Formula bar disappeared--VIEW menu no help

OSX 10.3.5
Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac
PowerPC G4

Not sure what's happened, but my formula bar is no longer displayed.
Selecting FORMULA BAR from the VIEW menu has no effect. Help! I really need
to be able to see my formula bar.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Ann
--
Ann Norcross
NCSU Department of Chemistry

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have you tried Tools-Options-View and make sure there's a check mark i
"Show: Formula Bar"

--
Cutte
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=984

In the following thread, a Macintosh MVP suggests deleting the toolbar file:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=BB13BDD3.5C63%25rey.b%40mvps.org

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Help on CString to char*
Being a newbie to MFC, I am having problems on copying CString to a char* Below is my attempt but I getting this error below: ===================================================== Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:\geac\GEACstatusptt.exe File: dbgheap.c Line: 1044 Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) Below is my code the way that I am doing now, look at switch 4 and this is where I call a DLL library "McaAddPageMember" ====================================================== char cPAGER_CODE[16]; CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("CPsnstatuspttView::Call_Page_M...

Formula Help #9
Thanks Max and Ragdyer for your replies, Max I've downloaded the link you provided and had a bit of a play and it works so good I'm now going to see if I can get it to automatically fill in the sheets for the knockout rounds which I can print off and give to the marshal for lining up the cars. I'll let you know how I get on, Regards, Kieran Max Wrote: > In Sheet1- > Put in G2: =IF(COUNTBLANK(D2:F2)=0,MAX(D2:F2),"")- > > And if you want Sheet2 to display the results progressively ("live") as > the > scores are input from the very first run...

Excel ODBC driver fails to update XLS if a formula exists
Searching for an answer via Google and Bing didn't help, so I'm asking here. I'm using an old version of Visual Studio but I think the problem is in the ODBC driver for Excel. I found code on the Internet for a class called CSpreadsheet which successfully inserts columns into an empty Excel XLS spreadsheet just like I need, but when I try to do the same thing to an existing spreadsheet that contains even one formula like =SUM(A1:A12) none of the cells I try to update accept the values. The non-fatal error out of the Commit() being done says: Cannot delete spread...

Help please with Offset/Match formula
I am struggling with a formula using Offset and Match. I have a table of data and I need to read in data into specific cells, I am using the combination of Offset and Match and everything is OK for 90% of the time. My problem is the following:- I have a number of production lines, some products can be manufactured on more than one line. Where the product/resource combination is unique then everything is fine. I need my Offset to match against more than one criteria. Example Resource Product Period 1 qty Period 2 qty etc..... Line 1 1233 1,000 1,00...

Help with InStr in a query
I have values like "2010 WW14" and "2010 WW7" in a query and I'm trying to grab the number part to the right of "WW". It will always be a 1 or 2 digit number and I always want the format to be a number. I'm currently using Left([WorkWeek2],(InStr(1,[WorkWeek2],"ww")-1)) to grab the 4-digit year to the left of "WW", but I can't figure out how to alter it for what I need above. Any suggestions? Thanks! Try: mid(WorkWeek2,instr(WorkWeek2,'ww')+2) -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; t...

Menu command funtion...
I want to create my own menu command function that is is similar to File | Exit. What code would I use to achieve this? Thanks, RABMissouri What are you trying to achieve that is different from the standard File | Exit? Can you simply use the ID_FILE_EXIT menu ID? Jase "RBert" <drbert@microcore.net> wrote in message news:O3So7v6FEHA.3568@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I want to create my own menu command function that is is similar to File | > Exit. What code would I use to achieve this? > > Thanks, > RABMissouri > > Erratum: ID_APP_EXIT, *not* ID_FIL...

Help Windows Vista Home Basic
For nearly 2 months now my computer has been trying to do a Windows Update of the 5 security up dates for MS software packages. Security Update for MS Office 2007 (KB951550) Security Update for 2007 MS Office System (KB951944) The 2007 MS Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) Update for MS Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2202131) Update for 2007 MS Office System (KB967642) I have tried updating them individually, tried letting down the firewall, tried turning off my McAfee Virus Scan and the firewall and updating, it won't work. It says error 646, it downloads then...

Exch 2003 Enterprise - Database Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C51596.8AAABC50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I came in this morning and almost passed out when I saw my = Exchange 2003 Enterprise server.=20 One user shows no messages in his Outlook inbox. I thought "user error" = and checked Exchange. I see that any messages sent to his account are = sitting in queue for local delivery. And failing!=20 I then checked Event Viewer and found this: Information Store (1880) First Storage Group: Th...

Disappearing graphics
I'm running MS Publisher 97 under WinXP Home. Recently I discovered that inserted graphics (.WMF) had simply disappeared from one of the pages. No frame, no placekeeper, nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? It keeps repeating. Vel See if this solves it, view, picture display, detailed display. If this isn't the answer maybe you are due for an updated video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Vel Turner" <twoturners@tiagris.com> wrote in message news:eRBsQ$4fDHA.1752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm r...

Worksheet Calculations Exclude Custom Formula
I want to exclude certain custom calculations calculating when I use the VBA worksheet calculate event (i.e. Activesheet.Calculate) on custom functions. Is this possible? Thanks in advance This seemed to work in simple testing. Maybe you can enhance it: Option Explicit Public StopCalc As Boolean Function myFunc() As Variant Application.Volatile True If StopCalc Then myFunc = Application.Caller.Text Exit Function Else myFunc = Now End If End Function Sub testme01() StopCalc = True ActiveSheet.Calculate StopCalc = False End Sub Sub tes...

Shortcut to insert a formula on many rows
Hi, I forgot how to make something and hope somebody form here can help me. For example I have 5000 rows of some random numbers in column A. In column B I want to insert a formula (any formula). How can I "insert" that formula for all 5000 rows with data at once. I know there is a shortcut for this but I forgot... :( Thanks for help! -- Vitalie Ciobanu AISBERG http://aisberg.rau.ro Hi Vitalie, Double click on the fill handle. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm it will copy the formula down as long as there is something in the column to the left. --- HTH,...

Req.: Formula
Hello, I hope if somebody can help me out with a formule: I have 3 columns, and in this example 8 rows Column A1:A8 are letters ( alphabetical), if I fill in a digit in B1,B2, B3 etc the results should be shown in in column C1,C, C3 etc. So if I fill in a in cell B1 the result in C1 should be the letter in cell A2, if I fill in the 4 in B2 the result in C2 should be the letter in cell A4 etc. e.g: A B C 1 a 2 b 2 b 4 d 3 c 8 g 4 d 3 c 5 e 5 e 6 f 1 a...

recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier.
Get message: recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier version of excel. How do I find out what and where the formulas are? Hi all formulas are re-calculated :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3DAB310A-9E42-4A84-9660-28224E362FC2@microsoft.com... > Get message: recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an > earlier version of excel. > > How do I find out what and where the formulas are? and to find out what and where the formulas are do this...

Outlook Meeting Request Issue
Question: Being a delegate on another person's calendar, how does my admin add others (all new hires need to receive this meeting) to a Reoccurring Meeting Notice and only have it send to the new person/people, not everyone in distribution list? She attempts to do this on almost a monthly basis as new people come in and it always seems to re-send to everyone instead of just the new people. Also, in many cases, it sends it more than once and if a cancellation has taken place prior, it actually renames the Meeting Notice. Our help desk seems to be stumped on this so I was hoping ...

Outlook auto checking for messages, HELP!!!!!!
I just reinstalled Office 2000 SR-1 with Outlook (9.0.0.4527) I keep Outlook minimized, and untill the reinstall, if I got an email, it would chime and I would get the small icon on my taskbar. Now, I only get notification if I maximize Outlook nad switch from one folder to another. This prompts the Send/Receive and I get messages comming in from up to an hour ago depending on when I last checked. I am running a LAN and I have tried to check for an features in options but cannot find anything that pertains to this setting. I know this used to work!!! Any help would be greatly appreci...

Q: some basic help
Hello I use VB in various MS apps from time to time, but I'm not very familiar with using it in outlook (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP2 to be precise.) So I am looking for a few brief pointers, or links to good examples. Assuming I invoke my macro while a message is displayed in the pane of the main outlook window (e.g. Tools:Macro:Macros:xxx [Run]) What objects and/or methods do I use in the macro to get at the message? I want my macro to be able to "read" the message body, and the text of the internet headers, and to get the smtp envelope details (assuming it is tha...

Customize Field Names and Menu iterms
Hello, How can I change the fields' name in a dialog box or the menu items name in a window? Can I use VBA to do it? Or, do I have to use Dexterity? Thanks, It depends on exactly what you are trying to change. You can use VBA or Dexterity for many things, but palettes can be altered from Setup >> Company >> Palettes, and many other strings can be changed using the Modifier. With the Modifier you can change strings and messages system-wide using the Resource menu without needing to create modified windows. Or you can create a modified window and change field prompts...

Conditional Formatting Help
I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with the following: Condition 1: If Column C Font is Bold then bold entire row and interior shade entire row gray. Condition 2: If Column B is Blank then shade entire row light yellow and format entire row font italic. Can't seem to figure out the formula for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. You havent mentioned the conditions for formatting these two columns.. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "BlueAngel" wrote: > I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with...

Data requires decimal point problem. Pls help.
Hi, I'm running Excel 2000 on a Win98 machine. When I enter a number in a cell Excel is now ignoring zeros on the right hand side. For example, if I type 100 <CR> the number 1 appears in the cell. Setting Format Options to two decimal places does not fix this. In that case I will get 1.00. Also, if that cell is used to multiply another the contents of another cell the result is just multiplied by 1. In order for me to get 100 in the cell I must type 100 and a decimal point. TIA, Joe Hi Joe try the following - goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' - uncheck 'fixed decimals...

copy&paste formulas

Lookup Function help
I'm trying to use the Lookup function to return two values in a row E.g.: worksheet1 column A=lookup values (in this example, the lookup value is "3"--whic is listed twice in the column) columns B & C=data to be returned worksheet 2 when the lookup value "3" is found, cells A1 and B1 should contain th values from Sheet1 cells B1 and C1 when the lookup value "3" is found, cells A2 and B2 should contain th values from Sheet1 cells B2 and C2 The formula I have is =VLOOKUP(3,Sheet1!A1:C6,{2,3}). In sheet2, selected cells A1 and B1 and array entered this...

Status Bar
Does anyone know the coding for reprogramming the status.htm. You konw the little window in RMS POS that shows customer info. I want to add, total sales, times visited, credits and so forth to this window so when a customer is pulled up, the info is there for the cashier. Can anyone help please, and no, I don't want to visit a reseller for this, it should be something programmable by the end user. Thanks It is beyond normal end user talents, and best left to a programmer who understands XML and the session object. I don't think many retailers have those talents. Nor do they ...

Installation customization help.
I am trying to change the following Outlook 2002 settings for ALL USERS on a Windows XP Pro system. Set editor to Rich Text and do not use Word as e-mail editor. Empty deleted items on exit. Disable Instant Messaging in Outlook. I have already changed the .mst but a un/reinstall doesn't get it done. I have also found the registry keys in HKCU, but placing them in HKU\.DEFAULT has no effect on new users that logon. Any ideas? Thanks, Chris Miller ...

need help- count w/ multiple criteria
--------------752C968DC7D28F3A2ED980B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here's a snippet of my data source TEAM MANAGED OPENED TROUBLE_TICKET_ID MAG Y 4/10/2004 5:30 1253992 MAG Y 4/13/2004 5:18 1253984 MAG Y 4/12/2004 5:08 1253979 MAG Y 4/11/2004 14:10 1253953 MAG N 4/13/2004 3:59 1253947 PWS N 4/13/2004 3:33 1253926 MAG N 4/13/2004 2:59 1253883 IPT N 4/13/2004 2:45 1253871 MAG N 4/13/2004 2:33 1253865 IPT N 4/13/2004 ...

View as HTML
Emails received by Outlook 2003 are defaulting to text view, even though all the configuration options I can find are set to HTML. Security issues aside, how do I set outlook to display emails in the format they were sent in? Do you have Outlook set to read all mail as plain text? Tools->Options->Email Options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Silbury Hill <no-one@home.com> asked: | Emails received by Outlook 2003 are defaulting to text view, even | though...