Form/template to pull information from access database

How do I create a master form/template in excel that will pull the
information from access?  This needs to be emailed on to other individuals
who will input certain information.  Therefore, some of my fields need to be
locked leaving some open for data entry.

I thought that perhaps a query imported from access to excel and then the
form populated by excel.  Once the individual inputs info and emails back,
that info will populate my excel query.

The thought is all I have as I have never attempted anything like this and
have absolutely no idea as how to go about.  I may be on the wrong track
also.

Your assistance is appreciated.

JR

0
joyrose (23)
8/24/2005 2:39:08 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I really need help on this.  I have a time line that is getting short.  My
apologies for second post.
"jwr" <joyrose@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> How do I create a master form/template in excel that will pull the
> information from access?  This needs to be emailed on to other individuals
> who will input certain information.  Therefore, some of my fields need to
be
> locked leaving some open for data entry.
>
> I thought that perhaps a query imported from access to excel and then the
> form populated by excel.  Once the individual inputs info and emails back,
> that info will populate my excel query.
>
> The thought is all I have as I have never attempted anything like this and
> have absolutely no idea as how to go about.  I may be on the wrong track
> also.
>
> Your assistance is appreciated.
>
> JR

0
joyrose (23)

Are there any household budget templates available in Excel?
Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Do a search near the top for "Budget," and you should find a few of them. Looks like "Personal budget" is the most popular, followed by "Family monthly budget." (based on votes) HTH Dana DeLouis "nevinnh" <nevinnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C0B084E-954F-4CAF-8ACB-AF33C6F3F097@microsoft.com... > Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? Go to microsoft template site, on the sear...

GetOpenFileName + Using own dialog template
Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the dialog is...

Form not populating
Hello all... I have a edit record form, which was working, until I added record navigation buttons to the form (memberinfo) that has the edit record button that opens it. I'm not sure where the problem is, but the eidt record form no longer populates the information. The filter shows the correct info, but the text boxes are all blank. Here is the code for the edit record button on the memberinfo form. -------------------------- Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "EditMemberInfo" stLinkCriteria = "[MembershipNumber]=...

Continuous Form Use
I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone calls and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single form appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks. You can spawn forms off a form, and access the data on that form. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ryjack" <ryjack@disc...

Removing web access from outlook address bar
Is there a way to remove or restrict someone's access to the web from the address bar in outlook 2002? I have users who do not have IE priviledges but are able to slide the address bar over and type in a web address to get to websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Can you block their web access at the firewall? Perhaps this is not a technical problem but rather a behavior problem. If these people are employees (or children) perhaps you need to create a policy that forbids them doing this along with some consequences for violating it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, On...

User Access Reporting
Hello Everybody, Does anyone know of a better way to audit security for individual users that the User Security report? Even with the options set to include Accessible Items only, we're finding the report for a single user runs well over 100 pages. With that kind of bulk, both the generation and review of the reports becomes a major endeavor. We're currently using GP9, with plans to go to 10 this year. Thanks, Jeremy Hi Jeremy Have you looked at the Rockton Software add-on called Security Auditor? I think it will do everything you are looking for and more. -- Fliehigh &q...

How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross mu.
How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross multiple user ids on a computer Krishna <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross > multiple user ids on a computer You can't. Each user ID will have its own profile, sicne profile information is kept in the registry in a user-specific area. However, you can certainly reference the same message store within each profile. For POP accounts, just put the PST somewhere in the Shared Documents hierarchy and point to it within each profile. -- B...

Print button on Report form
Hi all :-) =20 Access 2007 Pro Plus, Vista Ultimate SP2 I am preparing a small app for a friend who is handicapped, and am = trying to make things as simple as possible for them to use. I am trying = to limit the number of functions and clicks necessary to accomplish = tasks as much as possible, and would like to try an idea. I want to add a small button on the report form that will print the = report when clicked. I have done this on display forms to print as a = report, but, not on a report form. In trying to add such a button to the = report form in 2007 I am not being offered...

Creating Excel Invoice Template
I have been trying to customize a downloaded template but was frustrated so trying to create my own invoice. My question is once I input the formulas how do I keep/save them ???? when I enter the first calcualtions all is well, but if I go back and edit in the cell where the formula resides I lose the formula ??? I am a relative newbie to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have searched this site and cannot find a link to creating an invoice worksheet. Sasha ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wit...

User forms #4
Rather than linking excel to a VB front end, how powerful are the VB userforms? If I want to create a front end of my excel workbook with sheets which will just display information that the cells calculate th how hard would this be? I also want to try and hide the fact that it is an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance Padrai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Shouldn't be too hard, especially if you know VB! To hide the fact the file is in excel you can do things such as hidin worksheets and also hiding toolbars when the worbook_open event i triggered. This can al...

Vista/Access Database Network Problem
Has the very serious network problem in Vista covered by Article 935366 "Issues that you may encounter when you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista" been fixed by either Vista SP1 or Access SP3? I can't find any reference to a fix in these service packs?? To lose your data is indeed a very serious bug. Part of the article on 935366 states: When you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista, you may encounter one or more of the following issues: .. Access ...

Test linked form for data
Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly Me.f...

problem while starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service
Hi, I am facing some problem with starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service. Did a fresh exchange server installation and after reboot this service was not running. I tried running this service manually but getting error as "Could not start Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on Local Computer Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" In the event Application logs i am getting some warnings and error related to 1. The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error ...

Export Access pivot table to Excel
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. Default out put format of query is pivot table. I want to export same to excel. I do that each time with the export button which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. Code is below: ---------------------- Public Sub TransferReport()...

Moving a line of data when information is entered in a specific cell.
HELP NEEDED. I am trying to create a spreadsheet to keep track of problems that we encounter at our volunteer organization. It is pretty simple. I am having one problem. One of my fields is "completion information." What I need is when completion information is entered into the field, I want that line of information to move to an "archived sheet". In effect, so that I have a sheet with only active problems and when the completion information is entered it moves to the archived sheet. Anyone have any suggestions? -- opshmo -----------------------------------------------...

Chart not to pull Zero's
I am working on an Excel Chart that has future months showing with a Zero dollar value and it is charting the future months on my chart. Is there a way to get it so that the Zero's will not show up? I have a formula that is pulling the amount from another chart. Thank you for your help. Change "" to NA() in your formula. This puts #N/A into the cells, which is unattractive in the worksheet, but which is not plotted on a line or XY chart. =IF(A1=0,NA(),A1) - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ __...

Extending CRM access to another Domain
We have a request from our parent company overseas in that they want to connect to our instance of MSCRM. In no way is our AD environment or WAN connected to them. My first thought was to simply create AD accounts for those users, and give them VPN access into our network. Then allow them to hit the CRM web site, but then the question of CRM email comes around. Since we have two different domain names, it would mean that the overseas folks would have two email accounts to manage. My question here would be what are my options to make this happen? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! ...

Query by Form: Output to Listbox?
Hi, I have been asked to look at a database at work that has a query by form where the user can select a table to query. There are three columns of boxes on the form. The first column are drop-down combo boxes that allow the user to select the fields depending upon the table selected above. The next column of five are for the comparison operators (<,>, etc) and the third column of five boxes are text boxes where the criteria values are typed. There is one connector box that has two values: OR or AND. The form works and displays the query in a table view. This is the code behind the but...

How do I creat a 8-1/5 x 14 template in Publisher?
I am creating a newsletter for my business and the boss wants to use 8-1/2 x 14 papers. How do I customize a template to and make it like a book where you staple it in the middle? Help!!! Lace wrote: > I am creating a newsletter for my business and the boss wants to use 8-1/2 x > 14 papers. How do I customize a template to and make it like a book where you > staple it in the middle? Help!!! File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper. Use this dialog to set your paper size. There are templates that use a Booklet fold by default. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http:/...

Pulling calculated field from subform
I have a person table that is the parent table. I have a child table that has a date, a series of yes/no fields, and a risk category that is a calculated field based on certain combinations of the y/n fields. The y/n fields will be logged monthly by date with some interest in the historical data. I want to transfer the risk category that is associated with the most recent date to a query of the main data set. Example, My main form and report will be laid out similarly: NAME SSN DEMOGRAPHIC DATA RISK CATEGORY (pulled from most recent date below) date c1 c2 c...

Access
� Como se establecen las relaciones? ...

how to delete or remove checkbox form control in Excel?
I am having a hard time getting rid of form control checkboxes in Excel. Is there some simpe way to get the rid of the */#x things? Right click and cut dosen't work. it seems almost impossible to delete the things after they are added. Most often you end up creating a copy of one instead of getting rid of one. Help! They are more trouble than they are worth. Are these from the control toolbox toolbar? If yes, then click on the design mode icon first. Then delete the checkbox. Remember to toggle that design mode icon when you're done. tubbekans wrote: > > I am ha...

Email templates NEED to allow customized entity fields
How can CRM not allow for customized fields from customized entities to be placed into email templates. If ACT can figure out how to do it, CRM should have it also. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

Can't enter data in form?
I have a subform that is based on a query but when I open it I can't enter or edit any data. The Recordset Type is set to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates), the Allow Edits, Additions and Deletions are all set to Yes and the Data Entry is set to No. can anyone point me in the right direction as to what else to look for? Thanks Tony Try changing the RecordsetType to Dynaset, i.e. not Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org...

Code working ? in Access 2007
Why does some code I have created in Earlier version of Access Not work in Access 2007....?????? -- LD What code? How much earlier? Are the proper object library references set? What do you mean by "not work"? Error messages? (which ones), nothing happens? unexpected things happen? nothing happens? There are probably an infinite number of answers to your very broad question. If you'd like to provide more information, someone might be willing to assist. If your question was rhetorical, have a nice weekend. -- HTH, George "LD" <LD@discussions.microsoft.com&...