Formula Help Please #6

I'm doing a lotto chart for work.  The initial investment is $250.  If we
win or lose, I would like to key in the amount in the respective column and
have the amount column automatically update itself.  The one thing I can't
figure out is how to take the previous days amount and make it part of the
formula.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  I don't know if the
example chart I've put in will translate well on the upload but this is how
the chart looks.  Thanks once again.

       Initial Investment Win Lose Amount
      250   10 240
        10   250
        153   353
          30 323

0
compcoff (64)
3/18/2007 3:06:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Peter,

A possibility:

Put this formula in D2 and drag D2 down as far as you wish:

=$A$2+SOM($B$2:B2)-SOM($C$2:C2)

Jan

0
jg8091 (25)
3/18/2007 4:18:02 PM
I don't believe it's working unless I'm doing something wrong.

I get #NAME?.

I will repost this question with a little more detail.  Thanks.
"jan" <jg@releerf.nl> wrote in message
> Peter,
>
> A possibility:
>
> Put this formula in D2 and drag D2 down as far as you wish:
>
> =$A$2+SOM($B$2:B2)-SOM($C$2:C2)
>
> Jan

0
compcoff (64)
3/19/2007 6:49:16 PM
Depending on where you are try SUM in plase of SOM

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I don't believe it's working unless I'm doing something wrong.
>
> I get #NAME?.
>
> I will repost this question with a little more detail.  Thanks.
> "jan" <jg@releerf.nl> wrote in message
>> Peter,
>>
>> A possibility:
>>
>> Put this formula in D2 and drag D2 down as far as you wish:
>>
>> =$A$2+SOM($B$2:B2)-SOM($C$2:C2)
>>
>> Jan

0
sandymann2 (1054)
3/19/2007 6:56:17 PM
Peter,

Sorry, I didn't translate the dutch formula.
Indeed, SOM should be written as SUM.

Jan

0
jg8091 (25)

Average formula where blank cells are counted as zeros
I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank cells. I had only cells A2, A4, A6 filled out, but when I do =average(A1:A6), it is not treating the blanks as zeros so the answer is much higher than it should be. Should I do a logic formula within the cells? If you know the range, you could do the division yourself: =sum(a1:a6)/6 But this would include other non-numeric cells in the count of cells (6), too. krwelling wrote: > > I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank > cells. > > I ha...

Pls Help!!
Hello i need to check a row for data and if that data is their i need to the check the next row and if the data isnt their then i need to put th data in that range i know how to add the data using VBA but i dont know how to check tha row for the data and if it does exist i need to goto the next row Hope this helps, Jami -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com for each c in selection if c="mydata" then c="mydata" next c -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "boris2004 >" <<boris2004.12e7s7@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

Formula Question (MPS)
i have a formula i use in a spreadsheet... = IF(YEAR(O$1)-YEAR(E3)=105,,YEAR(O$1)-YEAR(E3)) I use it to caculate ages where the current date is in cell O1 and the Person's birthday is shown in cell E3. It doesn't add up right because if the birthday is later in the year than the current day (shown in cell O1. ) It works fine if the birthday is. If the birthday has already happened this year, then the formula works fine. How shoud i adjust it? thanks. Mike instead of adjusting, how about using =DATEDIF(E3,O1,"y") or =DATEDIF(E3,TODAY(),"y") ?? ...

HELP: Handling WM_SHOWWINDOW when window opened SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED
I've verified that the WM_SHOWWINDOW handler OnShowWindow() is not called when ShowWindow is called with SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED. I created a dummy MFC app (doc/view and no doc/view) and reproduced the behavior. So, here is what I have (simplified)... MFC app with no doc/view support. CMyWinApp::InitInstance() { .... pMainFrame->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); pMainFrame->UpdateWindow(); .... } CMainFrame::OnShowWindow(...) { // Not called when m_nCmdShow == SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED!! } This seems to be the designed behavior. Does anyone know why? What message can I handle in this case to know when the...

Formula that checks balances
I have a long list of formulas in column "E". I need to know at a glance whether any value in this column is inequal to zero without having to page down all the way through thousands of rows. Summing the column is no good because there could be offsetting values (e.g. +5 + -5 = 0). I would like a formula I could place in one cell that would indicate if every formula in the column evaluates to zero or not (rounded to 2 decimals). Can anyone help? Thanks! "xp" wrote: > I would like a formula I could place in one cell > that would indicate if e...

IF statement help #2
Hi What im trying to do is, Calculate a Cell x say 0.5. If the result is a negative number, sho 0. If it is a positive number, work it out and show the answer. Jus tried, and cant seem to get it right for some reason. I dont want t have to use another cell for no reaon, as I need to present th worksheet This is what I tried, IF((E22*0.5)>0), (E22*0.5), Thank -- RudeYut ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RudeYute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3295 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

formula #28
how do i show the formula when i need to print Hi You can use Ctrl and ` (which is to the right of number 1 on your heyboard) or you can use Tools / Options / View / Formulas (if my memory serves me right!) Hope this helps. -- Andy. "martin ekins" <martin_ekins69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5BE10AD0-0759-4AED-99A9-02203459FD0F@microsoft.com... > how do i show the formula when i need to print ...

help attaching files
Hi... Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003. For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails. Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder. then when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open.... It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder... Help? Thanks! -- B'rgds, Vinnie FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was released on Apr 15th. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165 It lists two known conflicts so far....

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

Outlook and AOL #6
Has anyone seen a situation where - when you're running Outlook and then log onto AOL, AOL will block Outlook from send/receive. This is an intermittent situation. Sometimes AOL can run simultaneously with Outlook, sometimes the two cooperate for thirty minutes then the problem begins, sometimes the problem starts after five minutes. What do you think? Thanks, Mark I think you should quit using AOL. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 ...

Number to text conversion ......HELP
Dear Friend.. I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into Text EQ. Result = 2,500.00 converting to .....two thousand five hundred.. Thanks Check http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eko Hery" <eko@megaenterprise.com> wrote in message news:BCD8B0CE.1D8%eko@megaenterprise.com... > Dear Friend.. > I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into > Text > > EQ. Result = 2,500.00 con...

AOL to Outlook 2003, transfer contacts and favorites, help?
Moving from 7 years of AOL service to a new ISP and using Outlook 2003 now. How do I avoid having to copy/paste hundreds of contacts one at a time from my AOL address book to Outlook. Also have lots of 'favorites' on AOL I would like to keep... Jakfrost "Jakfrost" <Jakfrost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924061C2-70C6-45DE-BA7D-9533902A9783@microsoft.com... > Moving from 7 years of AOL service to a new ISP and using Outlook 2003 > now. > How do I avoid having to copy/paste hundreds of contacts one at a time > from > my AOL addres...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

Argent Help
Hello All Can Any One Tell Me How Can I Get The Number Of Visible Sections In A Report To Use As The Upper Bound Of A Loop Of Sections Because With A Worng Number Of Sections An Error Occured So If There Is Any Way (Using API,...) Any Way Please Tell Me Thanks And Happy New Year For All Rabea Khalil "Developer" <shamijewelerjo@yahoo.com> wrote > Hello All > Can Any One Tell Me How Can I Get The Number Of Visible Sections In A > Report > To Use As The Upper Bound Of A Loop Of Sections Because With A Worng > Number Of Sections An Error Occured > > S...

excel time formulas
I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds an would like to find a formula which can convert it into minutes only i.e 10:50.2 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format the cells as [mm] -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "aly1cat >" <<aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds and > would like to find a f...

How do identify a blank cell in a formula
Example: IF(s69=blank,"Void".... What I want to say is if a cell, (s69in this example) is blank, enter the word "Void" but the above way don't work - I don't know how to enter that in this IF formula. Barb, here is one way =IF(ISBLANK(S69),"Void","") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Barb123" <Barb123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47...

Moving Average Formula Problem
I have a workbook with a date on worksheet 1 that indicates data has been entered for that month. On worksheet 2 is are columns of numbers with an average for each column at the bottom. I would like the average to use the date on worksheet 1 to calculate the average. The start of the range is known, but the end of the range is found only by looking up the date on worksheet 1. I have tried to use something like: =AVERAGE(B10:ADDRESS(VLOOKUP(date, range, 1, TRUE). This doesn't work and I can't find the functions needed to make it successful. Thanks in advance for any help! Needs...

Input formulas in a defined data range and convert results as valu
Hi, I have a dataset for users to view data. It has the following format till year 2010 and have portions of topics like forecast, shipment, aging .... and the whole dataset can go very long vertically. Within each topics is the type of products measured, below is an extracts of my dataset: Forecast Accuracy Jan 2007 Feb 2007 Mar 2007 Apr 2007 Prod A x x x x Prod B x x x x Prod C ...

Another CPropertySheet help...
I am using the Wizard mode and I can remove the buttons, but I also want to remove the 3D line control that appears above the buttons. What is the control ID? Thanks!... ...

formula question #5
How do you change a column of numbers all by a given percentage ie all numbers in column B to individually have a value of -30 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com zerc To remove 30% from all numbers in a column enter .7(point seven) in an empty cell of another column. Copy that cell. Select all the cells in the column and Paste Special>Multiply>OK>Esc. If not what you want, post back with a clearer description. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:55:02 -0600, zerconian <<zerconian.118s5o@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >How do you change a ...

Excel formula for year calc.
I'm new to excel, I have all the information set up on excel with name, address, date of birth, etc. what I need is the formula to calculate age in excel. I have no idea how to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bobby >-----Original Message----- >I'm new to excel, I have all the information set up on >excel with name, address, date of birth, etc. what I need >is the formula to calculate age in excel. I have no idea >how to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated. > >Thanks, > >Bobby >. Hi, Try this on the ce...

Using a value from a cell inside a formula!
Hi! I've got two cells that contain the start and end row of a matrix in sheet. I want to use these row numbers in a =COUNT.IF formula to count th number of specified instances in this matrix. But my problem is this; how can I use the values in the two cell inside the COUNT.IF formula?? I should look something like this; =COUNT.IF(F"cell1":F"cell2";"=argument") As you can see, the column (F) is specified in the formula but the ro number needs to be fetched from cell1 and cell2. Can anyone help me with the correct syntax? Thanks! -M -- marsupilam --...

Excel and "AutoRun.inf" -- help
Greetings list: I want to burn an Excel workbook to a CD. When the CD is inserted into a computer, I would like it to automatically start up Excel and OPEN my workbook. I've tried some "helper" applications for getting the autorun.inf file to open Excel [and my workbook] when the CD is inserted into the comptuter. It's not working! Can anyone help? Penny I think you might have more success in a site that deals wit Powerpoint -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

help with combo box
Hi, I have two columns in an excel sheet named as "Area" and "Territory". I want to make two combo boxes, one for area and other for territory such that if I choose a particular area, the entries in the territory combo box should change accordingly. Area Territory 1 aa 1 bb 2 cc 2 dd 3 xx 3 ee 4 gg so, if i choose "2" in area combo box, the territory combo box should show "cc" and "dd". please h...

rolling average formula
I'm sure this a snap for the sharks... I wish to create a formula for a basic daily rolling average, up to now I have been typing in a formula for each day which is time consuming and very inefficient, as follows... Sequence Value Average formula day #1 25 25 `= 25/1 day #2 5 15 `=30/2 day #3 3 11 `=33/3 day #4 6 9.8 `=39/4 day #5 13 10.4 `=52/5 day #6 10 10.3 `=62/6 day #7 12 10.6 `=74/7 day #8 25 12.4 `=99/8 and so on thanks for any help Gra On Oct 14, 12:4...