Headers to remian visible

Have set up a master "Job's Completed List" listing all my different
jobs with various headers for various bits of information for those jobs.
The page is set up with 8 headers going across the top of the page and
the invoice numbers go down the right side of the page.

I would like to have these headers to remain visible on my work sheet at
all times. Right now I have scrolled down of the sheet and thus the
headers disappear. Makes for guess work and possible mistakes when
entering information into the proper column.
0
slaz (17)
10/31/2005 2:05:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select the leftmost cell below the header row, i.e. if row one has the
headers select B1, then do windows>freeze panes

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"theslaz" <slaz@home.com> wrote in message
> Have set up a master "Job's Completed List" listing all my different
> jobs with various headers for various bits of information for those jobs.
> The page is set up with 8 headers going across the top of the page and
> the invoice numbers go down the right side of the page.
>
> I would like to have these headers to remain visible on my work sheet at
> all times. Right now I have scrolled down of the sheet and thus the
> headers disappear. Makes for guess work and possible mistakes when
> entering information into the proper column.

0
terre081 (3244)
10/31/2005 2:11:29 PM
Peo Sjoblom wrote:
> Select the leftmost cell below the header row, i.e. if row one has the
> headers select B1, then do windows>freeze panes

Thanks; works great. Had a bit of a problem finding "Windows/Freeze
Pains" Dah!!
0
slaz (17)

How to Filter a column & Indent all but the 1st header record
Hello I am filtering on column 1 6 times and than indenting column 3 a specific number of times depending on the criteria in column 1. Ex. If the criteria is 1 than I indent 2 times and ifthe criteria is I indent 4 times. I have supplied the code I am using below. It works fine except for indenting row 1 all the time. The issue is that I don't want row 1 ever indented and the way I have the code it is getting indented. How can I use the attached code and just not select row 1 on the indent.....as I want all rows it filtered to be indented except row 1. Thanks &#...

Printing headers on all pages except the first
How can I print headers in a workbook on every page except the first when the first worksheet is more than one page? If you use the top rows of your spreadsheet as the header that is simple. start with say a page break before row 50 (set in row 50), Then file, page setup, sheets, rows to repeat at top: $50:$50 of course you will not be able to freeze the rows to see the column headers at that point for display because the must be first row(s) at the top. Does that suffice. If it has to be the real headers then you print only the first page with a macro, insert the headers in t...

How to print one header over several columns of data
I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? Format>Cells>Aligment>Horizontal>Center across selection? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:19:00 -0700, column title print <column title print@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? ...

Change the header columes back to letters not numbers
Some how I have change my columns to numbers instade of letters. I have seach the internest as well as the help in excel and I can not find my answer. Can someone help me? All I need to do is change my header columes back to letters not numbers. Help Hi Richard Tools>options>General and untick the R1C1 notation -- Regards Roger Govier "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A285C136-56DA-4BAA-A412-41947E8F074F@microsoft.com... > Some how I have change my columns to numbers instade of letters. I > have seach > the internest ...

named cell referenced in header
I would like to have a cell (company_name) on the first worksheet be referenced within all the headers in the workbook. How do I do this? Using code, you would paste this in a workbook module: Code: -------------------- Sub setHeader() Dim mySht As Variant Dim i As Integer For Each mySht In Worksheets mySht.PageSetup.LeftHeader = _ Format(Worksheets("SetUp").Range("A1").Value) Next End Sub -------------------- When run what this will do is paste whatever value is on a sheet named "Setup" in cell A1 to the left header of all the ...

How to view Header or Footer on screen in Excel
I would liek to know if there is any way of being able to view the header and/or footer in an Excel document on screen? File|Print preview??? Excel doesn't work like MSWord. (at least through xl2003, not sure about xl2007) Carolyn wrote: > > I would liek to know if there is any way of being able to view the header > and/or footer in an Excel document on screen? -- Dave Peterson Thanks. Yeah, i know about being able to see it in Print Preview or when the document is printed, but was wondering if there is a way of viewing it on screen when working on the document like W...

Border around header
How can I put a border around the header when it prints? Any help would be appreciated. Not sure how to do it to a header, but as an alternative, you could place your header information in the first few rows and format it as you need it. Then, from the sheet tab on File-Page Setup, choose those rows in the 'Rows to repeat at top' box. hth Gary "mato nanjin" wrote: > How can I put a border around the header when it prints? Any help would be > appreciated. > > If you're using xl2002 or higher, you could create a picture (nothing but borders) and...

Modify many row cell (header) to one column
I have a report that have 100 or so row header values - I would like to take each row header (text) and move them to one column. Example, I want to move B1 to A2, C1 to A3, D to A 4, so on and so forth... any easy solution for this? Thanks How about Copy followed by Edit |Pate Special - Transpose? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "darby" <darby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B55ED14E-7AAC-4957-8CB5-05B5B8C591B1@microsoft.com... >I have a report that have 100 or so row header values - I would like to >take...

Deleting header rows when cut and pasting from another program
When I cut and paste from another program into an excel spreadsheet I cannot use the CNTRL key to select just the data and the headings on the first page only. Everything is selected including the headers, page number,etc. when there are more than one pages being copied and pasted. Is there a macro that can be run to rid of these headings from subsequent pages? The Ctrl key by itself is not a shortcut key. If you mean Ctrl+A you are selecting everything ('cept in 2003) Usually to make a selection you hold the left mouse and drag through cells, rows, or columns; or you could tripl...

Error 3205
I have a query that worked fine for a while until now. Error #:3205 Too many crosstab column headers (300). How can I fix this error? Thank you! TRANSFORM Count(MainTable.CSENO) AS CountOfCSENO SELECT MainTable.DocketDate, MainTable.Type, Count(MainTable.CSENO) AS [Total Of CSENO] FROM MainTable WHERE (((MainTable.DocketDate) Between DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1) And DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,0))) GROUP BY MainTable.DocketDate, MainTable.Type PIVOT MainTable.Autonumber; >>How can I fix this error? Change the pivot. Autonumbers are unique...

E-mail header "New message
One POP3 user reports receiving e-mails from a Corporate user with headers on e-mails as "New message - Arabic (Windows). The message is readable but why it will show that header. Please help. Thanks, Miriam ...

Email template header footer
I have created an email template and saved it as a *.oft file, how would I set outlook to use this template whenever a new email is started. I am using outlook 2003, windows XP home. Outlook has no option to use an .oft file for all messages. You'd need = to run it on demand.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "chris" <some...

How to put in a header with Microsoft Office Word 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CAF066.978DE630 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Within a manuscript, where your name, title of book and page number goes on the top right hand side of every page except the very first one which shows your details, book title etc. I have been advised to use a header for this information so that the information does not move if more text is added within the main body of the manuscript. I am using Microsoft O...

using text from a cell in the header
Does anybody have a clue if and how I can use the text from a cell in the first line of each page in the header Thanks in advance Emiel (Holland) See one solution in .programming. Please don't post the same message in multiple newsgroups. It only fragments your answers, and potentially wastes the time of those replying to questions that have already been answered. If you're not sure which group is appropriate, cross-post by including both groups in the To: header. That way replies to one group will automatically be seen in the other. In article <D782D227-CBFB-4378-8F42-161...

How to do an ampersand in excel header and footer
I can't seem to get an & in my excel header. It disappears. Can anyone help me. Shauna Shauna, The & character is a special control character when used in headers and footers. To get an & to display, use two, &&. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "ExcelNewbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2267d01c45de3$6afc5e60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I can't seem to get an & in my excel header. It > disappears. > > Can anyone help me. > > S...

Shading Header / Footers and separating all rows with lines; weird whitespace
Hey All, I'm trying to create a simple report with no grouping and only a grand total line at the end. I placed a line control at the bottom of the detail section and the report footer section. This causes the whole report to appear as if the top/bottom borders were set in excel. Next I want to shade the grand total line. When I do this there is a 1 pixel (I think) line of whitespace between the line that ends the last detail record and the shading of the grand total (report footer). How can I remove this extra whitespace? I've tried setting CanShrink to yes. I've ...

A red X is printed instead of the logo at header
A red X is printed instead of the logo at header. However, the problem is resumed every times after restarted the machine. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RedX.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B11A362-F096-411A-8781-BF628ABAA15B@microsoft.com... >A red X is printed instead of the logo at header. However, the problem is > resumed every times after restarted the machine. > ...

ListView header columns
I have a silly question, in a list view in report mode with column headers enabled I am supporting sorting the items in the list view and would like to show the silly little up and down arrows indicating ascending or decending but I don't see any property related to having them displayed. Are they a custom drawn item or am I just missing the obvious? TIA Ron Ron Hall wrote: >I have a silly question, in a list view in report mode with column headers >enabled I am supporting sorting the items in the list view and would like to >show the silly little up and down arrows indicati...

link to cell in header or footer
what I like to do in Excel: - in any register for ex. "Register" I have included in cell "A1" text like "project ABC" - this text should be present in the header on top of the page when I print out - so I'm be able to change the header depends on the text in the cell I'm looking for any possibility to include this "=Register!A1" in the header Any idea? How can help? Robert If you put this small macro in worksheet code: Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Intersect(Range("A1"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Su...

Add sort order to custom header?
I have a spreadsheet that I would like to print out several ways with different sort orders, and I'd like folks to easily see the difference between the print outs in the header. Is it possible for me to add the sort order to a custom header? Either directly as a field to the custom header, or through some other way? Thanks, Laura ...

how to change header
My document has several chapters. How do I make the header to show the chapter title? Publisher doesn't support headers, only inasmuch it will insert page numbers. It is a manual operation. Long documents are best done in Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "H.Bui" <H.Bui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11123F55-8D1B-490F-81CA-882A4B4FBBB3@microsoft.com... > My document has several chapters. How do I make the header to show the > chapter title? Mary, Thanks for your...

Headers #2
Hi, Has anyone seen an issue where a forwarded message from one Outlook user to another comes through as an attachment but the headers are unavailable. The scenario is that an internet user sends mail to user1. User1 then forwards the message as an attachment to user2. User2 goes to the View --> Options menu but cannot see any headers from the original mail. It seems I have some users who can see the headers and other who cannot. Is there a setting somewhere? How can I make it so that people can see the headers from the original mail sent from another domain? Thanks, Dan Dan...

Excel Index of Worksheet Headers
I have a worksheet that is generated by Buisness Intellegience application. The report generates over 400 worksheets. I need a way to create an index that shows a combintation of both the worktab and the first two rows of each worksheet. Is that a possibility? Thanks, Jule EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Bspline Curves in c# http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b00bced6-eee5-4f5d-8bb9-19ccac9133ab/bspline-curves-in-c.aspx Julie Cook wrote: > I have a worksheet that is generated by Buisness Intellegience application. The report generates over 400 workshe...

Adding a Header in Publisher 2003 to upload to website HELP !
I am trying to add a header to a web page I am designing in Publisher 2003. i want a main title at the the top of each of my web Publisher pages. I currently have it set up on the first page with a animated .jpg file on the left side then the title in a text box then the same .jpg animated after the text box. When I go into to view published page the animated .jpg files are on both sides of the next box and they are moving. I now need to put this information on each page. In Word/PowerPoint I would use header/footer feature. Help feature in Publisher says go to View menu select Head...

Why does header in print view not print?
Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these headers. Header and footer viewable in print view. In print preview only footer is seen and this is all that prints. See if header contents have been inadvertently formatted as hidden (Font dialog box). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "cindywhite" <cindywhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2B2E67-50BF-4AA0-B051-E4D155C0FC0A@microsoft.com... > Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these > headers. Header and footer viewable in print ...