Help needed for a simple spreadsheet

I use MS office 2000, using excell to calculate costings, i would lik
to simplyfy the way i use the spreadsheet to calculate costs but canno
find out how to set up a basic database which will automatically link t
the spreadsheet, any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Using a simple 5 column spreadsheet i would like to set it up a
follows.

Column A - enter simple item code (upto 10 digits)  which wil
auto-complete after 3 digits and allow scrolling through similar code
until the correct item is found, column C would then automatically b
entered with the full item description and column D would automaticall
be entered with the price (both from a new database).
Column B - enter quantity
Column C - automatically be entered with full product descriptio
linked to item code in A
Column D - automatically be entered with item price, again linked to A
Column E - automatically calculate B x D

Ideally this would be set up on A4 with space at the top for jo
reference (which would be shown at the top of each page), column
would auotmatically be totalled and this would then be forwarded to th

I am sure that this should be simple to do within excell but have bee
unable to find anything in the tutorial books to help me set it up

--
Willia

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"William" <William.1thqwa@no-mx.gateway.localhost> wrote in message

> I use MS office 2000, using excell to calculate costings, i would like
> to simplyfy the way i use the spreadsheet to calculate costs but cannot
> find out how to set up a basic database which will automatically link to
> the spreadsheet, any help would be gratefully appreciated.
>
> Using a simple 5 column spreadsheet i would like to set it up as
> follows.
>
> Column A - enter simple item code (upto 10 digits)  which will
> auto-complete after 3 digits and allow scrolling through similar codes
> until the correct item is found, column C would then automatically be
> entered with the full item description and column D would automatically
> be entered with the price (both from a new database).
> Column B - enter quantity
> Column C - automatically be entered with full product description
> linked to item code in A
> Column D - automatically be entered with item price, again linked to A
> Column E - automatically calculate B x D
>
> Ideally this would be set up on A4 with space at the top for job
> reference (which would be shown at the top of each page), column E
> would auotmatically be totalled and this would then be forwarded to the
>
> I am sure that this should be simple to do within excell but have been
> unable to find anything in the tutorial books to help me set it up.
>

> --
> William

Consider using vlookup to match column(a) against your pricing sheet to
return values for columns(c,d)

0
Jefgorbach (42)

Domain-HELP
My question is: I have a domain (MOM) and two child domains (KID1 and KID2). If I create a user on KID1 or KID2 and place the mailbox on MOM. The problem is: the mailbox will not shown in System's manager but I was able to send an email to that mailbox without the email coming back. ALSO, the user's name will not shown up in the GAL. Help me here.... BJ: Check your RUS settings. If you don't know what that is, then that's probably what's causing this issue, so read up on it. You need to have RUS set up for the subdomains since they don't have Exchange servers. ...

Tex Case in spreadsheet
I have approximately 1000 rows of address data in a cloumn that I need to change from Upper Case to Upper/Lower Case e.g. From: 123 BLUEJAY WAY AUSTRALIA To: 123 Bluejay Way Australia Thanks in advance for all assistance Add a new column and copy the PROPER() function all the way down. A B C 1 123 BLUEJAY WAY =PROPER(B1) 2 987 SEAHORSE PL =PROPER(B2) >-----Original Message----- >I have approximately 1000 rows of address data in a >cloumn that I need to change from Upper Case to >Upper/Lower Case > >e.g. >From: >123 BLUEJAY WAY AUSTRALIA >...

Outlook 2000 HELP ! ! !
I had to un-install Outlook thru the add/remove program ( Office 2000 Premium ) because of a problem I was having on my hard drive. The problem being corrected, now I want to install Office back. When I try to do an install, it keeps telling me that I have to reboot all the time, so I do several re-boots and I still can not get it to install. WHAT can I do here to get it to install ? ? ? ? Any help would be appreciated because I am new to this stuff. Norm at wahkona1 at hotmail dot com ...

I need .5 instead of .3 on total time on time sheet
I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) not .3 (39.3 hours) What formula? What value of the source cells? What formatting? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B4BFDEF-6625-42E9-ACC3-143C5C8C8832@microsoft.com... >I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) > not .3 (39.3 hours) try =MROUND(F2,0.5) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.c...

Searching multiple spreadsheets
I have 41 spreadsheets with identical fields such as county, city, state, date, etc. I want to find all the spreadsheets with the same county. What is a formula for that? Also, I would like to find all spreadsheets that meet multiple search criteria for instance all spreadsheets that have New Orleans as city and Louisiana as state. Thanks, in advance, for your help. -- WMO ------------------------------------------------------------------------ WMO's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26065 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Saving large spreadsheets takes a long time.
I hope somebody can help answer my questions... First off... the way I understand Excel saves files is that Excel saves to a temporary file first and when the temporary file is sucessfully saved, the original is deleted and the temporary file is renamed to the original file name. Now with a very large file, 400MB+, creating this temporary file, deleting the original, and renaming the temporary can take a long time, even with a higher end PC (P4, 2.0 Ghz w/ 1GB RAM). Correct? Now I have a user who is doing the above and is a bit "miffed" about the amount of time it tak...

I need to host a 2nd domain on my Exchange server.
Hi, my current email is ashrafvc@abc.com on a single domain with exchange 2003. We have currently aquired another company and I need to add new email account on my same exchange server with different domain name, for example abc@mbc.com I refer some article suggesting to play around with recepient policy but somehow it just seem to be not working for me. Is there a better way or right solution for this ? Please help. Thanks & Regards, Ashraf http://www.petri.co.il/configure_exchange_2000_2003_to_receive_email_for_other_domains.htm That should give you the basics. Make sure the MX rec...

Need to prevent changes to 2003 Outlook screen layout
My father does not have fine motor control in his hands, and he frequently accidentally changes the layout of various parts of the Outlook screen, by accidentally dragging things away, or double-clicking on a column title in the in-box, etc. Once this happens, he does not know how to restore things to the way they were. I need to be able to create the layout he wants, and then prevent any other changes from being made. I have set his machine up with Admin rights reserved for my Logon ID. Any help will be appreciated. ...

Confused, help with this line please!
Range(Cells(9, 1), Cells(9, 6)).Delete Shift:=xlUp works fine, but Worksheets(3).Range(Cells(9, 1), Cells(9, 6)).Delete Shift:=xlUp gives a runtime error 1004 message. why? ( function is in worksheet 1 ) try it this way Sheets(3).Range("a9:f9").Delete Shift:=xlUp Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eaBhR0pbFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Range(Cells(9, 1), Cells(9, 6)).Delete Shift:=xlUp > > works fine, but > > Worksheets(3).Range(Cells(9, 1), Cells(9, 6)).Delete Shift:=xlUp >...

Queries and reports in access Need help please
Hello everyone , I have a little issue to setup a database. I created a table with approximately 20 columns. The columns have an entry of Yes or no base on a questionnaire from survey. What can I do to get a result of my table I would like to know how many "Yes" and "no" I have. I don't know how to add them or get this information. Thanks in advance GABRIEL Gabriel, The first answer to your question is that your table structure is not really the best for this situation, and it will be a lot easier if you can set it up differently. Is your database design set in ...

tough sql statement help please
Howdy - and thank you in advance for any help!!! Here is what I have so far: SELECT sp.FirstName + ' ' + sp.LastName AS SalesPersonName, g.*, COUNT (CustomerId) AS GoalAcquired FROM Goal g INNER JOIN SalesPerson sp ON g. SalesPersonId = sp.SalesPersonId LEFT JOIN Customer c ON sp.SalesPersonId = c. SalesPersonId WHERE c.Acquired = 'Yes' AND g.BeginingDate <= GetDate() AND g. EndingDate >= GetDate() AND CONVERT(smalldatetime, c.AcquiredDate, 101) BETWEEN g.BeginingDate AND g.EndingDate This is the error I get. Column 'SalesPerson.FirstName' is inva...

Pivot table help #4
Hi, I'm using an excel spreadsheet and I have a list of customer numbers in column A and a list of account numbers in column B. Many customers have more than 1 account number. What I would like to do is change the layout so that I have each customer number listed only once and have all of the account numbers corresponding to the customer number in the same row (so for example I would have customer number in A:1, account number 1 in B:1, account number 2 in B:2, account number 3 in B:3 ect) . Is there a way to do this? Is it possible to do this in a pvt table? Thanks. SNAKECOLS, How...

Formatting help
I have an existing spreadsheet that I want to enter a date in a cell. I formatted the cell for dates. When I enter e.g. 1/26, the result is 01/00/00 and at the top it shows =1/26. It appears that no matter which cell I use when I enter the date as stated it does a calculation rather than give a date. How do I stop the cells from doing a calculation and just give me the date? You have to enter the date in a format that Excel will recognize, or pre-format the entry cells as text. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an existing spreadsheet that I want to ente...

How to handle this Exception "Help reqd URGENTLY"
Earlier I have developed an application which is runnig properly then i made some changes to code Now it is giving an exception this exception has not occured in previous Application Actually the exception is occurring in CWinApp class's destructo i have not made any changes in destructor of CMyApp How to overcome this problem Pls Help Me Urgently You choose either way: 1. Intercept any exception in CWinApp's destructor with a try-catch(...) block. 2. Don't raise the exception in whatever classes you're using. Remove any throw statement in those classes. "Shiva&...

help moving from Excel 2000 to 2007
Does anyone have any ideas or resources to help an individual getting used to using Excel 2007 after using Excel 2000 for years and love love loving it? Today, after about 30 minutes of trying to find where to go to add option buttons or checkboxes (checking every menu, oh sorry, "ribbon"; typing term after term into the "Help" and getting no results that were actually helpful; doing a quick google search; checking every "ribbon" again), I started to type up a question to this newsgroup, but then decided to check Help one last time. (I wasn't sure if I...

help
looking for driving game called easter egg i'm told that software designers include one thats a secret message,and need to find the one for microsoft excel 2000 sforward, http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd01.htm John "sforward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5DD4242-ED01-47B1-9AD1-E584626F7E63@microsoft.com... > looking for driving game called easter egg i'm told that software designers include one thats a secret message,and need to find the one for microsoft excel 2000 Hi sforward! Try: John Walkenbach: http://j-walk.com/ss/ex...

Help needed with IIF in my query
I have several fields in my database that are date fields. The data type in my table for these is date/time and formatted as short date. In my query (I'll use one field as my example here). The result I want is if there is a date in the field then say Y for yes, or N for no. Pretty simple. I don't know why I keep getting a data type mismatch in criteria expression error. The fields in my table are date fields and formatted as short date. Is there something wrong with my IIF or can you suggest a better syntax to use. Please let me know. Thanks. Here is my formula: IIf([M...

help with powerpoint
I am getting an error message that states.... could not be opened because associated helper application does not exist.Change the association in your preferences...................What is this i alos get this section not currently active when i try to get to my powerpoint In article <14FAF136-C4A7-46F2-A6BE-41B7A7933FF9@microsoft.com>, Lisa wrote: > I am getting an error message that states.... could not be opened because > associated helper application does not exist.Change the association in your > preferences...................What is this It sounds as th...

HELP Exchange 5.5 services down
Hi, Our Exchange server private store has reached 16 GB. If I can't use eseutil /d/ispriv to defrag because I don't have disk space... and can't open the private store in the Exchange Administrator to move mailboxes to another server (the private store service won't start because of the problem) WHAT NOW? Carolyn see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828070 "CSW" <CSW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A59B7BB3-E4A8-43ED-844C-B2AEC705F184@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Our Exchange server private store has re...

Newbie with excell , need help on formula...
I am using a formula in excel =COUNT(A4:A43). Problem A4:A43 input data from different part of sheet. Not all cells may be used so the unused cells of A4:A43 defaults to 0. My formula shows a count of 40 but I need t to only count values greater then 0. Any ideas on what formula to use? One way: =COUNTIF(A4:A43,">0") In article <IVfMb.62809$ts4.24919@pd7tw3no>, "leave alone" <me@mail.com> wrote: > I am using a formula in excel =COUNT(A4:A43). Problem A4:A43 input data from > different part of sheet. > > Not all cells may be used so t...

Updating Table from Query
How do I go about updating a new value in a table using a query I want to update the table - and not the Form. I have 2 tables 1. CLIENT - Field : ClientID < Autonumber> (Other field are not important ) 2. INFORMAL - Field : ID <Autonumber> Field : REFNO <Number> This is the scenario: When I create a new client in a form I want to save the REFNO of the Client and then pass that value to update my INFORMAL Table with this Value ( not the form ) I tri...

need help badly
My outlook express on my laptop is showing incoming messages but when I try to open it they say not enough memory. Then when I try to delete any of the messages, nothing happens, it won't delete anything, send anything. Doesn't ask for my password when starting. Also noticed that when I went into my search for files, that wasn't working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Hi, I suppose that your PST file has got corrupt and so I would advice you to try creating a new PST or rather a new profile and seeifthe behaviour happens there also. This would narrow down the is...

Please help me
Please do all you can to revenge the death of my little boy at the hands of: Baruch Fruchter 7 Ofira St. Jerusalem tel 025817804 send him mail, drive him crazy, call him in the middle of the night just do it! ...

Need help to create a macro
I am trying to build a macro for an answer sheet in such a way that, it performs the below functions when I click on the “SUBMIT” . The sheet contains two tabs. Firs tab is questions along with the answer options; like Question # Answer 1 Yes 2 Yes 3 No 4 No 5 Yes 6 Yes 7 No 8 Yes 9 Yes 10 Yes It should prompt for the USER ID in the question paper sheet The answers should be copied to the second tab and have to be pasted in the sheet (the data will be in columns and it has to be transposed to rows) along with the user ID Ex: USERID Answers fr...

web page link
I'm trying to send a "link" to a web page and I'm getting a message in grey on top of the email that says, "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments:www.msnbc.msn.url. ??? Your files are attached and ready to send with this message. What is the cause of this and is there a way to prevent it? it's outlook's security feature. The attachment is sent, but other outlook users may have it blocked. for more information, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm and get mailto_url to easily send text urls, not attach...