Freezing columns does not work

Freezing rows works, but clicking in on cell c3, I want columns a, b and
rows 1-2 to freeze which does not happen. Though I see the bold lines
between B&C and 2&3, the freezing does not happen. Is there an option in
Tools options which control this view or is there something wrong I am
doing? Thanks

0
padhye.m (42)
10/24/2007 8:59:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What does occur?

Rows 1 & 2  scroll out of view as you scroll down the sheet?

Columns A and B scroll out of view as you scroll right?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 02:29:19 +0530, "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote:

>Freezing rows works, but clicking in on cell c3, I want columns a, b and
>rows 1-2 to freeze which does not happen. Though I see the bold lines
>between B&C and 2&3, the freezing does not happen. Is there an option in
>Tools options which control this view or is there something wrong I am
>doing? Thanks

0
Gord

Preventing Viewing of certain columns by recipient
How does one prevent the recipient of an excel spreadsheet from unhiding columns or rows. For example, I have hidden columns of "cost price" on a spreadsheet and do not want the recipient to be able to view the "cost price" info. Well, you could password protect the sheet (Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet...), but anyone with enough gumption to find these newsgroups could bypass that protection in a heartbeat: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html You should assume that if someone can open your workbook that they have full access to everything in it. A...

when a great lot items insert into listctrl,how to avoid freeze problem?
For example,I insert 5000 items into listctrl,it can not display the result and freeze a while. How do I proceed the display and which notify message should be proposed? Thanks in advance! Well, you haven't really defined what you mean by "freeze". For example, if you have a loop that adds 5000 items, all at once, there is an excellent chance that because you are not getting back to the main message pump in your main GUI thread that you simply aren't going to see the data until all 5000 have been added. If it takes a while to add 5000 items, then you will see your whole a...

how do I read excel documents on microsoft works?
I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home edition I cannot create an association with any existing program that I am aware of. Anyone have any ideas? Try downloading the Excel viewer from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez Excel MVP "Sotonseagull" <Sotonseagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37CF0032-472A-43BB-806A-F8EB40AA231B@microsoft.com... > I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home editi...

Is there a quick way to delete all duplicate rows in a column?
Column A consists of names; Column B consists of dates. If a name is registered on more than one occasion, there will be two entries with same name, different dates. Is there a quick way to delete these duplicates other than sorting Col. A alphabetically and deleting them manually? In C1 add =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"Dup","") and copy down then filter on column C, and select Dup, and delete visible rows -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jellaby" <Jellaby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Freeze panes automatically freezes at r14 when I highlight r1?
When I highlight row 1 and click freeze panes, it automatically freezes at row 14 and column B. I don't want that, I want only row 1 to be frozen. Is this a quirk in Excel 2000? Please help! Thanks Christene Excel freezes above, and/or to the left of, the selection. If you select cell A2, or row 2, row 1 will be frozen. If you select cell B1, or column B, column A will be frozen. If you select cell B2, row 1 and column A will be frozen When you select row 1, which has nothing above it, Excel "helps" you by freezing near the centre of the window. Christene wrote: > Whe...

HidD_GetFeature() working, HidD_SetFeature() not working
Hi all, Afetr a lot of tries I finally found and hid descriptor that work as keyboard hid minidriver and, in my intention, should allow me to communicate with the driver thought the two api calls HidD_SetFeature() and HidD_GetFeature(). Unfortunately it seem thta only HidD_GetFeature() is working. If I try to use HidD_SetFeature() I note that the driver receive the HID_SET_FEATURE event but the buffer passed to the event that should contain my custom data to set is always 2 bytes length, not the original size I passed using the HidD_SetFeature() call (in my test example I passed a ...

How to sort a column in reverse (right-to-left)
Hello, Below you can find an example of my worksheet: DC 00 03 20 FE 06 55 20 BD 09 29 40 CT 08 41 70 GT 09 92 80 In this example, you see the sort as I want it (right-to-left and top-to-bottom). But how can I let Excel do this sort? Now I'm first sorting all the numbers by hand. Can you split the column into 4 seperate columns using data --->text to columns (format all cells as text beforehand so you dont lose leading 0's)? Then Select entire region and sort by Col D then other criteria "retman" <retman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C35BFB65-8...

ListBox column has lost formatting.
Suddenly the currency columns in my list boxes have lost the currency formatting. The underlying queries are OK in this respect. Please help. Hi Frank, Post your SQL string for the listbox. Most likely the field "Format ("somefield", "$#.##") As SomeName" is missing. Frank Martin wrote: >Suddenly the currency columns in my list >boxes have lost the currency formatting. >The underlying queries are OK in this >respect. >Please help. -- Please Rate the posting if helps you Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thank you: here...

retaining original column widths in excel
How do I retain original column widths when opening excel files sent to me. ...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

How to open worksheet with preset columns displayed?
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with 8 columns, A-H. I have "frozen" the first two columns, A & B, so that I may scroll back and forth between columns C-H, while columns A& B remain on the screen. For some reason, each time I open the worksheet, columns C-H are all shifted over one column to the left, so that column C is not visible. What I see are these three columns like this: A | B | D But what I want to see are the first three columns like this: A | B | C So each time I open the worksheet I have to manually scroll columns C- H to reveal column C. Even if ...

Compare Last name in Column to Business Name in another column
Hi All, I have 2 columns: Column A is "Last Name" Column B is "Business Name" I would like to indicate in Column C if the last name is locate anywhere in the Business Name column. For example: Column A = "Smith" Column B = "Smith, Varney, Ross Insurance Inc." or Column A = "Smith" Column B = "John J. Smith, M.D. LLC" Either of the above would give a match and need to be indicated in third column with text like "Matched" or something similar. I'm sure this is a simple text string comp...

New record dosn't work?
The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond when I click on it. What have done wrong? Using Access 2007. On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:22:01 -0800, Keyman65 <Keyman65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You may have a query that is not-updatable. That is pretty normal for complex queries and certain classes of queries such as GroupBy and Union queries that are never updatable. Sometimes DISTINCTROW will make a query updatable. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond &...

hyperlinks not working
The hyperlinks in my outlook messages are no longer working. They were using Netscape 4.7 as the browser although I have tried to get it to use IE. I have removed Netscape 4.7 and now they don't work at all. I have since installed Netscape 7.1 and they still don't work. I really just want the links to use IE as the browser. ...

default row height and column widths
I need to paste alarge amount of text into a cell without affecting the width of column or height of row Hi, I couldn't get my copy of Excel (2003) to do otherwise, without choosing either Format> Cells> Alignment> Wrap text or Format> Column> AutoFit Selection AFTER pasting text into the cell. Are you saying this is not your experience? PS: posting your e-mail address in a public forum is a good way to get both spam and viruses sent to it. -IanRoy "purchasing@overstocks.com.au" wrote: > I need to paste alarge amount of text into a cell without affecting ...

Combination chart - Line
Hello! I am trying to create a combination chart that has bars and a line. The bars should all relate to one axis while the line should relate to the secondary axis. The problem is that when I make the chart, it relegates one of my bars to a line. I can change the axis to the primary where it should be but it is a line, not a bar. I have also tried making a column only chart and add in my line and secondary axis but to no avail. As soon as I put in the secondary axis, Excel converts one of my bars to a line. Any input would be a great help! Thanks, Debbie Hi, Make you own com...

Autofit column Help?
Hi there, The code below works great ... BUT ... I need it to apply to only columns G and H ...PLUS ... I would like to make this across the 25 worksheets I have. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Me.Application.ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll Target.EntireColumn.AutoFit On Error Resume Next Target.Dependents.EntireColumn.AutoFit End Sub Hi Tim, Try the following Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim isect As Range Dim ws As Worksheet Set isect = Application.Intersect _ (Target, Columns(&...

Upgraded Outlook 2003 & application freezes
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from XP Office & it constantly freezes on me for no apparent reasons. a. It freezes when I am typing a mail halfway b. It freezes when I multi-task & switch from 1 application to another It is most irritating & I cannot seem to find a solution for it. None of the other Office 2003 - word, powerpoint or excel does this. Only Outlook. Anyone has a solution?? I am praying for one, Joyce Did you create a new profile? If not, try that first. If that fails, rename outcmd.dat and restart outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Tea...

Charting with non contiguous columns
Trying to create a chart using information from columns that are not next to each other I need the information from Columns C, E and L. Rows 1-8 as an example Can that be done and if so how? Any help appreciated. David Hopper David, First, create a chart based on the data in column C. Once that chart is created, click on the chart (make sure it is active) and - going to the chart toolbar - select Chart -> Source Data. On the Series tab of the Source Data dialog box, select the "add" button. In the values selector (combination box) choose the range in column E. Once t...

column chart with 3 categories
I want to show 3 categories in a data table at the bottom of a column chart but only chart 2 of the categories in the diagram itself. can i do this? how? -- martymi Make the chart in normal way On the chart, right click a column of the 'unwanted' data series, use Format Data Series Format to No Line & No Fill Appearance is OK if the unwanted is not in the centre. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "martymi" <martymi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D192F0ED-DCC5-4E89-AF57-C94695DA897B@microso...

send excel work sheet as the body of email.
I am unable to consistenty control whether rows or columns remain hidden when I send an excel document as the body of an email address. My proposals are sent to customers in this fashion. When they are viewed by the recipient, they are receiving my hidden fields which is confidential work data. I am somewhat stumped because up untill recently I very seldom had this problem. Any ideas???? Hi c_worc You can use my SendMail Add-in (Outlook version) http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Or code examples from my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm If you not use Outlook...

How to see columns from which values were not returned by HLOOKUP functions?
Hello How to see columns from which values were not returned (or were returned) by HLOOKUP functions on a worksheet? All formulas contain only HLOOKUP functions. The table_array s include all columns on the worksheet. If I'm interpreting your question correctly, one solution would be to run a Histogram of the formula results. That would show how many occurrences of each result were obtained. If you're unfamiliar with the Histogram function, you need to have installed the Analysis Toolpak Add-in (go to Tools/Add-ins and click on Analysis Toolpak), then go to Tools/Data Analysis and s...

autofit columns in pivot table
I am using Excel 2002. Whenever I change the order of the row items in the layout of a pivot table, the column widths are inappropriate for the data that they contain, and I must readjust them. Is there not a way to ensure that this happens automatically? You can try the AutoFormat option -- Right-click on a cell in the pivot table Choose Table Options Add a check mark to AutoFormat table Click OK Pastel Hughes wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. > Whenever I change the order of the row items in the layout of a pivot table, > the column widths are inappropriate for the data that the...

How do I get auto fill to do decending numbers in a column?
I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column and no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing wrong? Hi one way, type 50 in the first cell, underneath it type 49, then select both cells, now go to the fill handle on the 49 and drag down. Cheers JulieD "oesqueen" <oesqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082D4471-39F1-41E1-B50C-5420B18526BF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column >and > no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing...

The "Organise" button and included functions doesn't work (2003)
Hello, I've just upgraded to 2003 from 2000, and i was tying to ad colours to certain emails. i've gone to "organise", now for some reaso off the toolbar and into the tools menu. however once i get to tha option, i get the normal screen: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011330431033.aspx exactly as i should, however, clicking on the colors and views tab does nothing, nor does clicking on the X for the organise pane however, if i click on the new folder and rules and alerts buttons i the pane, they work normally. as a temporary stop gap, i've added a part...