formulas down without manual copy

I�m trying to have my formulas flow down the page for each column.
Without manually copying them down the page  I thought I could use the
�list� feature. Thus hopefully only having the list move down the page
as data is added. Sounds ok?

But when I actually insert a list over the data and formulas- it looks
great Except that when you goto add a new line of data  the formulas
aren�t there? Going into list wizard and changing the settings for each
column seems very longwinded and seemingly not possible to even add the
formulas correctly for each column. Ah..

I would have thought that by changing into List  that the formulas for
each cell would simply follow down . .

Is there another way or should i be now using a database program instead?

Thanks.
0
james3351 (1)
3/6/2005 1:04:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I personally set row 1 as my template row with all appropriate formats and
formulas, and then give it a RangeName and reduce it to 1 unit
high..........then I record a macro and assign it to a "RowFormat" button in
my header above my frozen line so it's always on screen and it does the job
for me and even increments the item numbers in column A............when my
database is more than one screen wide, I even put an extra button on the
right side of the header area.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"james" <james@insert.com.au> wrote in message
> I�m trying to have my formulas flow down the page for each column.
> Without manually copying them down the page  I thought I could use the
> �list� feature. Thus hopefully only having the list move down the page
> as data is added. Sounds ok?
>
> But when I actually insert a list over the data and formulas- it looks
> great Except that when you goto add a new line of data  the formulas
> aren�t there? Going into list wizard and changing the settings for each
> column seems very longwinded and seemingly not possible to even add the
> formulas correctly for each column. Ah..
>
> I would have thought that by changing into List  that the formulas for
> each cell would simply follow down . .
>
> Is there another way or should i be now using a database program instead?
>
> Thanks.

0
croberts (1377)

Copy Campaign
When trying to copy a campaign (either a template or compaign) we get the message - "An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". There are no entries in any logs. The only time this occurs is when there are tasks (planning tasks or campaign activities) in the campaign. Anyone suggestions? ...

Flexible formula for linking to externa Files
hi, I have a file that has (for simplicity) 5 columns: Dept, Class, Style, Color, Units Ordered The Units Ordered column should be a formula to a file named C:\Deptxx, with the xx being a two-digit dept number (e.g. C:\dept10, C:\dept12, C:\dept15 etc) so based on the two digits keyed in column 1 (Dept) the Units ordered column should be a vlookup to file C:\deptxx. so if someone typed 10 for dept number the formula is smart enough to look in c:\dept10. do i do some concatanation to get this done or is there a better way? Thanks in advance for any help! Tami So if ...

Copy sheet & page settings
Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page settings in one step? Hi why not copy the complete sheet (right-click on the sheet name and choose 'move/copy') >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page >settings in one step? >. > ...

Formulas that recognise data from two worksheets
I want to use data that is entered in one worksheet to calculate an equation in another worksheet. But i want worksheet one data to be recognized and correlated with data in worksheet two before the calculation happens. For example if i enter a type of material, the colour and the amount of metres cut, i want the formula in worksheet two to workout the total metres left by recognising the type of material and the colour and correlating it with the material and colour and total amount of material that has been entered in worksheet two. Reasons is there may be the same material but ...

how do I update links without being prompted in Excel? #2
When I open my work book a pop-up appears asking if I want to update links. I want this prompt to stop. Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "ask to update automatic links" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 06:50:05 -0700, "katie.donovan" <katie.donovan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open my work book a pop-up appears asking if I want to update links. I >want this prompt to stop. ...

Help with formula #5
Hi All, Running Win98SE :-( and Excel 2000. Is it possible to get assistance with the following formula. I am currently determining the Profit Margin Percent with the following ((BillRate-Payrate)-(PayRate*Fringe))/BillRate=Profit Margin % OR =((20.7-12)-(12*.24867))/20.7=27.61% I then have to play with the billrate to get a number close to 30%. Is there a way to rework the formula by plugging in the 30% and working out the BillRate? Thanks Bill Hi Bill, Look at Tools>Goal Seek Post again in this same thread if you can't get it done -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Ex...

If Formula? 12-18-09
I am looking for a formula that will give me a recommended headcount number based on the following data. store a is 50% effective with 6 people store b is 75% effective with 4 people the goal is to be 75% effective what formula would i use where it would show me to reduce headcount by 2 in store a so they are 75% effective? =(6/75%)*50% -- Jacob "Liz" wrote: > I am looking for a formula that will give me a recommended headcount number > based on the following data. > > store a is 50% effective with 6 people > store b is 75% effective ...

Formula for deducting a percentage
Most people elaborate on their subject line in the body of their note. Guessing at what you want to know: =value*6% would give you 6% of value =value*94% or =value*(100%-6%) would give you what is left from value after subtracting off 6%. Jerry ...

How do I use cell color in formulas?
Is there some way I can create a function that uses the cell color? What I want to do is something like COUNT IF cell-color = magenta Mike, have a look here for a way to do it, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:647A8061-7AD4-4923-96FF-F881052FC90D@microsoft.com... > Is there some way I can create ...

formula average
Hi, I have in column A valuea (numbers in A1:A1000). I want to compute the average of the numbers in cells A10:A20:A30:A40 etc... etc... A990:A1000. Does someone know a formula for this problem. Manually is too much work. Hi melle, pls try this =average(cell ref) anirudh "Melle" wrote: > Hi, > > I have in column A valuea (numbers in A1:A1000). I want to compute the > average of the numbers in cells A10:A20:A30:A40 etc... etc... A990:A1000. > > Does someone know a formula for this problem. Manually is too much work. Why do you keep asking the question if ...

'Pulling through' part of a formula to use in another sheet
I am not a power user of excel; although I do know the basics I have ye to encounter LOOKUPS, VB, etc... and I am blonde!!! I have a spreadsheet with 45 sheets - one for each of a "Job" that ha a number of "Tasks" (up to 30 in any one "Job") to complete it One on sheet I have a table of numbers that will change as time goes o as they will affect the relationships of tasks, time, cost and ma hours On the same sheet is a table of formulae that work with these number which indicates how much time each person will spend on each "Task" b using a 'Key&...

Non-positional cell formulas?
Ok, I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns, for example: Date | spanning header1 | spanner header2 | spanning header3 | Average header | | subhead1a | subhead1b | subhead2a | subhead2b | subhead3a | subhead3b | | date | s1adata | s1bdata | s2adata | s2bdata | s3adata | s3bdata | average s1a,s2a,s3a | Now for every row, I need to calculate the subtotal data. No problem with the formula (like in =AVERAGE(B3,D3,F3)). The next line's formula would be =AVERAGE(B4,D4,F4). The problem ...

Copy/Paste Trouble
Hey Gang, Sometimes, in doing a copy/paste between worksheets, I get an error message that says the data cannot be pasted because the copy and paste areas are not the same size. What's the resolution? Tim Tim, You must select a range of cells that's exactly the same count of rows and columns as you'd copied, or a multiple of either for more than one repetition of the data, or you'll get that message. Or you can just select the upper left corner of the area into which you want to paste, and it will paste one repetition of the stuff. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthi...

OUTLOOK 2007: Cannot highlight, copy, paste text in HTML mode
Recently when replying to emails (I use html mode as default), am unable to use the mouse to highlight, copy, or paste text. The only way is to do it manually by placing the cursor at the beginning of what I want copied, then use shift to insert the cursor at the end, and hit ctrl cut/copy/paste to effect the action. If I do manage to get the text in the email highlited, it's as a block, as though the message was in a table and the entire cell is being selected. Cannot get individual words, sentences, or sections of text. FYI - mouse shortcuts work just fine in every other ap...

Automatically Copy Data from one text box to another
Experts, How would you go about dynamically copying data from an unbound text box to a bound text box on the same form. Thanks, ...

Excel Doesn't Copy / Paste Properly in other Applications
Here's an odd one: One machine (XP SP1 Pro w/all critical updates) in our office, is running Office XP (also up to date w/updates) has a problem in Excel (and Excel only). If I copy cells which have color formatting, when I paste them as "Picture" or "Picture (enhanced Metafile)" in other apps (Word, PowerPoint) the colors do not display. Other cell formatiing such as justification, bold/italics, size *do* work. Excel is the only app which this exhibits this odd behavior. Additionally I have tried the exact same operation on other XP SP1 machines with vario...

my project wont run in parent folder when copied to another computer
when I copy the parent folder containing project files (VS 2008, C#/VB.Net) on the development machine to a backup machine which also has VS2008 installed on it - I can't run (most of) the projects in the development environment from the parent folder on the backup machine. I have to move/copy some (most) of the projects to some other folder on the backup machine before for the project(s) to run in the Development environment. Is there a way to get around this? I vaguely recall tweaking some file in the Windows folder - something to do with the user login. Can't remember....

Need help with an if/then formula
Hi, I have attached a sheet with sample data and Column AA states what need. I have manually entered what the if / then statment shoul produce. Please if anyone can make or not make this statement, let m know. Basically I need a True False result in coloumn AA depending o if the next col over has any value in it. Please lte me know than you +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Sample CBK BIN Query2.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3929 +------------------------------------------...

Which formula to bucket range of numbers
I have a column of random numbers. In a second column I want to group these numbers by creating a text that reads 1-100, 101-200, 201-300 etc. This will greatly reduce the number of rows of data and make pivot table more effeciently. 6 1-100 234 201-300 188 101-200 44 1-100 1123 1101-1200 -- marq Enter in B1 and copy down... =(ROUNDDOWN(A1/100,0)*100)&" - "&((ROUNDDOWN(A1/100,0)+1)*100) assuming your data is in COL A "marq" wrote: > > I have a column of random numbers. In a second column I want to group > these numbers by crea...

Generate report manually
Hi, Is it possible in access 2003 to generate a report based on a recordset or loop through the recordset by myself. I know it is possible to put my values in a temporary table and link those to the report but if above is possible it should be easier. Thx Yes, in Access 2003, the Report object has a Recordset property that you can set to either an ADO or DAO recordset. Assuming you've got a recordset named MyRecordset, you can use it on a report named MyReport like: Set Reports("MyReport").Recordset = MyRecordset (note that the report must be open before you can do this)...

eConnect creating & manual checks
We have a feed coming into GP where we already know the check number that pays the invoice. We want to create a manual check that has the invoices applied to it through eConnect. Does anyone know how this can be done, or if it is availabe in a later version. We are on GP version 8 sp3. -- -John John: Not certain about 8.0, but you can create a manual check in 9.0. The problem is that no Schema exists in 9.0 to apply the checks. I haven't checked the Web Services components, nor have I checked for procs exposed via VSTools so they may exist in one of those two toolsets. Fai...

How can I monitor the outgoing e-mail out of my domain and keep a copy of it in #2
Our company is in a way of issuing new policy to monitor the outgoing emails that should be send using it's domain name. We are using Windows NT4 and Exchange 5.5, So my question is: How can we configure the exchange server to drop a copy of all outgoing e-mails on the Secretary mailbox. ...

Copying Text
Not sure if you can do this but here goes. I work as an estimator and i have a front sheet which has a heading which reads desciption. I currently have 250 of these cells which have different descriptions in them. I have 250 tabs on the bottom of the screen and i need to copy each heading on the main screen to a heading in the tab. I currently press = on the tab heading then go back to the main screen highlight the relevant description and press equals. You can imagine doing 250 takes time. Not sure if it makes sense i hope it does and someone can help me -- wethery -----------------------...

Help with Formula #17
A B C D Name or Address 1110 NW 69 Terr Address Owner 1110 NW 69 Terr Abbott, Claudia & Rubino, Peggy 2 [Address] =IF($D3=400,"",INDEX('Legal (2)'!$A1:$A400,$D3,1)) [Owner] =IF($D3=400,"",INDEX('Legal (2)'!$B$1:$B$400,$D3,1)) [Col-D / which is hidden] {=IF(LEN(TRIM('Data Sheet'!$D$20))>0,SMALL(IF('Legal (2)'!$A$1:$A$400='Data Sheet'!$D$20,ROW($B1:$B400),400),ROW('Data Sheet'!...

Formula too long #2
Hi there, I got a long formula that exceeded the maximum length, so I decided to divide it in pieces in other cells. It tests if the text in one cell is "Units1", "Units2", etc., up to 6, then does the calcs. I split the formula in 6 differents cells: =SUM(IF(I7="Units1",IF(SUM(((I6+J8)+((I6+J8)*I1))*J7)>1,SUM(((I6+J8)+ ((I6+J8)*I1))+1)),SUM(((I6+J8)+((I6+J8)*I1))+((I6+J8)+((I6+J8)*I1)) *J7),Y2)) =SUM(IF(I7="Units2",IF(SUM(((I6+J8)+((I6+J8)*I1))*J7)>0.75,SUM (((I6+J8)+((I6+J8)*I1))+0.75)),SUM(((I6+J8)+((I6+J8)*I1))+((I6+J8)+ ((I6+J8)*I1))*J7),Y3...