Functions #2

Sir or Madam,

Please send me list of formula definations llike sum = sum of two or
more date
example :-

if i wanna to add two or more row or coloums then i can use it
press shift+f3 and choose sum funcation and select range then ok.

then we will get total value of selected coloum and rows.
In this type i need other functions definations.

Sandeep Gupta

--
SANDEEP GUPTA
SANDEEP GUPTA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29964

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Peter Noneley has made an XL function dictionary with examples of them all.

Go to Ron's site, and at the bottom of that page is a link to download a zip
file of the dictionary, which is really an XL workbook:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm

--
HTH,

RD

"SANDEEP GUPTA" <SANDEEP.GUPTA.20stmy_1135854901.0027@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> Sir or Madam,
>
> Please send me list of formula definations llike sum = sum of two or
> more date
> example :-
>
> if i wanna to add two or more row or coloums then i can use it
> press shift+f3 and choose sum funcation and select range then ok.
>
> then we will get total value of selected coloum and rows.
> In this type i need other functions definations.
>
> Sandeep Gupta
>

> --
> SANDEEP GUPTA
> SANDEEP GUPTA's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29964
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496611

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

parsing a date and time field #2

Index and Match Function in VB
A few days ago, I did receive very good help from Max and Dave to achieve the following formula, =IF(B5="Synth",INDEX(AUTOS!$K$10:$K$500,MATCH(1,(Autos!$F$10:$F$500='ID'!D5)*(Autos!$G$10:$G$400='ID'!$R$2)*(AUTOS!$I$10:$I$400="C"),0))-INDEX(AUTOS!$K$10:$K$500,MATCH(1,(AUTOS!$F$10:$F$500='ID'!D5)*(AUTOS!$G$10:$G$400='ID'!$R$2)*(AUTOS!$I$10:$I$400="P"),0))+$R$2-$R$5,VLOOKUP(D5,$P$4:$R$8,3)-$R$5) Basically I was looking to retrieve data based on multiple criteria and the formula is working just fine. I now want to also be able to def...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Function is killing performance
Hi - I'm using a custom function in a query and it takes forever - was hoping someone might have an idea of how to speed things up a bit. A little more info: the function is relatively simple (4 arguments that are run through an IF statement to pick a value from another table (only 12 records). The query is run against a table with 41k records. The numbers don't seem to big here, and the query takes over an hour. Any ideas?? Where & how are you using the IF's? Sounds like a coding problem to me Pieter <stephen.h.dow@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189019241.93425...

Macro

Sum amount if = 2 value's

PROPER function
Hi all - Stupid me, maybe, but I can't get this function to work. The help file says: "PROPER (text) Text is text enclosed in quotation marks, a formula that returns text, or a reference to a cell containing the text you want to partially capitalize." So the text I want to convert is in cell, say, I370. In helper cell J130 I enter =PROPER(I370) But all I get in cell J130 after hitting enter is =PROPER(I370). In other words, it doesn't seem to be acting as a formula --- it is just appearing literally. This is an inherited spreadsheet, so it's possible something ...

Excel pivot table #2

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns

Excel number formatting #2

host unreachable #2
hi, if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi queue im using E5,5 sp4 thks Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail? Rick wrote: > hi, > > if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i > don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong > until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi > queue > > im using E5,5 sp4 > > thks ...

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...

Stats/PivotTables #2
I have to produce stats from data exported as a CSV file from a piece of custom made software we use here. The data displayed in Excel looks like this: 01/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY I have to produce a spreadsheet saying how many examinations were done by a particular doctor over a certain timespan. Each date li...

How did I break the cell display limit? #2
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but wil only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in th petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actua contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I have 1,05...

OWA Setup Questions #2
Hi All, I am attempting to install the newly released owaadmin tool. My IIS server currently hosts 3 websites all of which are published to their own urls via host headers all of the sites are using ssl. When Installing the owaadmin tool, it creates a new "Default Web Site" as the orginal "Default Web Site" has been renamed. The new "Default Web Site" contains only the files and path names pointing to "%systemroot%\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration" what I am doing is removing this new "Default Web Site" site using the I...

backing up to a CD-RW #2
When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do not have administartor's privlidges to do so. I have Windows XP, and I am the administrator and only active account. I have double-checked and I am listed as the computer's administrator. Is this a "Money" administrator, or computer administrator? m> When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do m> not have administartor's privlidges to do so. I have Windows m> XP, and I am the administrator and only active account. I m> have double-checked and I am listed as the compute...