Formatting all data labels on a chart at once

I have a stacked column chart.
How do I format all of the data labels togethor (i.e. to set them all
to a smaller font?)

I can do one stack at a time, but not all of them. Also I have data for
future months that will be populated later, so its not feasible to only
format the visible data labels. Thanks!

0
victorlai (7)
2/8/2006 9:58:54 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select the chart, then format the font.
Don't select the individual columns to do it.
Granted, this will change the font for every item in the chart, but it may
be a shorter way.

"VancitysFinest" <victorlai@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a stacked column chart.
> How do I format all of the data labels togethor (i.e. to set them all
> to a smaller font?)
>
> I can do one stack at a time, but not all of them. Also I have data for
> future months that will be populated later, so its not feasible to only
> format the visible data labels. Thanks!

Report Formatting Problems
We're trying to design our invoices to fit our preprinted forms (we would do it the other way around, but we have 10 cases of invoice paper left!) and I'm having difficulty with Report Writer. I'm wondering if someone can help: 1) Is it possible to change the font of a field OTHER then changing the DPI of the whole report? 2) Is it possible to wrap a field, such as the Long Description field, so that it will fit in a fixed width column? I am perplexed that there is not more functionality in the report design in a Microsoft product such as this. Thanks for any tips y...

chart area line missing in one pace (with picture)
http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg Can anyone tell me why there's a piece of line in the chart area border missing? I checked, and there is no object floating over it. Thanks. If you change the size of the chart area, does the missing postion stay the same? if you change the backgrond color of the chart, what do you see? If you move the chart area in the chart doc, what do you see? If you regenerate the chart what do you get? In other words, I don't know what causes it. "Dave R." wrote: > http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg > > Can anyone...

Multiple Condition Formatting
Hi, Can anyone help me on this: =IF(AND(F65<>0,G59="SELECT CUSTOMER"),APPLY FORMATTING, DON'T APPLY FORMATTING) I have been exploring the Conditional Formatting in 2007 and I may be wrong but I don't see a way to set a condition whereby two(2) logical conditions must be met for it to apply the formatting. Any ideas?? http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002980_Conditional_Formats_that_Distinguish_Blanks_and_Zeroes.html This could easily be applied to other conditions. Mike "Gerard Sanchez" wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me on this: > ...

Deactivating an embedded chart
Is it possible to deactivate an embedded chart (chart in a worksheet, not a chartsheet). I have an embedded chart that has a large data source range (about 10,000 cells) and a VBA macro that performs some calculations and inputs the results into these cells, but the chart updates in realtime and it slows the macro down quite a lot. I have read that the following code could be used if the chart is in its own chartsheet: Code: -------------------- Private Sub Chart_Deactivate -------------------- But my chart is embedded, so how could I deactivate/reactivate it? Alternatively, I though...

Combining multiple Stacked Charts
I have 3 scenarios with info on Asset A and Asset B for 10 years. I can create stack charts for each scenario independently, but can not figure out how to combine all 3 onto 1 chart across multiple years. x axis is year and each year should have 3 stacked lines Y Axis should be total value of both Assets Any help appreciated Does this help? http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JANeyer" <...

Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart
Dear Group, Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007 histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. John McLaughlin In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces �. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters in a text element (and many tex...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

requesting assistance with cell formating
Hello: I received a spreadsheet from a client with hundreds of rows of dollar amounts. The cell that have a figure that is 1.00 or greater have no problems, but the cells that have a dollar amount from 0.01 to 0.99 show up in the cell as ="0.25" instead of 0.25. This is obviously causing a problem when attempting to add up the a series of rows since "0.25" is a label, not a number. My question is how can I easily convert ="0.25" to 0.25 without going through cell by cell and re-entering the number? This spreadsheet has over 15,000 cells with dollar amo...

Cascading Combo for Chart Source
I have found some examples of how to use a combo to set the data source of an excel chart (see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html), using a combo to set an offset. In this case I'd have a combo box of counties which return number which is used as the offset. The relevant row is then used as the source for the chart. COUNTY WEEK01 WEEK02 WEEK03 WEEK04 Staffordshire 1.1 1.2 1.4 2.1 Derbysire 2.1 3.3 4.1 2.2 .... However, I have another spreadsheet that has the monitoring stations within counties. There are hundreds so it wouldn'...

multiple colors on format of plot area
How can I change the format of the plot area to multiple colors. for example I would like to have a Bar Chart with the background plot area starting @ blue , then Green, then Red. Then have the temperature bars plot over this area. thanks You can do so by bringing a stacked column chart into the mix. Please see Jon's example below: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "BillO" wrote: > How can I change the format of the plot area to multiple colors. > > for example I would like to have a ...

Move a single org chart shape
This is a simple question (I hope). I am trying to reduce the vertical space between the shapes at the top of my organizational chart. If I try to move or nudge any one of these shapes, all of the shapes below it also move thus making it impossible to close the gap. If I try using the "change spacing" feature, it rearranges all of the shapes in my chart. Any advice would be greatley appreciated. Claudia The change spacing feature has several options, one of which is the Selected Shape. That should allow you to change the spacing for that shape only. So, i...

Conditional Formatting with UsedRange Property for each Worksheet
I am getting an error indicated below in my code (Application-defined or object-defined Error, Run-Time Error '1004'). I want to have a bottome border line every 5 lines. Can someone explain to me why this portion of code will not work? Huge THANKS in advanced!!! Sub JobTracker1() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Call shUnProtect RowCount = 3 With Sheets("Archive") Do While .Range("L" & RowCount) <> "" myMonth = Format(.Range("L" & RowCount), "mmmm") Application.StatusBar = "Moving Sa...

Conditional Formatting #49
Does anyone know how to apply conditional formatting to a row of cells (i.e. to create a digital dashboard) based on the value of a particular cell? Let's say you want to change the formatting of row 2 if A1 is greater than 10: 1. Select row 2. 2. Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Formula Is and enter: =$A1>10 4. Format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to apply conditional formatting to a >row of cells (i.e. to create a digital dashboard) based on >the value of a particular cell? >. > ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Barcode reader & labels for Fixed Assets
Does anyone know any barcode scanner and label printer solutions that integrate with the Great Plains fixed asset module? ...

How to chart?
Need Help Charting Data -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have data in the following format: 10-05-04 395032 33757864 10-05-04 394656 33757864 10-05-04 394704 33757664 10-05-04 385544 33740816 10-05-04 431360 33795440 10-05-04 419656 33798832 10-05-04 403472 33768480 10-05-04 447864 33843624 ...

jumping data
hi i have a form which shows customer details, and this has a subform where you can enter the date and notes about the customer. the subform is in a datasheet view. so everytime you want to add some notes about the customer, you enter the date and write the notes. there are many customers on the database, and we make quite a few notes for each customer. Now when i go into the customer and put in a note, then come out and go back into it, the data has moved up a few columns and goes into the wrong place, rather than stay in the same place where it was entered. also when...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

how do i create a macro to export a chart to powerpoint?
Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to powerpoint. When I try to record the sequence it falls over at the 'copy' stage. Hi, Have you seen Jon's page on the subject? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "NPAT" <NPAT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9FBC41-25D4-4A27-8CBF-CF0F8E55D838@microsoft.com... > Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to > powerpoint. > When I try to record the sequence it falls over at ...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

Format DatePart
I'm trying to extract the month name (not just the number) from a ChkDate field in a query. ChkDate is a Date/Time data type. I use a DatePart expression which works fine to pull the month number. MonthNum: DatePart("m",[ChkDate]) But when I try to format that to get MonthName, it return Jan for any non- January month and Dec for any January month in ChkDate. Curious. Here's what I'm trying, and I can't see what's wrong according to syntax in help for Format and DatePart. Any ideas? MonthName: Format(DatePart("m",[ChkDate]),"mmm") Than...

Conditional formatting assistance
Hey all, I was hoping one of you could point me in the right direction... I have a single sheet Excel document to which I want to apply some conditional formatting. Rows 1 and 2 are header information (date). Column 1 and 2 also display information that doesn't contain data (city). The sheet contains a list of broken items that I've fixed. When I've fixed the same thing twice, I want the cells containing that item to turn color. When it's entered a third time, turn a different color, and a fourth time, a final color. For example, I enter Chicago_washer_1 in cell C3. Thr...

how to setup quotionnaire format
please answer I'll take you mean questionaire == survey ? If so, have a look-see at Debra's page: http://www.contextures.com/xlForm01.html Excel -- Survey Form With Option Buttons (Techniques by Dave Peterson) There's 2 sample files you can download on the page -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Lalitbogra" wrote: > please answer Re: how to setup quotionnaire format ...

Moving Data Automaticaly
Can you help I have a table (part shown below) the Date and Day moves automaticaly to left at midnight - is it possible to get the rest of the data to move as well 25-Nov 26-Nov 27-Nov 28-Nov Sun Mon Tue Wed 07:00 07:00 TBA on off on off on off on off 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -- JohnM Please explain meaning of "date and day MOVES to left" Are you using conditionally formatting to highlight the cell with the current date? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bli...