Functions greyed out when using Pivot tables

I have an end user who is using pivot tables, and they were working
fine up until the end of Jan.  Whe she added her data for Feb and went
to sort using the privot table order function they were all greyed
out.
She was originally using Excel 2k.  Think that something had just
become corrupt we upgraded her to Office 2K3.  This did not solve the
issue.  I have insured the Office has been activated and that the
sheet is not protected.  We can send the sheet to another user and it
functions correctly, as should.
Anyone see this before or have any ideas?

0
saustin (1)
3/23/2007 3:35:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Items options table name???
I am trying to find the name of the table that holds the "item option" settings. It is located under configuration-->options tab. This is where you check or uncheck configuration settings of the pos software and the folders are called Customer options, General options, Item option, POS options, and so on. Thanks Dave Dave - look in dbo.configuration; there's a couple of entries for "options", but I don't know off the top of my head the specific options tracked. I have not seen a separate table that tracks "options". Hope this helps... "D...

Update blank/null fileds with value of previous row using update q

Sorting pivot table by specific field (column)
Hey guys (and girls), Anyone know how to sort a pivot table by a specific field (not the total sum of the fields)? For instance, if I have 5 years of data 2002-6 and 20 countries. If I make a pivot table of these I get 21 rows (the countries + total) and 6 columns for years (5 years of data + total). If I use the Field Settings --> Advanced --> Sort by field the Pivot table (PT) will be sorted by the sum of the different fields. What if I don't want this, but rater want to sort it by for instance year 2003. How do I do that? Anyone have a nice and clever solution? Much appreciated...

Continuous Form Use
I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone calls and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single form appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks. You can spawn forms off a form, and access the data on that form. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ryjack" <ryjack@disc...

GetOpenFileName + Using own dialog template
Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the dialog is...

Comments using Validation input
A few days ago a question relating to comments grabbed my attention. The reply informed us that the comment in question was able to be seen by clicking the cell it was attached to and as long as that cell remained active the comment could be seen. So we have a comment which is not a comment visible only when the cell is selected as opposed to a comment which is visible when the cursor is over the cell. Sounds confusing but it achieves the result of showing a "floating" comment which remains in the same place on the screen even when it applies to a cell in a 'frozen' section a...

Receivable transactions using Integration Manager
Hi, I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I receive the following errors: ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value. ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default value. I am using a tab delimited text file for import. Customer Id is of the format 000001 Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99 Can anyone help me with this. Check each one of your mapping and make sure it says 'use source' an...

Using cell reference with logical operator in DGET expression
I am using DGET to search an array in the worksheet to find a particular percent to use in a calculation elsewhere in the spreadsheet. The row members of the array contain a series of from and to values that I use to identify which row has the percent I am looking for. I have defined the array as a range and I can use the logical operatirs with numeric values in the range criteria and everything works fine. For example, I can use <500 in the appropriate cell in range criteria to find the percent to use when the value for that column in the array is less than 500. All working f...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Table Cell
I have created a form using a table. I want to lock or block cells that should not be changed. How do you do this? ...

How to show a count of Unique IDs in a Pivot Table
Is there a way to use Pivot tables in a way that shows a count of Unique IDs (over time). The problem I am having in using the Pivot table to show trended data, is that the "Count" option produces a count of each record that has any information, when oftentimes I simply need a count of unique IDs. So the below Column would have a count of 3 Names, when I prefer for it to produce a count of 1 Name. Any recommendations would be appreciated..... Name --------- David David David Excel 2007 PivotTable Count Unique IDs http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgmmaznjyy2/06_21_09.xlsx Thanks ve...

Multi Table Inser Query
Hello ... im new to Access so i need some expert help. im creating an application for my organization where i have this one form in which i collect all the required data and need to save it in table but the problem it this form is connected to to different tables. how can i save the data via query on one click to two different tables ? If you have several tables, each with essentially the same fields, and you need to connect up your form to different tables at different times, you have not built a database. That kind of thing might make sense in a spreadsheet, where you create a sheet ...

Re: Can anyone help me with the IF function
Hello I'm trying to help my wife with simplifying her scheduling o employees. She uses 11 different time periods (1-11) some are worth the same amount of hours others are more or less. I can us seven functions to describe the period and the value of hours it is worth, but when I consolidate the functions i says the formula is invalid. I'm sure it can be fixed by one of you excel gurus! Here are the functions IF(B13<4,"7.75") IF(B13=4,"7.25") IF(B13=5,"6.25") IF(B13=6,"7.75") IF(B13=7,"6.75") IF(B13=8,"6.25") IF(B...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

Auto correct options greyed out
I'm using Outlook 2007 (but world 2003 if that matters) My auto correct options are grayed out. It tells me to install them from the disc but when I try to add features I can't see anyplace to add "auto correct". All the outlook 07 features appear to be added. Here are 2 images if that helps. 1. the error message it gives me. http://i42.tinypic.com/i2pzdy.jpg 2. What the autocorrect panel looks like after I remove the error message http://i44.tinypic.com/hv0wu9.jpg Thanks in advance for any help! Nancy "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microso...

List of fonts used in a Word doc -- the easy way
The VBA scripts that I have found all implement a character-by-character scan throu= gh the document, which can take a long time in later versions of Word. You can blame Wor= d's "formatting" feature for the slowdown. There=E2=80=99s a faster way: Save the document in .rtf format, then open the .rtf fi= le in a text editor such as notepad.exe. The fonts are listed in a font table ( {\fonttb= l ) located at the very beginning of the file. Each font entry looks something like thi= s: = {\f0\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;} Any entries with a character set ...

Preserve format in pivot table
I have a pivot table where I formated the numbers using the "accounting" format. When I refresh the table, it goes back to the "general" format. How do I keep the "accounting" format when I refresh? Thanks Things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: --On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options --Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Depending on your version of Excel, you ...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

Export Access pivot table to Excel
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. Default out put format of query is pivot table. I want to export same to excel. I do that each time with the export button which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. Code is below: ---------------------- Public Sub TransferReport()...

sending email from outlook using AOL
After much exasperation have finally got outlook to send email whilst using my AOL internet connection. The issue is that I have to have my aol email address entered in the Outlook email box but I use my outlook email address in the reply email address box. The problem is that any recipient of an email from outlook will see my aol email address in the from box and if they click on reply it will be sent to my aol email box and not to my outlook email box. If my aol email address is not entered, in the Outlook email box, the email is rejected by aol. Using AOL 9 & Outlook 2002 Any ...

Music files using "Package for CD" Option in Powerpoint
I am trying to burn my show onto a disk, and the show has songs linked to it. I know the songs are not embedded into the show, so I was looking for a solution for this. I saw the "package for CD" option in the menu and according to that, it is supposed to take your show, and all linked files and burn it onto a disk to be played back using powerpoint viewer. I made sure the box was checked to include linked files. After the disk burned, no music. I tried putting all the music and show in one folder and then running the package for cd tool, still no music. Is ther...

Conditional Summing across ranges using arrays
Hi all - I'm struggling to find a formula that will solve my problem: I have a matrix of numbers defined by a series of numerical column and row headers. RefCel 1 2 3 4 5 . . . m 1 a # # # # 2 # # # # # .. 5 b # # # # .. n # # # # # What I'm trying to do is for a give column header and a subset of row headers, sum the intersecting values. Let's assume that the subset are held in a named range Subset and the row and column headers are in range called RowHead and ColHead and...

Using a txt string in formulae
Right this is an anoying little beggar but probably simple and im failing to see the wood from the trees so to speak ! right i have a workbook with multiple sheets and a front sheet the front sheet reports results of counts from the other sheets using =COUNT(sheet1!A:A) and =COUNTIF(Sheet1E:E,"Neg room") and other similair formula my question is this In column A i have the name of the sheet so I.E. A1=sheet1 which hyperlinks to the named sheet and columb B has the first formulae and so on and so on! my question is is there a way i can add the Word name of the sheet the Count form...

how do i autofill without using mouse?
how do i autofill without using mouse? anyone here know the shortcut for this? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Alt + E + I +S & Enter for 1, 2 etc.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sokevin >" <<sokevin.10x964@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:sokevin.10x964@excelforum-nospam.com... > how do i autofill without using mouse? > > anyone here know the shortcut for this? > > > thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Disabling automatic send function
I used to be able to have messages in my Outbox sit there till I hit send/receive by checking "disable send/receive" on the tools menu. For some reason, disabling send/receive now only disables the automatic receive function. My emails in my Outbox are sent automatically, as soon as they hit the outbox. I send monthly emails to my contacts thru the mail merge program in Word. I then go to my Outbox to attach a document to them. It used to be that if I disabled the automatic send/receive function in the tools menu, the messages in my outbox would sit there so I could add ...