Formating a Pivot Table???

Hello excel pivot table experts,

I have the following question.
Usually all the results depending how many data-variables you defined
are at the bottom below each other. is it possible to move the result-
row to the bottom of their subtable.

example:

for instance I have two categories (KG,AG) and
two variables (participants, age)

my pivot table looks like:
AG
1            2             3
datas  KG
part    1
2
3                      datas
age     KG
RESULT PAR
*result age*

I wonna change to rhe following:

AG
1            2             3
datas  KG
part    1
2
3                      datas
RESULT PAR
age     KG
RESULT AG

Do you have any idea????

cheers..

--
filipu
filipus's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=125

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Filipus,

This is possible - once you have set up the table, you will need to format
it.

Right click on the data row header you want to format, select "layout".
Here, you can select "Show items in outline form", and you also have the
option to display subtotals at the top of the group.

Other options in this screen are to insert a blank line and/or page break
after each item.

Hope this helps

Warm regards

Sunil Jayakumar

"filipus" <filipus.1p2xoc@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Hello excel pivot table experts,
>
> I have the following question.
> Usually all the results depending how many data-variables you defined
> are at the bottom below each other. is it possible to move the result-
> row to the bottom of their subtable.
>
> example:
>
> for instance I have two categories (KG,AG) and
> two variables (participants, age)
>
> my pivot table looks like:
> AG
> 1            2             3
> datas  KG
> part    1
> 2
> 3                      datas
> age     KG
> 1
> 2
> 3
> RESULT PART
> *result age*
>
> I wonna change to rhe following:
>
> AG
> 1            2             3
> datas  KG
> part    1
> 2
> 3                      datas
> RESULT PART
> age     KG
> 1
> 2
> 3
> RESULT AGE
>

> Do you have any idea????
>
> cheers...
>

> --
> filipus
> filipus's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1258

www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

0
Sunil
5/16/2005 2:18:24 PM
Hello Sunil,

thank you for your response! I guess I am simple stupid...

I have the german version but I guess you tried to tell me
that have to use this pivot-table option. on this "wizzard"
there is an combobox probably called in english "page layout"
here i have just to options which doesn't change anything in
fact :-(

probably I confused all of you guys...

ms is sometimes a miracle

--
filipu
filipus's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=125

Hello Sunil,

I found the way you meant...

this works unfortunately just with categorial groups but not
with data groups.

I have the sum of participants in my data field and their mean age.
when I put these data groups to the very left I get two tables. one
describes the number of participants and the other the mean age.

at the bottom I have got the summary of the columns of age and
participants. I would like to have them and the bottom of their sub-
table (participants,age in respective)

ah this is not fair...

but thank in any case

cheer