Formula to lookup in a range, find duplicates, and then total the data in the applicable duplicate cells in another column

Need to know if the following is possible?

I have a worksheet with several columns. One of those columns has some
duplicate entries. What I need a formula to do is locate all the
duplicates in this column. Then, based upon the values found in the
cells (currency) of a different column in those duplicate rows, total
the dollar amounts of these other cells. I don't know if it would be
possible to insert a blank row to show the total dollar value of the
dups, or perhaps "paste" (for lack of a better term) the resulting
dollar total into one of the duped cells.

0
rynhere (1)
2/1/2007 6:47:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Ryn:

I'm not really sure this is what you want but you can try:

1. Insert a new column and use countif to get the counts comparing to the
value in the column.
2. In a new column do sumif based on the same criterial as the previous
column but sum the number that you want
3. Apply auto filt the the worksheet and select items in the column in 1
greater than 1.
Note you may need to do a sumproduct to get the currency X the amount.

the sumproduct is =sumproduct(--(key=cell),currency column, amount column)
ie =sumproduct(--($a$2:$a$20=a2l),$b2:$b20,$c2:$c20)

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"rynhere@gmail.com" wrote:

> Need to know if the following is possible?
>
> I have a worksheet with several columns. One of those columns has some
> duplicate entries. What I need a formula to do is locate all the
> duplicates in this column. Then, based upon the values found in the
> cells (currency) of a different column in those duplicate rows, total
> the dollar amounts of these other cells. I don't know if it would be
> possible to insert a blank row to show the total dollar value of the
> dups, or perhaps "paste" (for lack of a better term) the resulting
> dollar total into one of the duped cells.

Rewriting a formula...
I have a spreadsheet that calculates totals and has formulas in certain columns. Is is possible to have the formulas work, but not have any numbers in the cells before I input them? For example, in column D, I have the simple formula =D9+E9, and so on and so forth down to =D25+E25. I may only put itmes in until D11. So in D12 thru D25, I have $0.00. Can I rewrite this formula, possible an IF/THEN statement to add the two columns, but not show the $0.00 in D12 thru D25, since I did not have to do any addition? My main goal is to not have this info in D12 thru D25 print to make the sheet ...

move cell contents

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Counting number of X's in a column

MS Money 95 data files

data input in text box

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

formula based on format

Sorting Data #5

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

displaying colors in an mfc application
Hi everyone, I'm working on an MFC application. The application is a treeview in which are represented some objects (persons, roles....). I have declared some bitmaps in the visual project to represent these objects. My problem is that some colors of the bitmaps are not displayed. I guess there is a palette problem or something like that. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks a lot for your help.... Fred Try using ILC_COLOR24 | ILC_MASK when you create your imagelist. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fred" <fred@laposte.net> wrot...

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

This formula doesn't work: = day(today())
This formula doesn't work: = day(today()) Except from spreading one formula into 2, is it possible to make it workable in 1 formula? If so, how? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP ���H����O�D�`����. �p��������B, ���Ѫ̤��[�祿!! My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do wrongly. What doesn't work? For today (7 May 2004) =DAY(TODAY()) returns 7. In article <eYuAXhDNEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote: > This formula doesn't work: = day...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg