FORMULA HELP! Find all values in column at random rows and perform calcutlation.

ex.
3        3.9%
6        -2.7%
9        6.5%
12        1.2%
..
..
..
1000    Total of formula here.

I don't know what row a % number will show up on col A but it is before row
1000.  I  would like row 1000 under column A to have a formula that says
look for any row in column A and if you find a number, add 1 to that number
and then find the next one and add 1 to that number and then multiply those
two together and then find the next one add 1 then multiply to the last
set...etc.

Bascially, A100 would have the formula (1+A3)*(1+A6)*(1+A9)*(1+A12)...etc.
I just don't know what row a number will show up and I don't want to hand
type each little cell in A1000.

Is there a formual that will look at the whole colum and then do the math as
it finds a %?  Thanks.

Phil

0
Phillip
8/2/2006 5:58:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't have a fancy formula (yet!) for your cell A1000 (probably needs an
array formula), but here is another approach:

In cell B1, enter:     =IF(LEN(A1)>0,A1,1)
In cell B2, enter:     =IF(LEN(A2)>0,(1+A2)*B1,B1)
Copy B2 down through B1000.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Phillip Vong" wrote:

> ex.
> 1
> 2
> 3        3.9%
> 4
> 5
> 6        -2.7%
> 7
> 8
> 9        6.5%
> 10
> 11
> 12        1.2%
> ..
> ..
> ..
> 1000    Total of formula here.
>
> I don't know what row a % number will show up on col A but it is before row
> 1000.  I  would like row 1000 under column A to have a formula that says
> look for any row in column A and if you find a number, add 1 to that number
> and then find the next one and add 1 to that number and then multiply those
> two together and then find the next one add 1 then multiply to the last
> set...etc.
>
> Bascially, A100 would have the formula (1+A3)*(1+A6)*(1+A9)*(1+A12)...etc.
> I just don't know what row a number will show up and I don't want to hand
> type each little cell in A1000.
>
> Is there a formual that will look at the whole colum and then do the math as
> it finds a %?  Thanks.
>
> Phil

Enter the following as an array formula in your cell A1000. if not
familiar search excel help for array formula.

=PRODUCT(IF(A1:A999<>"",1+A1:A999,""))

Hope this helps.

Phillip Vong wrote:
> ex.
> 1
> 2
> 3        3.9%
> 4
> 5
> 6        -2.7%
> 7
> 8
> 9        6.5%
> 10
> 11
> 12        1.2%
> .
> .
> .
> 1000    Total of formula here.
>
> I don't know what row a % number will show up on col A but it is before row
> 1000.  I  would like row 1000 under column A to have a formula that says
> look for any row in column A and if you find a number, add 1 to that number
> and then find the next one and add 1 to that number and then multiply those
> two together and then find the next one add 1 then multiply to the last
> set...etc.
>
> Bascially, A100 would have the formula (1+A3)*(1+A6)*(1+A9)*(1+A12)...etc.
> I just don't know what row a number will show up and I don't want to hand
> type each little cell in A1000.
>
> Is there a formual that will look at the whole colum and then do the math as
> it finds a %?  Thanks.
>
> Phil

0
mvanetta (1)

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

update column

Help, I cannot Save!

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

visual basic

Help Required

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Select Max Date as Default Value
In my form, I have a combo box that looks up a date with a name. I would like the default value of the form field to be the most recent date in the list. I've messed around with max but no luck yet. Must be doing something simple wrong. The three fields that the combo box displays are MID, MailboxDate, MailboxName. Thanks in advance. ...

Need HELP! for Linking data

Need to add to current formula