Formatting number in Data Table

I am using Excel 2007.  I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be
negative or positve.  I have formatted the cells with this custom
format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0.  On the spreadsheet the format works fine.

I created a chart from the data.  I have a data table at the bottom of
the chart.  The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not
reflected in the data table.  When I click on Format Data Table, there
is no option for number formatting.  There is a number formatting
option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it,
because the actual axis is Text.

Is there any way to use this format?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Scott
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

We have almost no control of the format of data tables.  I recommend not
using data tables, instead put a copy (linking formulas) of the data directly
below the chart but in the spreadsheet.  There you can format any way you
want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Scott Christopher" wrote:

> I am using Excel 2007.  I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be
> negative or positve.  I have formatted the cells with this custom
> format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0.  On the spreadsheet the format works fine.
>
> I created a chart from the data.  I have a data table at the bottom of
> the chart.  The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not
> reflected in the data table.  When I click on Format Data Table, there
> is no option for number formatting.  There is a number formatting
> option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it,
> because the actual axis is Text.
>
> Is there any way to use this format?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me!
>
> Scott

But doesn't that make it more difficult if you are copying the charts
into a PowerPoint Presentation?

I would click the "Yes" button if I knew where it is.  :)

Thanks for your help.

Scott

On Dec 9, 4:06=A0pm, Shane Devenshire
<ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have almost no control of the format of data tables. =A0I recommend no=
> using data tables, instead put a copy (linking formulas) of the data dire=
ctly
> below the chart but in the spreadsheet. =A0There you can format any way y=
ou
> want.
>
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire

number rounding in MS Excel

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data