form monitors users activity on sheet

I have a huge ss and need to work with all of it. There are certain
cells in each long row that I'd like to see at all times.

I have a "viewer" connected to a hot keyed macro that does just that.
The form also allows editing of those cells.

Is is possible that the form can be made to follow me while I work on
the ss?  If I move to row X, the form senses that and get the data
from that row.   I could install some goto controls on the form, but I
rather the form follow my activities while I work on the ss.

And I want the form.  It has tools that help display and edit complex
strings.  Just moving the cells to a central area on the ss is not
enough.

Thank you.
0
oldyork90 (5)
7/25/2009 11:19:06 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could try splitting the window, and having the form in one of the splits.
--
Cheers,
RyanR

--- pls click yes if I''ve helped you ---

"okey" wrote:

> I have a huge ss and need to work with all of it. There are certain
> cells in each long row that I'd like to see at all times.
>
> I have a "viewer" connected to a hot keyed macro that does just that.
> The form also allows editing of those cells.
>
> Is is possible that the form can be made to follow me while I work on
> the ss?  If I move to row X, the form senses that and get the data
> from that row.   I could install some goto controls on the form, but I
> rather the form follow my activities while I work on the ss.
>
> And I want the form.  It has tools that help display and edit complex
> strings.  Just moving the cells to a central area on the ss is not
> enough.
>
> Thank you.

0
RyanR (3)
7/25/2009 11:30:01 AM
On Jul 25, 6:30=A0am, RyanR <Ry...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You could try splitting the window, and having the form in one of the spl=
its.
> --
> Cheers,
> RyanR
>
> --- pls click yes if I''ve helped you ---
>
> "okey" wrote:
> > I have a huge ss and need to work with all of it. There are certain
> > cells in each long row that I'd like to see at all times.
>
> > I have a "viewer" connected to a hot keyed macro that does just that.
> > The form also allows editing of those cells.
>
> > Is is possible that the form can be made to follow me while I work on
> > the ss? =A0If I move to row X, the form senses that and get the data
> > from that row. =A0 I could install some goto controls on the form, but =
> > rather the form follow my activities while I work on the ss.
>
> > And I want the form. =A0It has tools that help display and edit complex
> > strings. =A0Just moving the cells to a central area on the ss is not
> > enough.
>
> > Thank you.

Got this from the programming branch:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal
Target As Range)
    MsgBox "this is changing in cell"
End Sub

Just hook into the sheet's events and the form can follow anything you
do.  Slick..
0
oldyork90 (5)

Center Access2007 Form in the middle of access Main Window
Thank You Is there any easy way to center access 2007 forms in the middle of the screen (Monitor) or access main window. and give me good result Hello, I think there is no built in feature to achieve this goal. You may need to create a new form and configure it as the main window. You could enumerate forms and create buttons etc to open forms from this main form. For example, you could use hte following code enumerate forms in your database: Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb Set cntContainer = db.Containers("Forms") For Each doc In cntContainer.Documents Str...

page header and footer not showing in form view
I have an unbound form where the page header and footer are visible in design view, but not in form view (with the window large enough to view the whole form -including the H/F and detail secions) Is the form corrupt? (it's a very simple form and can easily be recreated), or am I missing a toggle somewhere? thanks in advance, mark Mark Access offers BOTH page headers/footers and form headers/footers. Which one(s) are you using? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this ...

Referencing Sub-form field from the main form. ------H E L P
I have a Form & Sub-Form What is the proper syntax to reference a field in the sub-form or visa versa. I tried accessing the field from the subform below: :: [Forms].[pagosdet subform3].[fieldname] but this doesn't seems to work. I need to put the value of a subform field into a variable and add that variable to a field in the main-form. Please Help Thanks. You shouldn't have a space in the subform name. Change it to pagosdet_subform3 Then on your main form create an unbound text box and use this as the control source =pagosdet_subform3!fieldname Use ...

publish excel sheet through API
Hi, I know in Excel2007, I can publish excel sheet through the UI using Excel Services. I am wondering if I can do the same though some APIs (programmically). Thanks for any pointer. Minh ...

Range names are displaying in big blue letters on sheet
Does anyone know how to turn off this display? It seems so basic, but I can't find it. The range names will appear if you set the zoom level below 40%. I don't know of any way to turn this feature off. Katie wrote: > Does anyone know how to turn off this display? > It seems so basic, but I can't find it. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Katie Are you sure it is range names and not page numbers? Try View>Normal Other than that, I'm at a loss without more detail. What do the range names look like other...

MS CRM 3.0 + Active Directory
Hi, My computer is a member of a domain. when I try to connect to MS CRM on my web browser client, it ask me username and password.When I write them , i cant connect to CRM.But , i write server admin user and password , I connect. Also, when i try to connect to Server with remote desktop, it accept admin user name and password, but doesnt accept my username and password and gice this error: "To log on to this remote computer you must be granted the allow log on through terminal services right. By default, members of the remote desktop group have this right. If you are not a membe...

Advanced Filter in Protected Sheet
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C7A241.D8A9F760 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using the subs below to run an advanced filter filtering data from = another sheet. When I protect the sheet (user to select only unlocked cells) I get a = runtime 1004 error. Any ideas on how to keep this runtime error from happening? Thanks, Keith -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Targe...

gather information from another sheet with one related value
I have a workbook with two worksheets. Each sheet is getting it's data from a different source. Sheet 3 was exported from access and sheet two is from another workbook. There is one value (per record) that relates the 2 sheets and I need to bring information from the related value row to the second sheet. I have: =MATCH(B3,Sheet3!A:A,0) In cell M3 of sheet 2, this has given me the row number of the record from sheet 3. Which is (10) then I: =ADDRESS(M3,2,1) In cell N3 of worksheet 2, this has given me the cell address. Which is (B$10$) How can I get the value from the cell addre...

Rename user #3
I renamed a user who had been entered with all lowercase. She wants her name to show up capitalized in the GAL. But the change doesn't seem to pass through to the GAL. I checked in: system manager\recipients\All address lists\all users\. The preview shows the name is capitalized there. ideas? Do I need to rebuild the address book? Is that safe to do? Thanks, Stan are you running Outlook in cached mode? that might account for it not showing up properly...also, did you change it to all caps in the "Display name" field? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "rockymtn" &...

How to find an object on a form
I cannot find an object on a form. How to list the objects on a form? ...

Outlook 2003 and Custom forms
Hi, I have many problems with Outlook 2003 and the custom forms ( fmrCache.dat not updated, forms not read ecc.). I want to know if there are fix / patch (italian Language ) to resolve this problem. thanks Claudio Hi, I'd like to get the same fix/patch or script to fix this custom forms issue. BTW Microsoft registry fix isn't working:( Any reply would be appreciated. Vlad >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have many problems with Outlook 2003 and the custom >forms ( fmrCache.dat not updated, forms not read ecc.). >I want to know if there are fix / patch (i...

Showing shared accounts in My Active Accounts view
My question is whether or not there is a way to show an account on multiple users 'My Active Accounts' view? Possibly a way to use sharing to create a new view of that users assigned accounts and the shared accounts as well. Well, the "My Active" view is only intended to show the records that you own, so no, you can't do this. However, the "All Active" view will show the records that the user has access to, so sint' that what you are looking for? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------...

Management Reporter
One of the staff had me reset their password & they are getting the message that the user is locked out of the system when trying to enter the new password. They are not listed in the User Activity window. Any idea of what needs to be done. We'll get this incident at least once a week Thanks The only other thing I can think of is that we are running thru the VM and 10 minutes after the new password is entered by admin, the user gets in "Merle" wrote: > One of the staff had me reset their password & they are getting the message > that the u...

Column widths get changed when another user opens my files
hello, i save an excel file on a network drive and when another user opens it the width of the columns are all changed. what's going on? How can we get stop this? thanks!!! ...

Contact or Account in the Activity Manager window?
Is there anyway to show either Contact or Account in the Activity Manager? Thanks MAark ...

Exchange / Outlook 2003 Public Folder Shared Calendar
We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix), on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the free / busy replication, as there is only one se...

how can I type up a consent form
I need to make one because my son is going out of state with his grandmother and I need to get one made up fast so that if anything goes wrong she can sign for him at the E.R. Hardly an excel problem. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Danie" <Danie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99852E7D-DDBF-4CFA-953E-80A4B37BCA4E@microsoft.com... >I need to make one because my son is going out of state with his >grandmother > and I need to get one made up fast so that if anything goes wrong she can > sign for him at the E.R. W...

Common Client User Session
I periodically get a message saying there was a problem with "Common Client User Session" and the program has to close ---- Outlook remains open but there does appear to be a loss of functionality that requires re-booting! What is the cause of this problem? There is no error message number given. ...

Multiple Users #4
My scenerio is - we have 10 warehouse workers that log on to 1 PC with a common logon. I would like to give each of them their own secure mailbox that they can access, without logging out of Windows 2000. I have created accounts for each of the users, as well as profiles on the PC. When the user tries to login, there is a prompt for ID/PW and Domain. After entering the info - an error appears saying that the user does not have permission to access the mailbox. We are using Outlook 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Yes/No query from form.
Greetings all, I am attempting to create what seems (to me at least) to be a very complex query. I have a form (which will eventually link to my query when I can figure out what I'm doing). The form has 4 yes/no check boxes, and two combo boxes. What I would like to do is have a user of my database select one of the check boxes (hence filtering for any checked record in my table) and then make a choice from each of the two combo boxes which would then filter the search results just to those choices selected. Any help would be greatly appreciated! See: Search form - Handle ...

Opening other user's folder
We are on exchage 5.5 with outlook 2000 for the clients. When going to File/Open other user's folder, in the pulldown list of choices, we only see Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, & Tasks. It doesn't show Deleted Items or Sent Items. How can I get those two other folders to show up in the list? You would need to actually add User B's mailbox to User A's profile to make those extra folders available -- there's no way to add them to the Open Other User's Folder list. First, give User A Reviewer permission at the root of User B's mailbox. Then, make ...

Opening another user's appointment copies appt into my Calendar
I frequently open other users' appointments when viewing their calendars. However, upon opening the item, a copy of the appointment then appears in my personal calendar. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to make it stop? Thanks. ...

Print a user form image
I learn how to print a text as follows Private Sub CommandButton3_Click() Dim intOutFile As Integer 'number for the output file intOutFile = FreeFile 'get a file number Open "c:\temp\temp.txt" For Output As intOutFile Print #intOutFile, Print_Dev.TextBox1.Text Close intOutFile Shell "c:\windows\notepad.exe /P c:\temp\temp.txt" Kill "c:\temp\temp.txt" 'delete the file if desired End Sub Now I would like to print an image as well... I tried modifying this Print #intOutFile, Print_Dev.TextBox1.Text ...

Switching forms crashes Access
Greetings: My application has a menu form that lets users jump to other forms in the database. Switching from one particular form back to the menu causes Access to crashes. If I close this form and return to the menu, it's fine. If I leave it open and ctrl+f6 back to the menu form, Access goes down hard. The application has several dozen forms, but only one (frmProjects) causes this problem. This is the only form that contains tabbed subforms. I removed the subforms one at a time and found that the 10th of 12 subforms (frmPayAppsOverview) was causing the problem. Then I began removing c...

Priority field in activity veiw
Hi all, I'll try to explain myself.. I've changed the picklist values in priority in the task entity.. but now when I get into the Activity veiw I see the default values - (normal, high, low).. How can I change those values to represent the new values? Tnx, Guy S. Have you published your changes ? "Guy Shokrani" <GuyShokrani@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5D1D2BD6-48F5-4845-9033-A0A96BA370A5@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I'll try to explain myself.. > I've changed the picklist values in priority in the task entity.....