Formula Question #18

Hi all...

I am trying to figure out how to build a formula in Excel.  What I want to
do is to be able to calculate a loan value.  I know the interest rate, the #
of payments and the month principle and interest payment I want to make.  I
am essentially trying to figure out how much house I can afford.  Is there a
way to do this in Excel?

Thanks

Jeff

0
jeffc (12)
9/26/2007 4:18:10 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look at the PV() function in XL Help.

In article <eSMmWjFAIHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>,
 "Jeff Cichocki" <jeffc@belgioioso.com> wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> I am trying to figure out how to build a formula in Excel.  What I want to
> do is to be able to calculate a loan value.  I know the interest rate, the #
> of payments and the month principle and interest payment I want to make.  I
> am essentially trying to figure out how much house I can afford.  Is there a
> way to do this in Excel?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Functional Questions
Dear All, I require answers to the follwing: 1. How is a purchase order generated in HQ 2. How are system settings set in HQ 3. How are users and their security levels set in HQ 4. Is there a report for daily store sales from HQ 5. What is the difference between getting inventory through a purchase order and through a transfer in. 6. What is the basis for restock level and reorder level. 7. What does store cost mean and how can it be differetn between stores 8. How are the bar codes and hi Faiz, My GOD you have ask all question I think the right Microsoft Partner help you in this b...

formulas for round numbers up to next dolllar
I need to create a worksheet for work. I need to take original cost of merchandise, divide by 3, then multiply that amount by 8. The final amount needs to be taken to the next whole number. Here is a example of what I need to do. $245 / 3 = $81.67 X 8 = $653.33 the final amount needs to be $654.00 Hi =ROUNDUP(245/3*8,0) -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "dewberryz" <dewberryz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F2918A9-A3FD-4AFF-B2BC-608A5EF9433B@microsoft.com... | I need to create a worksheet for work. I need to take original cost of...

Mail Sending Question
Hi. Both of my computers exhibit this feature, and I don't understand why. When I send one simple email message, the status bar shows "Sending 2 of 2." I'm really sending only 1. Any thoughts on why this behavior? The second computer is new, with a new installation of the software. Thanks for any feedback or insight. -- TIA Dana it's a bug in outlook 2007. if you have multiple accounts it adds a number to the number of messages being sent. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlo...

CRM client for Outlook installation question
Hi I'm trying to install CRM client for Outlook. through the process it is asking me to enter the URL for the Microsoft CRM server. Would this server be local on m computer or in the mainframe. Any idea where I would find it. Thanks, Guillermo The CRM Server is where the CRM application is installed; it's the path you'd use to open the browser (like http://crmservername/). You must be able to access the CRM Server from the computer where your are installing Sales for Outlook in order to successfully install the Sales for Outlook client. Hope this helps. Linda Dienbe...

Formula in 07
Need a formula. Column 1 (type) Column 2 (wk) a 77 b 77 c 78 d 80 e 80 blank 81 I would like the formula to come back for every week and tell me the number of types that are in that week. Another words in this case there are qty 2 types in wk 77. In week 81 there are 0. In wk 78 there is 1 and week 80 there is 2. Can anybody help? Thanks. Assume that you are having the Values i...

Workflow question #3
It appears that when we upgraded from CRM 3 to 4, a workflow stopped working. This workflow ran when a case was updated to reflect that it was resolved to populate a resolution date field. This worked fine in CRM 3, but the workflow now says that it cannot update the case because it is read-only, presumably as a function of marking the case resolved. So the question is: is there something I can do to make this workflow resume functioning, or should I just write some javascript in the OnChange() event of the dropdown that marks cases resolved? I would prefer to use a workflow, as it ...

Simple Formula #3
I have a spreadsheet that I am using for check in and check outs. I was wondering if i could write a formua or a simple macro that when a cell is blank it does nothing, but as soon as the designated cell has any value it does a strike thru a number of cells....ie. a1, b1, c1 all have values. d1 is blank. d1 gets any value. after d1 has a value the formula would now strikethru all a1, b1, c1, d1. what woudl a formula or macro look like for something like that. i was hoping it would all be automated instead of having to run a macro each time highlight columns A:D and select Format->Co...

Lock or Unlock cell references in a formula for auto fill purposes
Are there any tricks (control or alt + something for example) to locking or unlocking (probably not using the correct terms) of cell references in a formula in order to set it up for the autofill scenario I want to do? For example if I have the following formula: =a1+b1 How can I easily change it to =$a$1+$b$1 or =a$1+b$1 or =$a1+$b1 I may just be crazy, but if you have any quicker command button suggestions to change these scenarios easier than having to type them every time that would be great. Thank you. -- David P. Select the relevant cell references in the formula bar and press ...

Deleted OExpress
Deleted Outlk Express because I also recd Outlook 2002 as part of pkg Upgrade. OE remains in Registry in (at least) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft. Can I delete or is there any "Sharing" between OE and Outlook? There is sharing between the two, so you may want to reinstall Outlook Express to make sure everything is in place. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287686&Product=ol2002 for more information. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to prese...

YAPTQ
Guess I don't understand pivots like I shoud! (Yes, books are on the way) Anyway, data looks like this: SubmittedDate 0-15 16-30 31-45 >45 PxAmount 01/01/2006 1 0 0 0 $10.00 01/05/2006 0 1 0 0 $20.00 01/06/2006 0 1 0 0 $40.00 02/05/2006 0 0 1 0 $50.00 Is there a way to get the pivot tableto look like this 0-15 days 16-30 days 31-45 days etc Jan 1 2 Feb 0 0 1 PxTot $10 $60 $50...

If formula with dates
Hello: I need a formula that can look at column "A" and calculate the number of days from today --- could be either before today or in the future and if it is equaled to or less than 90 return "Y" otherwise "N".... I keep getting "VALUE!" errors. Please help. Thank you. Monika Hi, Try this =IF(ABS(TODAY()-A1)<=90,"Y","N") -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "murka...

Mutipul Question "NULL and Post"
Hi everyone, I am creating a variable start up form where I store the Primary Company information to tbl_Primary_Company. This form will hold several test boxes and one cbo to select zipcode and add city and state. Very simple. What I want to do with this is to have the company name, address, city, state, and zip to be added to tbl_Company, this could be done with a cmd button or just simply by being added but I am not sure on how to do this. My next question is I would also like this form to open only if the company name is null and if not, then go to my actual startup frm Main_Menu.I am not...

How can I insert a row and have the existing formulas apply?
I have a table which has a column that uses a formula. When I insert a new row in the middle of the table, Excel inserts a blank cell into the column with formulas, rather than keeping the formula that applies to the adjacent rows. How do I insert a row and keep the column with a formula so it applies to that new row? Charity Worker in Africa wrote: > I have a table which has a column that uses a formula. When I insert a new > row in the middle of the table, Excel inserts a blank cell into the column > with formulas, rather than keeping the formula that applies to the adjace...

Serveral Questions
Server Info. Windows 2003 sp1 Exchange 2003 sp1 Clients - Outlook 2003 (all updates and patches installed) Exchange internet email address - user@myexchange.com (Works awsome!!) ISP Email address - user@myisp.com (Email sent to user@myisp.com is forwarded to user@myexchange.com at the ISP level - This may be the issue for question 1, Im not sure) 1) Reply's and Forwards. user@myisp.com is set as the default email account in Outlook 2003. When a user clicks "New Mail" the default outgoing is correct. However when a user reply's or forwards an email the default changes t...

2 Questions
1. Using 1.3 on XPP on two networked PC's. Database connects fine. After starting SO POS on front computer w/dongle, I use start up SO Manager and I receive "warning 941, the copyright..." My firewalls are set (I believe) correctly. What do I need to do to allow back office to recognize dongle on the front PC. 2. While I am able to open SO POS just fine, when I sign in with name/password I receive "ACCESS DENIED." However, I click "okay," and it seems that everything works okay. I checked my cashier's security settings, all are in place....w...

Can anyone answer some questions on partitioning a hard drive?
hey everyone. im using windows vista. i just recently bought a 500gb western digital external hard drive. i would like to know, how can i install an operating system on the external hard drive and keep the one that's currently on my pc, i would like to use the external hard drive to keep different documents, games, applications and files on, and to randomly boot of. (so its like their are two computers.) also will booting of another external hard drive have any affect on my computer or current files or hard drive. one last thing, could i use the external hard drive to store flies on l...

Question concerning VBA and Excel
Is there a way to "disable" a portion of code (the code is not called from a control or event, but from another section of code) prgramaticly (sp?)? For example, suppose I have some code that forces a save when I close the spreadsheet, saving a copy to a backup location and to the origianl location. Is there a way to "turn off the code" in the copy saved to the backup location USING CODE only? Any help is appreciated. Michael _______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 -...

Can I keep and hide a formula if there is no value in cell?
I have a form that has formulas in it- my question is: Can I hide and keep the formulas in the cells without there actually being a value in it? thanks so much If your cell has a formula in it, then it has a value in it. But you could use a value that makes it look empty--just have it return an empty string: =if(a1=3,a2+a7,"") Ev wrote: > > I have a form that has formulas in it- my question is: Can I hide and keep > the formulas in the cells without there actually being a value in it? thanks > so much -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com When I do this... will ...

File question
hello, whats the maximum bytes( or MB) we can store in a single file(*.txt)? thru VC++ application. are there any limits? thanks for information! -- -- Thanks, Arvind Arvind wrote: > hello, > > whats the maximum bytes( or MB) we can store in a single file(*.txt)? > > thru VC++ application. are there any limits? > > thanks for information! > > -- > > -- > Thanks, > > Arvind Depends on the OS. XP allows files as big as the volume size, although you'll start experiencing oddities as you get under the threshold for free space. what about w...

CListView Question about scrolling
I have a CListView. My question is if I set the Item state so that a row is highlighted that is out of sight because it is either on the next screen or the previous screen, how do I scroll to that row so the row is visible as the first row in the window? I hope that I explained that well enough. GetListCtrl().EnsureVisible( nItem, bPartialOK ); HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ ...

Formula Assistance
I have a formula to calculate amount of days from a hire date to current date, but I would like to see the days to reflect amount of years and months any assistance would be appreciated thanks! =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"Y")&" years, "&DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"YM")&" months" -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Mharper" <Mharper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51A2BAED-49DD-415A-8E87-73CB6EB5E73A@microsoft.com... >I have a formula to calculate amou...

Licence Question...Need to Install Office X for Mac on new Mac Pro...
Hi Im trying to install a version of OfficeX on a new Mac Pro at home. This version of OfficeX is already installed on my laptop and my work computer. Do I need to purchase an additional licence to install it on this new Mac Pro computer for my home? If so, is it expensive? Is it like buying a whole new software package or is it just an additional user licence fee? Any help anyone can offer would be most appreciated. Thank you. Hi, I'm no expert in these matters, and I have yet to read the EULA that came with Office, but as far as I know, you will need to get a new license. A new licen...

insert row in list and formula does not update
When I insert a new row inside my list, the formulas below do not automatically update. They do not point to the new row numbers. It is as if the formula thinks the cell reference is absolute. It is not. any idea? is this a setting that I an turn off? thanks. This is the way Excel was designed In A10 I enter =F1 and copy this down to A15 Let column F has number 1,2,3,4.... So I see in A10:A15: the same series 1,2,3,4..... Now I insert a row between A10 and A11 Now I see 1, (blank), 2,3,4.... If in A10 I use =INDIRECT("F"&ROW()-9) and copy. I still see 1,2,3,4 But now when...

outlook hangs #18
when trying to load outlook (2000), it hangs and will not start--it jus appears minimized in the task bar, and I cannot maximize or restore. any ideas? thanks, rodd -- roddwPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i Have you rebooted the computer? Try creating a new profile in Control Panel->Mail. "roddw" wrote: > > when trying to load outlook (2000), it hangs and will not start--it just > appears minimized in the task bar, and I cannot maximize or restore. > any ideas? > > thanks, > > roddw > > > -- > roddwPosted from - http://www.o...

Simple? Reference Question
Can I reference a value in a spreadsheet that is not open? I have 2 spreadsheets, 1 for the totals- and 1 for the values. I want the total spreadsheet to update when the value spreadsheet is updated. Do I need a macro to open the spreadsheet, grab the values and pull them into the total spreadsheet, and close the values? Thanks, Jesse No need for a macro- just open both files at once. Let's call them Source.xls and Target.xls: Target is the file your working on, and Source is the one that holds the data to be referenced. With both files open, start the formula in Target.xls, an...