formating color

hi
i have a formating question.  i have cells with number choices i
them.
for example the cell looks like this.
100, 105, 123, 041, 514, 455
now i want to go back and select one of these. i wanted to highligh
the one that was chosen.  but it will not let me. is there a way i ca
do this? it will only allow me to highlight the entire cell, not jus
parts of it.

thank you in advanc

--
RAPPE
RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3624

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I assume this is all in say cell A1

100, 105, 123, 041, 514, 455

If that's correct you can only change the font style,colour and Size
etc by selecting the cell then clicking into the forumla bar just below
the the Format dropdown list.

If it's turn off use the attached link to help you turn it on

http://helpdesk.wisc.edu/page.php?id=1235

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33833

Conditional Format to highlight rows
Column A is not formatted as a date but does contain the year and month as 2010 03. How can I use Conditional Formatting to highlight that row when it is the current month and current year? thanks to all... Use the formula =AND(--LEFT(A2,4)=YEAR(TODAY()),--RIGHT(A2,2)=MONTH(TODAY())) as your condition. Or =AND(--LEFT($A2,4)=YEAR(TODAY()),--RIGHT($A2,2)=MONTH(TODAY())) if you want to highlight the whole row. -- David Biddulph "Jack Deuce" <stephen.moore@REMOVETOREPLYipa.net> wrote in message news:ripko51hnsc1sh8n1i126laq9vmtmnkon0@4ax.com... > Colu...

Road map with Chart Conditional Formating
Hi! I've tried to work through the several charts formatting techniques bu still haven�t found the answer to what seems to be a simple concept. I work at a motorway concessionaire. Our traffic comparisons are mad in relation to a reference traffic scenario, being divided in su stretches with different length. 1 THE SIMPLE WAY (NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR ANYONE I HOPE The length should be in the x axis of this chart. Only one bar would b necessary, being that a sum of the several bars (stacked bar chart? with it�s length proportional to the sub stretches length. Each bar should have a differe...

Increasing DPI output for jpg format
I created a business card in Publisher and am trying to upload it to a Business Card site in jpg format for printing. I used save-as in Publisher and selected the jpg format. the site has informed me that the dpi is insufficient for good quality. How do I increase the quality of the image or increase the dpi resolution of the image before using the save-as option in Publisher. In Publisher it looks great but the jpg image looks lousy. Thanks, Stuart James When you right-click your creation and click save as a picture, there is an option to change the resolution just above the file...

Can't see ANY color in Excel
I am "refurbing" a laptop to give to another user in my company. My problem is that I cannot see any color in Excel, I cannot fill a cell, and when I am typing in a color it turns to black when clicking on another cell. The actual display is fine as I can see color in any other application. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, ran updates, and no luck. This is the Office Small Business Edition 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Doug Is this by any chance the issue:- MS Article found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;Q320531 OFF: Changes to Fill Color ...

Big background page numbers/ Can't change format of a range
Hello, I received a spreadsheet used for printing out tables of data. This spreadsheet contains two features which I would like to understand: 1) Each Excel range that is printed on a separate page contains a big page number in the background of the speadsheet: "page1", "page2" etc. This page number, however, is not printed. How is this achieved? 2) There is a gray are outside the actual data range - and I can't change the formatting of that area. The spreadsheet is not protected. Thank you Michael You're in "Page Break Preview". Click <Vie...

How do I print preview a document in color?
My Print Preview only displays docuemnts in black and white. What printer are you using? My guess is you only have the drivers for a black laser printer installed. If not, try updating your printer drivers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED58142-E6C4-4F1F-B3BC-7A1268842A48@microsoft.com... > My Print Preview only displays docuemnts in black and white. ...

Time formatting
I need to be able to right a conditional Formatte that can highlight a cell (group of cells) in a sheet based on the time of day ... For instance... if the starting time (cell C4) is 02:29 and the ending time (cell D5) is 04:30 then any time with in this range the cell should be high lighted. Any other time the cell is not. Scott S. A. Stone wrote: > I need to be able to right a conditional Formatte that can highlight a > cell (group of cells) in a sheet based on the time of day ... For > instance... if the starting time (cell C4) is 02:29 and the ending time > (cell D5)...

format cells #6
I have solved this so it is just my curiosity at play here. Using someone else's sheet, I entered a formula (=D235/80) into a cell expecting a numeric result not realizing that the cell was formatted as Text (so I got to see the formula as text). So I changed the cell format to Number with 4 places. To my surprise, the cell still displayed the formula. I looked for a leading ' or space but there was none. Retyping the formula produced the result I expected in the first place. What is going on? TIA Len ______________________________________________________ Changing the forma...

date formatting BUG for CRM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
When I use case customization, and want to display the datetime of createdon instead of date, I click formatting tab, the Display Type dropdownlist only has ONE item Date Only. Thus I cannot format it to Date and Time like mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm Is this a microsoft bug ? Afraid this is "as designed". Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:17:05 -0800, "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: When I use case customization, and want to display the datetime of created...

FRx 6.7 sp5 and Exporting to Formatted Excel
I've seen problems with the export to formatted Excel. A company running FRx 6.7 sp4 says it's taking 4 to 6 hours to create the files. The processing of data takes about 20 minutes. It's the actual spreadsheet tab creation that's taking so long. They have 4 companies and 99 units over all in the tree. When they had sp2, it was running no longer than an hour. Has anybody been running sp5 (available in November) and successfully exported to formatted Excel in a reasonable amount of time? -- Charles Allen, MVP ------=_NextPart_0001_2CF9059E Content-Type: text/plain Con...

Changing color in Proofing toola
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel For individuals with color deficiency (red/green colorblind) issues... Is it possible to change the &quot;underlines&quot; of the proofing tools to a different shade of red and/or green or different colors altogether If so, how? <br> Thanks I'm afraid there is no provision for doing so � even in System Preferences. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/18/10 1:43 PM, in article 59bb131f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "marklaca@officeformac.com" <marklaca@offic...

how can i get the date & time format 2010/02/17 12:05 in excel
I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing my doubts. Right click the cell>Format cells>Click Custom and enter the below format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm Now try entering a date in that cell. To enter todays date use the short key Ctrl + ; -- Jacob "NarenSelva" wrote: > I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing my doubts. Try =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(I3:I71,"mmyyyy")="032010")*(H3:H71)) -- Jacob "NarenSelva" wrote: > I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing...

Is it possible to format a PSObject with a .ps1xml file?
This might be a totally ridiculous question...but here goes anyway: I have a couple of filters in modules that write PSObjects to output using code like: $x = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ one = "one" two = "two" } Write-Output $x There's just way more properties. How does one specify 'default' formatting styles for a System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject like you can with other types using .ps1xml files? That may not even be the right question to ask. What I'd like would be a way to define the default formatting for ...

email format is changed from HTML to Text
I haven't done any research on this, I hope someone has the answer. Sometimes when I reply to a message, the email format is changed from HTML to Plain text automatically, It does't happen when I am writing a new email, it is just sometimes when I am replying. Are you sure that the message to which you are replying is HTML and not just plain text with foreign encoding? For example, I set the encoding for this message to Turkish, but it is still plain text. It just doesn't appear that way (to me anyway, and possibly also you). Ray at work "Alex Perez" <aperezny@h...

condition formatting not working
$N29="$0.00" applies to $O29, but it didnt trigger when O29= 0 Note: format at O29 nbr cells set to currency $ Try explaining again what is set and what should happen. Your first attempt is too cryptic. crapit wrote: > $N29="$0.00" applies to $O29, but it didnt trigger when O29= 0 > Note: format at O29 nbr cells set to currency $ > > Try $N29=0 simply use 0 zero -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "crapit" <abc@mail.com> wrote in message news:%235vuI%23xKKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... &...

Format Phone Numbers
Hi We have noticed that when we enter the business phone number for a contact, the second part of the dialing code is enclosed with brackets after being saved. We would like to prevent this from happening. There is no code inserted in the On Change event on the Business Phone Number field and from my understanding we need to write a script to format the phone number. Our skills in this area are limited and I would like to ask if someone could please send me a basic example of a code to format a phone number as follows: +61 25 456 7139 Thanks alot Mark ...

Text formating #2
What I want the line to read Current (Non-Guaranteed) interest rate: 5.00% in year one, 3.00% in years thereafter. What the line is currently reading Current (Non-Guaranteed) interest rate: 5% in year one, 3% in years thereafter. Where the two interest rates are concatenated in a string. How can I make sure that I always have two decimal points shown? try ="Current (Non-Guaranteed) interest rate: " & text(0.05,"0.00%") & " in year one, " & text(A2,"0.00%") & " in years thereafter" if the 5 is always constant and the ....

Conditional Formatting, Date Ranges and Rows
Hello, I have scoured the newsgroups and searched quite a few posts for what I would like to do. We will use cell R3 as an example. I have Office 2007 and I would like to do the following: Highlight the row green if the date in R3 is less than 30 days old. Highlight the row yellow if the date in R3 is more than 30 but less than 60 days Highlight the row red if the date in R3 is more than 60 days old I have tried a variety of methods, but I cannot get any one to work. Please help! thanks so much. M Select the entire row. Conditional format, formula 1: =TODAY()<=...

Mouse Over Color
I really like how the close and minimize buttons glow and change colors in Vista when you point to them. Is there a way I can make my form command buttons in Access 2007 do that? Thanks -- Scafidel Lafayette, Louisiana Using the MouseOver event, you have some ability to induce button changes. There is an example at: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/MouseMove.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Scafidel" <jerryscafidel@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:59772C78-2A0E-45EE-BD64-AB410B4B9BAF@micros...

alternate row formatting in 2007-problems
I love the alternate row formatting now available in 2007 - but we are having some problems with it. When a new row is added in the middle of a sheet, it takes on the color of the row below it -- so then you end up having 2 blues or 2 whites - instead of alternate colors. It doesn't refresh itself to the alternate colors. ALso, we have one department that adds data at the end and then SORTS to get it in the right order.... again - it doesn't maintain the alternate colors after sorting - In fact, the inconsistant grouping of colors almost makes it more difficult to read. ...

Format Text in Date Cell
I am making a type of yearly calendar in Excel and I want to have certain cells that contain certain days of the week to have different colors of text. Sunday=Red and Friday=Blue An example of how the cells I am working on is: Friday, January 01, 2010 Saturday, January 02, 2010 Sunday, January 03, 2010 Monday, January 04, 2010 Tuesday, January 05, 2010 Wednesday, January 06, 2010 Thursday, January 07, 2010 Friday, January 08, 2010 Saturday, January 09, 2010 Sunday, January 10, 2010 Monday, January 11, 2010 Tuesday, January 12, 2010 Wednesday, January 13, 2010 Thursday, Janua...

Custom Format Currency. Rs. 12345678 should be displayed as Rs.1,23,45,678
Dear Readers & Supporters Does any body know how do I correct this correct this. When I type 12345678 and format this cell as currency then excel displays this as Rs.12,345,678.00 and not as Rs. 1,23,45,678.00 I am using Windows XP and I have confiugured Digit Grouping (Control Panel Regional Options Currency Digit Grouping as 12,34,56,789. Excel does understand currency Symbol from Regional Setting but does not understand digit grouping. Any Help. Sanjay Chavda India Use a custom format (format|cell|Number Tab|Custom category). From Bill Manville via Niek Otten: Rupees with Pais...

Conditional Formatting 12-01-07
Have been working with Conditional Formatting and have three questions: (1) I have three conditions; the field of interest contains values of "Spring" text color set to a green, "Summer", text color set to a pink, or "Fall" text color set to an orange. I am using Access 2003, which is supposed to accept three conditions, right? however the form will accept only two conditions, but will not implement the third. I know the code is correct, because any of the conditions work if there are only two. Is this a bug? (2) Can you conditionally format a cbo box s...

hiding % characted in the Y axis using custom format
Few weeks ago I have seen a presentation where by using custom format it was possible to format the Y axis so that it was displaying the % only next to 100 and all the rest of the axis was displaying numbers without %. It was like 100% 80 60 40 20 0 I do not remember the syntax of this custom format. Can someone refresh my memory ? How it was done ? Regards Tony Sounds like someone but a textbox over the 100 to make it 100% best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E...

Formatting cells with numbers and text
I have a column of numbers with text; i.e., 23L252350, 06K100997, 50J304888, etc. These numbers and text need to have a hyphen inserted after the first two numbers/characters and the next four numbers/characters, i.e., 23-L252-350, 06-K100-997, 50-J304-888. I tried using Format-Cells-Number-Custom, but cannot seem to get it to work since the 3rd character is usually (but not always) text. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Hi, try =LEFT(B7,2)&"-"&MID(B7,3,4)&"-"&RIGHT(B7,3) change the cell # to fit your needs "Dazed and...