Help: Can't display contents of Adobe Acrobat Document in Sheet

Hoping that someone can help with this.

I'm trying to insert an Adobe Acrobat document into an Excel worksheet.  I'd
like to see the document contents, not an Icon.  According to the Excel help
files, it should be possible to display the file as it shows up in Acrobat
but no matter what I do, I see only an Icon.

I went through the procedure listed in the help files to convert the
document (ensuring that "show as an Icon" is not checked) but nothing makes
any difference!  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

When I try this with other document types (eg AutoCad) everything works as
expected.

PS: the cell reference to the inserted Acrobat document is: =EMBED("Acrobat
Document","").  Shouldn't the file path show up in the formula?

Office 2003, Acrobat 6.0 Pro , on WinXP Pro.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
noThanks8692 (108)
10/3/2005 9:22:40 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The =EMBED("Acrobat Document","") appears OK, that's what I get with the
display. Have you tried the same with Acrobat 7.0 Reader loaded? (I seem
to recall something about an incompatability with Acrobat 6.0)

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

Fractions created in Word Windows do not display properly in Word Mac
We are a small Mac based company that deals with legal documents. The niche software that we use to create the legal documents is PC only and uses macros to create the documents directly in Word 2000 for Windows. The documents contain fractions (generally just 1/2) that are always displayed as an underscore when opened in Word X Mac (and all previous Word incarnations). I always believed that this was a font issue, BUT fully expected it to go away under OS X. The problem has not been fixed in the most recent version of Word X Mac 10.1.4. Today, just for the heck of it, I opened one of these ...

Dots running across table. Help!
I've created a table with one row and one column, but later I added a second row. When I added text to the second row, suddenly the last row moved to the next page, even though Print Preview showed that there was enough room for the row and text. When I tried to move that row back to its original position, I notice black dots on either side of the table, which act like a page break. I can't get the row and text back to its original page. What do I do? What's going on? Is there a way to get rid of the dotted lines so that I can place the last row with the rest of ...

Display Name #3
How can i change a display name that show up in the mail "from".. ? If it's your user, and you're using Exchange: Find the User in AD, and then either select 'Properties', 'General' - change the details here. It may take and hour or two before you see the changes from Exchanges point of view. Oliver "Durby vend" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ekdoOnsDHHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can i change a display name that show up in the mail "from".. ? > And do not forget to update profile on user&...

I need some help with a worksheet Function (Lookup?)
Hi, I have a question. I am trying to put together a worksheet with few different functions and I need some help because I can�t seem t figure it out. I will try to describe the best I can what I am tryin to do. Okay I have a list of material (example, �-20, �-20, 1-30, M-130 M-114) there are about 18 different materials altogether. Okay each o these represent a different SIZE, for example �-20 = .2458, �-20 .4520, M-130 = .330 So each material has its own size. Now I have the materials listed in column on a second page of the spreadsheet with the sizes listed in a adjacent column with t...

Please Help URGENT
This user cannot dismiss/Deleted recurring appointments and cannot also create any recurring appointments either. There are tons of duplicats of recurring appointments which were never created by him. He is running OL2000 and Exchange 2003 Server SBS. He is alone having this issue. I tried the Mdbvu32.exe but no luck. This is the error message logged in Event Viewer: Event Source: EXCDO Event ID:8199 Please advise. MC. Hi, maybe this one? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310440 you may backup the sysemstate of the box before making any changes. cheers, Andy ...

Suppressing display when running macros.
How can I suppress the display of operations (ie stop flashing) when running a macro, especially one that accesses more than one worksheet? Hi Harry, Try: Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Your Code Application.ScreenUpdating = True --- Regards, Norman "Harry Audus" <Harry Audus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1A422B4-4F52-48D9-8064-31D737F83966@microsoft.com... > How can I suppress the display of operations (ie stop flashing) when > running > a macro, especially one that accesses more than one worksheet? ...

Help with formula please.
Hi, I have the following formula set up on a sheet called 'Wow' =IF(Wow!A1="90 / 63 reducer", Wow!B1) What I would like to add (in plain speak) is if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 90 / 75 reducer, enter B1 into sheet 4 cell A4. At the end of the day, what im after is the following: If on Wow sheet, cell A1 says '90 / 75 reducer', enter Wow sheet B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A20, but if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 'sleeve', enter B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A50, but if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 'outlet', enter B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A100. I hope ...

How to store jpg in a database for use in another sheet #3
Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and le them show in another sheet when entering a specific key -- Marc Willems ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marc Willemse's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=164 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187045633 ...

Hyperlink to a scanned document
My hyperlink control will not open a picture file. The picture file is opened by MS Picture Manager when the file name is double clicked in windows explorer but when the hyperlink with the correct path is clicked the picture manager opens with a message that there are no pictures in the selected locations. It all works fine for a WORD or rtf file but not for jpeg, bmp or gif files. Would appreciate knowing how to fix this. I have many scanned documents needing to be linked, one to each record in the Db. Thanks you for your consideration. You may need to associate the other file types wi...

Excel Programming Help.........
I have written an excel spreadsheet. There are six columns which signify the days of the week on one worksheet. I have an allotment to use per week. Sometimes my weeks are made up of 6 days, sometimes 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1. I have successfully written the program to spread the allotment among the correct number of days. Sometimes the day itself varies. Example, Sat, Mon, Tue or Sat, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri or Wed, Thur, Fri. I have included these calculations as well. And the allotment is equally split among the days. Now I wish to be able to assign variable percents to each day, so that...

Auto-shutdown
Hi All, One of my user is having problem with his Outlook 2000. He launch its Outlook but it will auto-shutdown. I have tried using the /safe switch but it is still the same. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks a lot. Thank you, Alex What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? If you log on as a different user on the same computer does it still happen? Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD...

HELP! My Outlook backup.pst file wants a password that doesn't exi
My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD. I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file but it asks for a password. It doesn't let me advance leaving it blank and it doesn't accept my POP3 email password. When I created the file I left the password field blank. I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up a new POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails some of which I really need. How can I get my emails? "Jeff Meeusen" <JeffMeeusen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

clicked "replace with an exisiting document and lost project
Would love to find out how to retrieve the original document. In error I clicked "replace with an existing document and lost project. If you didn't save a copy of the original document elsewhere, then it's gone. Any chance you emailed to someone before overwriting it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "thirdworld" <thirdworld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27604D28-0D6E-4108-B759-63CF6E573CC1@microsoft.com... > Would love to find out how to retrieve ...

Internet Help
Hello. I have a question that is making me pull my hair out, and is quite bad for my monitor and keyboard's health, not to mention the black cloud that has formed over my house for the last two days. I'm trying to write a very simple application that pulls a web page off my server every n minutes. The purpose of the program is to report an ip address of a dynamically assigned internet connection to a known ip address, thereby letting the person who is travelling remote control his/her machine. I copied and pasted off the net a couple of examples that seem to work just fine, except ...

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

Printing a Publisher 2002 document in color
I can't figure out why a new file I created in Publisher 2002 doesn't print in color on my HP Deskjet printer. Other Publisher documents I've created in the past are printing in color. I've even set the main default preferences on the printer for color. Any ideas? Thanks! No idea whatsoever, as this will not be an issue of Publisher, it will be an issue of your printer driver. See if HP have a later version of the printer driver on their website for download. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jon <anonymous@discussi...

Bar data not displaying
I am trying to create a bar chart that refers to a set of cells which are calculating the remaining time after subtracting the differences between beginning and end times from a static time value (1:15) using the following formula: =IF(AND(COUNT(D9:DL9)<>0,COUNT(D9:DL9)=COUNT(D8:DL8)),$B$2-(SUM(D9:DL9)-SUM(D8:DL8)),B2) The B2 cell refers to the static time of 1:15 that is formated as h:mm. If there is no start and end time values in the range and therefore the cell is assigned a IF-FALSE value of 1:15, when the bar chart is created there is no bar value displayed in the chart. If...

401K help . . .
Hi: I have set up my paycheck info to automatically transfer funds into my 401k account (deductions before taxes). This money is transfered to my broker account as cash. Now that I have my broker statement, I add shares and the price as in the statement. But looking into my brokers account I see the shares I bought along with the price AND I also have all of the cash contributions from my checks. Now my 401k account balance is overinflated with both the shares I manually entered and the cash transactions. How do I make that cash account deposit become the shares I purchased? The e...

How to remove the cell reference in a sheet at once
Hi, I have a sheet where there are many cells are fix (reference cells) using the F4 key. Is there any way i can remove the effect of the F4 without going to each formula and them keep pressing F4 to remove the reference??? With formulas like =$A$1+$B$1 and pulled down for 30 cells, I used Edit > Find > $ > replace with "nothing" > OK HTH Regards, Howard "The Greek" <izzalzurba@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c97e7e60-2fc9-44e6-8411-977ad6c7f3fb@v29g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a sheet where there are many ...

How can I change word spacing in an entire document at once
here is what my word docs do.... They may be looking at the same thing, but they each h ave very different interests. Jenny is studying it closely. She is telling herself that her interest is academic, but that might n ot be the whole story here is what it should look like: thirty five years old with sandy hair that just might be starting to thin at the back and a waist that is just a bit thicker than he would like I want to fix the entire doc at once It looks like you're saying you want to replace one text with an entirely differen...

How ger a value of the one sheet based in a text in other sheet.
I have two excel workbooks with different data, but a column with the same information in them exists. As I obtain a value of one of books basing to me on the value thatexists in the common column? It sounds like =vlookup() or =index(match()) would work ok. Visit Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html for nice instructions. Carcastel wrote: > > I have two excel workbooks with different data, but a column with the same > information in them exists. As I obtain a value of one of books basing to me > on the value thatexists in the common column...

Help !!! Deleting rows in protected document ?!?
i locked certain cells in my excel worksheet ... and for the locking to work .... i need to protect the document ... in the protect options ... i allowed deletion of rows ... but then ... when i try to delete after protecting the document ... it will say "cannot delete rows with locked cell" anyone knows how to resolve ?!?!?!?!?! Hi I use a procedure which makes various adjustments on protected sheet. The procedure is started by user from button on one worksheet, but the same code can be implemented into workbooks Open event too. On worksheet with data, in one column the use...

How can i use data from multiple sheets in a formula?
im trying to get a sheet for all my sales across 12 months. i want it to be the 13th sheet and have cumulative data for the year, then use this as a template for other salespeople. How can i do this? what commands? thanks. =SUM(Janurary:December!A1) Assuming your sheets are labeled by the month this will total all the data in cells A1. You have to make shure that sheet13 is not between the 12 monthly sheets or it will be totaled also. Hope it helps. -- goober ------------------------------------------------------------------------ goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

lost document password
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I lost the passwords to 3 documents that I want to open. Is there a way to do this or a location on my computer where the passwords are stored for MS Word documents? Thanks. The point of passwords is to make them secure for opening them without the password. You probably can find products for sale on the "net" that purport to be able to "crack" the password protection but I'm not sure I'd trust those companies with my credit card number. --rms www.rmschneider.com ...