name in after I typed just one letter. Now it doesn't do that for me. What did I do to make this stop for me, and how can I get it to do it again? -- thuma1004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ thuma1004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14810 View this thread: http://www.exce...

MS CRM
Is MS CRM suitable to be used as a Help Desk application? We are a company that handles approx 20 tech support calls a day but may grow to take 50 a day. If not, are there any other MS products that would be ideal for the Help Desk? CRM will work and do the job you want but if you only want it to handle 20 calls a day it may be expensive. How many users? "Matt" <FITZ@FRONTLINE-SOLUTIONS.COM> wrote in message news:147401c37312$bc10d090$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is MS CRM suitable to be used as a Help Desk application? > We are a company that handles approx 20 tech supp...

Help installing Office Mac on MacBook Air via dvd sharing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Ok, I have spent over 4 hours trying to install my brand new Office Mac 2008 on my MacBook Air. Please, if somebody has a clue of what my problem would be, let me know!!!! I installed the disc 1 on my other computer, which is a Sony Vaio Windows XP. I also activated DVD and CD sharing on it. Everything is fine until I ask for permission to use the drive. I accept it on my windows, and an icon with the Microsoft CD appears on my MacBook Air, but I can't do anything with it. I tried double clicking to open the file, I tried dragging, ...

Pop up Help
I use XP Prof. MS Outlook. Everytime I receive a email I get a pop up box that says "windows is preparing to install..." and almost as soon as I can read the box it disappears. I have no other errors or other problems but it is annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks ...

Function help needed urgently!!!
Hi anyone who can help... I have two sets of figures 1 is sales and 1 is target. Eg: Sales Target Incentive 5 5 In the Incentive column I want a formula that will calculate the Incentive payment for employees who exceed there target. The easy part is the if statement for example 10% of their sales if they exceed target: =if(sales>target,Sales*10%,0) The complicated part comes in to play when only when they hit multiples of 10 are they entitled to an incentive: If the Sales are 5 and the Target is 5 - no incentive. If the Sales are 10 and the Target is 5 - no incenti...

I Need Help Saving Print Settings
I print alot of different saved documents everyday. Each document has to have its own print settings. For example, some files i need to print RGB Standard, others I need to print CMYK Enhanced, etc. It would really be helpful if these print settings would save to each file, and print the same way every time i open it, without having to change the print settings every time. I have tried to save the settings, but it seems that no matter what every time I open these files, Publisher and my print settings, will keep the same settings as the previous document. I am printing to a Xerox 7750. ...

Outlook missing attachment help
I hope someone can help here as I have tried everything I can think of! I sent an XLS file to my collegue who opened the attachment rather than saving it first. She spent several hours adding data to the file and kept clicking the save icon to make sure she didn't loose anything. The following day she came to open the file again and there was no sign of it anywhere. After spending most of the day on Google it would appear that Outlook destroys this file without any warnings even though it has been saved repeatedly in Excel. Can anyone confirm this behaviour or better still, can anyone s...

Please help with Exchange POP3 Server
Dear all, I have a problem with mail exchage. I have an user account who have two mail boxs. one mail box is using exchange and another one is using POP3. The problem is the mailbox that using POP3 can not delivery mail to outside but can only delivery in the local. And it used to work normally before. I don't know what is wrong. So, anyone could you please help me with this? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance, Susan ...

Help Neede In How To Create Accounts receivable Or A/P Invoice
Hello, Could anyone let me know how a person can create a Great Plains A/R Invoice form scratch. Let's assume that a person has very small knowledge of Great Plains thus a very thorough and detailed description will be highly appreciated - the step by step description will be very helpful and appreciated. If also a detailed description of the same process concerning the creation of an A/P invoice is provided that would be even mcuh better. Also, could a trial version be donloaded or could even a tutorial from the Internet be found somwhere? Again, thanks in advance. You cann...

Month
Hi all.. so I am pretty new with Excel 2007...so here's the scenario I need help with. I would like to either create a formula or macro that would analyze a column that's filled with dates and to highlight the dates based on the month only. Basically it's a colum full of birthdays..and I want to pull up my spreadsheet and have the people's birthday highlighted by current month so they can be recognized. Thanks for the help and input! >with Excel 2007 Try this... Assume your dates are in the range B2:B20. Select the *entire* range B2:B20 starting f...