Help needed with a formula

I am trying to get some values from a different workbook into my sheet.
The formula I am using is simple, like this:
='I:\ORKUN\Konya\Istatistik\[BINASAYIMI(Balikesir Gemlik
vs).xls]2'!$D$59 what I want to do is to keep column numbers (i.e D) in
this formula, but to able to change the row number dynamic. For example
I want to point this number in a cell, so whatever I write into that
cell will become row number in the formula. Is there a simple way?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Assuming the formula is in cell B1, you could amande it to :
=OFFSET('I:\ORKUN\Konya\Istatistik\[BINASAYIMI(Balikesir Gemlik
vs).xls]2'!$D$59,A1,0)

This will allow you to input a number in A1 to move the referenced cell
down, with A1=0 producing the contents of D59, A1=1 producing the
contents of D60 etc.

Hope this helps

Mike

Hiding formulas
I've finsihed my spreadsheet and I'm able to lock the cells I don't want people to mess with. How do I hide the formulas? Also, my workbook has more than one sheet. Can I hide formulas in one sheet, but not the other, etc.? The same would go for locking cells. Thanks On Nov 13, 4:27 pm, Drake <Dr...@Drake37.org> wrote: > I've finsihed my spreadsheet and I'm able to lock the cells I don't > want people to mess with. > > How do I hide the formulas? > > Also, my workbook has more than one sheet. Can I hide formulas in one > sheet, but not ...

need a formula 11-15-09
need to find the formula for b3 is 8 hrs c3 = -.50min / b3 is less than 8hrs c3 -.25 example b3 8. hrs c3 7.5 hrs / b3 6. hrs c3 5.75 Terry: take a big breath and retype this slowly using punctuation and line feeds. We do want to help but this makes no sense to me Unlike cell phone text messages, there is no word-count cost. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0B8990-E7EE-4FF7-9FE1-5577D1DBF3EE@microsoft.com... > need to find the formula f...

HOW CAN i DEVELOP A FORMULA THAT RESTRICY SYMBOLS CHARACTERS TO B
I am trying to developt a formula that restrict symbol characters to be entred as data, help me! This will limit data entry to alphanumeric characters: =SUMPRODUCT((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)>="A")*(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)<="Z")+ISNUMBER(-MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)))=LEN(A1) Are there any other characters which you may wish to enter? Steve D. "Rodrjua" <Rodrjua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61E5CBBC-B00E-4BCF-B46D-8A9B5D247836@micr...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Will a formula do what I want?
Using: Excel 2000, on Windows 98 I'm hoping that someone on here can possibly help me. I have basi Excel knowledge, but this is out of my skill set. My boss has given me a project to work on, in which I have a workboo with two worksheets that I am dealing with. The worksheets are labelle PRICE and SUMMARY. On the PRICE sheet, I have several columns. Column A lists the produc name, Columns E list the per page charge for the *red* program, an Column G lists the per page charge for the *blue* program. Those ar the columns we will be dealing with. All specific information on thi page st...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

help #9
???? There... all better now? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, hygdd@eedd2.com <hygdd@eedd2.com> typed: | ???? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C35EC3.E4226980 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable with what exactly? I only see a questionmark? -- Please go to my website: The Site Resource Vote For The Site Resource! <hygdd@eedd2.com> wrote in message = news:a34bjvk9fvkgdb...

Need help plz! Unable to Send/Recv emails in OE.
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages: 1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavail...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

Publisher Template page??? help
Okay I'm working in Publisher 2003 with a document that somebody else created. Whenever I go to "Insert page... " (by right clicking on the pages tabs at the bottom) and everytime I do I get a "Newsletter Pages" window asking me what kind of Page I want to insert. I have the options of selecting story, order form calender, etc and each option comes up with a different layout for the page. I can tell they are custom because each page has information specific to this company. My question is how to I modify (edit) these pages? They seem to be templates but only fo...

Help #18
Hi again I am using a 4 x 4 table ( A1:D4), concatenating 8 inputs ( A1 to H1) so say I concatenate A1 with B1, all the way to H1, anyway the result in the tables will be similar to llb, lbb, llbb, b etc. Now my problem is that each of these results must be converted to usable name eg...llb = Purple, lbb = Pink, llbb = Silver etc. I need to display these colour results in say A10:A26, if there are cells in the results table showing llbb then it must display: 12.5% Silver 25.0% Purple etc Thanks in advance Colli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cannot understand your ...

Help Opening Publisher 2007 file in 2000 version
Help !! I have been sent a publisher 2007 document and cannot open it at all with my publisher 2000, is there a file conversion download or anything? Nope, there is no conversion. If you send it to me I will convert it for you. Be aware you may lose some formatting and if there are images involved the file will become much larger. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maneater" <Maneater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B514D1E-C752-4577-A140-B6FC974B9416@m...

copying numbers generated by formulas
Hello. I have a column that generated some numbers using formulas. Now that I have the numbers, I want to copy and paste the numbers elsewhere without copying and pasting the formulas. How do I do this? Thank you! Look at the Paste Option tag to the right of the cell you pasted into, click the down arrow, and select values or use paste special and select values. Ron "Rush" <Rush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1CC68E8-5E1A-4BCF-82E3-AFD27E7474C9@microsoft.com... > Hello. I have a column that generated some numbers using formulas. Now > that...

What's wrong in this formula???? #6
=G19*MIN(200,50+25*J19 This works great! Thank you so much! Could you maybe explain what this formula does? Thanks again! :cool -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27484 Perhaps you didn't see my original post or Ken Wright's post very early in this thread? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ekser" <Ekser.1f799z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in ...

Need help #2
I have a column full of photo names such as 2801.JPG. There are aroun 500+ image names in this column. What I need to do is add "photos/" i front of every image name in this column; e.g. "photos/2801.JPG". I there any way to do this other than one at a time. It would take a ver long time doing it this way. Thanks for your help example: _current_ 2801.jpg 2802.jpg 2803.jpg _What_I_need_ photos/2801.jpg photos/2802.jpg photos/2803.jp -- trima ----------------------------------------------------------------------- trimax's Profile: http:...

Formula Help #46
I have this formula in a cell AB19: =IF(AA19<0,"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20>0,M20))) If cell AA19 is empty I want cell AB19 to be empty. The probem is that in cell AA19 there is a return of false, which I have conditionally formattted to not show up. I've tried less than 0, if AA19="","", and everything else I could think of. How can I make cell AB19 not return a value when AA19 returns false? It really returns False? =IF(OR(AA19=FALSE,AA19<0),"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20>0,M20))) or =IF(AA19=FALSE,"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20&g...

HELP! Service pack install to 2nd instance updated 1st instance!
I was attempting to install a second instance of GP on my workstation to run against our test server, which is at 9.0 SP4 (our production system is 9.0 SP2). When I ran the SP4 upgrade, to my chagrin it didn't ask what instance I wanted to upgrade, and to my horror it upgraded my production (default) instance - GREAT! Two questions: 1. Is there any way to easily back out that upgrade from my production instance? Can I just run Add/Remove Programs and remove it? (I haven't logged on to GP yet since I ran the SP upgrade). I could delete the CNK files, but I noticed it did a bun...

help need to total a months worth of worksheets into one report
everyday I enter the cheques we receive and all the relevant info about the including what department bill it was to pay I need to find a way create a Totals for the month" sheet, table, something but I want it to be updated as I add the info to the daily worksheets any suggestions? Instead of creating a separate worksheet for each day, store all the data on one worksheet, and include a column for the date. Then, use Data>Filter>AutoFilter to view the data for a specific day, and use a pivot table to summarize the data. Create a dynamic named range on the input sheet, and b...

Formulas & Closed Workbooks
Hi, I've recently had to replace a few SUMIF formulae with SUMPRODUCT as they were summing ranges in other workbooks, but, more importantly - *closed* workbooks. Consequently the SUMIFs returned #VALUE errors until the source files were opened. I've tried searching Help and the web to find out which functions work OK with closed workbooks (like vlookup for example), and which don't (eg. sumif). But I've not been very successful. Does anyone know where I can find this information, as i think it would be a useful reference document. Many thanks, Jason Jay wrote... ....

PivotTable: formula for added & removed
Everymonth I get a list of office codes, and I need to compare if there are any changes (additions or deletions). Here is how the raw data comes in: Group Office Main Office Codes Date XBA MOFC 104 104 Aug-09 XBA MOFC 104 133 Mar-10 Then I create a pivottable where Group & Office are a page then Main & Office Codes are rows with Date and a column and the Count of Office Codes is the data. This way the months are side by side and I can visually see if there is a new code or old code removed. I want to go one step future and instead of doing it v...

Need the Daylight Saving Patch KB951072 patch file
I want to put KB951072 patch on a XP SP2 system, but the computer is not on the web. The Microsoft site does not seem to let you just download the patch file so you can download it offline. How can I get the patch file? Thanks! "Tom Adams" <tadamsmar@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bdddd6c3-9f6f-4c23-a406-c1b0c4bf4de8@t34g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > > I want to put KB951072 patch on a XP SP2 system, but the computer is > not on the web. The Microsoft site does not seem to let you just > download the patch file so you can download it offline. ...

Array formula
Anyone help with a tricky Excel problem? I have a single worksheet with two columns of data. In the first column (say Column A) there are a series of either zeros or ones. Alongside that in the next column there are a series of other values, e.g. Col A Col B Row 1 1 xxx Row 2 0 yyy Row 3 1 zzz Row 4 0 bbb Rpw 5 1 aaa In another column I want to put a formula that will return only the string in Column B if Column A is a one, but, here is the problem, I need the string values immedi...

Which hotfix(es)/SP(s) I need for Exchange 2000 to bring it to version 6.5.7226.0?
Dear all, I am not sure this is the right forum so please bare with me that I've posted the same on fora: microsoft.public.exchange2000.general microsoft.public.exchange2000.misc microsoft.public.exchange2000.setup.installation I will be very happy if you can tell me which hotfix(es)/SP(s) I need for Exchange 2000 to bring it to version 6.5.7226.0? Kind regards, Soren Mikkelsen Switzerland ...

MDI message help
Does anyone know if there is any message sent to the CMDIFrameWnd when the selected document is changed when a user clickes on a different child window? If know how can the CMDIFrameWnd be notified when the selected document window is changed? Thanks George Take a look at OnMDIActivate(). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "George" <sg1base@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:benm7v$r3l$1@slb6.atl.mindspring.net... > Does anyone know if there is any message sent to the CMDIFrameWnd when the > selected document is changed when a user clickes on a diffe...