Getting info from the last used cell

Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and
"End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a
total.
I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used.

Example:
The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the
last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank
cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other
cells.
I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals".

--
Ed Davis

0
ed925 (111)
7/30/2009 7:40:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Conditional Comment using Cell value as part of it
What I'm trying to do is the following: if cell(a1) is different from 0(zero) then, cell(b1) should have a comment that say, the value of cell(c1) is the payment, next line the value of cell(a1) was refund, next line Total for today = cell(c1)-cell(a1) Example a1 = $10.00 c1 = $30.00 B1 (comment): $30.00 is the payment (c1) $10.00 was refund (a1) Total for today: $20.00 (c1-a1) can anyone help me on that? thanks in advance ...

hanging indent in a cell
This may be asking too much of XL, but, using Excel 2007, is there a way to make the text in a cell where wrap is selected appear as a hanging indent? That is with all wrapped lines after the first one in that cell be indented? Excel doesn't make for much of a word processor. Maybe you can force the wraptext using alt-enters and mimic the indent by using extra spaces before the first word of the 2nd - nth lines in the cell??? Jeff@nospam.fake wrote: > This may be asking too much of XL, but, using Excel 2007, is there a way > to make the text in a cell where wrap ...

Split cells #6
Hi, I have the following data "Sep 8 2005 12:00:00:000AM" and need i splitting down so that only the sep 8 2005 is in the cell. Formattin the cell will not work (unless I am doing something wrong). Please help - thank you in advanc -- moglione ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moglione1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46991 Is your entry a 'text' entry or a numeric entry with special formatting to display MDY HH:...

Change font size based on value of a cell
If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change from the default 10 to 16. It needs to return to the default size when A1 returns to a value of 0. Can someone help with this? Thanks. Michael Here's a little macro that will do it....... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Range("a1").Value = 0 Then Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 10 Else Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 16 End If Range("B1").Select End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MichaelRLanier@gmail.com" wrote: > ...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Format cell to display numbers instaed of ###'s
Not sure how to querry this in the KB.... but I want to be able to have a number such as 4 1/8 in a cell that is set at width less than what is required to display it properly. Same with a date/time entry. In cells where I'm entering text, the text will "spill" over if the adjoining cells are empty of data. No so with number's. How do I change it so it will display as 4 1/8 without widening the cell? If I place an apostrophe ' in front of the number, or format the cell as plain text it will work, but I really need to retain the numeric value. Thanks, David... ...

Getting size of "window" in OnDraw()
I finally found a (seemingly) reliable way to get the size of the "window" for both the screen & a printed page by doing this in CMyView::OnDraw( CDC *pdc): if( pdc->IsPrinting() ) { hRes = pdc->GetDeviceCaps( HORZRES ); vRes = pdc->GetDeviceCaps( VERTRES ); rectContext = CRect( CPoint( 0 , 0 ) , CPoint( hRes , vRes ) ); } else { GetClientRect( &rectContext ); hRes = rectContext.Width(); vRes = rectContext.Height(); } nRows = vRes / rowHeight; I'm doing this because GetDeviceCaps() for the screen re...

Cell Formating Problems
This is what I do: I open up a brand new worksheet. I format cell A1 to text. Then I enter the number 1 into it. Then I format the cell to Numeric and the 1 in the cell does not change. it stays as (left justified 1. If I delete the 1 and type a 1 into that cell and hit Enter, it become 1.00 (a number). Whats happening here??? Why doesn't it convert the 1 to a 1.00 when format the cell to numeric? Why do I have to re-enter the number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com brain It was originally entered as Text. Simply re-formatting doesn't change its underlying ...

Can't get rid of mailbox??
I have a user that was disabled, then removed from the domain, but I can't get rid of this _DIS <username> from showing in the Mailbox Resources screen. Any ideas? Thanks!! Do you have mailbox retention set up (30 days by default)? Is the mailbox showing up in Mailbox Resources with a Red 'X' on it? Is it if you run the clean up agent? If it is showing up with the red 'X' and you have mailbox retention set that is why it is still there. You can manually purge it by right clicking on it in Mailbox Resources and choosing 'Purge.' -- Hope that hel...

How do I get my new messages to populate when they arrive?
My new email messages do not show up in my inbox until I go to another folder and then back to the inbox folder. Then they show up. issue #2 I get a copy of my reply email in my inbox. How do I stop this? Do you have a firewall between you and your server? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Lonnie" <Lonnie...

How to use Find (Ctrl-F) to find non-alpha
Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? tx ;-) Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) works ok for me. What are you having trouble with? On 10/22/2010 16:31, Heather Mills wrote: > Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? > > tx ;-) -- Dave Peterson On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:54:28 -0500, Dave Peterson <petersod@XSPAMverizon.net> wrote: >Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) >works ok for me. > >What are you having trouble with? > >...

Equations and Text in same Cell
I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate text within the same cell as the result of an equation but the I cannot control the number of decimal places that the output displays. I've tried using the Number tab in the Format Cell feature but nothing changes. Is there a way to control the number of decimal places when you are combining text with the results of an equation? yes. you could incorperate the round() funciton. post your formula regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate...

VC++ 2005
I am attempting to compile a project in Visual Studio 2005 which compiles and links properly in VC++ 6.0. It seems to have problems with C++ i/o functions. Here is the error I get: g:\src\analyzer\digitdialpages.h(136) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_InFile' Line 136: ifstream m_InFile; The statment: include <fstream> is at the top of the source file. Some assistance would be helpful. We didn't have any problems with using ifstream or ofstream in VC++ 6.0. Thanks. On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:22:47 -0500, "Raj Kulkarni...

can't get sheet to display after editing header
I was working on a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 that I had previously created in Excel 2003. When I edited the header in page layout and switch back to normal view my data disappeared. I can see the data in print preview, but don't know how to view it and work with it in normal view because in noraml view it is hidden. What am i doing wrong? Jas ...

Cannot seem to get views to display across entities
Using the ReadyServer. Created a view with Phone Calls as the source data I add column for the street1/2/3 of the regarding contact. The resulting view does not show the streets even though I know there is information populated. ...

Updating a Running total from a cell
Hi, I have an inventory list that I want to update the "On-Hand" field, keep the running total, from an update entry into the "this shipment" field for each inventory item. I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each product. I want it to look like this: On Hand This Shipment Running Total Product #1 5 3 8 Product #2 10 -5 5 Product #3 20 10 30 ...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

match dates in two columns get value from third
I have a data set on daily basis and another data set on weekly basis. i want to put the weekly data in daily data set by putting a formula which picks values from col c for relevant dates in daily set. example - let us say this is the data set ColA Col B Col C jan1 jan1 8 jan2 jan7 7 jan3 jan4 jan5 jan6 jan7 I want the data from colC against dates in ColA as in ColD below. it should leave other cells blank (colA and ColB are dates format) ColA Col B Col C ColD jan1 jan1 ...

deleting entire rows with the same cell value in the first column
Hi! I have an huge table in which there are lots of rows that have the same value as the one in the row before: 1 1 1 2 2 2 How can I delete them leaving this way only one row per value without searching for them and deleting them manualy? Any help welcome! Pedro, assuming your data starts in a1, in b1 type =if(a1=a2,"Y","") and copy down for the length of your data. Then filter on Y and delete all those rows. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Pedro F." wrote: > Hi! > I have an huge table in which there are lots of rows that have the same >...

how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office
how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office 2007 Buy an edition that is not for non-commercial use only. You own the Home and Student edition. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E14F850-0B65-4093-926F-B680E1C7D6B1@microsoft.com... > how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office 2007 ...

how to increment cell formula by 5 rather than 1
Good morning group. Formula in Cell F1 =SLOPE(D10:D14,B10:B14) Formula in Cell F2 =SLOPE(D20:D24,B20:B24) Formula in Cell F3 =SLOPE(D30:D34,B30:B34) Formula in Cell F88=.... Here's the problem. A simple copy formula down operation will not work for filling in cells F4-F88. What I end up with is this: Formula in cell F4=SLOPE(D31:D35,B31:B35) It is incrementing by 1, rather than the 10 that I need it to (SLOPE(D40:D44,B40:B44). I will need to do this several more times (grab various numbers of years (10, 15) to generate slope estimates. Thus if there is something that requires a bit o...

Passing Cell values to a SQL statement
I have set up a spreadsheet that uses excel's "Get external data" feature to connect to a SQL database and run a querry. The problem is that I need to get data for several different product codes. These codes change from time to time but basically the querry looks like this Select * from SalesData Where SalesData.productCode = 1 Or SalesData.productCode = 2 is there a way to set it up such that the product codes are passed to the statement from cell values in a given range? This way it would dynamically retrive whatever I am looking for. Also if any of you double as SQL wizza...

vlookup cant be used
I need a way to transfer data. I have one sheet that contains all information. All of this data needs to be transferred to a template ready for print. I have contemplated using a vlookup to quicken the method, although the data sheet will be moving too and from computers, and so the vlookup will not work. Is there any code that might possibly help me, i.e. a code that looks for the datasheet and does some sort of vlookup after it has located the file? Or should this problem be tackled using macros, although i imagine that this will have the same effect. How "ready for print"? Are...

I can't get Outlook to open Word as my e-mail editor.
This morning I tried to reply to an e-mail and got the message "Outlook is opening Word 2003 as your e-mail editor" (or something to that effect). The window just stayed onscreen and eventually ended up hanging. Help! :) Are you running the same version of Outlook and Word? Have you applied SP-1 for Office 2003? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CheshireQat asked: ...