Help converting DATE with MACRO?!

I have a column that contains dates in a format like this...

      25-Mar-05

How would I write a Macro that would take this data and convert it to a
format like this...?

03/25/2005

Thanks much!

0
nws (10)
9/21/2006 9:54:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Just set the date format, Format>Cells>Custom ... mm/dd/yyyy

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"SinCity" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote in message
> I have a column that contains dates in a format like this...
>
>       25-Mar-05
>

> How would I write a Macro that would take this data and convert it to a
> format like this...?
>
> 03/25/2005
>
> Thanks much!

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
9/21/2006 10:05:29 PM
SinCity, why not just change the format of the column, format cells, date,
and select the one you want?

Or with dates in column A

Columns("A:A").NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy"

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"SinCity" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote in message
> I have a column that contains dates in a format like this...
>
>       25-Mar-05
>

> How would I write a Macro that would take this data and convert it to a
> format like this...?
>
> 03/25/2005
>
> Thanks much!

Great idea guys - thanks!

"Bob Phillips" <bob.NGs@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Just set the date format, Format>Cells>Custom ... mm/dd/yyyy
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>
> (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct)
>
> "SinCity" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote in message
>> I have a column that contains dates in a format like this...
>>
>>       25-Mar-05
>>

>> How would I write a Macro that would take this data and convert it to a
>> format like this...?
>>
>> 03/25/2005
>>
>> Thanks much!

0
nws (10)

attaching a macro to a control button in the Quick Access Toolbar
Excel 12, WXP I have a macro that I used a lot in Excel 11 and I would like to use it in Excel 12. I have put a button (form control) on the Quick Access Toolbar and I want to attach the macro to it. Help says to right click on the control and choose "assign macro" but when I right click on the control I don't get that choice. Can't find any help for this question in VB editor either. It describes how to put a command button on the worksheet itself, but no way to assign a macro that is in the Quick Access Toolbar. Any suggestions? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/ima...

calculate dates #2
I am trying to create an application to calculate a date that is 2 weeks from today but I never want the date to be a weekend or holiday. The results I want to run on someones desktop without them having to do anything. Any thoughts? Use =WORKDAY(TODAY(),14) WORKDAY is part of the Analysis Toolpak add-in, so you may to install that -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "kevin.raway@lifefitness.com" <kevinrawaylifefitnesscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A790A02C-0A02-42F0-9684-719436798CD6@microsoft.com... > I a...

Excel VBA
Hi All, I want to be able to use a msgbox that asks a person what date it is? When the person enters say 19/08/04 and presses ok, another spreadshee willl now have this date entered. What im trying to do is in the end is be able to write the date in an sleect a task. So each time i do a task i can say what day and how man times. Any help would be great Im novice at best.: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like the following: Sub foo() Dim res_value Dim target_wks As Worksheet Set target_wks = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tabelle2") Do res_value...

ReportViewer
Using ReportViewer control v9 in .aspx page - When displaying date type parameter field in my report nothing happens when calendar icon is clicked (no calendar page, no error) in ie 8. FoxFire works. Same report works fine when viewed directly on the report server in ie8. Resolved myself. Sloppy coding on the Master page. <form> tag out of place in table structure. "Pete Hay" wrote: > Using ReportViewer control v9 in .aspx page - When displaying date type > parameter field in my report nothing happens when calendar icon is clicked > (no calen...

Help with a template
I had a Quotation template that I was using to help my husband with his small business. I cannot find the template and when I try to open it up on my system to see other quotes or estimates I have done for him, it is a blank screen. Help, please. Tell me what I am doing wrong or how I can redownload another template. Thanks for any help. I don't know what you are doing wrong. Maybe you could download another template using the method you used to download the last one. Templates are not difficult to create (File>Save As>Template); you could create your own. -- Greeting from the Gulf...

Inventory reconciliation gone wrong.. help???
Hi, Have a real serious problem.... was doing a inventory reconciliation when great plains crashed.. not whenever you try to get into any transaction entry window the error, 'cannot post while inventory quantities are being altered' and we cannot enter any documents.. Is there any way we can resume the inventory reconciliation or stop it?? Cheers ...

Help with hierarchy in organization charts
I am trying to create a basic org chart for my organization. I am having difficulty representing people at different levels that report to the same person. For example, a manager and a director might report to a partner. I want the manager to appear lower on the chart than the director, but want a direct line to the partner above both people. I realize I can manually lower the manager, but when I use the re-layout function the manager is elevated back to the level of the director. Any ideas? This was easy to accomplish in OrgPlus and I assume there must be a way in Visio as well. Thanks!...

Help #7
I have Pub 2000 at work and Pub 2002/3 at home and I saved my file at home in 2000 format and brought it to work to print on 11x17 and I have lost my formatting related to tab settings and it now tells me that this is a web page and tabs don't work. I did not save it as a web page can I somehow convert it back to a Pub format so my tabs work? It is an 8 page program. Don't know why it would turn into a web page... Did you copy the publication to the local hard drive before opening it? This article may give you insight into the tab issue. Custom tabs that you previously set in Publ...

Help needed for a simple spreadsheet
I use MS office 2000, using excell to calculate costings, i would lik to simplyfy the way i use the spreadsheet to calculate costs but canno find out how to set up a basic database which will automatically link t the spreadsheet, any help would be gratefully appreciated. Using a simple 5 column spreadsheet i would like to set it up a follows. Column A - enter simple item code (upto 10 digits) which wil auto-complete after 3 digits and allow scrolling through similar code until the correct item is found, column C would then automatically b entered with the full item description and column D...

Date format with day of week and date
I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005 I know how to make the date formats change but cannot find one that offers both the date as well as the day of week...if there are no options for it, what is the format for customizing it to do this? Thanks! Kathy One way is to use a custom format DDDD M/DD/YYYY "Kathy" wrote: > I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date > and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005 > > I know how to make the date format...

Calculating Days From Dates and printing letters.
I wonder if anyone can help me? Calculating Day of Week I am trying to use Outlook as my contact management software in the entertainment business. I have several hundred potential venues that run on different days in the week. When I create a new contact I would like to be able to; Input a date the venue has booked. This could be in the past or the future. From the date I have input have outlook calculate which day of the week the venue runs and store this information. Later I want to be ale to pull up for example; all venues that run on a Wednesday in a specific county Printing letters...

Corel Quattro file Coversion Help
I am attempting to convert multiple large linked Corel Quatro spreadsheets to Excel. Does any one know of a converter? I have tried using Microsofts pubilshed converter for Excel 2000. However everytime I attempt to open a Quattro .wb3 file with the converter it locks excel up. Any ideas????? ...

desparately need help
i installed the camera icon on the QAT last week and experimented with it. got the message "The picture is too large and will be truncated". Now i get that message on every file and every time a enter something in a cell. i have removed the camera icon and have re-booted but am still having trouble. thanks in advance -- aprilshowers ...

Need help with collection serialization
Can some Please tell me why the following collection is not XML Serializable: Imports System.Xml Imports System.Runtime.Serialization Namespace MyNamespace <Serializable()> Public Class SpecialResult Private m_SpecialID As Integer Private m_Description As String Private m_Adjustment As Decimal Public Property SpecialID() As Integer Get Return m_SpecialID End Get Set(ByVal Value As Integer) m_SpecialID = Value End Set End Property Public Property Description(...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

ALT+F8 macro list without showing "Personal.xlsm!" for every macro?
Is there a setting somewhere that will allow me to call up my list of macros with ALT+F8 and _not_ have "Personal.xlsm!" show in fornt of every one of them? It would make things just a bit easier if I could call up the list and begin typing the macro name and have the list find it for me. Ed ...

Excell 2007 Dates and combining 2 cells
I have created a date in Excel with the format of 03/01/01 in the form of mm/dd/yy Sometimes it will display the date in the cell and sometimes it will display a 5 digit number. Also, even if it displays correctly in a cell when combining 2 cells (1 cell being the word date- and the other cell being the date as 03/01/01in the form of mm/dd/yy The combination will be the date and a six digit number. Example Date-16425. What do I need to do in these situations to that it will display the date correctly in one cell( 03/03/01) and display the date correctly in combined cells (Date- 03/...

A pal needs help on this site
A pal needs help on this site greetings fellow newsgroupers. I recently found a site called Microsoft Forums. In a very short time I became very known to the site and its an excellent tool. This guy who runs it is good too but needs a helping hand. Please do me a favor and check it out at http://www.msforums.org/ Categories are like Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Gaming, Servers, Developer and so on. Thanks to everyone. MDO Pro -- I go to Microsoft Forums, do you? http://www.msforums.org/ ...

Help needed with mail returned as possible spam
We have about 10 computers using Bellsouth DSL service, with Bellsouth hosting our domain. Our Outlook clients are set up for POP3/SMTP using mail.ourdomain.com. A few days ago, we began having email problems, especially when we try to send emails to each other. The returned emails say they are being rejected by the mailserver as possible spam. One of the returned emails said "Host blacklisted in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.swh.bellsouth.net." It then identified our public IP address. However, that IP address does not show as blacklisted on the spamhaus.org website. I rectifie...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #2
Thanks Dave, this is almost exactly what I want! The only thing I nee in the module now is that when they try to delete a validated cell an the INVALID appears, I want the cursor to return to that cell to forc them to select from the list - at the moment they can continue leavin INVALID as the value. Perhaps a message box telling them what the have done wrong would also be useful? Thanks in advance Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View thi...

ESM 2003 Help Crash
Using any of the help screens in ESM 2003 causes ESM to crash. This is apparently a conflict with Exchange 2003 SP2 and IE7. Here's an article about it: http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid43_gci1233854,00.html Is there a fix, or is Microsoft planning fix? This is underway. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman "Dave B" <daveb@atgnet.com> wrote in message news:%23Jg6weoLHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using any of the help screens in ESM 2003 cau...

Help #29
Here is my issue, I am going to try and explain this clear as possible, so please bare with me. How do I do a sumproduct for this?? This is all set up by team on the sheet I am working off of. Here is the example by column team name:employee name:total number of forms;average score I have a cover sheet that has each team listed and I need to have an overall average score for that team. The average needs to be weighted against the total number of forms. How can I return the overall avg score for that team on my cover sheet?? I hope this make sense?? Thanks ...

VBA Code for displaying time taken by a macro
hi, can you pls give me the VBA Code for diplaying the time taken by a macro to give the output. Regards, Karthik One way: Dim time1 As Double, time2 As Double time1 = Timer ' <your macro here> time2 = Timer MsgBox Format(time2 - time1, "0.00 \s\ec") In article <1123328550.673153.200890@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Macro man" <karthikr22@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > can you pls give me the VBA Code for diplaying the time taken by a > macro to give the output. > > Regards, > > Karthik Depends up...

Date Parameter
How do I setup a parameter in a query for start and end dates on a bithday field based on just the month and day of the birthday field? Example Birthdates: 01/01/06; 02/01/06, 01/31/05, 06/01/69 If user imputs range as start date of 01/01/90 and end date of 01/31/2007, I need to return records with birthday of 01/01/06 and 01/31/05 regardless of year. On Tue, 8 May 2007 11:13:17 -0700, dh1069 wrote: > How do I setup a parameter in a query for start and end dates on a bithday > field based on just the month and day of the birthday field? > > Example Birthdates: 01/01/06; 02...

Access 2000 Date Count Help
Morning all, I have field that contains dates. I need to add up each time a visit is made. Easy enough. In a query, I run the date count and all works great. However, I need to filter out if the date of the last visit and next visit are within 2 days of themselves. Example. They might visit a customer on the November 21. They didn't complete the work. They will not return on the 22nd, because it's a Holiday, so they will return on the 23rd to finish up. I need to count that span of time as 1 visit, not 2. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks If the data you are storing is only...