Having Formatting Remain on "Called" cell using IF function

I'm using an IF function to call some other cells, but I want to have
the various words color coded, eg ("Certified" is green, "Recertify" is
yellow, and "Not Certified" is red).  I have the IF function working
correctly, but when it "calls" the cell to have it display the
appropriate word, the color of each word is not brought along with
it...only the text.  Is there a way to be able to color code it so that
the appropriate color appears?  Thanks!

--
Zaraf
Zaraf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36291

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Format>Conditional Formatting

Zaraf wrote:
> I'm using an IF function to call some other cells, but I want to have
> the various words color coded, eg ("Certified" is green, "Recertify" is
> yellow, and "Not Certified" is red).  I have the IF function working
> correctly, but when it "calls" the cell to have it display the
> appropriate word, the color of each word is not brought along with
> it...only the text.  Is there a way to be able to color code it so that
> the appropriate color appears?  Thanks!
>

> --
> Zaraf
> Zaraf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36291
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=570060

0
npursley (7)
8/9/2006 6:52:50 PM
Thank you!  That worked :)  Never even noticed that option there befor
:

--
Zara
Zaraf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3629
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57006

dtor not called
VS2008 SP1. WinXP x64 SP2. Compiled as 32-bit. I'm using the feature pack to update my GUI. When I close the app, my CMDIFrameWndEx derived class's destructor is not being called leaving a zombie process still running. What could be the explanation? Thanks, Drew On Feb 16, 1:59=A0pm, "Drew" <d...@dam.com> wrote: > VS2008 SP1. WinXP x64 SP2. Compiled as 32-bit. > I'm using the feature pack to update my GUI. When I close the app, my > CMDIFrameWndEx derived class's destructor is not being called leaving a > zombie process still runn...

OnDropFiles Not Called
Has anyone else run into this? I call DragAcceptFiles(TRUE) in my view's OnCreate() method. And when I drag files to my view window, I get the arrow with a plus sign, indicating the files can be accepted. And yet the WM_DROPFILES is never sent to my window. I implemented OnDropFiles() and it never gets called. I even tried overriding WindowProc and setting a breakpoint if the message equals WM_DROPFILES, and it never does. I'm a little stumped. Any ideas? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com Nevermind. It works fine when I run the EXE stand...

Is there any funtion which gets called when I click on the title bar of a dialog??
Hi all, After my MFC dialog gets displayed...........if I click on the desktop my dialog loses the focus.Once if I click on the title bar it regains the focus.The problem here is ,if I click on the dialog the tab gets set on the dialog.But as I am clicking on the title bar,the tab is not set & shortcut keys are not working. Note: The dialog has tabs. Can anybody suggest a funtion which gets called when I click on the Title Bar,so that I can set the tab & make short cut keys work. I am already using ONACTIVATE() to solve this tab problem in other scenarios,but this is not wor...

WM_ON_PAINT gets called too much
Hi there, I'm developing an application that requires multiple OpenGL windows within their own floating CDockablePane. I used examples from this article ( http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1358.asp) to create the OpenGL classes, (I had to convert the main class from being a CView to a CWnd, however) The CDockablePanes consist of a toolbar docked on the bottom and OpenGL window taking up the rest of the Pane. I am able to draw separate pictures in each window just fine. The problem I have is that WM_ON_PAINT is constantly being called, sucking all processor resou...

ExitInstance does not called
Hi, I have an MFC MDI application and I try to free some objects in CMyApp::ExitInstance() method. The problem is that the method is not called. Can someone suggest what might be the reason ? Yoav. quote from msdn: Do not call this member function from anywhere but within the Run member function. ////////////////////////////////// did you invoke the method that be overrided in run method. hope to help you "Yoavo" wrote: > Hi, > I have an MFC MDI application and I try to free some objects in > CMyApp::ExitInstance() method. > The problem is that the method is not...

Returning an Array from a called function within a macro
How do I get a function to return an array. [I know that it should be doable since the various matrix functions return an array.] To be more precise I need to do this within a macro. I know how to do it at the spreadsheet level. I am running Excel 2004 on a MAC [OSX] Thanks Brujolito One way: Public Function foo() As Variant foo = Array(1,2,3,4,5) End Function You can then array-enter the function into, say A1:E1, =foo() to get the values 1->5 into those cells, or use =SUM(foo()) ===> 15 You can obviously get much more complicated... In article &...

Using Spy++ (VC6 on Win98) handler not called
I don't have much experience using Spy++. With my app running, I selected the app window with the find tool. I selected the one message I was interested in, and Spy++ shows that message being sent and returned by the window, yet the handler is never called (breakpoint never hit). What am I missing? here is the spy log: <00001> 00000450 S WM_ACTIVATEAPP fActive:True dwThreadID:FFE1A589 <00002> 00000450 R WM_ACTIVATEAPP <00003> 00000450 S WM_ACTIVATEAPP fActive:False dwThreadID:FFE1A589 <00004> 00000450 R WM_ACTIVATEAPP <00005> 00000450 S WM_ACTIVATEAPP fActive:...

Altering data that was called with LOOKUP
Hi, I have a list of data approx 9000 lines long (32 columns), and have a seperate sheet that allows a user to input a code. This then retrieves their data item using vlookup(). I would like to let the user then amend the contents of one of the fields, thus updating the original data list. Is this possible? thanks -- Lynxbci3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487545 It could be possible, ...

ann: obama called rod blago the day before the 2008 election!
Inthephonecallhedemandedthatoneofhisseniorcampainstaffersbegivenhisussenateseat! You are really a douche bag FYI "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b0258c70-e5aa-4a78-95d3-064e7de416d3@5g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Inthephonecallhedemandedthatoneofhisseniorcampainstaffersbegivenhisussenateseat! "Mr Baracuda" <baracuda@slim.ws> wrote in message news:4bd2a8f3@news.x-privat.org... > You are really a douche bag FYI > HEY DOUCHE BAG, IT'S JUST FYI. NOT FYI. JUST FYI. JUST FYI. THE REASON ...

Message Map functions called twice?
I am new to MFC and I created a dialog that uses a treectrl. In the tree control I created a function to get the child data when the user expands. But for some reason when I expand the tree the function is called twice and it tries to retrieve the data twice and I don't understand enough about message maps to understand what is going on. Is the message being generated twice?? If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. This is how it is declared in the message map: ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(TVN_ITEMEXPANDING, OnItemExpanding) I'm not sure about this particular function but most ...

Can a vbscript identify the program/process that called a vbscript
I would like to code a vbscript ("ActionScript.vbs") in such a way that it would do X, if ActionScript.vbs were called by "TriggerScriptA.vbs", but do something else if ActionScript.vbs were called by "TriggerScriptAB.vbs". Is there some way by which ActionScript.vbs could identify the program/process that called ActionScript.vbs? If the answer is "yes", that would be useful in many contexts. For example, it would be useful in the context of Hta programming, where (I think) a button (that calls a vbscript inside the Hta file) cannot se...

DllMain (with DLL_PROCESS_DETACH) called twice. Win32.
This is not MFC question. If you know for apropriate Win32 newsgroup, please let me know. I have created Win32 DLL project and when DLL was called from command line app (created for testing purposes) DllMain is being called once with ul_reason_for_call set to DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH and upon exit DllMain is being called twice with DLL_PROCESS_DETACH. Why? I have some initialisation code which was twice released, because of this. Btw, command line app is not loading DLL using LoadLibrary() API, but using DLL's .lib file included in Link tab under Project | Settings. Btw...

Is it called 'lookup?'
I know in Access you can have a pull-down list created from a Table, i your form. In Excel, you can create a list on sheet 1 (for example), and view tha list in sheet 2 via a pull-down. I have forgotten how to do this and would appreciate any help! Thanks, Ji ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You have to define the list on Sheet1 as named range, p.e. MyList On Sheet2, select the range you want drop-downs have in, and select from menu Data.Validation.List ...

Reflected CtlColor Not Called After Adding OnPaint Handler
I have a CStatic-derived class that I want to treat as a child of my CView-derived class. I want to draw some text on a slightly yellowed background. I added a reflected handler for CtlColor and returned a HBRUSH that's a class member created with CreateSolidBrush, and that worked just fine. The CStatic shows up as a rectangle colored just the way I want, as a child of the CView class. Now I add an OnPaint handler to the CStatic, and suddenly the CtlColor handler is no longer called. Experimenting, I added a call to CStatic::OnPaint() at the end of my OnPaint handler (despite the warn...

CInternetSession::OnStatusCallback() not called? Why?
Hi, I'm trying to write an FTP class which makes it easier to FTP than the underlying MFC classes but cannot make OnStatusCallback work - i.e. the derived CInternetSession::OnStatusCallback() implementation does not get called. (I've put a break in CInternetSession::OnStatusCallback() as well, and that isn't called either!) I've overridden CInternetSession::OnStatusCallback in my derived class: ..h -- void OnStatusCallback( DWORD dwContext, DWORD dwInternetStatus, LPVOID lpvStatusInformation, DWORD dwStatusInformationLength ); ..cpp ---- void CInternetSessionEx::OnSt...

CFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow called twice?
I am saving the position of my app window when the user exits and then reading it back in to place it where they left off. I am using PreCreateWindow in my CMainFrame to do this by setting the CREATESTRUCT. I then call the base class PreCreateWindow. PreCreateWindow is being called twice, is this because I call the base class in my override. This wouldn't be a problem except the size of the window keeps growing each time I run the app. I verified that the numbers saved are the same being read in and used to set CREATESTRUCT. Any idea why the window keeps growing? Thanks It is ...

Will FlushFileBuffers be automatically called on CloseHandle(hFile)?
To begin with code: HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(...); WriteFile(hFile, ...); ReadFile(hFile, ...); CloseHandle(hFile); My queston is: Can CloseHandle(hFile) make sure that all the cached data of hFile will be flushed to the disk? I googled it and found nothing. Hope someone can give me some tips. Thanks in advance. "xmllmx" <xmllmx@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187115960.104492.215250@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > To begin with code: > > HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(...); > WriteFile(hFile, ...); > ReadFile(hFile, ...); > CloseHandle(hFile); > >...

SetWaitableTimer/SetTimer call back is not getting called
I have created a worker thread using CreateThread() function. I created a Timer Event using CreateWaitableTimer. I set the timer event using SetWaitableTimer and I include a call back function to be called when the timer expired. However, I do not hit the call back function. Is there any special code I need to add for this? Here is the snippet from my code. void CreateSTEventsAndThreads() { DWORD IDThread; stThreadEvents[0] = CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE, FALSE, NULL); timerEvent = CreateWaitableTimer(NULL, FALSE, "WaitableTimer"); stThreadHandle = CreateThread(NULL, 0,...

DPM 2010 RC
On two test systems the DPRM Service (set to Manual by Default Install) fails to start when called. Resolution: Set to auto start and start the service or Manually start the service. Expected: Would expect that calls from the DPM server would succeed in starting the service. Any idea what could block a DPM server from starting the Service from the DPM server? No firewall or antivirus in the test. -- David Please check the DCOM launch/Activation permissions on the protected server? You can find it by launching dcomcnfg from an elevated command prompt-> ...

Position form near control that called it
Howdy: I would like to position a form (a calendar) near the control that issued a call to open the calendar form. So, wherever on my calling form there is a control that requires a date, the calendar form will open just beneath that control. Is this a job for MoveSize? Any examples around to show the way? I look forward to your input. Thanks, Barry "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B23F347F-C87D-4636-9237-5D101E7B629D@microsoft.com... > Howdy: > I would like to position a form (a calendar) near the control that issued ...

DoDataExchange never called?
Hello, I am creating a Dialog based application using MFC and I am having a difficult problem. For some reason, the DoDataExchange function that calls my DDX_Control functions is never being called and I am not sure why. I thought that it is always called by default? Thanks I apologize... I already found my solution.. Thanks Jon wrote: > Hello, I am creating a Dialog based application using MFC and I am > having a difficult problem. > > For some reason, the DoDataExchange function that calls my DDX_Control > functions is never being called and I am not sure why. I thou...

ANN
ANN - Your Pimp called and you owe $500. Pay up right away. Just FYI. Just FYI. JUST FYI! ...

PreTranslateMessage in the DLL is not called
Hi there. I have a strange thing in my code. I have a class which is derived from CEdit. In that class there is a PreTranslateMessage method. It is called when I compile this class in the Exe. But it is not never called when I compile this class as a DLL and load it dynamically by LoadLibrary and use the class. Please do you have any ideas what is wrong there? What is the difference of using derived class as a exe or as a dll? Thanks! German Koninin Is it a Regular DLL? Is the CEdit derived object in a modeless dialog? --- Ajay German Koninin wrote: > Hi there. > I have a stra...

How to put an XML called from an URL into a Recordset
Dear friends I'm using the below code that uses a fixed xml file like "news.xml" I would like to know how to put an XML called from an URL into a Recordset. Is there a way to read data from an URL? Something like http://www.xpto.com/news.xml Dim objRS Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") objRS.ActiveConnection = "Provider=MSDAOSP; Data Source=MSXML2.DSOControl.2.6;" objRS.Open(Server.MapPath("news.xml")) Robson Carvalho Machado wrote: > I'm using the below code that uses a fixed xml file > like "news.xml&quo...

Message which is called everytime a CFormView is created
Hallo, I have a program with a CSplitterWnd which divides 2 CFormViews. See link: http://wwwstud.fh-zwickau.de/~pafe/geb/1.jpg When I start the program the ListBox (CListView) on the right side gets filled in the method OnInitialUpdate(). When I navigate through the tree then the views on the right side are replaced. When I come back to the element, that displays the form with the List-Box, my ListBox is not filled with the data I provide in OnInitialUpdate. See link: http://wwwstud.fh-zwickau.de/~pafe/geb/2.jpg Now my question is: Where do I have to put the code (what message do I have to ...