graphing question

I have a series of graphs based on data of 5 variables for 10 countries
There is a graph for each variable, and they are sorted by rank. I
there any way to make it so that each country has the same color bar i
each graph? For example, the bar for the "US" is blue in every graph
regardless of the position? Thanks

--
anantathake
anantathaker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1813

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

May I post here questions about SQL queries against Excel via ODBC?
and if not, can you recommend of a relevant forum? For example, I'm desperately looking for an answer to the question: How can I retrieve the row number of a record in a query? Somethin like: select x.*,rownum() from sheet1$ as x Thanks in advance, Noam ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try posting in the Security Forum, under SQL Server Security, that's where most people go when they have questions about SQL. ...

Is there a auto-graph generator functionality in EXCEL/VBA? Hi all, I am not sure if this could be done, but in my mind, I want the folllowing functioanlity: I highlight one input cell and one ou
Is there a auto-graph generator functionality in EXCEL/VBA? Hi all, I am not sure if this could be done, but in my mind, I want the folllowing functioanlity: I highlight one input cell and one output cell, (of course the output cell is dependent on the input cell through potentially complicated dependency) and then a window pops up and asks me for the range and step size of the graph. And then it automatically generate a graph plotting output vs. input. Everything should be automatic. Furthermore, I would like to ask if the following can be easily done: I highlight multiple input cell...

Question about returns
When I get a credit, and try to do a returns transaction I have to know the receiving number of the invoice it was billed on. There doesn't seem to be any way to look that number up that I can find. Does anyone know how this should work? Thanks! deej03, What you're actually looking up is the Shipment Receipt number on which the item was originally received, not the Invoice Receipt number. When you enter the PO Number and Item Number in the Returns Entry window, you can look up all receipts against that PO and Item combination by clicking on the looking glass on the Receipt ...

Formula Question 01-15-10
Hi. My data table looks like this - located in D1:E8 Stock Condition IBM TRUE IBM TRUE IBM FALSE IBM TRUE IBM FALSE GOOG TRUE GOOG TRUE I am trying to find a formula (B2) for this table - located in A1:B2 IBM Match #1 60% Where the formula in B2 looks at my data table, finds rows that have the value in A1, then returns the result of the calculation (# of "TRUE") divided by (Total Number) - in the case for IBM, 3 divided by 5. Thank you in advance. Try this in cell B2: =SUMPRODUCT(--(D1:D1949="IBM"),--(E1:E1949=TRUE))/SUMPRODUCT(--(D1:D1949=&...

Microsoft Office Spreadsheet 10 ActiveX Object: Question?
I am using this object on an Acccess form and can populate it with some spreadsheet data. On the form I can edit the data but it does not save back to the spreadsheet. Is there a way of saving changes made via the object back to the original spreadsheet... I assume there must be otherwise what is the point of the data a being editable!! Grateful any advice. MAny thanks Steve T. ...

X axis values on a line graph
In an excel spreadsheet, I have a series of data. Each "batch" of data has 24 cells, but there are only 2 cells out of each 24 whose values I want to plot on a line graph on a separate sheet in the same file. The first of these contains a weekly date range and the second contains a percentage. For example: 4/7/08-4/13/08 44% 3/31/08-4/6/08 39% 3/24/08-3/30/08 51% Notice that the data is going backwards in time. There are currently 16 batches of data, going back weekly to the beginning of 2008. Each week, a new batch of data will be added at the top of the sheet. I have...

Newbie question RE: MDI SingleDoc/MultipleViews
Apologies in advance for the newbie question - but I warned you in the subject line. I'm new to MFC and MDI applications and I'm trying to learn the underlying principles behind the MDI architecture. As an educational exercise, I'm writing an MDI application that manages inventory for a car dealership. I chose MDI over SDI because in the future, I'd like to manage multiple dealerships within the same application. Anyway, here's my question. My dealership doc has cars, salesmen, customers, etc. I have View classes designed for each of these basic objects in my application,...

A question about CImage
in CDoc CImage m_pImg; in CView ::GlobalLock(HBITMAP(pDoc->m_img)); == NULL GetLastError(); > invalid handler before try to get the handle, I have initialized it successfully, and my OnDraw() can works well. Till I Know CImage is not a Predefined MS MFC Class, are you using some external Library!!! -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "ckacka" <ckacka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B320B34E-4D86-4179-88AC-D6E6E08A5BDC@microsoft.com... > in CDoc > CImage ...

MVP's LOOK!! HARD QUESTION, not an ID-10-T user!
Single EX-2003 SP2, running on 2003, SP2, current on all updates, have Veritas 10.d installed as well as the Veritas CPS agent. I have an ISA 2004 Appliance with forms based auth, RPC rules, etc. All works great 10+ smartphones synching, and 7+ Outlook clients connecting via RPC o’v HTTP it works great. Until it doesn’t. multiple times now its stopped working. ISA side is fine, I can see the Authentication form, it seems that all other IIS services fail, without any log errors, they just hang / stop serving pages I can not recycle via an IISRESET, or a simple stop/start of the de...

Data Shifting Question
Hello, I have several spreadsheets in the following format: Col A contains names and Cols B through H contain data. So each row contains data for a name in Col A. The problem is that some of the data rows contain only data in Col B. Or Cols B and C. Or cols B and C and D, etc. The data always starts in Col B and is in each subsequent column until there is no more; there are no blank cells between cells containing data in any row. I need to "right justify" all data so that the last data point in a row is always in Col H, the second to last always in Col G, etc. Some of...

ESEUTIL -- Syntax and general question
Hi, I have some general questions regarding the offline defrag process as it pertains to my little scenario... Basic Info: - Exchagne DB store - 25 Gb (F:\ drive) - drive space where DB store resides has only 15 Gb of free space, C drive only has 6.3 Gb of free space. - have mapped a drive (V:) to another server with 120 Gb of free space (folder created is: V:\ExchDefrag_Temp) - ESEUTIL files are registered with the PATH for ease of use - a full backup is scheduled once I finish the offline defrag Here is the syntax I believe I am supposed to use: From the Exchange server - c:\EUSEUTI...

Quote Template Question
I have modified the Quote.dot template and added the products line into the table. However when I generate the quote it splits the products into 1 table each. I just can't figure out how to have the products join into 1 table. I have screen shots to show how I have modified it but no way to attach it to this message for someone to review. The coding goes something like this: The Product, Qty, Unit, Unit Price, Discount, Ext Amount are in a 1 row table '' }{IF {MERGEFIELD "LineItem_Tax" } <> "" {SET ExtAmt {= MERGFIELD"LineItem_Extended_Amoun...

Question about an SQL statement
I have an SQL statement that is way to long. bd="days" bn="nights" ds="day shift" and so on. stwhere1 = "SELECT [shift],[lname],[fname],[locat1]" & _ " FROM [tbl_Roster]" & _ " WHERE [shift] = '" & bd & "' or [shift]='" & bn & "' or [shift] ='" & ds & "' or [shift]='" & dn & "'or [shift]='" & aft & "'" The above WHERE is on one line and it works. I was wonder...

Basic Pivot Table Questions
Two basic questions: In my pivot table I click on the "Data" box to get a pop-up window of the possible fields I can filter. By default "show all" is checked. If I go through and uncheck some fields, hit "OK", only those fields are displayed. When I click the "Data" box again, only the fields that I filtered to appear, and even when I hit "Show all", I cant seem to get back that full original list. How do I do this? Also, is there an easy way to add a customized "group" to this list? For example if I have 30 fields, and regula...

Glitch with Graphs Displayed in Picture Link Windows
Is anyone familiar with a problem where any excel graphs that are being displayed inside of a Picture Link will all shrink vertically upon certain actions such as printing? I am currently experiencing this issue and cannot seem to find any related material on this problem elsewhere. Any advice/resources would be greatly appreciated. There are a number of issues with linked chart pictures (and camera tool objects containing charts, which are basically the same thing). They are version specific, and also tend to increase exponentially as the number of link objects increases. I don't u...

can I make the vertical axis the category axis in Excel line graph
Hi, Check out Stephen Bullen's FunChrt2.zip file http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Cheers Andy power1 wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

newbie question on finding and editing
Using vb.net, I need to search through XML files to locate specific elements and once found, update attributes of their companion elements. In plain language, I need to find specific book titles and update note information about each book. Not every book would be updated; just selected ones. So, I am confused whether to use DOM, XPath, both, or something else? My understandig of Xpathnavigator is that it is a read-only class. And DOM seems good for mass updates, but how to use it to find things? Thanks for any advise! george Hi Geoge, I'd suggest you use Xml DOM and XmlElement. ...

Interesting DST question...
Hey all...I successfully ran the Exchange DST patch and the Exchange Calendar Tool for my Exchange 2003 sever which was on SP1 (I did this three weeks ago). Over this past weekend I upgraded the Exchange server to SP2...now when I go to critical updates I see it lists the DST patch for SP2 in the list. Do I need to apply this DST patch as well, or was the patch I applied when the server was on SP1 fine? I don't want to apply it and possibly mess things up. I can't seem to find anything on this. Thanks! obrienjf@gmail.com wrote: > Hey all...I successfully ran the Exchange DST patch...

Payroll Question
I am trying to set up my old office's payroll on a spreadsheet so that the new secretary doesn't have to spend so much time on payroll each week. The problem I am having is when calculating the SSI & Med, Excel automatically rounds the answer to two (2) decimals, but when I total the column it adds using the the extended figure (ex.: $323.00 * .062 = $20.026, in my column it will round the answer to $20.03, but when I total the column to show an employee the withholdings for the year, excel totals the column using the $20.026 amount. I need to have the total calculat...

Combo box selection question
I have a subform with two combo boxes. The combo boxes have been set up so that the selection in the first combo box limits the selection list of the second combo box. These boxes seem to be working propoerly, but I would like to make a small change and that is where I am having a problem. I would like that when you change the first box (Medication name) then the second box (Dosages) would become blank or immediately remove the previous dosage. Then when you pulled the drop down menu, you would select from the new list. At this time, the second cbo shows the "old" dosage until...

Remote Server questions
I want to create a "primary" Exchange server in our datacenter which is not directly connected to our office network. I then would like to set up a "secondary" server in our office that will either pull the emails or get them pushed from the main server. Is this possible? If so, can someone point me in the direction of some information on how to accomplish this? Thank you, CJ On 23 Feb 2007 09:58:49 -0800, "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to create a "primary" Exchange server in our datacenter which >is not dire...

newbie namespace questions

PropertySheet Question.
I have a CPropertySheet object with three pages. How do I detect user input on any page and enable the "Apply" button to save the changes? Thanks As Always! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- Detect the input on the page which in turn will tell the sheet to turn on the apply button. AliR. "Ron H" <rnharsh@nospam.net> wrote in message news:481b39db$0$13092$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binaries.com... >I have a CPropertySheet object with th...

Trying to Plot two lines on one graph
Help! I have two data sets and want to plot them both on one graph for comparison. Problem I am facing is the x- axis data points don't seem to decipher between the two plots. For instance, my 2 data sets are: Line1 Line2 X Y X Y 1 4 1.5 7 2 7 2 6 3 9 3 8 4 2 4.2 0 5 7 5.1 1 But after plotting, Excel can only display the Line 1 x values. Therefore Line 2 is not represented correctly. Anyone have any suggestions? Erica One way: Make a XY-scatter chart for the first data set. Rightclick the chart and choose "Source data" (or similar) From the...

simple question
hello, how do i reset my StatusBar data when user opens a new document (File->New) ? i tried something like this (it doenst work because status bar isnt ready yet) BOOL CGraphicalEditorDoc::OnNewDocument() { if (!CDocument::OnNewDocument()) return FALSE; ((CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd())->UpdateStatusBar(BLA,BLA,BLA); return TRUE; } i mean by "status bar isnt readey yet" is it return an assortion error ...