Formatting cell for date

I need to enter the date as 060706 and the results is 6/7/06 or 6/7/2006.
Is there a setting or formula to do this?

Thanks,
newtechie

0
wgrant49 (9)
6/7/2006 4:18:33 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See Chip Pearson's site for an event macro that does what you want:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

newtechie

> See Chip Pearson's site for an event macro that does what you want:
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
>
> If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
>
> newtechie wrote:
> >
> > I need to enter the date as 060706 and the results is 6/7/06 or
6/7/2006.
> > Is there a setting or formula to do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > newtechie
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
wgrant49 (9)

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Dates #9

Single click selects multiple cells

Qrp Date functions

Fractions Number format

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

date tracking

Short time vs short date

Date Calculation

date modified

Date function quit working

Date format 04-11-06

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

How to Identify Records with Overlapping Dates
I need to be able to systematically identify any instance where there are overlapping date ranges in a data set. I need to pull records like those listed below out of a larger data set. I previously posted a question similar to this and was advised to pull the same table in a query, match on Member Number, and qualify that the product code from TableA did not match product code in TableA_1 where the Begin Date TableA was < Term date TableA_1 and TableA_1 Begin Date < TableA End Date. Which worked great for me finding overlapping records where the product was different, bu...

Format List Box!