FTP upload to Server

I'd like to use the Save-On-Close Macro to automatically perform an FTP
upload to save the file to my server site.  Before I try to write the
macro code, I need to figure out how to do it manually.

I'm running Excel97 under WinXP.  I could probably write (with lots of
learning) a .bat file to do the job using a separate FTP application,
but then I'd have to install that file on all machines from which file
was to be uploaded.

The help menu says:

    On File Menu - Click "Save as"
    in "save in" box, click internet locations (FTP)
[ I only find a commands box in upper right corner,]

    The HELP instructions then say:
    from the list of FTP sites, double click the site your want

[In the COMMANDS BOX - There is the add/modify FTP Locations option.
And my FTP site is listed in the list of "FTP Sites."
When I click on it, it shows "upload.myisp.com"  where myisp represents
my ISP. ]

[I then insert my password in the password box and click ok]

The instructions said...

     then double click the location within the site
     in file name box, type name of work book, click save

I never get the option to select the location within the site.

CAN I DO A DIRECT UPLOAD OF AN EXCEL97 FILE TO AN FTP SITE?
0
ps144nyc (65)
12/2/2005 7:50:23 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Exchange 2003 server move
What is the best practice for moving an exchange 2003 server that is currently installed on a DC? I've recently gotten an approval to purchase another server soloely for exchange. The backups seem to be fine and I'd like to uninstall the current server because I don't have a lot of confidence in it. From my understanding there have been a number of in-place upgrades and most importantly, there is only a gig of hard drive space left on the drive where exchange is installed. What I'm looking for is documentation and experience on installing another server, synchronizin...

File attachments compression between Outlook client and Exchange Server
I would like to know if there is any compression of attachments between the Outlook Client on site X and the Exchange Server on site Y over a VPN-connection. If yes, is it configurable and how? On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 02:28:51 -0700, "Tielemans Geert" <Geert.Tielemans@compo.be> wrote: >I would like to know if there is any compression of >attachments between the Outlook Client on site X and the >Exchange Server on site Y over a VPN-connection. > >If yes, is it configurable and how? There are quite a few tools. See: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/compression.h...

CRM on Terminal Server when not all users will use CRM
Hello, I'm just in the process of installing TS for some of our users. Now we are looking at CRM3.0. It would be great if I could put some of my future CRM users on the same TS as my other users, but I understand that CRM bolts onto Outlook. Can I install CRM on my TS in such a way that some users have it and some do not? probably not an option but... you do not need outlook for crm..you can have users access through internet explorer ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "JohnGregor" <JohnGregor@discussi...

SBS2008 + need an additional Terminal Server
Need a Terminal Server to add to an SBS 2008 network. Trouble is it needs to have loads of RAM to host the numebr of users and database application that it needs to run. Windows Server 2008 Standard x86 32bit seems limited to 4GB RAM, wanted more really.. Same as above but x64 64bit would let me go to 32GB....but is probably going to throw me a curved ball regards x64 drivers for remote workers home\domestic printers. How about Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition ? x86 32 bit allows for 64GB RAM.. Can you add an Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition to an SBS 2008...

Outlook and POP3 server
I have oe setup on my network pc's. On the home edition, my newsgroups are working fine. But on my xp pro. my outlook express has a problem. I can read my newsletters fine. But I am unable to syncronize them, because of error. My oc says, POP3 server cannot be found.My question is, where would I go to get help with that problem? -- Diana Jean This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x...

Server ActiveSync Event ID: 3007
Hi, Yesterday after 5:00 pm the mobile devices are not syncing anymore. When we look at the device we get an 0x85030022. When we look at the Front End Exchange 2003 server SP2 we see: Event Type: Warning Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3007 Date: 19-5-2006 Time: 15:04:20 User: .....\...... Computer: TITOX46 Description: Exchange mailbox Server response timeout: Server: [.......] User: [.......]. Exchange ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange mailbox server in a timely manner. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctl...

Outlook 2003 on Windows Server 2003 terminal and Exchange 2000 #2
Hi, I have a weird problem. Setup DC1 running W2K Server DC2 running W2K Server and Exchange Server 2000 DC3 running W2K3 Server and TERMINAL SERVER and OFFICE 2003 Now the problem i when i connect to the W2K3 Server with Terminal and open Outlook 2003 i can read/reply mails without any problems. But when i try to make a new mail i cannot click the TO/CC/BCC button --> this gives me an error message that the server doesnt support it ???!!!??? It gets weirder : when i type in the TO/CC/BCC address space the alias of my contact it translates it perfectly to the correct email address. So...

SQL server 2005 multicore problem with 'where column like' sql command
Hi. We have two systems: - new one dual procesor quad core 2,5 GHz W 2008 64, 24GB RAM + SQL 2005 - old dual dual core 2Ghz 4GB RAM Win 2003 + SQL 2005 The new one has 3-4 times better performance, good working, almost without problems. Except one simple command: select keycolumn from table where text like '%keyword%' from table with 1GB data, 100000 rows. The query runs the same time - 40 seconds on both new and old servers. And processor is 100% percent during the operation on both old server (2 cores) and on new (8 cores) also. So the command takes 4 ...

Failed to install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server setup 09-18-03
Hi, When i m going to Install MS CRM 1.0. I got a Fatal Error 1) Installation ended permaturely because of an error "OK" when i click OK button it gives me another error message 2) Failed to install MS CRM failed to install MSI part of MS CRM Server setup unspecified error 80004005 I got information from "Matt Parks's" (DATE 9/16/2003 10:23:23 AM)reply but still i have same problem I am installing MS CRM on Domain Controller.(is it problem?) Thanks, Sambhaji This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C37E9B.E62E98F0 Co...

http virtual server #3
I know you love newbie type material, so here is one. I have exchange server 2003 and am having a problem with exchange virual server (http) In server management/exchange/protocols/http the virtual server has stopped after a planned reboot. I have right clicked and "start", but it sends me an error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process--Facility: Win32, ID No: 80070020" What service is this referring to. This has to be something simple and I am not very experienced in exchange----help...........please? Are there any other web...

Am planning my first installation of MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 Workgroup Server and got a few questions
Here is what I got in my environment........ SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 ISA 2004 SP3 WSS 3.0 (side by side install with WSS 2.0 companyweb) Web Interface for SharePoint Server 2007 Windows 2003 SP2 Standard member server Presentation Server 4.5 Web Interface 4.6 Considering I've never installed CRM and do not have available resources to do a trial run I'm looking for those of you who have and your opinions and suggestions. I'm opening myself up for any and all suggestions as well as criticism (be easy though) o please feel free to take your best shot. I know this is risky b...

IE 8 and Proxy Server
In IE6 it is simple to use a Proxy Server (for privacy purposes); however, it can't be done in IE 7. Is it possible to set a Proxy Server setting in IE 8 and if possible, how is it done? For complete information, pick the search engine of your choice (Google, Yahoo, "Thing" etc.) and use this as your search term: how to use a proxy server with internet explorer 8 --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est ThomasT wrote: > In IE6 it is simple to use a Proxy Server (for privacy purposes); however, it > can't be done in IE 7. > > Is it possible to ...

Passing XML via linked server

Exchange server crashes
My exchange server crashes about every hour. Sometimes it doesn't crash but loses all system resources. When I attempt to look at applications in event viewer I get a 'Event Log File Is Corrupt" message. Any ideas how to get this fixed? You might want to hire a consultant. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "bubba" <gmarlow@millerhanson.com> wrote in message news:1163008862.082709.183340@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > My exchange server crashes about every hour. Sometimes it doesn't crash > b...

Redundancy with 2 exchange mx servers?
Hi all, Let's say we have 2 Exchange servers, A & B. (not clustered) All mailboxes are on A. So B is just like a backup server. I'm thinking if the following set up could form a certain level of redundancy for receiving email: 1. We set up A & B in the same organization so they see each other. 2. We set up mx records for both A & B. (high priorty for A) 3. Now if for some reason A is broken down for 1 or 2 days, supposedly all outsiders' email will be directed to B, which is the lower-prioty mx. However B does not contain any of those mailboxes. So my guess is tha...

System Cache in W2K8 R2 file server
Hi, I have a file server that is constantly consuming all of the 8GB memory it has, after reading quite a bit about it I understand that it is the System Cache that is eating up all the memory. The server has somewhere between 30MB to 300MB available memory but most often about 100MB. W2K8 (not R2) has the Windows Dynamic Cache Service where I can set a max-size on the System Cache but that service doesn't run on W2K8 R2. Is there a way to limit the size on the System Cache in W2K8 R2? Thank you in advance. Stefan > > > I have a file server that is constan...

replace server or Move mailboxes from Exchange 2k to exchange2k
This pertains to Exchange 2000 SP3 I recently purchased a new more powerful server to handle our exchange traffic. I am curious what is the best practice to replace the old server,while reducing downtime. Is there a way to add the new server, name it as the old server and reattach the edb files like you could with 5.5 or does AD not allow that. Or is it easier to add another exchange server to the domain and move the mailboxes? Thanks for the help How to move Exchange 2000 to new hardware and keep the same server name http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297289 ...

Fails to connect to server <OWA-servername>
Exchange 5.5 environment with OWA. Recently we have received lot of calls relating to "Fails to connect to server <OWA-servername>" . Called Microsoft PSS and removed Outlook 2000 from the Exchange server to eliminate conflicting cdo.dll . Also re-applied SP4 and the following hotfixes 818709,836862,842436a. The frequency of "Fails to connect to server" seem to have decreased however still do happen. Help! Do you have another server you can point the OWA server at? regedt32 on the OWA server: \HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb\Parameters\S...

Receive duplicated messages in Outlook (Exchange server)
I have Outlook 2002 configure to receive E-mail from Exchange server (NOT POP or IMAP protocol), default delivery location is a Personal Folder file. I have Outlook connect to Exchange Server via Dial-up connection, everytime it connects and gets new mail to Personal folder file, it does not delete mail on server, so for next dial-up connection, mail is downloaded to Personal folder again...and consequently, duplicated messages.... How can I fix the problem? Thanks! Chi Hi, Do you send and receive within a very short span of time ? Regards, Sudharson.AN "Le Van Chi" <d...

Outlook 2003
Hi I have an exchange server 5.5. 5 machines on my netwok are running Outlook 2003. When 3 of these machines open outlook, they get a 'Exchange server not responding' message. If you click retry, they then connect fine. I have tried doing a repair install of the software with no result. Any ideas would be appreciated. Checked the resources on the Exchange 5.5 machine? It could be too busy. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 --...

Emails from a cyrus pop3 server rejected by an exchange email server
Ok here is my problem. Emails from a cyrus pop3 server (where i am with @rti-international.net email domain) are being rejected by our corporate HQ email server in USA (with @rtiintl.com email domain. With this sort of error reported in the error email:- ********************************************************************************** This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: krast@rtiintl.com SMTP error from remote ma...

Remote Exchange Server Connectivity
We currently have multiple Exchange 2003 servers in our data center and are in the process of deploying remote Exchange servers & DC's to remote offices that are connected back to the main data center via a site to site VPN tunnel. The problem with this setup is a limitation on our current VPN server does not allow the remote offices to talk to each other. If one office wanted to share data with another they would have to place the data at the data center and then both offices could access it that way. This does not bode well for the default install of Exchange as mailbox use...

Massive problems after server crash......help..!
Hi, I need to pick as many brains as I can to get me out of a mess. I have just took over as a network manager at a school, Four servers all 2003 and 600 XP Pro workstations.I have not got much experience with exchange 2003. Yesterday the exchange server crashed, I knew I need to have a look at it before but only on my fourth day of work I had not got round to it. Now the server takes a age to reboot and then log on. After about tem minutes the desktop becomes workable. But my problem is that now Exchange manager will not launch. I check the services and all the exchange services are s...

Server accepts mail for multiple domains, replies with wrong one?
Hi there. Our server accepts mail for 3 different domain names. My question is, if someone sends an Email to user@domaina.com when outlook replies it always sends the mail as the Primary User on the AD account. Is there anyway to have it automatically SEND replies as the address that recieved the message? Here is an example. Bob has 3 addresses: bob@domain1.com bob@domain2.com bob@domain3.com Jane sends an email to bob@domain3.com in AD bob's primary account is bob@domain2.com so whenever bob replies outlook automatically sends the email back as bob@domain2.com Is there any...

Uploading Inbox on the Internet mail server
When I first attempted to connect to my inbox Outlook deleted all my messages on Internet mail server, I want they to be there too, what I can do? Thanks. LevanM wrote: || When I first attempted to connect to my inbox Outlook deleted all my || messages on Internet mail server, I want they to be there too, what || I can do? || Thanks. Configure your email account to leave messages on the server. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...