Help needed consolidating lines

Hi all. I have an issue where i have several lines on a spreadsheet
where i want to consolidate it onto one line.

Sounds simple i know, please see the attached file as it explains my
situation far more clearly. (example.jpg).

Many thanks
Darren

|Filename: example.JPG                                              |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4199     |

plusoneservices
plusoneservices's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30309
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499735

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Here's one approach to play with ..

We'll create a pivot table (very quickly*), then just apply
some simple formulas to pull out the desired table
*Requires only a few clicks and drags & drops <g>

Sample construct available at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/5682246
Consolidating_Lines_plusoneservices_gen.xls

Create Pivot Table (PT):
Select any cell within the source table in A1:B13
Click Data > PivotTable Report
Click Next > Next

In step 3 of the wizard,
Drag & drop PLONO within the ROW area
Double-click on PLONO > Set Subtotals to "None" > OK

Drag & drop SECTION within the COLUMN area
Double-click on SECTION > Advanced
Check "Descending" under AutoSort options > OK

Drag & drop SECTION within the DATA area
(it'll appear as Count of SECTION)
Click Next

In step 4,
Check "Existing worksheet", enter: =$D$1
Click Finish

(The PT will be created in D1:H8)

Then, to pull out the desired results:
Put in J2: =D2, copy J2 down to J7
Put in K3: =IF(E3=1,E$2,"")
Copy K3 across to M3, fill down to M7 to populate

The above yields in J2:M7  :

PLONO
10697 LEGL CONT
18520 LEGL CONT
21424 LEGL CONT
21495 LEGL CONT BLDG
23275 LEGL CONT BLDG

--
Rgds
Max

> Hi all. I have an issue where i have several lines on a spreadsheet
> where i want to consolidate it onto one line.
>
> Sounds simple i know, please see the attached file as it explains my
> situation far more clearly. (example.jpg).
>
> Many thanks
> Darren

> |Filename: example.JPG                                              |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4199     |

> plusoneservices
> plusoneservices's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30309
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499735

0
demechanik (4694)
1/10/2006 5:55:48 PM
Thank you, this is fantastic. Your help is much appreciated!!

--
plusoneservices
plusoneservices's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30309
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499735

Thank you, this is fantastic. Your help is much appreciated!

--
plusoneservice
plusoneservices's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3030
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49973

You're welcome !
--
Max
Singapore
<plusoneservices.21hecz_1137001620.843@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:plusoneservices.21hecz_1137001620.843@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Thank you, this is fantastic. Your help is much appreciated!!
>

> --
> plusoneservices
> plusoneservices's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30309
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499735

0
demechanik (4694)

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

shortcut with command line switch probs
Hello, I have a shortcut set up which has the target declared as: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" / "\\path_to_file\myfile.xlt" This works fine on my PC. Excel 2000 running on Windows XP. Unfortunately it doesnt work on someone elses PC, who asked for m help! They have the same software set up, and access to the same folde path. When they try to run the shortcut, a window opens and closes almos immediately. Help?! : -- soloto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- solotoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/m...

Need HELP! for Linking data

Need to add to current formula

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Help with simple(?) VBA function

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Integration Transactions Pls help
Can anyone let me know how much time does the integration manager takes to upload a 10,000 lines(SOP) into GP There are two methods of importing SOP transactions. One uses the SQL optimized adapter and one does not. The method used depends upon the data you would need to map. There are some fields and business logic not available with the SQL adapter. But, assuming you are using the SQL adapter, you should be able to import 10,000 transactions in about 60 minutes or less. If you are using the other one, start it and go home for the night. It will take hours. If you have some reso...

Column help
I have a seating chart I am trying to design for our graduation ceremony. Right now I have the report set up using columns. I have a rectange box with the graduates first, middle and last name in the box. I need 16 columns across the page for the seats which I have working. My problems are that I need a bold line going down the middle to divide the 8th and 9th rows. ( Students come in from 2 lines and meet in the middle of each row.) My next problem is that I need to have another column to the left of the 1st column and one to the right of the 16th column that will count the row num...

Help with percent formula beginner
Hi, have a cell (A1) with $39.99. I want a cell (B1) were I can vary 10%, 20% etc and have that effect (A1). So If I put in 10% A1 would be $36.00 (percent decrease). Can you please help me out with the formula? Also it seems like if I type in % in a cell and I delete it and type another number and I don't want a % in there it gives it to me anyway. Can I make this stop? Thanks so much Ted Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B1")) Is Nothing Then Wi...

difference between 2 lines in a scatter chart
I have created a scatter chart with two lines. The x axis is divided up into 10 parts and labeled 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. What I want to do is calculate the distance between the two lines between the x values of 40 and 60. Does anyone know how to to that? Thank you in advance. -- prd02003 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prd02003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25762 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391727 How did you generate the lines? Are they from the data directly...

Bullet help
How do i insert bullets in between words or groups of words instead of having them all down one side of the page. like if * was a bullet and i wanted my text: (residential & commercial moves * office moves * deliverys ect....) How do I do this thank-you "pySHtr" wrote: > How do i insert bullets in between words or groups of words instead of having > them all down one side of the page. like if * was a bullet and i wanted my > text: (residential & commercial moves * office moves * deliverys ect....) How > do I do this thank-you nvrmind....insert>sy...