Help! #5

How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without
setting the autofilter for all the columns?

Any help much apreciated.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select your columns (including headers) and apply autofilter.

Anyway, since autofilter filters out data by hiding rows, columns not
included in autofilter wil also be hidden.

(please excuse my hefty english)

--
AP

"Pat Watson" <pat.n.watson@baesystems.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
4496a1e0$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net...
> How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without
> setting the autofilter for all the columns?
>
> Any help much apreciated.

0
ardus.petus (319)

Upgrading from 5.5 standard to Ent
I'm going to be upgrading from 5.5 standard to 5.5 Ent to remove the 16GB DB limit. So, it seems like all I have to do is take the 5.5 Ent CD and run the setup program to 'upgrade' my current setup - do I have to re-install sp4 afterwards? Thanks Tito The answer is yes. There are hundreds of files that are over written in the upgrade process. You need to reinstall the service packs and any security patches for Exchange. "Tito" <tito@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23ojfnkPuDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm going to be upgrading from 5.5 sta...

URGENT HELP
This morning when I try to open money I get the message "We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error and will have to restart." I don't even get to the point where it opens the data file when I get this message. I have tried rebooting. Also I have changed nothing on my PC since last night when it was working . Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Fiddle wrote: >This morning when I try to open money I get the message >"We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error and will >have to restart." >I do...

Please Please Help Me New To Excel
okay i'll do my best to ask this question. I have this spread sheet I've beentrying to figure out It has the number 5 in I6, then in J6 the formula =I6/10*21 This spread sheet is to show us the current number of sales we have now and based on todays date what we are on pace to hit by the end of the month(Octobers projected sales finish) So, what I want to know is why does it say 10*21. I know that the "21" stands for the number of business days in the month (21 days in October), but what does the 10 represent??? I looked at another spread sheet from last month, ...

Cannot Send e-mail #5
I've contacted my service provider and gone through the trouble-shooting with four seperate operators and they all said my settings were correct, but that they couldn't solve the problem. I am using Outlook Express 6 and xp sp2 When I send an e-mail the error message I recieve is: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'allihewitt@comcast.net'. Subject 'hi', Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 #5.1.0 Add...

Please Help with Formula!
Hello, I am a new user and I am having great difficulty in figuring out something. I have a dataset in Excel with first names, last names, states, cd sales total cost by state... and I am I started a new worksheet cales total sales y state. Now, in this new sheet I want have the states copied over and in the B2 cell I want to write a formula that will enable me to have the total cost from O2:O112 cells ("Total Sales") to be sumed up by each state with absolute references. How would I do this? Example I am currently using =SUMIF(Demographics!F2:F112, "AK", Demographics!O2:O...

Count Number of times Database is viewed
I have an Access 2000 Database that is read only with a Database Password. I have been asked to provide the number of times that Users are accessing the Database in a given oeriod. I have found VB code that will allow me to monitor changes to a database, using the Users Password. Is there a way I can simply collect the number of times the Database is accesed? Can you help? -- John Sorry but the forum you posted in is a Great Plains (GP) forum....try an Access forum. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks ...

how to remove Exchange 5.5 server that is defunct
I have serached the KB for articles that will explain how i go about removing the last/first 5.5 exchange server from our 2003 environment when the server is defunct. The tools all seem to need the 5.5 exchange system manager to be run but the 5.5 server went pop some time ago. Does anyone know how I do this? thanks all, jON see the follpwing articale http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 -- "Jon Rowlan" wrote: > I have serached the KB for articles that will explain how i go about > removing the last/first 5.5 exchange server from our ...

Report help 10-04-07
Hi, I have a table with customers and orders. It looks something like: Date / Customer / Order 1/07 / James / Stapler 2/07 / James / Paperclips 3/07 / James / Post-Its Is there a way to create a report so that it out puts all the orders for one customer into one summary field like so? Customer / Order James / Stapler, Paperclips, Post-Its Thanks! James wrote: >I have a table with customers and orders. It looks something like: > >Date / Customer / Order >1/07 / James / Stapler >2/07 / James / Paperclips >3/07 / James / Post-Its > >Is there a way to create a r...

Getting debug assertion error when calling GetModuleFileName
I use GetModuleFileName in the following way. CString strAppPath; GetModuleFileName(AfxGetApp()->m_hInstance, strAppPath.GetBuffer(_MAX_PATH), _MAX_PATH); This is failing in my VC++ 6 dll. Why? I am using MFC in the dll already so I don't understand what triggers this problem? All I am trying to do is get the VB equivalent for App.path for my VC++ dll. Thanks Ali What exactly is the failure you are experiencing? "Ali Syed" <alijsyed@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:26c82868.0307110640.74b9c54b@posting.google.com... > I use GetModuleFileName in the following...

New user on OSX now Office wants key codes
Running a G4 with 3 users all using Microsoft Office no problems, email all works fine Need to install a new user for the machine. But all Microsoft applications now want all the key codes like a new registration. What file/folder do I need to change access privlages or something to make the new user able to use software already installed and registered on the machine please. HELP! Sorted by code removal at Admin level then reinput code when word boots up. Now works with all users ...

removing a user from exchange 5.5, file size issue
If I just remove info from inside their inbox in outlook, their mailbox size would remain the same size. If I delete the user all together from exchange administrator, would this make the overall file size on exchange server come down? Not as I understand it. As long as you empty the "deleted Items folder when you exit, you will, in fact, reduce the size of their mailbox. The size of the data store files will only come down if you do an off-line defrag. Like most databases I've worked with, the empty space (white space) is re-used by Exchange. From what I've seen and read, you ...

Help needed with message broadcast?
Hi, I have created my own class to get the system CPU usage in percent. The class has it's own thread and monitors the CPU every seconds or so. Now, my CDialog class needs to know when a certain threshold is reached. So I want my CPU class to broadcast a message to say 'CPU Threshold reached' and my CDialog to receive that event rather than checking all the time with the class if the threshold was reached. How would I go about doing that? Does the CPU class need to explicitly post a message to the CDialog class? How can I get the CDialog to listen to the messages broadcasted by...

help with lookup #2
I have a workbook made of 2 sheets. Sheet1 has a list of dates down column B (starting at row 4). Thes dates are in chronological order. Sheet2 has a list of anniversaries down Column C (starting at C1) tha are also in chronological order, with a text entry for each date in th adjacent cell in column D. I want my spreadsheet to automatically report into column D of sheet the text entries from column D of sheet2 alongside the appropriat date. In other words, Sheet1!$B$4 contains 1/Jan/2004 Sheet2!$C$1 contains 1/Jan/2004 Sheet2!$D$1 contains New Years Day I want my spreadsheet to reco...

Reworking an old database
I am working on a database that was originally designed and built in 2000 by someone who was just learning Access. One issue that I am faced with is how to handle an oversight and correct it without endangering the contents of the database. The Staff table has a primary key of a person's Initials and includes the following essential fields: FirstName, LastName, and Title. The Title field contains the individual's current position in the firm, and the table contains duplicate text values. I want to change this field to a numeric and link it to a table that contains t...

Newbie needs help writing a function
Hey all, I am trying to write a function for a Module. Here is my code: Public Function fncModelNo(OptionKey As Variant) Dim ModelNo As Variant ModelNo = Left([OptionKey], InStr([OptionKey], ".") - 1) Debug.Print ModelNo End Function When I try to run this I receive a Compile error: Argument not optional. What help tells me is that I am probably missing an argument on part of my code, unfortunately I seemed to not be able to find it. If I put just the Left(**********) as an expresion on a query, then the code works, but I am trying to place the code in ...

Help with SQL Statement for pivot table
I'm trying to put a sql statment from an access query into a pivot table query builder. I built the query in access then took the sql view and tried to put it into the excel query builder -- not working. Access put dbo_ in front of all of the table names so I took that out but it's got other problems too. Not sure how the date range should be specified and I wanted it to search a text field for the word "implant". In access I did this by specifying *implant* but sql doesn't seem to like it. Here's the statement: SELECT ApptPending.CreateDate, ApptPending....

Help! Messy-looking "pie chart"!!!
Because a few of my pie chart segments (or is that sectors?!) are very small percentages, the literals are overwriting each other. I once saw an example of a pie chart where lines miraculously appeared to separate the literals out of the way, but I can't find what setting does all this that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Meriel With the chart selected, choose Chart>Chart Options On the Data Labels tab, add a check mark to 'Show leader lines' Click OK Click on one of the labels, to select all the labels Click on one of the crowded labels, to select it Drag that label slightly ...

Microsoft CRM 4.0 as a help desk software
Hi All, I'd like to know if MS CRM can be use as a Help desk support website or not ? the scenario will be like: a user browse to support page hosted by CRM 4.0 and then entering the details to send to an email. after that the email is then inserted into database and based on a problem nature selection, the email is forwarded into a responsible person in my organisation. can MS CRM 4.0 does that ? Thanks url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1265-1.aspx Yes you can use that as help desk. You need to do some development work, if you dont want to use hosted solution. else hosted need u...

Exchange 5.5 "impersonation" error in a Win2k3 AD Domain
Hello, A customer is getting the following error when trying to modify a mailbox on an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000, in a mixed mode Win2k3 AD Domain: Either a required impresonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid. ID no: 0xc0020542 Any ideas for me? Thanks, Troy ...

Need BLANK template for brochure 2 fold 8.5 x 11 inch paper???
Where can I find blank templates for a 2 fold brochure printed on standard letter sized paper? If you really want a blank, then just choose "2 pages per sheet" or "Book fold" under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "womanatwork" <womanatwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E0D0EB4-86E5-4E2C-A083-C7854A74201D@microsoft.com... > Where can I find blank templates for a 2 fold brochure printed ...

SMTP Relaying Help
SMTP Relaying Help I am trying to configure an exchange server to relay email, and it seems that all I get in response is the following: Action: failed Status: 5.7.1 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com Can anyone help me with this. what version of Exchange, and how did you do this? "NewGuy" <netlister@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#MNTbfKYFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > SMTP Relaying Help > > > > I am trying to configure an exchange server to relay email, and it seems > that all I get in response is the fol...

Posting Help!
I open up the following: Transactions - Purchasing - Manual Payments Payment Number, Date, Vendor ID, Payment Method, Checkbook ID, Document Number and Amount have all been filled in. When I click Post, I get an error message saying "Transaction posting is not allowed." Can someone please tell me why this error is coming up and how I can fix it? Thanks your system has been setup to disallow transaction posting save the transaction to a batch and then post that batch. HS "JPS" <JPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59A660AE-9077-493C-8AE9-A...

help with windows media player 11
I have Windows XP Media Center 2002 on my computer and have done all the updates that windows update will let me. I tried to download Windows Media Player 11, and I can't get it to install. It keeps telling me to download the Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center 2005, which I tried and it told me it wouldn't install it because I needed 2005 to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 22:08:01 -0800, anitsirk24 <anitsirk24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Windows XP Media Center 2002 on my computer and h...

Position history for new employee
Hi!! I want to keep 1st position for new employee in history. Currently in GP is not tracking the 1st position in to history. How it will possible. Thanks in Advance Sunil ...

Event ID 8279 (x5) every 5 minutes and 8197 (x1) every 25 minutes.
Hi, I read and tried everything that "You Had Me At EHLO" wrote about the FBPublish and the 8197 error, and I still have this issue. (Also read Technet, KB and countless exchange blog). After enabling more logging parameters, the Event Viewer began to receive 5 EventID 8279 every 5 minutes. Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8279 Description: 1. Error opening private store hr = 80040111 2. Unable to open default private store hr = 80040111 3. Error creating query sessions for VM hr = 80040111 4. Error opening private ...