Grey text prints as black..

I'm printing a page that has some text de-emphasized by using a grey font
colour.  Unfortunately when I print it comes out as black like the rest of
the text.

I looked for a setting in the Options and in the Print dialogs, but was
unable to see anything that said "allow grayscale" anywhere.

Suggestions anyone?

thanks...

R.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I have the same problem and have not yet found a solution. could it be a
configuration problem with the printer? Have you recently re-installed Excell?

Julien

"RGK" a écrit :

> I'm printing a page that has some text de-emphasized by using a grey font
> colour.  Unfortunately when I print it comes out as black like the rest of
> the text.
>
> I looked for a setting in the Options and in the Print dialogs, but was
> unable to see anything that said "allow grayscale" anywhere.
>
> Suggestions anyone?
>
> thanks...
>
> R.

0
Julien (9)
9/7/2005 10:03:05 AM
Hi Julien,
File,  Page Setup, Sheet, Print B&W   ---  means will remove interior color, and print font,
and borders in black.  Print Preview shows same as on  Printer (in black and white).
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#problems
---
HTH,

"Julien" <Julien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B0FFDCB-22AA-4ECA-A08A-398D78AC398F@microsoft.com...
> I have the same problem and have not yet found a solution. could it be a
> configuration problem with the printer? Have you recently re-installed Excell?
>
> Julien
>
> "RGK" a �crit :
>
> > I'm printing a page that has some text de-emphasized by using a grey font
> > colour.  Unfortunately when I print it comes out as black like the rest of
> > the text.
> >
> > I looked for a setting in the Options and in the Print dialogs, but was
> > unable to see anything that said "allow grayscale" anywhere.
> >
> > Suggestions anyone?
> >
> > thanks...
> >
> > R.

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Barcode printing to serial port
I have an old thermal label printer and its connected via a serial port how do i change the font on a serial port or send an object to the printer so that the barcode will print ...

Print all records on Form
I am having a problem. I created a main form that filters many different options and then opens another form. From there the user can double click any record to get more detail, but I would like to also give them the option to print only the records on the form as well in a report. But everytime I click the button to print the report all the records from the query print. Not just my filtered records. Can anyone help me? Thanks! You can apply the form's filter to the report by putting code like this in the Click event procedure of a command button on your form: Dim strW...

Printing Structures
Does Anyone Have A Solution For Printing The Structure Of A Table To The Printer Or Even Text File...dbase used to just let you list structure to print... On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 07:41:01 -0700, dmills <dmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Check out Database Documenter in the menu. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Does Anyone Have A Solution For Printing The Structure Of A Table To The >Printer Or Even Text File...dbase used to just let you list structure to >print... ...

Text to Date
I have been given a database dump (thousands of rows) that put the dates in a text format like this: Aug/11/2009 Is there any way to put this into a date format? Even if it means creating a new field breaking it up and doing some extra steps. Thanks. Change to appropriate cell reference: =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",", ")) -- Best Regards, Luke M "PAL" <PAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E5E64F4-8B6A-44D5-95C9-8FD45A326DB3@microsoft.com... >I have been given a database dump (thousands of rows) that put the da...

How do I make a shadow behind a text box in Publisher
In an older version of Publishe, I remember you could go to Format and choose this option, however no I don't see the option and can only find how to make a shadow on the text itself, not the text box. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Highlight the text, then go to Format > Font and check the "Shadow" option under Effects. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "gocats1127" <gocats1127@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How do I specify text colour in an Excel function
I would like to specify text colour of the output from an if statement You can use conditional formatting to color the text based on the IF condition...but not just with a formula.. If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Wolf" wrote: > I would like to specify text colour of the output from an if statement > I would like to specify text colour of the output from an if statement "Conditional formatting" is one way to alter text color conditionally. I'm unaware of a way to do it using an IF() formula in the cell itself. ...

Can Comments be automatically converted to text cell values?
I have a large number of cells with Comments. I'd like to basically convert the Comments to text values in cells (in a column right next to the cells that have the Comments). Is there a function or other tool for doing this in Excel 2000? Hi Tom, You can use a User Defined Function to do that. Cell Comments http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#mycomment --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "t...

Printing Parts Of A Spreadsheet
Let's say I have a moderately sized spreadsheet, 100 rows by 24 columns. Let's say that the first five columns contain data that is not going to change (the annual budget). And the next 12 are going to have data put in month by month. And the next seven are going to be summed and processed data from the previous 12 columns. The spreadsheet will then have an entire year's worth of data on a single worksheet. Printing the whole spreadsheet is fine for the accounting department beancounters. But now I want a summary sheet for the suits on mahogany row. Basically what I wan...

Header missing when printing email.
Lately, when I print an email I sent by replying to someone, the To, From, Date, Subject and other lines above the message do not print? Basharat. This is a known issue when printing HTML formatted messages after IE7 has been installed. You can work around it on an individual message by selecting scale to fit, or fiddling with margins, but I don't know of an overall fix except (I assume) upgrading to Outlook 2007. -Peter "Basharat A. Javaid" <bjavaid@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OgO7yA$QHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Lately, when I print an email ...

white corners left while printing coloured background
WHEN I PRINT COLOUR BACKGROUND IN A WORD DOCUMENT WHITE CORNERS ALWAYS REMAIN ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM CORNERS OF THE FILE ...

Exporting numbers from Sql Server to Excel becomes text
I'm exporting data using SSIS to an excel file. The numbers keep coming across as text, which then requires me to create another worksheet that refers to the text numbers, and converts them into numbers (so charts can use them). It seems Excel wants numbers to be unsigned floats or something like that, which is how I've got them defined by a conversion module. Any ideas? ...

typing text from top to botton?
Is it possible for the text to be typed from top to botton in publisher? Yessenia wrote: > Is it possible for the text to be typed from top to > botton in publisher? ======================== Try using a narrow, vertical textbox with center alignment. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Increase notes font, text doesn't autofit into placeholder
In the Notes Master page, I resized text to 24-point so that I can actually see the notes when standing up. The notes (outside of Notes Master) resizes alright, but the autofit-text option is disabled. I don't relish the idea of going through each slide page to turn it back on. Neither do I enjoy the prospect of having to do this repeatedly whenever I change font sizes. Is there a switch or text box property I can set in the Notes Master page to turn on the switch by default for all the slide pages? I can manually override (if ever needed) on a page-by-page basis. I am usi...

Windows7 Media Palyer-printing Song Lists
Is there a way to print the variopus songs lists I've created? If so, how? The Winter Fun Pack 2003 contains the Media Info Exporter plug-in. This plug-in can export playlists to other applications such as Word, Excel, or IE, from which you can print the exported playlist. Download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/wm_winterfun.mspx Although the Fun Pack is specifically aimed at WMP 9 Series, the plug-in should still work on most recent WMP versions. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/mediainfoexp.aspx for m...

Control Tip Text
I have a form with a control in it called 'Reference'. The form is a continuous form and the control 'Reference' has differing 'Services' attached to it. I wanted the Control Tip Text on the 'Reference' control to be the 'Service' control. The coding below does this in part: Private Sub Reference_GotFocus() Me.Reference.ControlTipText = Me.Service End Sub The problem I have is the Control Tip Text is only that which relates to the 'Reference' control that is currently selected. Is there any way of changing the focus so that when a ...

Workbook Printing
I am aware that to print a 'worksheet', you can modify your prin options for that worksheet, such as landscape, portrait etc., usin File>Page Setup. Is there an option whereby you can default the 'whole' workbook for specific page setup, so that when printing the worksheets they prin out in the same format -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Group your sheets (right click on a tab and select Select All Sheets) and then use File / Page Setup to set them all up together. -- Andy. "JulianB >" <<JulianB.1509r7@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Outlook unable to save print settings
I have a Outlook user that, when she chooses to print via File, print I get the following message; Unable to save the print settings. Make sure that c:\winnt\microsoft\outlook\outlprnt exists and can be written to". It she clicks on the print icon within outlook it prints fine. I have verified the file and user rights. Any ideas are welcome! ...

Report printing on HP laser
I have MS POS. In report printing most of reports are printed in portrait orientation but some of them, ie. Price List, prints in landscape and I have to go to HP printer property to change the orientation every time. On print preview it is in landscape. This happens even with only one column printing. Are there some embedded code ? I tried to open the xml file in file folder but not available for edit. ...

Pivot Table with Text #2
Is it possible to have a pivot table return a non-arithmetic value? What I have done is create a table of Date, Day, Week, Month, Year, Name 1, Name 2, Name 3, Name 4. The pivot table has the days across the top (Monday, Tuesday, ...), with rows being "weeknum"bers (26, 27, 28), and page controls being month and year. So what I am after is filling in the name fields with peoples names (Mary, Joe, Steve, ...), and having them display in the days of the week that they have scheduled to work. Is this possible? Dave Nelson You can put text in the Page field, row field, or ...

Printing titles
I'm using Excel XP and I am unable to use the Print title Repeat rows it is greyed out all the time. I have tried several machines and different files. Help please!! Are you getting there by using menu, File, Print, Page Setup, Sheet Tab? "Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021101c3de76$0de69bb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Excel XP and I am unable to use the Print title > Repeat rows it is greyed out all the time. I have tried > several machines and different files. Help please!! Martin, This may be because you'v...

Print Preview B&W
My print preview is also in B&W. Before installing Pub 07 it was fine. My color/grayscale icon is "non-clickable." ANY IDEAS? Yes. I assume you have an HP printer. this is a known bug and I reported it back in January. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Cybertyper" <Cybertyper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E331BA-70BD-4C6B-98B9-9D69E2B81108@microsoft.com... > My print preview is also in B&W. Before installing Pub 07 it was fine. > My > color/grays...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Converting TEXT to DATE #2
Evening I have two simalar issues. 1) I have a column of text that represents the date but is entered as text. The entry has a leading space (entered as "<sp>12 DEC 06") that does not permit the entry to be displayed or treated as a DATE cell. Question how can I strip the leading space from a cellso I can format and display the cell as a DATE? and 2nd Another column has a time entry with the same leading zero as well as one after the full colon "<sp>9:<sp>34" without quotes of course. Same question is there an easy way to get rid of the leading s...

Wrap Text in cell not working
Hi, I am having a problem with Excel displaying "##########" in my cell, instead of the text I have entered. My text contains hyphens and "Alt-Enter" values to control line-breaks in the wrapped text. It works fine until I have more than 255 characters in the cell. Everything displays fine in the "formula" bar, but not in the spreadsheet. Does anyone here know if this is a problem Microsoft has fixed, or if there are any work-arounds for it? Thanks in advance. Dan Format that cell as General instead of Text. Dan Reichel wrote: > > Hi, > ...