Help Excel 2007 - worksheet scaling not working

Hoping that someone can help with this.

I'm trying to print out a small worksheet on a '11x17' sheet.  I've set the
print area to the size I want and I have the scaling set to scale to '1
sheet wide x one sheet high' and the layout to  'landscape'.  But there's no
scaling happening.  Cells still show up in a small corner of the sheet.
I've never seen this behavior in any previous version.  Any suggestions?

0
noThanks8692 (108)
12/19/2008 10:29:21 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Print area??

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hoping that someone can help with this.
>
> I'm trying to print out a small worksheet on a '11x17' sheet.  I've set
> the print area to the size I want and I have the scaling set to scale to
> '1 sheet wide x one sheet high' and the layout to  'landscape'.  But
> there's no scaling happening.  Cells still show up in a small corner of
> the sheet. I've never seen this behavior in any previous version.  Any
> suggestions?

0
dguillett1 (2487)
12/20/2008 3:06:48 PM
Dab,

Please look into 'Page Setup' command under 'File' Menu... There will be a
'Scaling' section in 'Page' tab. Now, check the 'Adjust to ____ % of normal
size' option available just above the "set to scale to 1 sheet wide x one
sheet high" option. If you increase the % there, you may get this issue
fixed...

:)

"Dab" wrote:

> Hoping that someone can help with this.
>
> I'm trying to print out a small worksheet on a '11x17' sheet.  I've set the
> print area to the size I want and I have the scaling set to scale to '1
> sheet wide x one sheet high' and the layout to  'landscape'.  But there's no
> scaling happening.  Cells still show up in a small corner of the sheet.
> I've never seen this behavior in any previous version.  Any suggestions?

0
Ma10kumar (3)
12/20/2008 5:48:01 PM
Thanks for your note Don, but like I mentioned in my original post, I've set
the print area.  That's not the problem.

"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> Print area??
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hoping that someone can help with this.
>>
>> I'm trying to print out a small worksheet on a '11x17' sheet.  I've set
>> the print area to the size I want and I have the scaling set to scale to
>> '1 sheet wide x one sheet high' and the layout to  'landscape'.  But
>> there's no scaling happening.  Cells still show up in a small corner of
>> the sheet. I've never seen this behavior in any previous version.  Any
>> suggestions?

0
noThanks8692 (108)
12/22/2008 4:59:11 PM
Hi:

There isn't a 'file' menu in 2007 - not really (you can set it up with the
old style menus but I've opted to learn the new - albeit, bizarre - set of
menus).

In any case, I took your suggestion of using a percentage and it works.
Thanks.

"Ma10kumar" <Ma10kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dab,
>
> Please look into 'Page Setup' command under 'File' Menu... There will be a
> 'Scaling' section in 'Page' tab. Now, check the 'Adjust to ____ % of
> normal
> size' option available just above the "set to scale to 1 sheet wide x one
> sheet high" option. If you increase the % there, you may get this issue
> fixed...
>
> :)
>
> "Dab" wrote:
>
>> Hoping that someone can help with this.
>>
>> I'm trying to print out a small worksheet on a '11x17' sheet.  I've set
>> the
>> print area to the size I want and I have the scaling set to scale to '1
>> sheet wide x one sheet high' and the layout to  'landscape'.  But there's
>> no
>> scaling happening.  Cells still show up in a small corner of the sheet.
>> I've never seen this behavior in any previous version.  Any suggestions?

0
noThanks8692 (108)

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Excel 2007

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

help with simple maths in excel

Help with income/expenses

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Need help with Auto Filter

Exchange 2007 across account search

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Can anyone help ?