Getting current time into cell as a static value

I want to get the current time into a cell either by clicking in the
cell or clicking a pushbutton.

Kind of like using =NOW() but once the value should not change after it
is initially set.

A bit like using Ctrl-Colon but as the spreadsheet will be run on a PDA
it needs to be activated by clicking in the cell or a pushbutton.

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ctrl-Shift-Colon?
<wadefleming@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to get the current time into a cell either by clicking in the
> cell or clicking a pushbutton.
>
> Kind of like using =NOW() but once the value should not change after it
> is initially set.
>
> A bit like using Ctrl-Colon but as the spreadsheet will be run on a PDA
> it needs to be activated by clicking in the cell or a pushbutton.
>
> Thanks

0
reply6075 (299)
9/6/2005 10:36:17 PM
Sub NOWTIME()
    ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "h:mm:ss AM/PM")
End Sub

OR a sheet event that would place the static time in a cell when a cell is
double-clicked.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As _
Boolean)
    ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "h:mm:ss AM/PM")
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 6 Sep 2005 15:12:43 -0700, wadefleming@yahoo.com wrote:

>I want to get the current time into a cell either by clicking in the
>cell or clicking a pushbutton.
>
>Kind of like using =NOW() but once the value should not change after it
>is initially set.
>
>A bit like using Ctrl-Colon but as the spreadsheet will be run on a PDA
>it needs to be activated by clicking in the cell or a pushbutton.
>
>Thanks

0
Gord

Have Outlook 2000. How do I get rid of spam?
I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! winnieB <winnieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. > When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I > Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! Step by step: 1) Open Internet Explorer. 2) Browse to http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ 3) Downoad SpamBaye...

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

parsing a date and time field #2

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

Day of week time control
Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on Sunday, a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and continue over and over. I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula escapes me. The use is for a simple area based light control in my house. Hi Vernon Maybe =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,HOUR(NOW())>=8,HOUR(NOW())<=17),"Switch on","Switch off") -- Regards Roger Govier "vernon" <there@there> wrote in message news:%23gF0dmcrHHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Let's say I wanted ...

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

Indiana Time Zone
Indiana, which has always been on Eastern Standard Time, has changed to observe Daylight Savings Time. As we switch computers over, we have noticed that all day appointments now appear in two days during daylight savings time. Is there a patch to fix this issue or do have have to go in and manually change all the appointments. Thanks, Dennis Instruct all your users to change their timezone to the normal Eastern time, and change all your servers likewise. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "d3harvey" <d3harvey@discu...

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

Getting font properties
I have a LOGFONT - complete with all desired properties including face name. I use CFont::CreateFontIndirect() to create a font. If the font I have specified is not available on my machine then it uses the nearest available in some appropriate sense. So far so good. But CFont::GetLogfont() just returns me the LOGFONT which I used to create the font, and not the one it actually adopted - in particular as regards face name. Is there an easy way to get the face name of the font it actually used? Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk...

I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Reminder Time vs Due By Field
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...