Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text

Hi everyone.  Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a
column then cut the word and paste it to another column.  Of course
this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there
is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column..

Thanks again,

Mary

0
mballard5 (1)
8/6/2006 11:06:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You have a reply at your other thread.

--

Dave Peterson
0

A formula that displays the last letter in a text
I frequently use text in cells. I use MID and LEN often enough, but is there a formula that will display the last letter in a text that will often vary in length. Thanks. Michael =RIGHT(A1,1) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <MichaelRLanier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0983e9df-8991-43ff-ab3a-09ee5450fbd6@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I frequently use text in cells. I use MID and LEN often enough, but > is there a formula that will display the last letter in a text that > will often vary in length. Thanks. > > Michael Hi Michael =MID(A1,...

Insert copied row into a list
In Excel 2003, I can insert a row into a list by inserting a row into the spreadsheet. That is, I can right-click along the row numbers along the left, then insert a row. However, if I try to insert a copied a spreadsheet row, I get the message that I am trying to shift cells down within the list. That is, I select a row by clicking the row number on the left, press ctrl- C, then right-click another row on its row number at the left, and choose insert copied row (or maybe insert pasted row -- I'm don't have access to Excel at the moment to verify). Inserting a copied/pasted row doe...

Copy Pivot Chart
Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? You can copy/paste special/value as you would any other cell values. However, you need to navigate from "edit" on the tool bar. These options are not available for a pivot table via the right click. "TK" wrote: > Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? ...

Copy Cell or Column without advancing formula reference?
I have a spreadsheet with formulas referring to another worksheet. I need to copy the columns however, each time I do, the formulas advance to another cell. Which is an incorrect reference, skewing my results. You need to modify the formulas to use absolute references. Edit each of the cell addresses in the formula and put $ (dollar signs) in front of the column letters. "sgluntz" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with formulas referring to another worksheet. I need to > copy the columns however, each time I do, the formulas advance to another > cell. Which is an...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

Formula assistance please . .
Hi people, Had a query passed to me about a formula and despite my efforts, have reached the decision to seek help from your good selves! Worksheet looks like this; Col F Col AB Col AC 8564848485858565 5236523652365236 0 8484848484848484 7412741274127412 0 1234567891234567 8484848484848484 1 2582582582582586 8484848456789253 0 8484848484856547 8567458698562311 0 Column F is an ever-increasing year-to-date li...

Need help for an Excel formula
I am creating a P+L and need a formula for this instance. I am reasonably profficient on this software but have never had to generate a spreadsheet like this. Could someone advise a formula for this instance: I have a units sold column which generates the rest of the P+L, but there are some variable fields. 40,000 units are ordered no matter what, and then any amount over this would require a reorder, but this can only be done in multiples of 2,500. so if I enter 51,000 in the units sold field, i need the order costs to calculate an order of 52,500 as it would not be possible to order...

2 questions regarding count formula
If I have the following data A B C 1 Personnel group type p't number 2 Melinda 1 4 3 Sean 1 5 4 Melinda 1 6 5 Sean 2 30 6 Fay 3 8 7 Melinda 1 32 1. How shall I contruct my formula to count the number of data that satisfy the following criteria: 1. personnel is Melinda 2. group type is 1 3. ...

Creating an "Empty" Cell
I have an IF statement that puts "" in cell based on a certain condition. But when I go to chart that cell (along with adjacent cells), that cell gets charted as a ZERO. I would like it to get charted as an "Empty" cell which would leave a gap in the line graph. I want the gap in the line graph indicating that there was no data for that period. I do NOT want to chart a ZERO. The question is . . . is there anyway in an IF statement to say based on a certain condition, make the cell BLANK or EMPTY (especially if the cell previously had data)? Thanks. Ch...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

Help #30
Hi, I have a row of data that I need to find a minimum value and a maximum value. That's done. Now, I have to delete both the minimum and maximum values from the row. Can you tell me how to easily do this? I have a larg :confused: e worksheet with many rows, so Edit+Find really won't help. -- only1joal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ only1joal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381823 Assume data is in Sheet1, in row1 down ...

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Macro to help update data from protected files
I need help in creating a macro. I have a master file X1 and it connects to 55 other files all password protected. When i open the Master file , it asks the protected fiel to be open to update the data, otherwise it gives error. Can someone help me create a macro which will update the data witout opening the protected fiels one by one. Thanks I don't think you'll find a macro that can do this. But what you could do is create a new workbook that opens each of those 55 other files (supplying the password) and then opens your real workbook. hamad.fatima@gmail.com wrote: > > I ...

Text in textbox is indented?
Hi, I have typed some text into a textbox. Then I think I messed with some text settings and as a result, my text is indented from the second line of each paragraph onward. Something like this: ---------------------- The text in my textbox ****begins here, ****however as you ****can see it is ****indented from ****the second line ****onward. If I start a new line ****however, the ****first line is not ****indented. ---------------------- {picture attached} I've clicked the decrease indent button many times but that doesn't change anything. Any ideas? ...

On Create Workflow not working
I am trying to add a new workflow rule to our system. All I want to do is send an email when a new order is created, that's it. I have many other, much more complex workflows running just fine. However, it seems I can no longer add an On Create workflow rule. If I change this rule to On Assign, it runs fine. For some reason, any new On create rules are not running, the old On create rules still work. Does anyone know what this could be? Any help is appreciated. This is only affecting the Creation of workflow rules for Orders. Is there a maximum # of rules allowed for each...

Formula for changing Text Color??
I don't know if this is even possible. What I would like to do is t input a number into a column in sheet 1 and have a correspondin number (which is already there) change font color in sheet two. So input a number, say 3 in C10 on sheet 1 and the number 3 which is i sheet 2 (c10) changes from black to red. Is this possible? thanks very much -- dan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- danh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27420 You ...

Email text newline (\n) not working
Hi I'm coding a callout for the CRM 3.0, This callout creates emails and tasks. When creating a new email of several text lines for some reason everything is displayed in one single line. for example I have the following code: string subject = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet"; string description = "Dear " + owner.fullname + "\n\n" + "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet (click on Regarding to see its information)" + "\n" + "Shortly you will be assigned this as a task to be completed" + "\n\n" + "Thanks"; SendEmail...

Using a formula in a Hyperlink Cell reference
I have a workbook with approx 60 worksheets in it. I have set up hyperlinks on the 1st sheet to take me directly to the worksheet I want to see. Is there any way of using a function in the Hyperlink cell reference, so the link will automatically position me at the right cell on the target sheet? I thought I could use the COUNTA function to determine the first non-blank cell, but the hyperlink doesn't seem to like it. Hi what HYPERLINK formula are you currently using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sslabbe" <sslabbe@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb i...

Is there a formula that can do this?
This issue has alluded me for a while. Is there a formula that could be used in "C" that will bring back unique values contained in "A" but only bring the value back if that value has a row value showing in "B" A1 = apples B1 = 1 C1 = apples A2 = grapes B2 = C2 = pears A3 = pears B3 = 3 C3 = A4 = oranges B4 = C4 = A5 = apples B5 = 5 C5 = A hard one for sure, although I would like to know if there is such a formula. Thank you for your time. In C1 enter: =IF(OR(B1="",COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1),"",A1) and copy dow...

Where are non printing text effects in word 2007?
Where are non printing text effect in word 2007? ie marching ants, etc. They are no longer included with the font dialog, but can still be added by macro e.g. Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then MsgBox "Select text first!", vbCritical, "No Text Selected" Exit Sub End If sAnimation = InputBox("Which animation? Enter the number: " & vbCr & _ " 1. Blinking Background" & vbCr & _ " 2. Las Vegas Lights" & vbCr & _ " ...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

Publisher and PDF help...
I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work around that anybody knows of. Thanks in advance... While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one > computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or > some work around that anybody knows of. Options: a) Output a PostScript file from Publisher and di...

How to copy a file from a disk to a specified sector of another di
Hi, I want to perform the following operations given below. 1. Read a file from a disk 2. Write the same file to another disk 3. In the second disk the written file should be on the same cylinder/track/sector as it is on the first disk. Hoping to get a reply soon. TIA. regards, Jahfer V P. you can't do this at a file level. Thanks Vipin "Jahfer V P" <Jahfer V P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846B7A49-C2FC-405C-8B96-4CF48356717A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to perform the following operations given below. > > 1. Read a file fro...