From VBA: How to select a column by column number instead of letter? #2

I'm in MS Access and don't know from column letters - all my constants are in
terms of column number.

I'd like to select, say, column number 7 and hide it....

?
--
PeteCresswell
0

Gord and I sent you a macro solution for EXCEL as this is an Excel ng.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message
> I'm in MS Access and don't know from column letters - all my constants are
in
> terms of column number.
>
> I'd like to select, say, column number 7 and hide it....
>
> ?
> --
> PeteCresswell

0
Don
2/4/2005 8:20:16 PM
Per Don Guillett:
>Gord and I sent you a macro solution for EXCEL as this is an Excel ng.

Worked like a champ from MS Access.

Only problem I had was a little RCI....thought the command wasn't working, then
found that applying column formatting after the command restored visibility to
true.   Move the command to the end of the routine and the formatting stuck.

Thanks again.
--
PeteCresswell
0

quick way to combine 2 files?
If you have two excel files, both of which have 3 or 4 worksheets that are all used in lookup routines etc etc, is there an easy way to combine the two into a single file, as I think it won't work just by copying and pasting individual worksheets over in their entirety tks in advance LeeH Lee, With both workbooks open, group the sheets of one workbook (using Ctrl clicks on the tabs) then right click and select Move or Copy and then move them into the other workbook. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Lee Harris web" <lee.harris4@virgin.net> wrote in message news:32c0bd8d.04012...

2-D charting with multiple rows
I have a power user who wishes to increase the size of his 2-D graphics but is limited to using 32000 records. He needs to be able to use 64,000 records. Any suggestions? I think this might be something that is changed in regedit but I am not sure. Thanks! Yep, and you can bypass the 256 column limit with Windows API calls. Joking aside, how about two series, formatted identically. If you have duplicate entries in the legend, select the legend, then select the text of one entry, and press the Delete key. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

how do I insert sequential numbering on a sheet of 10 pages?
-- Morrell http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

TEXT STATUS -VS- Numbers
We have name of projects with 8 different status. We want to create a chart with the name of the project on the X axis and text status on the Y axis. Can this be done and if so how. Please help DDBeards If you assign numbers 1-8 for each status, you can then hide the 1-8 axis labels, and add custom ones: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DDBeards wrote: > We have name of projects with 8 different status. We want to cre...

SP2 screws Excel. Now only puts in decimal numbers
I installed SP2 for office 2003 yesterday and now anything I type into my excel workbook shows up with .45 instead of 45 which I typed in.. Any ideas? Tools -> Options -> Edit tab. Uncheck "Fixed Decimal Places" HTH knut "Tboz" <Tboz@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:42223421-8753-4E47-B4BE-ACED5FD1EF24@microsoft.com... >I installed SP2 for office 2003 yesterday and now anything I type into my > excel workbook shows up with .45 instead of 45 which I typed in.. Any > ideas? tools>options>calculation>precision as displ...

Crecordset::addnew functionality fails #2
This problem is about recordset functionality. Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and can't be entered. So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to long can solve this problem. Look at the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of RFX_Long. And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error. So wouid anyone please let me know: 1)How to resolve the issue? 2) How value can be entered in data...

inviting investors, students, entrepreneurs #2
http://garunar.wordpress.com/ PRIVATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE owned by students, entrepreneurs DIGITAL EARTHLINK CONNECTING ENTERPRISE EqUaL OPPORTUNITY RESEARCH/SCHOLARSHIP- MBA, BA, BSC, MPHIL., MRES. EDUTAINMENT Homemade Re-Defined WEALTH MANAGEMENT Jewels of Orient: Fast-track wisdom ECONOMIC INCUBATOR LIFETIME HEALTHCARE, online CLINIC & Ayurveda GLOBAL MARITIME/ LAND BUSINESS with over 16000 boutique luxury businesses including 8000 in Asia BEHAVIORAL FINANCE/CANCER THERAPY/ MULTICULTURAL vipassana CEOs, Glamour, Parties, Garunar schools offering microfinance DIGITAL EMPIRES FOR EMOT...

Outlook Client v 1.2 not working in offline mode
Hello, we have installed several CRM Outlook Clients, version 1.2, on the laptops of our salespeople. They are able to work online perfectly, and when going offline, synchronization seems to work, as well. However, after going offline and synchronizing, when they try to open any of the CRM folders, they get an "Access Denied" message (this does not happen in online mode!). I have adjusted the permissions on the UNC Snapshot share on the SQL server, and the Publication Access Lists on the SQL server, and still get the same errors (identical on all of the clients). Does anyone have a...

move rows from column to column
I have Column b with Name in one row and number in 2nd row want to move all numbers to Column a and leave name in Column b without having to move each one seperate. 1500 records. Use a help column, in the first adjacent cell type =ISNUMBER(A2) where A2 is the first cell with name copy down 1500 rows by either dragging the formula or double click the lower right corner of the help cell (as long as it is in an adjacent column) Then apply data>filter>autofilter and filter on FALSE in the help columns, select all visible cells and copy and paste somewhere else, then select TRUE from ...

Excel VBA
I have created a custom menu bar..a section of the code below...but d not know how to create a 2nd level to look like the example below. Period > Month > Current Year (action) Any suggestions. Thanks. ' Add a new menu Set NewMenu = NewMenuBar.Controls.Add _ (Type:=msoControlPopup) NewMenu.Caption = "&Period" ' Add a new menu item Set NewItem = NewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) With NewItem .Caption = "&By Month" .OnAction = "Main" End Wit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should find your answer here (...

VBA to suppress a specifc line item in SOP Grid
I am looking for a way to suppress one line item on the sales transaction entry window. My example is, if there are 12 line items entered on a sop order then the order is saved. If a users goes back to that order I would like to display all line items except a single line that has a specific item number (for example “Z-DUMMY”). ------=_NextPart_0001_444A8341 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Drial This is possible using Dexterity or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). In Dexterity you can use a SQL Where clause or a reject record command in the LINE_FILL scri...

How can i change this VBA project According to Indian Numeric
Sir/Madam I got a VBA project from MCServices, But problem is How i should modify this to display This Numeric Value like - 2551525.35 It should display in text = Twenty Five Lac Fifty One Thousand Five Hundred Twenty Five Rs and Thirty Five Paise. I m sending Herewith my VBA project. Pls change necessary and help me. thanks Rao Ratan Singh Option Explicit 'Main Function Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber) Dim Dollars, Cents, Temp Dim DecimalPlace, Count ReDim Place(9) As String Place(2) = " Thousand " Place(3) = " Million " Place(4) = &...

Downloading Crystal report 9.2.2
Hi, I am trying to download and install Crystal report 9.2.2. I found a link in one of the postings ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip, but it seems like the link is no longer valid. Could anyone guide me to where else I can download Crystal Report 9.2.2? Thanks in advance, Alvin Hi Alvin, If you have a license for v9 you can get 9.2.2 by contacting BusinessObjects. They will validate your crystal 9 license then either send you 9.2.2 or give you a download location. You can download from the following location but you need login details - https://businessobj...

Deleting a store from HQ #2
We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores, and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores. How would I go about deleting a store to fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated. LAllison wrote: > We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores, > and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores. How would I go > about deleting a store to fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated. You can delete the 25° stores from databases via sql .. cod How would I delete just one of them?...

How do I properly attach vba code to a workbook
I have a function and entered it into the vba editor, syntax and all is clean, but my spreadsheet won't recognize the new command when I go to use it. displays #name? etc. etc. This is my first time to actually use the vba editor, so obviously I'm missing some basics somewhere... T-I-A... Where did you put the code? It should be in a regular code module, NOT a sheet's code module or the ThisWorkbook code module. In the VBA Editor, go to the Insert menu and choose Module. Put the code in that module. Also, if you are attempting to call the function from another workbook,...

How to combine contents of 2 outlook caledar folders back into onl
Trying to undo archiving of calendar "golfingsailor" <golfingsailor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1447A0BF-070A-4AD5-B991-A9B4074C3C7E@microsoft.com... > Trying to undo archiving of calendar If it's not open already, open the archive PST (File>Open>Outlook Data File). Using either the Calendar or Folder List view of the Navigation Pane, open the calendar in the archive PST. Display that calendar in a table view like By Category or Events. Select all the items in the calendar by pressing Ctrl+A or select the ones you wish to re...

Change column color in chart when column value is over/under goal
No use of VBA or macros expected. It is believed to be Excel chart feature. Any ideas on how to change column colors (Red/Green) if value exceeds or meets the preset goal. Eg. if goal is 4% - anything at or above 4 should show green and under 4 should be red. Assuming your data is in A2:A20 B2: =IF(A2>=4,A2,NA()) C2: =IF(A2<4,A2,NA()) copy B2:C2 down, add some labels to B1:C1, then chart B1:C20. This will give you two series, one for the aboves, one for the rest. Select each data series, right click, choose format, and set the colour as required. -- --- HTH Bob (there's ...

listview control display as a group #2

MOP/SOP LINK #2
Hi, I created a new item and its fulfillment method is Make to Order-Manual. I created a sales order and a mfg order for this item. In GP 8.0, I opened the MOP/SOP Link window, only saw the MO on the right side for this item and the SO didn't show up on the left side. Did I miss any step to link MOP and SOP? What should I do, so the SO will show up in the left side? Thanks. stien Make sure the end date is set correctly, it must be out farther than the requested ship date on the SO (the default is the current date) also make sure you have a SITE ID in, even if you only have one s...

Check box and Command button code #2
This code will change the named range of cells yellow when the check box is checked and the command button is pressed which is what I want it to do, but when you check the check box, it will take the user over to my second worksheet named form where the range of cells are. I would like for it to wait to take them over after they press the command button because multiple check boxes will need to be checked. Any help is greatly appreciated. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call CheckBox2_Click End Sub Private Sub CheckBox2_Click() If Me.CheckBox2.Value = False Then ...

Jetstress #2
Hi, Can I use Jetstress on Production environment after Exchange is installed? I still do not have any data on Exchange and has not gone live yet. Will running Jetstress after installing Exchange break anything? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks, On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 04:09:02 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can I use Jetstress on Production environment after Exchange is installed? Yes >I still do not have any data on Exchange and has not gone live yet. > >Will running Jetstress after installing Exchange break ...

Documents for Both A4 and Letter
Need help; I want to create multi-page documents that are identical in A4 and Letter. Is there a way to have "floating" margins, opr something else that will help this? We are combining our technical documents in North America and Europe, and when I change back and forth from A4 to Letter, I get different number of pages, etc.. that I cannot live with. Microsoft Word 2003 Any help would be great! Thanks -- Craig This may be almost impossible to resolve, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm You *may* be able to set the conditions for each do...

Reference last entry in column
In Excel 2002, I need a way to reference the last entry in a column of data that has data added to it on a regular basis. Is there a way to do this that is fairly simple? I am trying to make a checkbook register in excel and I want to have the current balance shown in one place at the top so that when the list of entries gets long the user doesn't have to scroll to the bottom to see the current balance. I also want to have it show on a different sheet where the current balances for different accounts can all be seen one one page. Any help would be appreciated. Hi see: http://www.xl...

Import from Excel #2
Hi, Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? -- Chanikya See http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php "cndesu" wrote: > Hi, > Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? > -- > Chanikya See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. "cndesu" <cndesu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05433109-7FE5-4E53-8DE2-E3E2F5A8B34B@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? Hi, I have a pdf file consists of transactions which bank gave me online. Now Can I import this file to money? -- ...

help with CRM1.2 deployment
Hi, I installed MS CRM1.2 on a Windows 2003 server. The sample database (Adventure Cycles Work) and license key provided used; CRM server added to the Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access group; installed and accessed as domain administrator. When I access the web application at the server with localhost or server name, it works just fine. However, when I try to access it through client machines in the same domain, IE will simplely crash/disappear after I input my user name and password. Someone please help me... Thanks in advance! -duoduo It is due to the fact that MBS CRM uses pop-up wi...