Help does not allow entry in Answer Wizard or Index tab

Hello --

I am using Office 2000 Pro; Excel version is 9.0.6976  SP-3..

If I click a word in VBA, Help displays a help screen about it.

However, the top menu bar says "Microsoft Access Help".  I have Access on
the machine.

And, if I click the Answer Wizard or Index tab, the shape of the cursor in
any field changes to a horizontal, double-ended arrow.

Can anyone tell he how to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help.

L Mehl

---

mehl (38)
1/27/2004 11:21:04 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Help getting SheetName into a cell
I need to refer to the sheet name in a formula and can't figure out how to do it. I can't find a Function which will do this. I did discover ActiveSheet.Name but I have been unsuccessful in getting it work in a function. Specifically I have sheets named "1.a" , "1.b" , "1.c" . . . "99.a" , "99.b" , "99.c" and need to get these names into cell C3 of each sheet. The sheets may not be in order and there may be missing sheets. Thanks in advance for any help. Omar Hi You could put somthing like this in a macro or attatch ...

Help with SQL Query 06-30-10
We have a distinct list of email addresses in alpha order and we need to transform it from a single column into a grid of three columns maintaining the alpha order. The list is contained in a temp table inside of our query. We then use the temp table list and perform case statement with a mod on the row_number in a select statement to columnze the data. However, the columnar data contains a null value in two of the three columns and we are needing to remove the nulls and have the actual values on each row in the output. Here is our current sql: CREATE TABLE #tmpTable ( Email_Add...

Can Drop Down Boxes jump to the answer as you type?
If I create a form with VBA, to create a drop down box to have a list to pick an answer for to fill in a cell in a worksheet, it will jump to the answer in the list as you type. Can a Data|Validation|List do the same thing? If not, is there a way to get that functionality in Excel? Data Validation doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html rrucksda...

Restricting input box entries to integers
Dear Experts: below macro applies a user-defined paragraph style to rows using an input box. The macro is running fine. But the input box also allows for entries such as 7,2 (comma because I live in Germany). How do I have to re-write the code to only allow integers as input box entries? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub Tbl_BodyStyle() Dim oRng As Word.Range Dim oTbl As Word.Table Dim AskRowNumber As String Dim blnAsk As Boolean If Not Selection.Information(wdWithInTable) Then MsgBox "Please place the cursor...

Sales Distribution Entry table
Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales Distribution Entry window? Thanks. On Feb 27, 10:44=A0am, ALGP <gpjef...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales > Distribution Entry window? > > Thanks. SOP10102 ...

Find both matched and unmatched entries
Hi, I have two tables that I wish to find: 1) find matched data - copy that into a separate table 2) find unmatched data - copy that data into a separate table Can I achieve the above results with one query? I have three fields in each table that I would like to compare against: Client Data Status Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT Hi Yes you can use an append query to do this quite simple BUT you would end up with the same data in 2 tables which be a mistake. Maybe you could post some more details of what you are trying to do (the end result) a...

Need help with Combo Box?
I would appreciate any help with this. I currently have a form with two combo boxes and a subform. The first combo box lists counties and the second box lists doctors in selected county. After selecting county, doc the subform lists pts for this doc. All this works fine. However, I need to add a couple of more filters. I am stuck and would like to know how to do this. I don't want to mess up what I already have. How can I incorporate a couple more filters? I thought maybe adding an option box to the form????? Can someone please help me to accomplish this? Thank you. Sure...

Messages not delivered to another Routing Group HELP NEEDED
I have three routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group ) to another ( in one branch office routing group ) is getting stucked in MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be working just fine. After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to the connector to be albe to send mail it shows the queue now in the connector but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from my branch office to my headquarter correctly sends mail. Any help would be gre...

Indexes in tables.
Hi, Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? Any other ways? Thanks, Vitali I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vitali V" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? > Any other ways? > > Thanks, > > Vitali > > > Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle.. "Char...

Tabs
Does anyone else have trouble setting tabs with leaders??? I am having a terrible time with my newest publication. I follow all the instructions and cannot get the leader to format. Any suggestions? I've used Publisher for other projects and have run into this problem before but I can't remember how I solved it. I imported the text for this project from another file. Could that be the problem? Hi paula (pbibber@yahoo.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone else have trouble setting tabs with leaders??? I am || having a terrible time with my newest publication. I...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

How do I stop 'template help' from opening in a worksheet?
When I open a workbook, I do not want to see 'Template Help.' 2003 version Help>Online Content. Uncheck "show template help when available" 2007 version.....no idea but willing to learn. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:08:01 -0700, Goldenbarstewart <Goldenbarstewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open a workbook, I do not want to see 'Template Help.' ...

Default Tabs Question
Hi, We have Windows XP and Word 2003. We got a document from another party and noticed that the default tab sets are gone (there are no "hash" marks identifying the default tab stops every .05" on the ruler bar). I know one solution is to copy the document into a new blank Word document. I know we could also go into Format - Tabs and reset the Default Tab Stops at every .05" -- but I would have to select the entire document first. Is there a way I can restore Word's default tabs by going into, for example, Normal Style? Basically, I am just l...

How do I arrange entries in a column alphabetically
I have typed a list of entries in a column in Excel 2003 and now I want to list them alphabetically. Any ideas how I do this? Select the column, go to Data > Sort, and sort ascending. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have typed a list of entries in a column in Excel 2003 and now I want to >list them alphabetically. Any ideas how I do this? >. > ...

Help making BINGO cards

Calculating Averages
Hi, I am using the newest version of Excel on Windows 7, and I need some help with a complex calculation. In cells A1-A100, I have dollar amounts ranging from $1-$1000. In cells B1-B100, I have percentages ranging from 0%-100%. I want to break out the cells in A1-A100 in several groups, like follows: $1-$99, $100-$199, $200-$299, and so on up to $1000. Then, I need to calculate the average percentage for jobs in those categories. So, for the category of $1-$99, lets say there are two cells with amounts in that range, A1 and A2. Their percentages in B1 and B2 are 40% and 6...

REALLY NEED HELP
Hi guys, i'm hoping someone could lend me a hand. I'm setting up an excel file to input our fees received from our customers sent to collections. I have a main page with all the customers names, and each name is a hyper link to that customers separate worksheet - where a running tab is kept. I have a button called "update" and i've assigned the following macro (also called UPDATE) move the info over to the respective customers worksheet. I'm trying to get a loop going. A# is the customers name (first name will be starting at A4. B# to F# (first transaction...

Workbook there but not visible! Help!
I was working on some VBA code for an excel application I am writing. I switched between the VBE and the spreadsheet and all of a sudden my workbook is no longer visible! In the VBE project explorer window it shows my project and my code but in the excel window...no workbook! Nothing! Ran a test procedure calling IsAddin to see if somehow I accidentally clicked a button/box telling Excel to make this file an addin but it returned false. I did close the file and re-open it. Any ideas? Maybe it's just off the visible screen: Window|Arrange|tiled (and resize manually) or maybe y...

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

Tab causes CStatic-derived object to repaint!!
Hi, I derived a class named CGroupBox from CStatic. I am using it the following way: 1. I created a dialog (and its corresponding CDialog-derived class) using the resource editor 2. In the dialog, I created a group box. 3. I mapped the group box component to a CGroupBox member of the dialog's class using the Class Wizard. I did this so that I could override OnPaint() and give the group box a custom look. When the dialog comes up, the focus is set to an edit control. As soon as I hit the TAB key to switch to the next edit control, the group box's label gets repainted--only the label,...

Full-Text Indexing #3
Is there a way to enable full-text indexing in an outlook client for Public Folders when the client is working offline? ...

Broken links don't show old data. Help!
I have a spreadsheet in an email attachment that no longer shows old data from broken links after upgrading to Office XP. The data is there, and displays while the "Update links" dialog box is up, but no matter what I choose the data then disappears into a sea of #REF when I dismiss the dialog box. How can I get the old data to show again? Thanks. -Mark ...

Please help Password Trouble
I am using outlook 2000 on a DSL line on XP Home. I have chosen to not save my password, and the problem that I am having is that everytime I go to check my mail it makes me type in my password. There must be a way (like in express) that allows you to just type in your password the first time you log into outlook and keeps you logged in until you decide to log out?? Thanks for your help!!!! -- Virtualliance, Inc. Mark Needham 7 Kimball Lane Bldg A Lynnfield, Ma 01940 T 001-781-224-4700 F 001-781-224-2414 C 001-617-799-4597 www.virtuallianceinc.com mneedham@virtuallianceinc.com im: vaincmar...

Please help....
I have a question regarding bank reconciliations that I am hoping someone can help me with. It concerns a USD bank account that I use. At the end of the month I prepare the bank reconciliation in GP. After completing the reconciliation I get a print-out called the "Reconciliation Posting Journal". This print-out provides me with the folowing: Bank Statement Balance Oustanding Cheques(-) Depoits in Transit(+) =Adjusted Bank Balance All of these amounts are in USD. Then I go to "Financial - Inquiry - Summary" and pull the summary balance for this GL ...

Help! Lost all email from inbox
Hi, hoping someone can advise me. Somehow my fingers fumbled when reaching for mouse to open an email and every email in my inbox disappeared. I have outlook 2000 and do have it set to automatically delete when i highlight and press delete key. But in this case, i didnt highlight anything and must have hit some combination of keys and poof - over 100 emails from inbox disappeared. They are not in deleted items folder and many were not even opened yet. tia kate <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, hoping someone can advise me. Somehow my fingers fumbled when >...