Formulas in custom number formatting allowed?

I need a quick way to change both calculated and data entry cells in a
fairly large workbook into custom number formats based on whether they
are integers or have up to 2 decimal places.

The custom cell formats I would like to get working TOGETHER are:

[=INT()]#
#.##

has Microsoft added anything to Excel to finally make this possible?

The macros to do this seem to take a lot of time to work through the
workbook.
0
kgriffee (1)
8/28/2009 6:45:26 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:45:26 -0700 (PDT), kgriff <kgriffee@gmail.com> wrote:

>I need a quick way to change both calculated and data entry cells in a
>fairly large workbook into custom number formats based on whether they
>are integers or have up to 2 decimal places.
>
>The custom cell formats I would like to get working TOGETHER are:
>
>[=INT()]#
>#.##
>
>has Microsoft added anything to Excel to finally make this possible?
No

>The macros to do this seem to take a lot of time to work through the
>workbook.

If you could change your formulas to guarantee that the result will not have
more than two decimals (e.g. use a round or truncate function), you could use
the General format to get the same result as above.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

customizing quote merge template

number rounding in MS Excel

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

Input to custom reports

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Fractions Number format

Phone Number Filtering

Customer check data

Rounding Numbers #3

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Need to add to current formula

Date format 04-11-06

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...