FTP upload to Server #2

I'd like to use the Save-On-Close Macro to automatically perform an FTP
upload to save the file to my server site.  Before I try to write the
macro code, I need to figure out how to do it manually.

I'm running Excel97 under WinXP.  I could probably write (with lots of
learning) a .bat file to do the job using a separate FTP application,
but then I'd have to install that file on all machines from which file
was to be uploaded.

The help menu says:

    On File Menu - Click "Save as"
    in "save in" box, click internet locations (FTP)
[ I only find a commands box in upper right corner,]

    The HELP instructions then say:
    from the list of FTP sites, double click the site your want

[In the COMMANDS BOX - There is the add/modify FTP Locations option.
And my FTP site is listed in the list of "FTP Sites."
When I click on it, it shows "upload.myisp.com"  where myisp represents
my ISP. ]

[I then insert my password in the password box and click ok]

The instructions said...

     then double click the location within the site
     in file name box, type name of work book, click save

I never get the option to select the location within the site.

CAN I DO A DIRECT UPLOAD OF AN EXCEL97 FILE TO AN FTP SITE?

0
ps144nyc (65)
12/16/2005 10:22:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

For those that may be interested.. since posting message  ... I have
found that one can write and use an XL97 macro to save a file to an FTP
server. Since the macro works with the key short cut, I expect that it I
will be successful with implementing as an auto close macro.

Basically you need to follow the XL help instructions being very very
very careful in how you specify the FTP site.

WindsurferLA

windsurferLA wrote:
> I'd like to use the Save-On-Close Macro to automatically perform an FTP
> upload to save the file to my server site.  Before I try to write the
> macro code, I need to figure out how to do it manually.
>
> I'm running Excel97 under WinXP.  I could probably write (with lots of
> learning) a .bat file to do the job using a separate FTP application,
> but then I'd have to install that file on all machines from which file
> was to be uploaded.
>
> The help menu says:
>
>    On File Menu - Click "Save as"
>    in "save in" box, click internet locations (FTP)
> [ I only find a commands box in upper right corner,]
>
>    The HELP instructions then say:
>    from the list of FTP sites, double click the site your want
>
> [In the COMMANDS BOX - There is the add/modify FTP Locations option.
> And my FTP site is listed in the list of "FTP Sites."
> When I click on it, it shows "upload.myisp.com"  where myisp represents
> my ISP. ]
>
> [I then insert my password in the password box and click ok]
>
> The instructions said...
>
>     then double click the location within the site
>     in file name box, type name of work book, click save
>
> I never get the option to select the location within the site.
>
> CAN I DO A DIRECT UPLOAD OF AN EXCEL97 FILE TO AN FTP SITE?

0
ps144nyc (65)

Urgent
Dears,,, How - using Exchange 2003- to manage two mail domains like (xxx.msft) and (yyy.msft) Via the same exchange server ( I Have only one Server) Also, I want to make my server is only backup mailserver for the mailserver that are hosted on the ISP server, in which when a message delivered to mailserver , a backup of it (copy) will be sent to my Exchange server that is in my LAN, either just it arrives or make a schedule to download all these messages to my Local Exchange server so, all my users will be connected to the local Mailserver to get their mailbox messages. Thank U &g...

Biztalk Server Partner Edition
I cannot find Biztalk installer on the CRM installation disks. The CRM integration datasheet from Microsoft says that CRM will ships with BizTalk Server 2002 Partner Edition, including tools and documentation for creating customized integrations. I need to buid an integration with another application based on Biztalk Server, the client has CRM installed and doesn't want to buy a Biztalk Server licence. Thank you, Doru It does not come with CRM. It comes with CRM Integration. They would have to have the "professional" version of CRM (which includes integration). ...

Can I migrate my old Exchange 5.5 from NT4 to 2003 server?
Totally have no idea about how to do it. Any tips, please. Thanks a lot Hi, Exchange 5.5 will not run on Windows 2003. Exchange 5.5 will run on Windows 2000. The only version of Exchange that will run on Windows 2003 is Exchange 2003. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "yuner" <annie_bai2000@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Bcc field #2
I've lost the email fanclublist of our site (http://www.conniekennie.nl). All I can do is look if I can read the bcc-field of a previous email. Is there a way to see the email addresses in this field (with a little tiny program perhaps)? Can someone help me? Please! Thank you in advance, Ed Rosman http://www.ed-rosman.nl http://www.conniekennie.nl are they messages you sent as BCC? If so, you can see the list on the message in the Sent folder. if someone BCCd you, you can't see the list of who was BCCd. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in ...

2 Workflows
I need to create a workflow that, when a field is populated in one entity, will create an Alert prompt to the user as a reminder that they need to edit a field on another entity. And I would also like to know how to create a workflow that will, when a field is populated in one entity, create a new record for another (related) entity. Is this possible? Thank you very much. On Aug 17, 6:49=A0am, Bernardina <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to create a workflow that, when a field is populated in one entity= , > will create an Alert prompt to the user as a reminde...

how to upload picture from desktop to face book
how to upload pictures from desktop document to facebook On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:46:01 -0700, eddy <eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to upload pictures from desktop document to facebook Eddy, you're not talking to a search engine here; this is a volunteer forum for Microsoft Access databases. We're real live human beings, and we're here for a different subject, not general "how do I use my computer" questions. I would expect that Facebook's website would have some help available, or that you could ask some other Facebook members. -...

Problems connecting to POP3 server
Hello I am using Outlook XP to access my POP3 email account. It has been working fine for about 2 years but all of a sudden, I'm getting error messages saying that it can't access the server. I know that the service is working fine because I can use a web-based service to connect to it. I haven't installed anything new on my machine and my web connection hasn't changed. Any idea? TIA Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's something to do with recent updates to my AV software. Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's somethi...

Graph With 2 Sources
Is there a way to create a graph which gets it's source data from 2+ worksheets? Each worksheet charts the same kind of data. The x-axis length does vary but I don't mind manually entering the cell references. Look at Charting Data From Different Sheets: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartDataFromDifferentSheets.html You can't put data from different sheets into the values for a single series. My question for you: if you don't mind manually entering cell references, why haven't you just linked cells in a third worksheet to the cells in the first two, and pl...

Unable to Access Mailbox Stores on one Server
All— I am the Exchange Administrator (MS Exchange 2003) with a medium sized company. We have two back-end and two front-end servers and I use Exchange 2003 System Manager to perform a number of administrative tasks throughout the day. I run the utility on a Windows XP Professional computer. I can get into the Storage Groups and underling Mailbox Stores on three of the four servers from this setup, but one of the back-end servers shows the mailbox stores with red down arrows which indicated that the stores are off-line (Yes Store.exe is running on the server). But if I log into the ...

email recovery #2
i just recently reformated my computer to the extentent of no lossage of files on my computer. everything was retained except the files. my isp said they should be still on my computer but dont know the extension to the files. i was wondering how i could recover these files. my os is win xp,office 2000, outlook 2000. outlook 2000 email, contacts, calendar, .etc is stored in a file with *.pst extension. default location is in a hidden directory under one of the following locations. \documents and settings\<userid>\application data\microsoft\outlook \documents and settings\<u...

Can't installt IBF on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name crm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://crm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. but i can access "http://crm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://crm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? ...

Exchange tabs missing on 2 other 2003 DC's
I have a simple question (I hope) I used to have a 2000 GC with exchange 2000 on it. I have now moved to a 2003 domain and have migrated to Exchange 2003. This is all on 1 server, and I know "now" that having the GC on the Exchange server is not a good idea (but we all make due on a limited budget). I have just recently added 2 DC in a hope to move the GC off of the exchange server. Here is my question: Why are the Exchange tabs missing from the 2 other DC’s? I was under the impression that I did not have to install the Exchange management tools on the other DC’s. If this...

the server will send emails again after rebooting if lots of recipients
Hi all, We are using a microsoft exchange 2000 server fully patched running on windows 2000 server professional fully patched also. My problem is that everytime i restart the server, it will send again the emails that have been sent to lots of recipients (like 70 or 100 recipients). No matter when the email have first been sent and delivered... It's the second time i restart the server and i had to freeze all the queues in order to stop some messages, but even messages sent in september last year were ready to be delivered again... I've looked for the logs, event log...

Small Business Server backup hangs server...
Hello - hoping that someone can assist here.. I have recently installed a Small Business Server 2003 for a client (not R2). After configuring the normal SBS backup via Server Management (see log below) ***** Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup created on 25/12/2009 at 10:36 AM" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m normal /j "Small Business Server Backup Job" /l:s /f "G:\Backup Files\Small Business Server Backup...

Outlook Client Error #2
I have one user that is receiving the following error after installing the CRM 4.0 Outlook client. "Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing." This happens after using Outlook for a few minutes. If I remove the client the error will stop appearing. She is using Outlook 2007 on windows XP. I have applied Hotfix kb970944 and all applicable updates to Outlook. The user dose have a large amount of emails in her inbox, but I have other u...

How to Connect to SQL Server??
Dears: Earlier today, I had to change strategies for retrieving information that I need for a utility program I am working on. Essentially, the program performs some low level Windows profile translations as we move to a new domain structure (AD) and a new standardized ID convention. We presently have two formats of standardized user IDs: one in our pre-merger format and used with the older NT domains, and a new standardized user ID. I have a table in SQL Server 2000 that contains two fields, one for each type of ID, and the table contains approximately 275,000 rows. This program is going t...

Can't install new report service server
Hi, We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003 sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server" option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Cheers, Kevin When you have SQL Server 2005, you will need to install the report server that comes with SQL Server 2005 and have the Microsoft CRM v3.0 attach to it. The Report Services is an option with SQL Server...

vba copyright protection #2
I have created a spreadsheet which utilizes many of my own custom built macros and formulas. Does anyone know whether or not my vba code and/or formulas can be copyrighted--ie legally protected? thanks, Bill --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Outlook slow saving attachments to nt 4.0 server
After upgrading to Windows XP Professional, Outlook 2000 is extremely slow in saving attachments to a Windows nt 4.0 server with Service Pack 6.0a. All service packs and updates were installed in both Outlook and Windows XP. Any suggestions?? Ben Horwich ...

there is no such object on the server
We have a four node active passive active passive cluster. One of our virtual servers is ok but on the second when we try to right click and go into and exchange server mailbix store we get an error There is no such object on the server Facility Win32 ID no: c0072030 Exchange System Manager. any help or pointers would be much appreciated Is the VS running OK, all the mailboxes functioning? Is this error generated on the server itself or are you trying to do this remotely? Nue "soulwaxer" <soulwaxer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C051D0C-137D-411D-A948...

2 copies of every new e-mail!
I asked my computer guru to make sure my e-mail goes to my desktop PC and my laptop. That seems to be working, but now I am getting 2 copies of every e-mail in my inbox Can somone tell me how to turn this off so I only receive one copy of each e-mail? On 30 Apr 2004 10:06, "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I asked my computer guru to make sure my e-mail goes to my desktop PC >and my laptop. That seems to be working, but now I am getting 2 copies >of every e-mail in my inbox. > >Can somone tell me how to turn this off so I only receive one...

If Then Statements #2
Need help. Need to turn the following into a formula within Excel. If B19>45 then A19 If B19>=45 but <100 then B19*A20 If B19>=100 but <300 then B19*A21 Thanks, Hi try =IF(B19>=100,IF(B19<300,B19*A21,"not defined"),IF(B19>=45,B19*A20,A19)) I assumed that your first condition should read B19<45 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mh4568 wrote: > Need help. Need to turn the following into a formula within Excel. > > If B19>45 then A19 > If B19>=45 but <100 then B19*A20 > If B19>=100 but <300 then B19*A21 > >...

Pivot Table percentages #2
I have created a pivot table that is running off some data that looks like this (simplified version): Name Accept Decline Joe 1 0 Mary 1 0 Fred 0 1 The pivot table then counts these columns to give the total number of accepts and declines (on 2 seperate lines). Is there a way within the pivot table to represent the declines as a percentage of the accepts? I've tried using the % of Row and % of Column, but I can't find a way of doing it as a percentage of a different column/row. I have...

Service STORE is falling #2
Hello to All, I need a help with the problem that is happening with our server of exchange 5.5 and windows NT 4.0. The problem that is happening is that suddenly the service of STORE falls, seeking the mistake that is happening found the following note of MS that I am enclosing, only that we already sought and we didn't get to find a program to be accessing some of the mentioned doors. Did this problem happen please already with you or you know what can be? Regards, Lincoln Rollin Backup and apply SP4 and post-SP hot-fixes. Lincoln Rollin wrote: > Hell...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2
Hi! We are using mscrm 1.2 successfully for a while now (no mail router, no outlook client). Now we tried to integrate it into our exchange environment using the outlook client. Online is working fine but the offline functionality isn't working. Obviously the local msde- database is not getting any data. The error message is: "Metadata-Cache error, No entity!" The log says: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E00. Error Message: Exception...