Freezing Panes..

I want to freeze the top row, but when I select it and select window-->
Freeze Panes, it freezes rows 1 thru 13 instead of just row 1. This is the
second worksheet in my workbook, freeze row 1 works fine on sheet 1.

Any ideas?

0
treddderx (33)
12/18/2004 7:11:25 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
there's your cursort located BEFORE you goto this menu option (it has to be
in cell A2)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Brian wrote:
> I want to freeze the top row, but when I select it and select
> window--> Freeze Panes, it freezes rows 1 thru 13 instead of just row
> 1. This is the second worksheet in my workbook, freeze row 1 works
> fine on sheet 1.
> Any ideas?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/18/2004 7:18:28 PM
Thanks Frank. Worked like a charm.

I don't understand why it the cursor needed to be in A2, I thought if I
highlighted the row I wanted to freeze that was how it worked.

> Hi
> there's your cursort located BEFORE you goto this menu option (it has to
> be in cell A2)
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> Brian wrote:
>> I want to freeze the top row, but when I select it and select
>> window--> Freeze Panes, it freezes rows 1 thru 13 instead of just row
>> 1. This is the second worksheet in my workbook, freeze row 1 works
>> fine on sheet 1.
>> Any ideas?

0
treddderx (33)
12/18/2004 8:41:57 PM
Hi
you always have to move the cursor in the row BELOW and the column to the
RIGHT of the area which you want to freeze

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Brian wrote:
> Thanks Frank. Worked like a charm.
>
> I don't understand why it the cursor needed to be in A2, I thought if
> I highlighted the row I wanted to freeze that was how it worked.
>

> "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> there's your cursort located BEFORE you goto this menu option (it
>> has to be in cell A2)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>
>> Brian wrote:
>>> I want to freeze the top row, but when I select it and select
>>> window--> Freeze Panes, it freezes rows 1 thru 13 instead of just
>>> row 1. This is the second worksheet in my workbook, freeze row 1 works
>>> fine on sheet 1.
>>> Any ideas?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/18/2004 9:03:42 PM
That's how it should work, as by selecting Row 2 you just made the activecell
cell A2.  Not sure what happened with yours.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Frank. Worked like a charm.
>
> I don't understand why it the cursor needed to be in A2, I thought if I
> highlighted the row I wanted to freeze that was how it worked.
>

> "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> there's your cursort located BEFORE you goto this menu option (it has to be
>> in cell A2)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>
>> Brian wrote:
>>> I want to freeze the top row, but when I select it and select
>>> window--> Freeze Panes, it freezes rows 1 thru 13 instead of just row
>>> 1. This is the second worksheet in my workbook, freeze row 1 works
>>> fine on sheet 1.
>>> Any ideas?

0
ken.wright (2489)
12/19/2004 9:57:54 AM
Here's an old post that might help explain:

http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt

--
HTH,

RD

"Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Frank. Worked like a charm.
>
> I don't understand why it the cursor needed to be in A2, I thought if I
> highlighted the row I wanted to freeze that was how it worked.
>

> "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > there's your cursort located BEFORE you goto this menu option (it has to
> > be in cell A2)
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Frank Kabel
> > Frankfurt, Germany
> >
> > Brian wrote:
> >> I want to freeze the top row, but when I select it and select
> >> window--> Freeze Panes, it freezes rows 1 thru 13 instead of just row
> >> 1. This is the second worksheet in my workbook, freeze row 1 works
> >> fine on sheet 1.
> >> Any ideas?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

sql server freezes excel
Hello, I'm using sql server's DTS to import an excel spreadsheet. This works fine, apart from after I have used the DTS package, I then cannot open an excel spreadsheet. I click on the spreadsheet I want to open, in the same way as usual, and the outline of the spreadsheet appears, with the toolbar along the top, but instead of the spreadsheet data, this frame contains a replica of the desktop, as if the application was frozen. The application is still running though - the toolbar works, but if you move the application around the screen it leaves ghosting marks..... If I shut down ...

My reading pane won't open and I can't turn Outlook off
I have Outlook 2007. I have my disk partitioned so I can use it and also my wife. My wifes Oultook is terribly slow. the reading pane won't show the message and I cannot turn it off. Though all other commands work fine (eg I can minimise and reduce size etc. It is driving me CRAZY. Paddy have you tried using help, office diagnostics? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-requ...

MS templates open without help pane
Hiya, Hope you can help. I have used a number of Microsoft Excel Templates. My question is how can I open these spreadsheets without the online help pane opening automatically? Thanks in advance -- Carys Hopefully I understand this right. You mean the window on the side (getting started or whatever)? If so you should be able to go to tools -> Options and in the view tab uncheck Startup Task Pane. If thats not what you mean let me know...I'm sort of new at this heh "Carys" wrote: > Hiya, > > Hope you can help. I have used a number of Microsoft Excel Templat...

PC freezes after upgrades
After the last upgrades were installed, my computer now freezes up after intervals of non-use. It no longer goes to "sleep" mode - just freezes; screen is up but no curser or keyboard control. I have to manually turn it off and on. Service Pack KB948465 seems to be the problem. Could this be? -- mpaintmd mpaintmd2431 wrote: > After the last upgrades were installed, my computer now freezes up after > intervals of non-use. It no longer goes to "sleep" mode - just freezes; > screen is up but no curser or keyboard control. I have to manually turn it...

Access sub windows temporarily freezing
I've had this issue for years and figured it was just something that only I had a problem with. I starting to talk to some of my customers and the same thing is happening to them. Occasionally, in the query grid, I can't scroll down on the field list in the table windows, or can't scroll left or right in the grid, can't resize the table field list windows etc. In the database window sometimes I can't expand the window, scroll around, select an object etc. The way to fix it is to just grab the window's Blue Bar and just move it around a little bit and then all of ...

Using MBCS & Dynamically linked MFC works on XP, but freezes on Vi
I have a large unmanaged C++/MFC application built using VS2005. It calls out to another third party set of COM components and one related DLL. The application runs fine on XP, but freezes when trying to make two specific calls on Vista: a) DLL function extern HRESULT GMSecureOEMCheckOEMProductString(LPWSTR OEMProductString); b) COM component property ptrRasterPropServ->PutFilename(_bstr_t(csFileName)); If we change to UNICODE (from MBCS) or to a Statically linked MFC (from a dynamically linked MFC) things start to work again. This problem only occurs in release mode (with MBCS &...

PC freezes windows 7
Hi, Have had this problem for a long time (6 months). My PC freezes intermittently and I have to restart manually sometimes this is once, other times it might happen 5 times a day. It occurs randomly, not always when I am using the PC. I could be away from the computer and check and it could be frozen. Acer told me it was a memory problem and they fixed it (supposedly) but it still freezes intermittently. Then the image of the OS was corrupt so they had to reinstall from their disc. It seemed better in winter, so I thought it might be the fan, but it seems sometimes to d...

Freeze pane issue
This should be easy but it seems to be confounding me. I am using Excel 2007 and I want to Freeze all row above row 8 (so the always remain visible as I scroll down). I select row 8 and select View and Freeze Panes my only option seems to be to Freeze the Top Row, and that is exactly what it does. What am I missing? When you select row 8, in Freeze panes, you can select the uppermost option, which is Freeze Panes. This freezes all rows above your selected row. Apparently, you selected Freeze Top Row which freezes the topmost visible row. Tyro "Patrick C. Simonds" <ordn...

Question about freezing cells
My Excel skills aren't the best. I can do some real basic things but because I don't do a lot with Excel, I still need help. Is there a way to freeze both a row and a column at the same time? We use Excel 2000 at work to keep track of available accrued STD (short-term disability). The employees names are in the first column and the pay period is about row 6. I would like to be able to freeze the worksheet so that I can still see the employee name and the pay period date without hiding columns. (Sometimes you need to see when the employee used some of that time.) I know I can d...

MS Publisher 2003 irritatingly freezing all the time
Hi everyone I am running into a very frustrating issue with Publisher. I am a Publisher first time user. I am running Win XP with Office 2003 on it. I can open Publisher files (with some delay but that is not the real issue) but whenever I try to edit it, for example, I double click on a text box to edit it, the program freezes, sometimes it allows me in the text box after about 5-10 minutes of freeze, sometimes it does not and I have to kill the process from Task Manager. I initially thought that the problem was that my file was too big, it is 245 MB. So I created another publisher file...

Mail getting stuck on recieving .... freezes
All of a sudden ... incoming mail freezes and I have to log out and then end to get new email ... just started happening since last microsoft vista update .... What can I do ...??? Which third party security programs are you running? Some of them are not very compatible with Windows Mail, and new incompatibilities tend to occur when updates are installed. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Gary in INDY" <Gary in INDY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:4B02A2A6-4D65-4...

How do I prevent Outlook from freezing?
I am having an issue with Outlook 2002 and 2003; they freeze on a regular basis, especially in the morning when opening for the first time. Not using Word as the email editor seems to help; are there any suggestions on what the problem could be? You cannot have 2 versions of Outlook on the same computer. "Rebecca" wrote: > I am having an issue with Outlook 2002 and 2003; they freeze on a regular > basis, especially in the morning when opening for the first time. Not using > Word as the email editor seems to help; are there any suggestions on what the > problem co...

Search Freezes
I posted a similar question before and now I am updating it. Windows XP SP3; Internet Explorer 8 When I make a search from Start > Search it list a number of files but half way freezes. I have to shut it donw in the Task Manager. If I right click the drive ans Search I get a higher number of files and ends normally. I now found out that when I go Start > Search, select Document and enter what I am searching for it will freeze. But if I click on Use Advanced Search Option ( which it already has a red tick on it) and without changing any of the parameter, search will be com...

Freezing Top and Bottom Rows
Can I Freeze both Top and bottom pane on my worksheet, so when I scrool up an down I can see them both. Thanks /keith Keith No. Just the top row(s) can be frozen. Sort of work-around.....Window>New Window>Arrange>Horizontal. Have one skinny window at bottom and freeze top row in top window. Turn off row and column headers, scroll bars and sheet tabs on skinny window. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 00:47:58 GMT, "Keith Camacho" <kfcam@earthlink.net> wrote: >Can I Freeze both Top and bottom pane on my worksheet, so when I scrool up >an dow...

Navigation Pane and Reading Pane adjustments in Outlook 2003 Beta
I am using Outlook 2003 beta and I would like to use the Navigation and reading Panes the same way they were in 2002. Previously in 2002 I was able to just click on the name of the mailbox I was in and the Navigation Pane would automatically pop up so I could choose another Mailbox. Now I have to hit Alt-F1 or leave it up all the time. Clicking the name of the mailbox no longer does anything. This is a major PAIN. excuse the pun.. Also, I don't like the "Last Week", "Yesterday" "Date: Monday date indicators headers in the message list pane. Can I remove them? I c...

Outlook 2003 Freezes!!
I just got Outlook 2003 about 2 weeks ago. There has not been one day that it has locked up at least 4 or 5 times a day. There is not pattern for the lock ups. Sometimes it does checking mail, sometimes when I am working with the Calendar, sometimes when I am just wanting to miniumize it. I have tried Detect and Repair still have problems. I have uninstalled/reinstalled still locks up. I had OutlookXP previously, it worked fine, no problems. I am really frustrated. It is especially frustrating when I have people standing at my desk waiting for me to pull up the Calendar so I can get th...

outlook vs outlook express preview pane
in outlook express, you can view multiple jpg files in the preview pane but in outlook (i use 2003) you have to double click each file to view it... is there a setting in outlook to enable viewing multiple jpg's in the preview pane??? thanks ...

windows freezes at login and safe mode dont work!
my computer was working fine until my 11 year old got ahold of it and i saw she was in the msconfig screen unchecking things by the time i could say stop she restarted the netbook and now it freezes after i enter a password in at log in. i tried starting in safe mode and it freezes there also. i have tried everything even debugging mode still freezes. how can i get back in a fix what she did? please remember this a netbook im using "NO CD ROM" and no disk came with it. thanks for any help you might be able to give robbie robbie wrote: > my computer was workin...

Entourage 13.0.4
Users are crying out about this. On Entourage 13.0.4 with Exchange 2010 meeting invites are showing up wrong only in the "When:" field of the Preview Pane. On their calendar and the rest of the preview pane the time is correct. We are eastern standard time (which entourage says is GMT-4:00 but the OWA says GMT-5:00 and so does their date & time preferences). Is there a fix for this? I can provide a screen shot if someone needs it (and if the news forum allows uploading [which I doubt it does]) On 2010-03-18 14:39:10 -0400, Nathaniel said: > On Entoura...

Outlook 2000 freezes
Sometimes Outlook 2000 will freeze on me when I try to send emails with HTML in them, with plain text it's not a problem. I do have all updates from MS loaded & installed. My PST file is 850 MB, and I believe that Outlook 2000 should be good for a PST of 2 GB, correct? Any ideas? Thanks, Lukas ...

Header Pane Width
I am trying to put 3 descriptions in a header over the first 3 columms of my worksheet. When I type in the three words, the last word goes to the next line and prints under the first word. Is there anyway to make the left pane wider? This would allow me to have all words on the same tine and over the correct col. Thanks for any help You misread my message this is in the HEADER. There is no options for changing anythink that you discussed >-----Original Message----- >It sounds like you might have "word wrap" set on that cell........highlight >the cell, right-click &g...

Font Reading Pane
Is it possible to change the size of font in my Outlook Reading Pane.If so I would like to increase it. I am using Outlook 2007. Thanks. Vic You can for plain text (tools, options. mail format, stationery and fonts). HTML and RTF use font sizes set by the sender - you can zoom and use larger text sizes but the changes don't stick. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekl...

Microsoft CRM Outlook Freezes or hangs with any action
Outlook freezes or hangs with every action, even when tracking emails, this has gone on for so long. can any one help???? When we migrated from goldmine to crm, we had hundreds of thousands of records. When using the Outlook client for the first time, we noticed this as well. It turned out that Outlook was syncing with the CRM database. You can check this by going to the CRM drop down and choosing sync progress, or the like. Christine wrote: > Outlook freezes or hangs with every action, even when tracking emails, this > has gone on for so long. can any one help???? Also confirm the f...

fixing or freezing cell links
I have a multi-sheet workbook in which forumlas in one sheet link to cells on subsequent sheets. When I insert a column in one of the referred to sheets the forumlas automatically change to the "new" location (e.g. C25 become D25). Is there a way to prevent the forumlas from changing as I insert columns? Hi try =INDIRECT("'sheet1'!C25") >-----Original Message----- >I have a multi-sheet workbook in which forumlas in one sheet link to cells on subsequent sheets. When I insert a column in one of the referred to sheets the forumlas automatically change to the...

Outlook 2K freezing on Japanese characters.
This is a problem that I have seen a couple of times but have not been successful in fixing except to rebuild the entire machine. Whenever an email with a non-English character set comes into the inbox, the client freezes when you select that email. I have installed multilingual support, although from the documentation I have read this is for editing not viewing the messages. Nothing I have done seems to work in fixing this problem. Any suggestions? Ivan email.ivan@nrsweb.com ...