Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??

I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check
boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons.
Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a
"TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the
other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal
state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other
variables.

But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make
it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and not be able to be changed from
that state as long as the option button is on that option.

Any ideas if this is even possible?

Thanks
Conf.

0
nobody (271)
1/5/2009 8:57:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Code performed on the OnClick event of the desired Option Button and / or the
desired Check Box similar to the following should work:

Private Sub (NameOfDesiredCheckBox)_Click()
    If (NameOfDesiredOptionButton) Then
        (NameOfDesiredCheckBox).Value = True
    End If
End Sub

Private Sub (NameOfDesiredOptionButton)_Click()
        Me.(NameOfDesiredCheckBox) = True
End Sub

Start Example ****
  Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
      If OptionButton1 Then
          CheckBox1.Value = True
      End If
  End Sub

  Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
          Me.CheckBox1 = True
  End Sub

End Example ****

Good Luck.

"Confused" wrote:

> I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check
> boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons.
> Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a
> "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the
> other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal
> state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other
> variables.
>
> But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make
> it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and not be able to be changed from
> that state as long as the option button is on that option.
>
> Any ideas if this is even possible?
>
> Thanks
> Conf.

0
NDPard (28)
1/5/2009 10:27:05 PM
Ah, thanks, I suspected a VBA solution would be something easy like that,
but was hoping to keep it out of the VBA realm. That warning about macros
when you open a file confuses some users. I'll give it a try though, thanks
again.

Conf.

"ND Pard" <NDPard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Code performed on the OnClick event of the desired Option Button and / or
> the
> desired Check Box similar to the following should work:
>
> Private Sub (NameOfDesiredCheckBox)_Click()
>    If (NameOfDesiredOptionButton) Then
>        (NameOfDesiredCheckBox).Value = True
>    End If
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub (NameOfDesiredOptionButton)_Click()
>        Me.(NameOfDesiredCheckBox) = True
> End Sub
>
> Start Example ****
>  Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
>      If OptionButton1 Then
>          CheckBox1.Value = True
>      End If
>  End Sub
>
>  Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
>          Me.CheckBox1 = True
>  End Sub
>
> End Example ****
>
> Good Luck.
>
> "Confused" wrote:
>
>> I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check
>> boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option
>> buttons.
>> Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a
>> "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When
>> the
>> other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's
>> normal
>> state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other
>> variables.
>>
>> But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to
>> make
>> it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and not be able to be changed
>> from
>> that state as long as the option button is on that option.
>>
>> Any ideas if this is even possible?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Conf.

0
nobody (271)
1/6/2009 1:35:39 PM
Hmmmm... can't seem to get it to work. Let me see if I'm doing this right:

I right click on the check box I want to work on, select assign macro, and
that will tell me the name of the check box, correct? That's about the only
way I can find that mentions a name for it. So, cancel that dialog, do the
same on the option button, and plug those names into the macro:

  Private Sub CheckBox60_Click()
      If OptionButton74 Then
          CheckBox60.Value = True
      End If
  End Sub

  Private Sub OptionButton74_Click()
          Me.CheckBox60 = True
  End Sub

I right-click on the tab for the sheet I want it to work in, select view
code from the pop up and paste the above into the VBA area for that sheet,
save and click on the option button and nothing happens to the check box?
Please let me know if I messed that up somewhere. I can usually find my way
around VBA after a lot of stumbling and trial and error, but I've never used
VBA for Excel before. BTW this is Excel 2000 if that makes a difference.

Thanks again

Conf.

"ND Pard" <NDPard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Code performed on the OnClick event of the desired Option Button and / or
> the
> desired Check Box similar to the following should work:
>
> Private Sub (NameOfDesiredCheckBox)_Click()
>    If (NameOfDesiredOptionButton) Then
>        (NameOfDesiredCheckBox).Value = True
>    End If
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub (NameOfDesiredOptionButton)_Click()
>        Me.(NameOfDesiredCheckBox) = True
> End Sub
>
> Start Example ****
>  Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
>      If OptionButton1 Then
>          CheckBox1.Value = True
>      End If
>  End Sub
>
>  Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
>          Me.CheckBox1 = True
>  End Sub
>
> End Example ****
>
> Good Luck.
>
> "Confused" wrote:
>
>> I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check
>> boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option
>> buttons.
>> Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a
>> "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When
>> the
>> other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's
>> normal
>> state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other
>> variables.
>>
>> But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to
>> make
>> it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and not be able to be changed
>> from
>> that state as long as the option button is on that option.
>>
>> Any ideas if this is even possible?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Conf.

0
nobody (271)
1/6/2009 2:43:17 PM
The VBA code is NOT entered into the code for the WorkSheet, rather it is
entered into the code of the UserForm you create that has the Option Buttons
and the Check Box.

If you would like further assistance, provide me with your email address and
I will contact you.  Example:

     jdoe

     hotmail.com

Note: I intentionally left the at sign out of your address and broke it into
3 lines.

I hope that will work.

"Confused" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> >> I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check
> >> boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option
> >> buttons.
> >> Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a
> >> "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When
> >> the
> >> other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's
> >> normal
> >> state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other
> >> variables.
> >>
> >> But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to
> >> make
> >> it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and not be able to be changed
> >> from
> >> that state as long as the option button is on that option.

0
NDPard (28)
1/6/2009 3:42:01 PM
Ah, OK, I knew something was wonky. I've done that sort of VBA in another
application, and that was in a dialog as well. Unfortunately, these check
boxes and option buttons are not in a dialog, but are in the Excel sheet
itself. They link directly to cells in the sheet and pass on information
from there.

So I guess it's not going to work that way, I have another method to fix it,
it just doesn't work very well, but will get by.

Thanks for the help.

> [...]
>> Please let me know if I messed that up somewhere. I can usually find my
>> way
>> around VBA after a lot of stumbling and trial and error, but I've never
>> used
>> VBA for Excel before. BTW this is Excel 2000 if that makes a difference.
>>
>> Thanks again
>>
>> Conf.
>>

>> "ND Pard" <NDPard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Code performed on the OnClick event of the desired Option Button and /
>> > or
>> > the
>> > desired Check Box similar to the following should work:
>> >
>> > Private Sub (NameOfDesiredCheckBox)_Click()
>> >    If (NameOfDesiredOptionButton) Then
>> >        (NameOfDesiredCheckBox).Value = True
>> >    End If
>> > End Sub
>> >
>> > Private Sub (NameOfDesiredOptionButton)_Click()

0
nobody (271)

sort order for payroll checks
This is a suggestion for MBS - it would be nice to have a setting where the user can select the Default Sort Order for Payroll checks so we don't have to change it every time we print checks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Button to close Outline levels
Hi, I have an outline that consists of two levels. The inner level has multiple outlines. When all inner level outlines are compressed, the area appears to be a summary. The outer outline level encompasses all the inner levels. When the outer level is condensed ALL inner levels are condensed and only one title is shown. I am looking for a way to condense all inner levels via a single click so that users can view the summary data or detail data. It is cumbersome to close them all individually. Thanks for any help you can provide. Cathy, At the head of the outlines you will se...

how do i create an association in folders option control panel to.
i am trying to view an email attachment, also print same. each time i click to see the attachment i get a message saying: (file does not have program associated with it to perform this action , create an association in folders option control panel. ) new user. how do i do this please?? Hello alibob15, you wrote on Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:59:03 -0700: > i am trying to view an email attachment, also print same. each time i click > to see the attachment i get a message saying: (file does not have program > associated with it to perform this action , create an association in folders ...

Lost 'Tasks in Mailbox' Option
In our office we share access to a mailbox. When I added the mail box i removed the access to the 'tasks in mailbox-..' for that account. Now I need them back. Does anyone know how to get them back????? Try to disconnect and reconnect the Mailbox. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Lucy N" <LucyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA354F0F-E89D-4483-B52D-2EBA06ACC204@microsoft.com... > In our office we share access to a mailbox. When I added the mail box i > removed the access to the 'tasks in mailbox-..' for that account...

No spell checking available
How can I get spell check on my machine. I have outlook express, version 6.0, Dell XP home edition. It has never been turned on since I got this computer. I am wondering how to activate it. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.win...

text box #error 03-17-08
I am having a problem with a report, i keep getting this "#error" I have a report that runs off a query that brings back a list of people who have received a nomination for recognition and part of that I have included a text box that states whether or not that person has recieved any "ecards". This is sorted by month. If in a given month, someone has received a nomination and an "ecard" it works fine. If someone has received a nomination, but no "ecard" it stills works fine. If someone has not received a nomination, the report comes up empty like ...

Text box missing
Hi All, i havea simple question here... I am hoping anyway... I have a text box on a form which displays the concatenation of First and Surname, =[FirstName] & " " & [Surname] This is all fine, however, i have a button which creates a letter from the contact on the same form, when Word opens up and puts on the details on the word document and i return to the application the text box with the name disappears, however when i put my mouse over it it reappears. There is no event procedure on Lost or got focus or mouse over etc. truly bizarre. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

How do I get text to continue from one text box to another on pag
I am working on a course catalog. I have text boxes on each page and need the text to flow from one page to another. How do I do this? Some pages are already doing it. I have taken over a previous catalog to update. Thanks:) What version Publisher? This article shows you graphically how to link text boxes, it is a 2003 Office article but the principle is the same in most all versions of Publisher. About connecting text boxes http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030717461033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsof...

Custom POS Buttons #2
Hello: I need Tutorial for Custom POS Buttons: Style: External Program External Program(Wait) Internal Command COM Object(no parameter) COM Object(Digital Receipt... COM Object(Session Object) Thanks, Wilfredo This probably won't help much, but here goes... External Program & External Program (wait): no idea. According to the help file, you can either launch an external program while RMS continues normally or launch an external program and force RMS to wait until the external program has finished. Nothing personal, but if you need help figuring out Cus...

Use query results to copy files?
Hi, I have a query that returns results like: Name: ID: Picture ID File Name: Bob 1234 bobs_id_pic.jpg Tina 5678 tinas_id_pic.jpg .... Is there a way to use these results to (automatically) copy all the id_pics to another folder (assuming all ID pics are in the same folder)? Thanks! Yes, but it's not a trivial task. You would have to open a recordset on the query results and then use the file system object to do the copying. If there aren't too many, it will be quicker to do it manually. -Dorian "Gary" wrote: > Hi, I have a qu...

List box
This is probably very simple. I have a list box (using control toolbox) in a work sheet and I want to specify that every time the workbook is opened that the first item on the list box is always selected Thanks Brian Activesheet.Listbox1.ListIndex = 0 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32B7340F-05C9-47B5-B275-3FCFEBB2FDE6@microsoft.com... > This is probably very simple. > > I have a list box (using control toolbox) in a work sheet and I want to > specify ...

FTP options
I am trying to create a Shortcut for ftp. This is what the help is telling me to do. When I go to File, my look in box has no arrow or options to add/modify Why? This is what in help "Before you can add an FTP (FTP: A communication protocol that makes it possible for a user to transfer files between remote locations on a network. This protocol also allows users to use FTP commands, such as listing files and folders, to work with files on a remote location.) site to the list in FTP Locations, you must have access to the Internet or to an intranet. On the File menu, click Open. ...

Showing Optionality in a Relationship Diagram
I am trying to create an ERD for an existing Access database. I've imported the tables, and I am now trying to create the relationships I want. I can see how you set cardinality (1-1, 1-many, etc.), but I can't see how you can set optionality and show it on the diagram (e.g., "Each COMPANY may have one or more ORDERS" vs. Each ORDER must have one and only one TRACKING RECORD"). In the Database Design course I'm taking, my instructor says that it should be shown using either a dotted line on the "may" end or a solid line on the "must" end...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itreal
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itrealexams.com/ and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...

Line and text box move by themselves
(Excel 2000) I regularly add horizontal lines and text boxes to charts, using the Draw tool. When I return to the charts some time later I find that both the line and the box have "slipped" lower down the chart. They can even end up below the x-axis. This happens all the time on some charts. but on others the line and text box appear properly fixed. So far as I am aware I am not doing anything different with them. Is there a cure for this or is it a program defect? Any assistance gratefully received. If you use data series for lines and labels, they will remain anchored...

Shown all record in a list box from combobox.
Hi all, I have a listbox that can be filtered from a combo box. Now I want the combobox has an option ( called ALL ), so when the combobox value is ALL,all the data in listbox is shown. Below is the SQL of my lisbox records source : SELECT [Model specification_tbl].Model FROM [Model specification_tbl] WHERE ((([Model specification_tbl].Model) Like [Forms]![Start input data_frm]![cbo_fourdigitsmodel] & "*")) ORDER BY [Model specification_tbl].Model; Thank's for your help. hi shiro, shiro wrote: > Hi all, > I have a listbox that can be filtered from a combo box....

Check Constraint and function call
I get this error: Msg 547, Level 16, State 0, Line 1 The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the CHECK constraint "CheckotherExists". The conflict occurred in database "AddressBook", table "dbo.MemberAttendance". when trying to create this check constraint: alter table MemberAttendance add constraint CheckotherExists check (dbo.CheckotherPartnerExists (MemberNum, otherPoints)>0) Can anybody see why? ALTER FUNCTION [dbo].[CheckSpousePartnerExists](@MemberNum int, @SpousePoints int) RETURNS bit -- 1 pass check, 0 fail AS BEGIN dec...

Can Chart Format Axis Options Fixed be read from a cell in Excel?
Some very nice dynamic charting could be enhanced if the Chart Format Axis Options Fixed value could be read from a cell Hi, It would be a useful feature indeed. In the meantime you can use VBA to provide this feature. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Idaho_Teddy wrote: > Some very nice dynamic charting could be enhanced if the Chart Format Axis > Options Fixed value could be read from a cell -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Rounded rectangle button
Thank you How can I do that In access any version Rounded rectangle button This is a feature from Windows XP operating system's Windows XP Theme. Turn on that theme, and you'll have the rounded command buttons in ACCESS. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "a" <a@a.net> wrote in message news:uIqE5XHYIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Thank you > > How can I do that In access any version > > Rounded rectangle button > > > > Thank you for your reply and answer Yet it is windows xp thank you "Ken Snell (MVP)" <...

Migration options from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007 !?
Current Scenario: 1x Windows 2000 DC (domain name: xxxxx.com) 2x Windows 2000 w/Exchange 2000 Standard New Servers: 1x Windows 2003 R2 Standard x64 DC (domain name: xxxxx.local) 1x Windows 2003 R2 Standard x64 w/Exchange 2007 I want to move mailbox's from exchange 2000 to exchange 2007, I know there's the possibility to move with both exchange servers connected in the same domain, but the problem is that I am also upgrading the DC in different hardware and diferent domain name's, Is there any possibility to move for example the database from exchange2000 to the computer with exch...

Match result is sometimes #N/A
Hi, I'm using the following formula. The problem is that sometimes my value isn't found and I'm not getting a blank but rather #N/A. =IF(MATCH("POS*",B$83:B$782,0),"Please be advised the POS LOBs have been converted to PPO LOBs", "") 1. Is there a fix to my formula? or 2. In the cell that results #N/A - I could set a conditional format to make a white background and white font. However, when I try that - it's not working either. Cell format = #N/A doesn't do what I want. Try this, Sharon: =IF(ISNA(MATCH("POS*",B$83:B...

Combo Box 11-17-07
Hello All I Have A Problem That I Cannot Change The Scroll Bar Align For A Combo Box Programatically Through Useing The Scroll Align Property And I Need To CHange The Scroll Align At Run Time Can Any One Help Me Sorry For Send This Message An Other Time But To Mention That I Am Using Access XP Thanks To All I think this can only be done with the form opened in DesignView. Just out of curiosity, why would you need to do this at runtime? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster...

Combo Box Help
Hi All, I have a combo box on my form. It is unbound to form. I am obtaining cboBox data from another table in database. However I need to the cboBox to only list records that match the customerID from the form it on and the customerID in the cboBox data. How can I do that? -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200702/1 On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:43:59 GMT, "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" <u16013@uwe> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have a combo box on my form. It is ...

Buttons Issue with Access 2007 on Vista
Hi there! I have a client who has a simple access DB. If he runs it onXP/Access 2007 no issue, but if he runs it on vista/access2007, he can't click any of the buttons on any of theforms! Could someone shed some light please?...

How to Make Buttons and Hyperlinks Clickable in the E-Mails
The buttons in the forms and the hyperlinks aren't clickable. That is they don't respond to mouse clicks. As I know this is a security measure by default. How can I turn off this feature? Seyfullah Ural ...