Formula or code?

I have 3 bits of data.

I need it to check the entire column to see if any of the data
matches
and it so provide a EC-x in the appropriate col so in the example
below.
                Col1                    Col2                  Col3
Row 1   EC              QWERTY       POIUY
Row 2   (EC-x)        ZXCVB          QWERTY
RO3      EC              lkjhg              ZXCVB
Row 4     (EC-x)          rtyui             QWERTY
Ro4        (EC-X)         asdfg              lkjhg

After it has placed the EC-x into the fields i want to be able to
replicate the formula to check if there is a EC-x next to it to then
put a EC-1 and so on and so forth.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Also asked in the public.excel.programming group.

On Feb 16, 3:40=A0pm, "Jim Cone" <james.cone...@comcast.netXxx> wrote:
> Also asked in the public.excel.programming group.
>
> "Mistry" <miteshsmis...@gmail.com>
> wrote in messagenews:f5dd92ba-2a96-4a3d-a8de-25700853b5ae@b18g2000vbz.goo=
glegroups.com...

> >I have 3 bits of data.
>
> > I need it to check the entire column to see if any of the data
> > matches
> > and it so provide a EC-x in the appropriate col so in the example
> > below.
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Col1 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0Col2 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Col3
> > Row 1 =A0 EC =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0QWERTY =A0 =A0 =A0 POIUY
> > Row 2 =A0 (EC-x) =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ZXCVB =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0QWERTY
> > RO3 =A0 =A0 =A0EC =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0lkjhg =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0ZXCVB
> > =A0 .....
> > Row 4 =A0 =A0 (EC-x) =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0rtyui =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Q=
WERTY
> > Ro4 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(EC-X) =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 asdfg =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0lkjhg

> > After it has placed the EC-x into the fields i want to be able to
> > replicate the formula to check if there is a EC-x next to it to then
> > put a EC-1 and so on and so forth.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry didnt realise they would be in the same group.

Force a page break in code
I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat Event when a value changes. How do I do that? Thanks, Bill Bill wrote: > I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat > Event when a value changes. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Bill Insert a PageBreak control from the ToolBox bar at the desired location. Even though such a control is never "visible" other than in design view they do still have a Visible property. That property effectively turns on and off the PageBreak so you can minipulate that in your code. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP...

a simple math formula
Hi, I'm new to this and have a very simple question. I have values, simple numbers representing weight in kg, that I wish to automatically convert to US pounds. The 'kg' numbers are in fields B5 - to B77 for example. I want the conversion result (simply multiplying each B cell entry by 2.2) placed in the ''cell adjacent. Thanks! Dave Horne Hi David In C5 enter =CONVERT(B5,"kg","lbm") and copy down through C6:C77 -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:upOf6pgUJHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.p...

Array Formula #7
I have an array formula that works correct up to the 20th row. It quit running on row 20 or it does not pick up any information after row 20. Any help out ther -- pete576 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pete5761's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49427 Rather impossible to tell... What's the formula, and what cell(s) is it entered into? What type of data is in any referenced ranges? In article <pete5761.205n5a_1134773401.141...

Labels in Formulas requires manual refresh?
I use Labels in Formulas extensively. (Excel 2003 11.5612.5606) That is, I tick off Options/Calculations/"Accept Labels in Formulas" and then use whatever text string I've placed at the top of a column of data to refer to it. It has many benefits over Named Ranges, dynamic or otherwise for my purposes, but one ongoing annoyance. When I add data to the bottom of the column of data, the in-cell formula using the label for reference does not change when it should. Workaround: Select cell, F2 or double click to open it, Enter. I have a number of such formulae so updating can be ...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

How do I import data from lotus123 & maintain formulas/worksheets
I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintain my formulas and the individual tabs (worksheets). hi, if the lotus file is a wks version or earlier, xl should open it and let you save it as an xl file. if the lotus file is a 123 version or higher, you can open the file in lotus and save it as an xl file. if you don't have lotus, find someone who does. "Ineluctable" wrote: > I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into > Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintai...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

Excel Formula Help
I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no experience with excel. I want to do something real basic like if A2=laptop display $10 or if A2=desktop display $20 how do I do this? I think that if the list of options is more than a just a few, a =vlookup() function would work nicely. It may seem a little complex to start, but once you use it, you'll find tons of more reasons to use it. Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html BadSector wrote: > > I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

Help with a code
I have these code and it works find: but i also want to use it for different culumn within the same sheet. how do i add Column D with different target? meaning "S" for Study and "B" for books and s on... and maybe adding a Msg box to it that will only allow the Letters specify.. thank you in advance.. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target = "" Then Exit Sub If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Target, Range("c6:c50")) Is Nothing Then If UCase(Target) = "C" Then Target = "Contribution" El...

Excel Number Format Codes
I can't figure out how to format numbers so that when you type 3220 it will look like 32.20 kinda like how you can enter numbers on an adding machine. I would greatly appreciate this number format code. Thank you. -- 1:~ Hi, I think you want to go Tools | Options | Edit | Fixed Decimals - 2. That will divide all the numbers you enter by 100. You will also have to format the row or column to display 2 decimals. Select the cells or range, right mouse click, format cells, numbers, 2 decimals. Hope that helps. Best regards, Kevin "MBB" <MBB@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

creating nested formulas from drop down box
Hi, I have cell A1 with a drop down box containing 26 available choices. B1 has the dollar amount matching to the choice in A1 using vlookup. E1 totals several cells including B1 together. I want F1 to look at A1 and either enter the number from E1 or NA. Here's billing example: A1=January , B1=$5 ,C1=$10, D1=$1, E1=$16 (total of b-d1) F1 is the column for January G1 is the column for February H1 is the column for March, etc If A1 = Jan, then F1 should be $16 If A1 = Feb, then F1 should be NA or $0 This is the formula that has been working so far: =IF((G2="...

zip code help! #2
thanks for the help !!!!!!!! It worke -- cbender ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cbender3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27126 ...

Zip a file from code
I have several xls files that I export from Access (2000). Can anyone provide me the code (or a web site) that I can use to zip these files into one file to be emailed? Use the shell command and winzip command line calls ( link provided ). http://www.memecode.com/docs/winzip.html "brian b" wrote: > I have several xls files that I export from Access (2000). Can anyone > provide me the code (or a web site) that I can use to zip these files into > one file to be emailed? > > This web site was shared with me on this NG. I found the code works very well. Go...

passeord Protect for excel formula and VBA code
Hi, i have excel sheet its contain lot of formula and VBA(macro) code, its for used for user purpose, i need how to protect the formula and VBA at the time of user using. kindly let me know , kindly help me out i need user password : for user can upload the data in non restriction cell, admin password : can change any thing(change power) pls help me, Please ask on the Excel board. "deen" wrote: > Hi, > > i have excel sheet its contain lot of formula and VBA(macro) code, > > its for used for user purpose, > > i need how to protect the formula and ...

Tiebreaker in a Index formula?
I need a tiebreaker for a formula. Right now the formula reads: =INDEX(A$3:A$21,MATCH(D28,Y$3:Y$21,0)) which works real well But when there is a tie it shows on one store twice instead of listing the two separate stores. I have two stores have the exact scores and it list the store with the lower store number twice. For example I have store 598 and store 698 both with a score of 100% but in the ranking of the stores it shows store 598 twice instead of 598 then 698. Is it possible to have a tiebreaker, with the index formula, that can list the stores in descending order, 598 first...

locking / unlocking cell in formula
E F 1 Do you own a guitar validation cell (yes/no) 2 If yes is it a Gibson 3 Is it a 5 string 4 Is it electric 5 Do you own a piano 6 Is it electric 7 Does it have 88 keys 8 Do you own a TV 9 Is it color 10 Is it an LCD 11 Is it 25" 12 Is it 32" 13 Is it 42" 14 Do you own a radio I would like to lock cells F2:F4 if F1 contains the word "no" I would also like to lock cells F6:F7 if F5 contains the word "no" I would also like to lock ce...

plz help in to creat formula of excel
hello to all i want to discuss my problem with you related to MS excel. i want to know or find out formula of excel which can help me in such way.... i want to make grade point of my college students in such a way.. for example.... marks grade point average 50 1 53 1.3 60 2 68 2.8 70 3 76 3.6 80 4 84 4 89 4 90 4 98 4 100 4 this is example the student who get 50 marks the GPA will be 1 and who get 80 marks or above 80 the GPA should be 4 GPA should not less than 1 or grator than 4 please tell me the formula so that i can make this GPA thanks a lo -- khushe --------------------------...

display result of formula
How do I make a cell which contains a formula display the result of that calculation rather than the formula (it is formatted as "number" and I have tried "recalculating") Peter Peter Chadbund expressed precisely : > How do I make a cell which contains a formula display the result of that > calculation rather than the formula (it is formatted as "number" and I have > tried "recalculating") > Peter Change the cell format to 'General'. Redo the formula. Change the cell format to 'Number' and apply your display preferenc...

User Form Formula ?
Hi On a user form I have 2 Text Boxes in which to enter cash figures Excluding TAX - on the worksheet these 2 figures enter columns E & G - in column K I have the formula =IF(SUM(E3+G3)=0"", SUM(E3+G3)*17.5% - If I create a new Text Box on the user form could it generate the Tax as the formula above and then on clicking Add Iformation Button it would enter column K thus doing away with the formula in column K on the worksheet which is sometimes altered by mistake. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully Yes, you could add TextBox3.Text = Format(CStr((Val(Tex...