help importing cell

Hi can someone help me with the formula for importing the value of
cell
from one worksheet to another.
For example the value of cell a1 from worksheet x to current sheet
I believe the formula starts with ~
thanks in advance:

--
eliosta
eliostar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3251

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

You can use something like this:
=sheet1!A1
in the cell to show what is in that cell on your current sheet.

Andy.

"eliostar" <eliostar.24rify_1142512200.546@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:eliostar.24rify_1142512200.546@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi can someone help me with the formula for importing the value of a
> cell
> from one worksheet to another.
> For example the value of cell a1 from worksheet x to current sheet
> I believe the formula starts with ~
> thanks in advance:)
>

> --
> eliostar
> eliostar's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32519
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=523046

0
AndyB
3/16/2006 12:36:33 PM
Thanks , that's what I needed:

--
eliosta
eliostar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3251
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52304

Referencing a cell on another worksheet within the same workbook
I used to do this: =worksheetname!cellID and the value of the cell on the other sheet "magically" appeared in the new worksheet. Now, it just shows the formula as text. I've fixed this before, but I'm having brain flatulence... can someone enlighten me? Excel 2000 BTW... L Louie, is the cell formatted as text? "Louie Warren" <es336td@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:025c01c3b9dd$2be7ac20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I used to do this: > =worksheetname!cellID > and the value of the cell on the other sheet "magically" > appeared i...

Make fill in cells behaive
I have a formula: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C8,Sheet2!A3:B9,2,0)),"No Match",VLOOKUP(C8,Sheet2!A3:B9,2,0)) When I pull down the autofill i want the C8 to increment by 1 but the Sheet2!A3:B9 to remain constant. I have looked on google and MS but cant find what i am looking for. Is there any way to do this. Use $ symbol in front or each row or column that you do not want to change c8 becomes c9 when dragged down c8 becomes d8 when dragged to the right c$8 stays c8 when dragged down =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C8,Sheet2!$A$3:$B$9,2,0)),"No Match",VLOOKUP(C8,Sheet2!$A$3:$B$9,2,0)) -- ...

HELP MATCHING PHONE NUMBERS ON VOTER LIST [combining lists from different sources]
I have two lists. one list is a contact list of voters that voted in all the past 5 elections. there are no phone numbers on this list (2226 records). the other list a list of voters in general in the area. this list includes telephone numbers (23,214 records). I got these lists from different people so 'John Smith' in list 1 doesn't have the same primary key as 'John Smith' in list 2. What I'd like to do is have a list with all the records from list one with the corresponding phone number from list 2. i can manually look up people's names and addresses and c...

importing the 'to' field history #3
When you have emailed someone in outlook the next time you type in the first few characters of that name it pops up for you to select. Does anybody know the extension of the log file that contains that history so that I may import that file to a new machine? it's called the *.NK2 if you use outlook 2002 or 2003. Look for it in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook - it'll be named fr your profile. If the profile on the new machine uses a different name, change the name of NK2 you move to match. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourse...

Changing cell data
Hi all, How do I write either a macro for or program excel to do the following? I want to take a sheet and create this data base of say sets of cameras with certain configurations and have a second sheet change certain cells that are dedicated to those sets. So that if cell a2 in sheet one changes. It will change the data in specific cells in another sheet. Say cells a20,a50,a70 and so on. Hi Harry you have to be a little bit more specific, or give some examples. For your specific issue you may have a look at VLOOKUP. Frank Harry B wrote: > Hi all, How do I write either a macro for o...

Countif using cell refences
i would like to add a formula into my spreadsheet that counts if a date in a previous cell appears, but the date is constantly being changed so therefore i would like the formula to contain a cell reference instead of the date, other problem is that the date will be encoded in other data, therefore i need to wild card it at the beggining and the end with *'s but it doesnt seem to want to work with a cell reference and not a constant number Show us the formula you are currently using. Add a few cell references and cell data to go along with it. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

Cell won't wrap all of the text in it
I have a merged cell set to wrap text. Vertical alignment is set to top (I've played around with this option). I tried doing Auto Fit for height and width, but it doesn't make a difference. The cell contains a large amount of text, and it wraps until the very end. Then it just continues on the same line, so I can't see it in the actual cell. I can see it in the formula bar. Also, if I increase the width greatly, more of the text appears. There is still plenty of room in the row height, but for some reason the text won't wrap down to the next line, no matter what I try. ...

If Info In Cell Then Formula In Another
Hello, I am trying to get a cell with date information in it to enable a formula of some other cells to happen, in other words when a date is not entered that particular cell is empty therefore the corresponding formula cells are not enabled. Here is a function that works but only when the referanced cell has either "Pending/Issued/Declined" =IF(E4="Issued",F4*H4,IF(E4="Declined",F4*0,IF(E4="Pending",0))). I would like this function to result correctly with a date entry in the referanced cell rather then wording. How can I do this? -- Thank y...

how dod I NOT select multiple cells at the same time
in some of my worksheets, when i use the mouse to select 1 cell I end up highlighting 4 cells everytime. What setting do I need to change so that only the cell I click on gets selected. Try the F8 button. -- David Biddulph "ashleyb" <ashleyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61456522-801C-42A9-8EBD-706369BB4BD1@microsoft.com... > in some of my worksheets, when i use the mouse to select 1 cell I end up > highlighting 4 cells everytime. What setting do I need to change so that > only the cell I click on gets selected. Hi, I p...

How do I create a footnote for a cell that holds a SUM function .
Depends on what you mean by a "footnote". Insert|Comment will let you associate a comment with the cell. This comment will be displayed when your mouse cursor points at the red triangle that will appear at the upper left corner of the cell. Tools|Options|View|Comment & Indicator will leave the comment visible so that it will appear in print-outs (you can resize and drag to control what portions of the worksheet are covered by the comment box) You can write descriptive comments in any other cell to describe the calculation. If you want a footnote ID symbol in the cel...

creating database with quicksell....need serious help!!
Anyone know how to create data base with quicksell commerce administrator. Apparently I have to do this before I can import from excel. Please help. ...

paste over hidden cells
I would like to take cells from another place copy or cut them and paste them in a section that contains a hidden column for example. When I do this informatioin gets pasted in the hidden cells. How can I bypass these cells and only paste in the visible ones and hence "skip" over the hidden ones? Thanks, Kyrsten ...

HELP!!! Error code 646
Hello, Everytime I try to install the below 5 updates I get an error code 646 message. I've tried to install them for weeks now, I'm still getting the error message -Security update for microsoft office excel 2007 (KB978382) -Security update for microsoft power point 2007 (KB957789) -Security update for the 2007 microsoft office system (KB969559) -Security update for the 2007 microsoft office system (KB969613) -Security update for the 2007 microsoft office system (KB978380) http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&gui...

Automatically fill one cell in any newly inserted row
How can I set up a spreadsheet so that any time I insert a new row, one cell (say, column E) will automatically be filled with a particular formula? If it helps, the formula in question could of course just duplicate that from the above row, and then adjust the relative reference. The way I do it now is just insert the row, then go to Column E and press Ctrl-D. Pretty simple, but still I'd like not to have to do that second part. This column will always be that way, in any new row I add. Thanks. --matt. If you want to e-mail me directly, please feel free: Excel-NewRowAutofill.5.spoko@sp...

Important Question
I've necessity to compile my console project in Visual C++ 2005 Express, but i need passing some command line parameters (ex. "-n",ecc) when i launch my prog.So i execute the prog from console prompt exiting visual studio enviroment,but i would like to know how i con execute my prog within Visual C++ Express passing it the same parameters like i do with command prompt...what' the solution? right click project name on explorer window and put your stuff in yourProject Property Pages/Configuration Properties/Debugging/Command Arguments -- ====== Arman "marcomb&...

Help! Godaddy SSL turbo cert, key length..
Hi, Installing my first authenticated cert that I got from GoDaddy - not got the pb7 key yet.... but... When I purchased it at Godaddy, it all went well. Did the local cert CSR generation per... http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2007/08/21/how-to-install-a-public- 3rd-party-ssl-certificate-on-iis-on-sbs-2003.aspx But!.... GoDaddy, upon returning to get the cert, *requires* a 2048 length key. OK, so I canned pending request and made a new one with a 2048 length key. Will this be a problem for me? -- Duncan. In article <MPG.25d6317df8759cb0989b50@news.m...

Location of Right Click Start Logo Items
Hi, I have changed the openning location for Windows Explorer at the default location under accessaries and is all good load to new location, however when I use the right click start logo shortcuts "Explore, Open all users, and Explore all users" its not starting at he new location. I want to change the right click start logo shortcuts starting locations but when I right click the shortcuts instead of getting a list so I can go to properties it actually runs the shortcut. I would like to know where to find the actual shortcuts so I can change the starting locatio...

website prevents excel import web query
can it be that a website prevents import web query from importing data? this is the website http://www.capital.gr/xa/allstocks.asp and it seems that it imports everything but the stock prices... can that be? is there a way around this, thanks, S, ...

IF statement
I have three columns of data, column A, B & C. I want to write an IF statement that looks at column A, and if it either retruns the contents of column B or column C depending on the match. eg. Column A Car Column B Non public transport Column C Public transport If column A = "Car" then return "Non public transport" else return "Public transport" In Cell D1 enter =IF(A1="Car",B1,C1) Copy down as required. Regards Rowan "James" wrote: > I have three columns of data, column A, B & C. > > I want to write an IF sta...

Using Public Property
I am trying to use a public property as describle in the RMS help file ..... Public Property Set DiscountReasonCode(Value As ReasonCode) ... End Property I wrote some code that based on some criteria will discount some items on the POS screen, but looks like I also need to set the Discount Code, hence I am trying to use the above property.. Any ideas or example would be great TIA Chuck What's the problem? Not sure if I am using it correctly, This is the line where I am trying to set the reason code, but the program error's out here. E.DiscountReasonCode = "16&q...

Help with function/cond. formatting
Hey all you smarties out there! Here is what I have: Column E with these two formats: =AND(EvalCell(E3)<D3,TODAY()>G3), and =AND(E3<D3,TODAY()>G3). I created a UDF "EvalCell" to be able to calculate if I have 3+1 in a cell, representing that I received 3 items in one shipment, and 1 more item in a separate shipment. In column D, I might have the same 3+1. I need the computer to recognize that this is 4, and that columns D and E are equal. right now, if they aren't equal, ie E, the received column is less than D the ordered column, E turns red to alert me that s...

Help
I setup an address book a few weeks back using a contacts template. I'd like to setup a Greeting Card query but have no idea how to pull just those that I have either a birthdate or anniversary date for. I should mention that those fields were originally set as text and I did have to leave them that way. For some people I do have a normal standard date including the year but for others, I just have the month & day. Is there any way to do this? (Keep in mind I haven't been using Access long and need easy to understand instructions.) Lisa ...

Single Series Stacked Column
I am working late and frustrated. I need to construct a single series vertical stacked column to show a fundraising results for a special challenge with giving to 5 programs on our school website. I have tried for hours in excel 2007, searched online for templates. One answer said you can do it in 2003 with the template wizard, then save it in 2007. I don't have 2003. Here is my ss: Fund 1 Fund 2 Fund 3 Fund 4 Fund 5 Total 11,000 8,000 200 11,000 5,000 35,200 -- Frustrated in SC Single series means only one item in the stack. I think wh...

import web table to excel
I have read how to import tables on the web to Excel, but I have a problem: when the table data is imported, the columns from the web table are placed successively after each other in Col A in Excel, and the row boundaries are not maintained, instead, each line of data within each cell of the table becomes a row in Excel. Is there a way a) to get the import wizard to place the successive columns from the talble into successive cols in Excel, and b) to preserve the rows, so that multiple lines within a cell will remain that way after importing to Excel, instead of being imported as multi...

Payables SmartList Help
I wanted to see if I can add the field User Id to a report that would list each invoice, vendor name or id and trx amount as well as who entered the invoice into the system. I went to the payables trx smartlist and added the column "modified User Id" but I am not sure this is correct. Is this modified user id someone who went in after the invoice was entered and modified the transaction?? This was the only column I could find. Help!!! Any input is appreciated. I am using GP 7.50. Thanks Barb You can add Posted User ID to view who posted it. "BK" <BK@discus...