Getting info from the last used cell

Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and
"End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a
total.
I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used.

Example:
The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the
last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank
cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other
cells.
I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals".

--
Ed Davis

0
ed925 (111)
7/30/2009 7:40:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

automatically select cell in another column
Hi, I have a question. Suppose you have three columns. R1 Col1 Col2 Col3 R2 5 100 20 R3 10 200 R4 25 300 R5 30 50 R6 35 0 R7 40 0 I want to calculate the value in Col3 (20 in this case) with a value in Col1 for which the corresponding value in Col2 is just before 0. That is, Multiply 20 with 30 (R6Col2=0, so select R5Col1). Now if I change the values in Col2, the calculated result should reflect the change automatically. I am wondering if it is possible to do this in Excel, peferably without writing a macro! Thanks. -ab Hi try the following (if...

Using time and %
Hello All I was wondering if I could get some help.. I have a Excel Sheet that calculates % and Times, but the time calculation is manual. I was wondering how I can use time to calculate %. IE - if a person trains for 45 minutes on a given night they get credit for training that night and they also get the 45 minutes added to their time total. I was wondering if there is a way for me to make the time/% calculation some how easier? Thanks I think that you will have to explain yourself more fully before anyone can help you. Remember that we cannot see your spreadsh...

HELP! How to copy cell with leading zeros &/or fixed length ??
I need to copy the daa from several cells to one. I need to maintain specified character length or numbers with leading zeros in each cell after I combine them into a single cell. I'm trying to use =C1&C2&C3 Example: Cell Length Contents C1 5 00067 C2 3 XY C3 6 abcde so I should end up with 00067 XY abcde after I combine them. Any help appriceated. thanks. try =F7&TEXT(F8,"00000") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:o1X%d.202663$qB6.152820@torna...

Outlook lockup during spellcheck using HTML
This is a problem I have seen to some extent on a few different computers. Current configuration: Win 2000 pro - Fully patched Office 2000 -- Fully patched When I get an E-mail that is using HTML format and I reply <send> (Outlook attempts to start spell check) Outlook locks up. Its puts my CPU usage to 80-90% and appears to go into a loop. Sometimes it will pop out in 15-20 seconds, otherwise it will never come out. ...

Automatic log-on to web site using hyperlink
Is there any way that I can use a hyperlink function and include my log-in name and password so that I can automatically log on to a website? If so, is it then possible to pass other parameters so that, for example, I might automatically choose option 2 from 4 options, or choose from a list of dates which are later than a particular date (I'm thinking here of a list of invoices, and I just want the last few)? Pete ...

apply a formula to multiple cells
hi, a colleague of mine presented me with this problem and i've failed miserably. He has several hundred cells with a value in each. He wants to apply a single formula to all cells. Is there as easy way of adding the formula to each cell? - Without having to cut and past the formula into each cell. -- Cheers Stuart You don't have to do that. Enter it in the first cell then cut and paste in one operation to all the others. -- HTH Bob Phillips "FixitFrog" <FixitFrog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9ABA6A0-98DA-4356-B894-5E2FEF82E3A0@microsoft...

automatically selecting contiguous cells
Using 2007. What am I doing that will cause the automatic selection of 2-3 continuous cells? I will just be working away, then the next time I click on a cell, two or three cells will get selected. Then ever after in that session everytime I click , again, two or three cells will become selected. I am unconsciously doing something - but I don't know what. There are no formulas, no auto filling, nothing complicated going on. Thanks to someone who can clear up this mystery to me. I'd guess you have merged cells there. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "becder" wrote: > Usi...

Macro use in different location
I create a macro (excel 2003)-security low or medium- in one location and then when I try to run the macro in another location it just goes back and repeats itself in the original location. How do I get the macro to be independent of the originial creation location? Hi post your code :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dersu" <dersu@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:44B1AE50-F5C5-4249-BBD5-D15FFE0AF7B4@microsoft.com... > I create a macro (excel 2003)-security low or medium- in one location and > then when I try to run the macro in an...

Recipient policy change or use admodify
Hi, We have to change the email addresses of ALL our users to firstname.lastname@newdomain.com A couple of questions: 1) Should I use recipient policy and then choose update this policy or use admodify to add this email address 2) Should I just use the default policy and enter %s.%g@newdomain.com and set it as primary or add a custom policy with this entered? 3) Are there any advantages in creating another recipient policy to achieve the above? Many thanks in advance. Option 2 - add the new domain in default policy and set it as default. Keep the old addresses around (as secondary addre...

When converting an .xls file to .csv I get too many commas at the.
When attempting to convert an .xls format to .csv format using Excel to do the conversion process, I am getting too many commas at the end of a number of lines (where there is NO data at all). It may be linked to some preview, I see some resemblance between 'web page preview' and the resultant output. Would like to just save a file with variable numbers of (and items of) data on separate lines of the same file, and for the .csv file to have the correct number of commas per line. How can this be achieved? Are the commas separated by one or more spaces? If so, someone probably ...

OL2003 will not use default email account for sending emails
I have copied the following from an earlier message within this group. A recommendation was posted, but did not help the original poster nor myself in resolving the issue. I have noticed this problem within the past 24 hours and can not overcome. Here is the original post from a couple months ago: :>I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 :> :>I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to :>mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a :>new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my :>other account. :> :>This...

When I try to email I get this error "The host 'MSN' could not b.
I have had trouble using this since day 1. Can someone please tell me how to sync it with my MSN account? KILLERK, you wrote on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:48:21 -0800: > I have had trouble using this since day 1. Can someone please tell me > how to sync it with my MSN account? See if http://www.marchert.de/outlook.html helps. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net KILLERK <KILLERK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have had trouble using this since day 1. Can someone please tell > me how to sync it with my MSN account? "Use Outlook with MS...

outlook 97 "Cannot load library LXBCPRP.DLL default used." error .
when i print from outlook 97 I rec the message "Cannot load library LXBCPRP.DLL default used. Error 126 need to click ok 3 or 4 times to print. Lexmark printer? try reinstalling the drivers. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to...

Using Givex Card in place of actual money back
Is anyone else out there using Givex Card for this purpose in RMS? Our business is setup as a non-profit organization with no refund after the purchase process. Since, we started the Givex gift card program my management has raise the question of using the Givex gift card as a means for allowing the stores to do refund back to a Givex gift card. From Givex Support: "If a customer comes in wanted to do a return rather than returning cash you can put that amount (return) on the gift card which means the store won't loose any funds which have already been collected and you gu...

Use combo to display record on subform?
I am fine with using a combo to find a record on a form, and display all the details about the chosen record in a number of controls. But the very same design doesn't work if it is all on a subform on a tab page. I can select the value in the combo (the name, for example) but the address data doesn't pull through into the address controls. How can I achieve this? Many thanks CW CW, CW wrote: > But the very same design doesn't work ... What "very same design" is that? Can you give a bit more detail about what and how you are doing this please? -- Steve Schapel...

Adding data labels to plotted quadrant (using Peltier solution)
Hi all, I was able to find Peltier's very helpful solution to creating a quadrant chart in excel. Is there a way for me to include a legend key or to add data labels to each plotted point on the quadrant chart? Thanks in advance! -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544313 You can add labels to plotted points manually (Format data series > data labels > choose some option, the...

maximum charachters in cells
I try to write a number with 30 figures (number), like 123,456,789,123,456,789,123,456,789,012. In the cell the result was 123,456,789,123,456,000,000,000,000,000. My problem is that I want to divide my number to 97 but the result is modified by Excel taking in to account the result with many zeros. I need to make this operation for IBAN codes (new banks account number in Europe) but the Excel do not allow me. If anybody can explain me this error, please answer me to e-mail : negoescuconstantin@romtelecom.ro Hi this is not an error but a documented limitation: Excel supports only 15 si...

Can't insert pictures - used to be able to
Had to reload XP and then reload Office 2000 Pub 2000. Since reload can't insert pictures into Publisher. Get error "Publisher cannot convert this picture....." Have tried all kinds of formats - jpg, tif, gif, pcx, even bmp. None will load. I've reloaded Publisher and made sure that all graphics converts are loaded. Anyone have any ideas? It used to work just fine. How large is this picture? "djg in Ohio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17da801c4199c$ddfeea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Had to reload XP and then reloa...

Date function for "Last Quarter"
I'm trying to define a function for the last quarter that when selected will allow me to populate "Start from" and "To" text boxes. I can make the To bit work but not the From. The code I currently have is: Me!txtDateFrom = DateAdd("q", -1, DateSerial(Year(Now()), DatePart("q", Now()), 1)) As of the date of posting (20 March 2010), this correctly produces 01 October 2009, but if I go back in time by resetting my computer date, it produces a date of 01 January 2009 (instead of 01 July 2009). My formula is clearly wrong somewhere but d...

"Batch swap" words within a cell/column
I have column on a spreadsheet called Primary/Vendor(one cell), and under it is a list of Primary's followed by the main vendor. Like so: A 1 Sapphire/CapOn 2 Monument/Trilegian 3 Sapphire/Wachovi and so on There are about 100 of these, and I need to swap it to say Vendor/Primary so the list would then read CapOne/Sapphir Trilegiant/Monumen Wachovia/Sapphir and so on.. Any way of easily doing this Hi, There sure is an easy way; use Data->text to columns, uncheck tab (or whatever is defaulted) and check other- put a slash in the box, then OK. then ...

Running a report using a macro
Hi there I'm hoping someone can help me with this... I'm wanting to run a report from a worksheet that has around 15000 lines of data, based on two criteria. I have tried using Autofilter, but my computer keeps crashing. The report I'd like to run is based on a particular month. So say in the reporting worksheet (called Report) if I type in the month I'm interested in, in say cell A1, and have a button to press with the macro behind it, then the Macro would look at the data worksheet (called Data) and find all the records relevant to that particular month. (Th...

Multiple lists in a cell
Is it possible to have a list range in one cell based on the inputed information in that cell? IE, I have a packing list for 3 different products, and 3 different master lists. On the 1st list, I have added in list form in one cell the 3 different lists I could possibly generate. Is it possible to change a list reference in the same cell based on the list I want to generate? -- JARoman Hi, I think you need dependent list see Debra web http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html "Xman" wrote: > Is it possible to have a list range in one cell based on t...

How do I scroll through documents using the touchpad?
I used to be able to simply touch the touchpad and, by sliding my finger up or down, I could move up or down through a document. Since installing Windows 7 this feature doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong, is there something to turn on, or is this feature not available in this 'improved' Windows OS? Nothing to do with Word. On my new Acer Windows 7 laptop, the touchpad has a white vertical line at the right edge, and stroking along the right edge scrolls the window. There's a setting for whether it'll do that or not. Maybe your hardware doesn't ...

Free/busy info not updating after swing migration
We are in the process of doing a swing migration from Exch 2000 to 2003. We are in a testing phase currently. We have two separate administrative groups, one for the Exch 2000 servers, the other for 2003. We are having some odd issues where mailboxes moved to 2003 aren't updating their free/busy information regularly. I've configured replicas for all 2000 and 2003 servers for the two different "legacyExchangeDN"s listed (one for each admin group) within the SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY system public folder, and have waited a number of hours for replication to take place. I ...

Too big to fit in cell
I have cell A1 with text that is too big to fit in the cell. Standard behavior is that the text of A1 is fully visible spread over A1 and B1, unless B1 is filled. How do I tell Excel that the remains of cell A1 should not be shown in the empty B1. In fact the remains should not be shown at all, so I also dont wan't cel A1 to have 2 lines. Thanks, Lars Hi Lars, You could enter a single quote sign ' in B1. It will not show, and the text in A1 will behaive as you want. Best regards, Per "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Brownies.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:h0dlvg$v3b...