Help] How to merge two charts?

1. There are two charts M and N.
   Column A of chart M means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of
chart M means part-name (in Japanese);
   Column A of chart N means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of
chart N means part-name (in English);

2. Column M contains much more parts than Column N, which means N belongs to
M;
   But M and N obey exactly the same part-number naming rule;

3. While most people can't Japanese but English, so it is planned to add the
English part-names from Column N into Column M,    just as remarks to
corresponding Japanese part-names, meaning add a Column P on the right of
Column M.

4. I'm very poor at VB, so can anybody kindly show me some tips about the VB
functions and some scripts?

Btw, I'm using MS Excel 2003.

Thanks very much!

0
Lin
4/19/2005 10:49:32 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Windows logon help
I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to reboot. I wonder why this happens and whether there is some keystroke combination I can use to allow me to enter my logon password. JD wrote: > I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now > and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get > the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to > reboot. I wonder why ...

Payroll
We have a traditional 401K and are starting to offer a Roth 401K. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to track two different types of 401k deductions so that an employee does not exceed the maximum combined amount for these two separate deductions? For example - 1 deduction 401k (before taxes) and another deducttion Roth 401K (after taxes) The combination of these two deductions cannot exceed a maximum limit per year. Thanks. Unfortunately, it's a manual process that can be supplemented with reports and customizations. You could create a business alert to notify someb...

help with matching if
As you can see I am totally a noob to excel. And I have another noo problem needed to be solve. can someone please help me once more. Quetion #2: per say, I have a table of data, and I would like to exce to return the matching values from the table to a2. for example: [ ]|Y1 |Y2| Y3| X1|.54|.65|.67| X2|.56|.67|.89| cell A1=Y1 cell A2=X1 A4 will return the matching values from y1,x1=.54 Thx for the help everyone. Highly Appreciated -- augustu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- augustus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Two identical graphics, one visible in Draft view, the other not
A Word 2007 document contains several graphics (flowcharts) that were created in Visio (2003), copied to the clipboard (Ctrl-C), and pasted into the Word document (Ctrl-V). I have been working on this document for some time as well as others like it. I usually view these documents in Print View because the graphics are not visible in Draft View (they display as empty white space or the light blue field if selected). Today, I happened to shift to Draft View and discovered that most, but not all, of the graphics were visible. In one case, the same graphic was in the document twice r...

Uniquely Identify Data for Charting with a List Box
Gang, The Internet is a great thing. I found a charting example that does nearly every thing I want to do. Amazingly enough, I was able to figure out how the thing works! The chart is fairly simple. It is a X*Y line chart with 2 series. I found the chart here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - The chart is called "ChartAgainstStandard.zip." One of the 2 series plotted is a "standard" and the other changes based on the selection made in the drop down list. Amazingly enough, I was able to follow the thing completely and I would like ...

help with spliting data cells
I am looking for assistance with splitting data between cells. I have a column of data (first (space) last name). I need to split that column into two seperate columns so each name value is in it;s own cell and i end with 2 seperate columns. (john smith) to (john) (smith) Please advise if this is easy and can be done. Thanks, Phil pcavalcanto@Aol.com -- pcavalcanto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pcavalcanto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32212 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

Is there a fix for incorrect duplex printing of mail-merge postca.
Printing mail-merge postcards on a DUPLEX printer is not correct. We print monthly invitations. In P'03, the front of a postcard to each recipient prints on the opposite side of the same card as the message. It does not in P'07. (The front AND back of the card print on the first side [with the front and back of the next addressee]. The following 2 addressees appear on the back. This will work correctly only IF, there is no personal note to the addressee on the back of the card AND the number of addressees is divisible by 4. We have to keep 2 computers in my office unconve...

Limit lines in XY scatter chart
I have a chart that is XY (scatter) that I need to put limit lines on. I want to put a colored line at 1% and -1%. Can this be done? Thanks Hi, There are various ways of addressing this problem. See the following for examples of adding lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Cygnusx1 wrote: > I have a chart that is XY (scatter) that I need to put limit lines on. I want > to put a colored line at 1% and -1%. Can this be done? > Than...

Stock Bar Charts
how do I add the "open" to a stock bar chart in Excel? In the OHLC type candlestick charts, Open and Close define the top and bottom of the up-down bars. Excel doesn't offer the commonly used left-tick for open, just the right tick for close. I have one technique to simulate this on my web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartLeftTickOpen.html and I have since developed a much easier technique, which I have yet to write up. Sometime soon, perhaps. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http...

Cannot access the "Help" files in Office 2007
Cannot access the "Help" files in Office 2007. I have ran "repair' from the installation CD and still have the same issue. Every time I click the question mark , or hit "F1", for help I get the following message: "There is a problem with one or more installed help files. Please repair your office installation and try again". Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Britaa: My suggestion would be to just completely reinstall Office 2007 beacuse if you have allready tried to repair it im guessing a file somewhere has been deleted. Hope...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

Please Help....urgent
Hi, I am doing notes to exchange coexistence & am facing an issue. I have following Microsoft Document NotesDirandMailMigrat word by word & still the connector is not working at all. Issue : As soon as I start to sync directory using Notes connector, several events are logged in event viewer.. few of these are : -no Notes Session Open -Error {GRC:a}: The application failed to initialize. -Initializing Lotus Notes Interface -Failed to initialize the NOTES subsystem I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. The connector i have installed is from Exchange CD and SP2 reapplied after install. ...

Two Conditional Formats
The first conditional format is "=MOD(ROW(),2)=0". This auto shades every other row and fixs the rows color so if I do a sort the rows will still be shaded every other row. The second Conditional Format is to color the font red if less than 0. However, if a negitive number is in a row that has been shaded, the font will not trun red, in the other rows the negatives are red. What can I do to have both the shaded cell and red negative numbers? As always, any help is very much appreciated. "Ronbo" wrote: > The first conditional format is "=MOD(ROW(),2)=0&qu...

using two cells 1 with total time n 1 with date how can i put the.
I'm trying to put the amount of time spent in to a seperate sheet (Cell # 2 column E ) from a sheet that has the dates in one cell (column A) and the time spent in another (column K) and the reason for the time spent in column B. On the seperate sheet I have to put the amount of time spent in column E and match with the date I have in column A on the seperate sheet to populate the chart that I'm making. The only thing that I have been able to do is create a formula to show the amount of time spent and for what reason but i can't match it to the date because the dates ...

NFL Footballpool help
I am making a football Pool for NFL games and need help on the followin items: 1. Need cell f5 on worksheet 2 to automatically show same data as cel f5 on worksheet 1. 2. I run a confidence point league, so players pick game winners, the rank those winners by their confidence. (1-16 for 16 game weekend;1-1 for 14 game weekend) now...I currently manually place a 0 or a 1 next to each players' pick and get a total value for points diplayed in my 'total' Cell. how...Can i make a table of the games played that week, manually inpu the scores of each team, and have this make the 0 ...

Help with SQL
Could someone please critique the following pice of code? The SQL was copied directly from the query Private Sub cmdDeSelect_Click() Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "UPDATE tblCDMRvalues SET tblCDMRvalues.[Select] = No _ WHERE (((tblCDMRvalues.[Select])=Yes) AND ((tblCDMRvalues.ynDelete)=No));" Debug.Print strSQL DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL End Sub Thanks "TeeSee" <bkeanie@glasscellisofab.com> wrote in message news:e87addd3-2aa8-4acb-94ba-e8f35d43eef2@n77g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Could someone please critique the following pice of code? The SQL ...

Help with exchange 2000 standard
I am new to exchange still reading a text book but love exchange and ad services…. My boss setup exchange 3 years before I started working here and all is well….. However I have encountered a problem with the pop3 segment of exchange… A few of our clients use a Treo 650 with different providers as their carrier. I configure pop3 access from within their mobile devices and it works. The devices are set to leave email on the exchange (instead of like behaving like outlook express would….). The problem here is that the emails on the exchange server are flagged as read. I monitored a us...

matching part numbers dispersed in two columns
Hello - I work with price lists in Excel. I want to match lists whos main columns are part numbers. Problem is that there are part number that do not match in between the two lists. For example, the part numbers column in one list (I'll call it "A")ma have the part numbers 72579, 72580, 72581, 72582, 72583. The par numbers column in the other list (I'll call it "B") may have 72579 72580, 72582, 72583, 72584. I want to match the numbers from list "B" to list "A". If Excel coul just line up the matching numbers on a new column (and leaving blan ...

How can I put two variables with different scales on the same char
Plot both series together in the chart, double click on one series, and on the Axis tab, choose Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html _______ "Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40078D0A-0639-4721-AFD6-BE55326BCE93@microsoft.com... > ...

Help creating crosstab query
Hi all, I'm probably going about this the wrong way, but I want to know if it is possible to use a crosstab query to display what I need. Scenario: People pay into a lotto syndicate each fortnight. The amount is $5. So in effect, they pay today and they next need to pay on 11th April 07. However, some rich people want to pay more than one period at a time, and obviously some people fall behind in their payments. So we could have Rich Joe who has now paid until 25th April by paying $10, and Poor Mary who pays $20 to catch up to today's deadline, and she next needs to pay on 11th ...

help!can't open any files
I just loaded & activated Microsoft student/teacher edition 2003. Now all of the previous excel files already saved to my computer will not open. The message "Not able to open-virus scanner has detected a problem" pops up. This even occurs on new docs that I have just created & saved to the systems since installing this new software. Help! ...

Need To Lookup Value Based on Two Criteria
Hi, I need a formula to return a value from a row in a different worksheet within the same workbook. The row must meet a combination of two different criteria. I previously used vlookup based on the REF column (see example below) to return the value in the Total column for that row, but now I am finding that the values in the REF column are starting to repeat. Here is an example: Sheet1 Date Name Ref Total 08/15/03 XYZ 325 100 08/15/03 def 276 220 02/12/04 abc 396 250 07/02/04 def 325 275 Date column is formatted as dat...

Help Wanted with phone numbers at bottom
I've noticed two others with the same problem. We need a program for phone numbers at the bottom of the page. Yard Sales, help wanted, and other sale items. There are some templates at http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx? for fliers with tear-offs. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Pulseofwa@hotmail.com" <Pulseofwa@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4C49309-7AB2-4984-9EC6-D552B3240B91@microsoft.com... > I've noticed two others wit...

Dual Axis Clustered Stack Bar Chart
I need to display a data set on a dual axis clustered stack chart. It needs to be sorted by month for a six month period, with two groups of data, each with up to 20 types of data in each group. The data is located in an access database. I have built an extract that will dump data to Excel, sorted by month, group, and data type. Each data type has a value for that month. The chart needs to be a bar chart, not a line chart. Any help will be greatly appreciated. These links from Jon Peltier may help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/NewStuff.html#ClusterStack http://www.peltiert...