Help: Need macro to copy rows to different workbooks

I am very new to writting macros and really need help.

On my master worksheet I have about 100 rows with information on different
customers.

I would like to copy information for each customer to a different worksheet
unique to that customer.

Therefore, if on the master worksheet I have information on 'John,' I want
that information copied to a worksheet called 'John.'

Then, on the next row, I have information on 'Mary,' that should be copied
to worksheet called 'Mary,' etc etc.

All the help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0
spam1 (174)
10/21/2004 7:26:29 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Perhaps you'd like to try this formulas approach ..

In Sheet1
-------------
Assume the "master" table is in cols A to C
data from row2 down
(with the key column "Cust" in col A), viz:

Cust Field1 Field2
John Data1 Data1
Ben Data2 Data2
Mary Data3 Data3
John Data4 Data4
Mary Data5 Data5
John Data6 Data6
etc

List across in empty cols to the right, say F1:H1,
the Cust:  John, Ben, Mary

Put in F2: =IF($A2="","",IF($A2=F$1,ROW(),""))

Copy F2 across to H2, then fill down by a safe "max"
expected number of rows of data in cols A to C,
say down to H200?

In a new sheet named: John
Let's reserve cell A1 for the Cust name

Put in A1: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

(This'll extract the sheetname into A1.
But you need to save the file first.)

Put the same col headers into A2:C2, viz.: Cust Field1 Field2

Put in A3:

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(SMALL(INDIRECT("Sheet1!$"&CHAR(MATCH($A$1,Sheet1!$1:$1,0)+
64)&":$"&CHAR(MATCH($A$1,Sheet1!$1:$1,0)+64)),ROW(A1)),INDIRECT("Sheet1!$"&C
HAR(MATCH($A$1,Sheet1!$1:$1,0)+64)&":$"&CHAR(MATCH($A$1,Sheet1!$1:$1,0)+64))
,0)),"",OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,MATCH(SMALL(INDIRECT("Sheet1!$"&CHAR(MATCH($A$1,S
heet1!$1:$1,0)+64)&":$"&CHAR(MATCH($A$1,Sheet1!$1:$1,0)+64)),ROW(A1)),INDIRE
CT("Sheet1!$"&CHAR(MATCH($A$1,Sheet1!$1:$1,0)+64)&":$"&CHAR(MATCH($A$1,Sheet
1!$1:$1,0)+64)),0)-1,COLUMN(A1)-1))

Note: You'd need to correct/restore the many inadvertent line wraps
/ line breaks when you copy > paste the above formula into A3

Copy A3 across to C3, then fill down by as many rows
as was done in Sheet1's cols F:H, i.e. down to C200

You'll see that cols A to C (in row3 down)
will auto-return the "filtered" rows from Sheet1
for the Cust: John, i.e. for the sample data-set above,
it'll appear as:

Cust Field1 Field2
John Data1 Data1
John Data4 Data4
John Data6 Data6

Now just duplicate/make a copy of the sheet: John,
rename it as: Ben
and you'll get the "filtered" rows for Ben:

Cust Field1 Field2
Ben Data2 Data2

Repeat the sheet duplicating and renaming
for: Mary, and you'll get:

Cust Field1 Field2
Mary Data3 Data3
Mary Data5 Data5

Adapt / extend to suit ..
--
Rgds
Max
"Einstein III" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> I am very new to writting macros and really need help.
>
> On my master worksheet I have about 100 rows with information on different
> customers.
>
> I would like to copy information for each customer to a different
worksheet
> unique to that customer.
>
> Therefore, if on the master worksheet I have information on 'John,' I want
> that information copied to a worksheet called 'John.'
>
> Then, on the next row, I have information on 'Mary,' that should be copied
> to worksheet called 'Mary,' etc etc.
>
> All the help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
demechanik (4694)
10/21/2004 8:33:10 AM
A clarification ..

In sheet: John
--------------------
(row3 down)

> Cust Field1 Field2
> John Data1 Data1
> John Data4 Data4
> John Data6 Data6

If you don't need the Cust col (in A2 down)
and wish to start from Field1 onwards,
just amend the last part of the formula in A3:

from
.... COLUMN(A1)-1))
.... COLUMN(B1)-1))

Copy A3 across to B3, then fill down by as many rows
as was done in Sheet1's cols F:H, i.e. down to B200

And then duplicate / rename sheet: John as before ..
--
Rgds
Max
Please respond in thread
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----

0
demechanik (4694)
10/21/2004 8:45:35 AM
Max

Thanks so much for your help. What took me ages to do every month, can now
be done in a few minutes.

You are a saviour. Thanks again.

"Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> ---
> Please respond in thread
> xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
> ----
> "Einstein III" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>> I am very new to writting macros and really need help.
>>
>> On my master worksheet I have about 100 rows with information on
>> different
>> customers.
>>
>> I would like to copy information for each customer to a different
> worksheet
>> unique to that customer.
>>
>> Therefore, if on the master worksheet I have information on 'John,' I
>> want
>> that information copied to a worksheet called 'John.'
>>
>> Then, on the next row, I have information on 'Mary,' that should be
>> copied
>> to worksheet called 'Mary,' etc etc.
>>
>> All the help would be highly appreciated.

0
spam1 (174)
10/21/2004 10:08:06 AM
Max

Thanks a million for that. Works perfectly.

What took me ages to do every month, can now be done in minutes.

Thanks once again.

0
spam1 (174)
10/21/2004 10:10:22 AM
Glad to hear it worked for you !
Thanks for the feedback
--
Rgds
Max
> Max
>
> Thanks a million for that. Works perfectly.
>
> What took me ages to do every month, can now be done in minutes.
>
> Thanks once again.

0
demechanik (4694)
10/21/2004 10:18:27 AM
You could use a for/each loop from a list & use
data>filter>autofilter>filter on the name>copy to the sheet desired. Record
a macro and then clean it up.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Einstein III" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> I am very new to writting macros and really need help.
>
> On my master worksheet I have about 100 rows with information on different
> customers.
>
> I would like to copy information for each customer to a different
worksheet
> unique to that customer.
>
> Therefore, if on the master worksheet I have information on 'John,' I want
> that information copied to a worksheet called 'John.'
>
> Then, on the next row, I have information on 'Mary,' that should be copied
> to worksheet called 'Mary,' etc etc.
>
> All the help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Don
10/21/2004 12:49:42 PM
Don

Thanks for your suggestion, however, the solution by Max is perfect as I
only have to input the data once and it is automatically updated in the
other worksheets.

Thanks

"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> You could use a for/each loop from a list & use
> data>filter>autofilter>filter on the name>copy to the sheet desired.
> Record
> a macro and then clean it up.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Einstein III" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>> I am very new to writting macros and really need help.
>>
>> On my master worksheet I have about 100 rows with information on
>> different
>> customers.
>>
>> I would like to copy information for each customer to a different
> worksheet
>> unique to that customer.
>>
>> Therefore, if on the master worksheet I have information on 'John,' I
>> want
>> that information copied to a worksheet called 'John.'
>>
>> Then, on the next row, I have information on 'Mary,' that should be
>> copied
>> to worksheet called 'Mary,' etc etc.
>>
>> All the help would be highly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

0
spam1 (174)

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Viewing Distribution Groups in a different domain
I opened a user account in one domain, using Active Directory, connected to the Global Catalog domain controller of that domain. UIder the Member Of tab, it only lists the distribution groups that the user is a member of in the current domain, and not the lists that are in a different domain. I am using WXP Pro SP2. When using W2K, and I try this, I can view those distribution groups. Any reason as to why I am unable to view them using WinXp? ...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. -- Calpitor Excel does not allow varying widths of cells within a column (or heights within rows). You could used 'Merged' cells to accomodate the wider column needs. HTH -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476150 ...

BOB? More Craps Help
Hi Bob Been spending some time on the code you sent and I think I found some errors. Can you check the code below to see what you think? I think it is now working according to the correct rules... Dim cellvalue Sub Craps() 'Excel Craps V1.3 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range("B5:C1000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A4").Select Setup: Application.ScreenUpdating = True [B5] = [B2] Rollem: If (([B5] = 2) Or ([B5] = 3) Or ([B5] = 12)) Then GoTo CrapOut If (([B5] = 7) Or ([B5] = 11)) Then GoTo FirstLucky cellvalue = 0 GoTo NotWinner End NotWinner: ...

select case to replace text with different text
I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to do the following: if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS if I type g in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with GIDGETS seems like it should be simple but I can't come up with the code. On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:28:54 -0600, "John" <nodak457@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to >do the following: > >if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS >if ...

SQL General Help
I have been experimenting with using ADO to work with Excel data. I had some obstacles with the SQL until I stumbled across a web site that mentioned the table name needed a special format. Instead of using a table name like DATA, instead I had to use the format of [DATA$]. So I was wondering does anybody know of a source (document, web site, etc.) that explains all of the peculiarities of using SQL with Excel? Thanks Mike ...

Secondary axis help
Hi everyone, I am having some difficulty in Excel 2007 Charting. I have a stacked bar chart that I would like to add a horizontal secondary axis on. How do I do this? I'm trying to do what the Help says but there is something that I am not getting. 1. I click on the Chart and select the Format Tab 2. In the Current Selection section, there is a Chart Elements drop down and I select Horizontal (Category) axis. 3. I go to my sheet that has the data for the chart and I select the data range that I want per the instructions. I'm lost after this. Hi, well, the Help s...

Employee Training Help
Hey Y'all, I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and queries about who has taken what type of course. What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables: 1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key) 2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no employee information 3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of the training courses that they have completed) I am unsure of what ki...

SUMIFS help
Hi. Hope you’re able to help. I’m having difficulties the SUMIFS function. Either I’m using it incorrectly or perhaps it’s the wrong function for me! I’m trying to total the money amounts in column E as long as conditions in columns A (cell A6 in this example) and column H are True. However, I’m finding that the function is not totalling up the money amounts it should be totalling in column E. Instead, it’s just returning a single money amount in column E and ignoring the rest! This is the function as I’ve written it: =SUMIFS(BnkChqs!E3:E1000,BnkChqs!A3:A1000, A6,BnkChqs!...

newbie needs help
Hello, First to let you all know, I am a big novice at this kind of stuff, so please bear with me. What I am trying to do is make a trendchart with 9 different plots on it. How do I change the numbers on the side and bottom of the chart to read what I need them to? I take these tests 3 times a week and would like to chart all of them seperately and also together to chart progress for a whole month. One for each day, and then one for the month. Then I would like to do the same for the following months of the year. And I would like to have one chart to show the progress for the whole...

Need Help with Formula #3
I need help trying to come up with a formula for a friend of mine. This is what he wants -- Using any 9 numbers -- he wants Excel to come up with every possible 3-digit combination of numbers that are divisible by 7. Is there anyone who could assist me with a formula that will perform this calculation? Can Excel do such a calculation? Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer. In A1, enter the number 7. Select A1:A142. Edit>Fill>Series, Step value 7. Format>Cells>Custom, "000". If with "using any 9 numbers" you mean you don't want any zero...

Macro
Is it possible to add a macro as a custom POS button? Thank you, Sylvain ...

Macro Function
How do I create a new function in Excel? -- Tomas Hi Thomas, You can have a look at this link: http://www.exceltip.com/st/Writing_Your_First_VBA_Function_in_Excel/631.html Regards, Bondi THANKS!!!! Very good tip -- Tomas "Bondi" skrev: > Hi Thomas, > > You can have a look at this link: > > http://www.exceltip.com/st/Writing_Your_First_VBA_Function_in_Excel/631.html > > Regards, > Bondi > > ...

Macro is not logging out of Great Plains
I created a macro to login, run checklinks and then log out. I set it up in the Task Scheduler on my system to run after hours, using a bat file. It worked for several months, and then in January it didn't finish the macro and log out. I would come in the morning, and I would still be logged in and the scheduled task was still running. I had to end task and delete my login in Great Plains. I have tried recreating the macro, I have tried running it on the server, and I am still having the same problem. In most cases, the report is generated - so I know the checklinks are finishing...

Setting multiple meeting times for different attendees on the same day
I am a recruiter and use Outlook to schedule interviews with out of town candidates. It's critical that all my interviewers be available on the same date but at different times during the day. I would like to be able to pull up all of my interviewers' schedules at the same time and schedule them in different time slots but only having to send one meeting request. Example: I have 5 managers that will be interviewing the same person on the same day at different times. I have to list them all as "required attendees", check their schedules, then back out and send o...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Macro for checkbox (2) #2
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

Need to truncate a transaction log
I have a database which is 2 GB but the log file has grown to 35 GB. I would like to truncate the log so I set the recovery method to SIMPLE but the log file did not truncate after last night's backup. This has worked for other databases and I get a small log file. Later, I reset the recovery method back to FULL. Rich Lawson Rich Lawson (nospam@nospam.com) writes: > I have a database which is 2 GB but the log file has grown to 35 GB. I > would like to truncate the log so I set the recovery method to SIMPLE > but the log file did not truncate after last night&...

accounting (different) State holidays
This is a call to the quintessence - the fifth and highest source o intelegence known to mankind (the WWW) I work with performance reporting, the performance of an activity i calculated by comparing the actual (number of days) with the agree days for the activity I use NETWORKING DAYS and can get the result. But now I am going NATIONAL and the holidays in each state i different, so I am not able to use the NETWORKING DAYS (with holidays to meet my requirement Can you please assist? Thanks and regards, Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Raj Could you use an IF or ...

I need to write this formula in basic
Hi! Does anyone know how to write this formula in Basic. I need to make it work in Openoffice because Excel seems to crash with a list of 20000 people. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)),"""",VLOOKUP ((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)) Thanks!! ...

How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files

Help with formula containing text
Hi I need some help on the following. I have a column of text, linked to other worksheets, that is continuously changing. I need to be alert if the same piece of text appears in the column more than twice, e.g. Tom Tom Jane Mary Mary Tom "ALERT" Thanks Mike -- mlhynes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mlhynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12959 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401787 Mike Visit Chip Pearson's site for much help on duplicates. Fin...

Rota's and Daily Shift Pattern's
I've got a basic rota sheet with Mon-Sunday along the top and the names of the staff down the side. Each day a memember of staff is either AM, PM or OFF. I'me trying to create a sheet that just has monday at the top with all th AM people on it. Then a sheet with all the PM people on it. Any idea's? Thanks in advance Scott. Hi Scott is this just for printing out? if so i would use the autofilter (data / filter / autofilter) - choose the drop down for MONDAY, choose AM print results ... choose PM, print results .... Cheers JulieD "Scott Cheesman" <Scott Che...

Latest Exchange Administrator Needed admin.exe = 5.5.2655.33
If any body knows were to download the Exchange Admin (admin.exe Version 5.5.2655.33). I am having a problem with mailbox sizes being incorrectly diplayed in Exchange admin. I have dozens of Executives that have mailboxes over 4 or 5 GB and I have no way of correctly reporting there sizes other than using ExMerge. Please help..... Hi Ed, You will need to call into our Tech Support and refer to the following Knowledge Base article and tell them that you need the hotfix. 305829 XADM: Incorrect Mailbox Size Is Displayed in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305829 -- Thanks,...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...