Force PageField filter to FALSE

I have a PivotTable with a PageField called �End Flag� which can b
either TRUE or FALSE. I use the drop-down to filter on FALSE. Thi
PivotTable is based on a data entry table where there will usually b
entries with �End Flag� = FALSE. However, it is possible that all �En
Flag� values could be TRUE. In this case the PageField filter revert
to TRUE, and must be manually reset to FALSE. This is a problem for m
because I intend to hide the PivotTable and turn the spreadsheet ove
to a user. If all the �End Flag� entries become TRUE, then th
PageField filter will revert to TRUE, then when new �End Flag� entrie
occur which are FALSE, they will not show up in the chart which i
based on this PivotTable.
Is there a way to force the PageField filter to only show FALSE, eve
when no �End Flag� entries are FALSE?
Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Steveski,

Try recording a macro while setting your value to FALSE, then fire that
macro using the worksheet's activate or calculate event.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"steveski >" <<steveski.12267l@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a PivotTable with a PageField called "End Flag" which can be
> either TRUE or FALSE. I use the drop-down to filter on FALSE. This
> PivotTable is based on a data entry table where there will usually be
> entries with "End Flag" = FALSE. However, it is possible that all "End
> Flag" values could be TRUE. In this case the PageField filter reverts
> to TRUE, and must be manually reset to FALSE. This is a problem for me
> because I intend to hide the PivotTable and turn the spreadsheet over
> to a user. If all the "End Flag" entries become TRUE, then the
> PageField filter will revert to TRUE, then when new "End Flag" entries
> occur which are FALSE, they will not show up in the chart which is
> based on this PivotTable.
> Is there a way to force the PageField filter to only show FALSE, even
> when no "End Flag" entries are FALSE?
> Thanks.
>

> ---

Bernie
2/23/2004 3:43:23 PM
I wound up using the following code:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1"). _
PivotFields("flag1").CurrentPage = "FALSE"
End Sub

This worked nicely. Is there a way I can display a message to the user
if they click on the chart when no �End Flag� entries are FALSE? (I
assume this would be keyed to the "On Error" statement?)

---

Steveski,

You could use some statement like this in the Pivot Chart's activate event:

Private Sub Chart_Activate()
If
Worksheets("Sheetname").PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("flag1").Pivo
tItems.Count = 0 Then
Msgbox "No items to show"
End If
End Sub

But you'll need to determine which pivotfield and actual property to use to
determine when state that you are interested in is actually occurring.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"steveski >" <<steveski.123fvb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I wound up using the following code:
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> On Error Resume Next
> ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1"). _
> PivotFields("flag1").CurrentPage = "FALSE"
> End Sub
>
> This worked nicely. Is there a way I can display a message to the user
> if they click on the chart when no "End Flag" entries are FALSE? (I
> assume this would be keyed to the "On Error" statement?)
>

> ---

Bernie

Force use of Subject line
Is there a way to force the use of the Subject line on emails using Exchage 2003 and Outlook 2003. Management wants to force the use of "Subject Line" on email generated in the office. Thanks Steve Wow...I thought I had heard all possible feature requests before, but that is new one on me. I don't know of anyway to do this natively in exchange..... "Skamionek" <Skamionek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0495E64-DBDE-4279-98B4-47702EB066AB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to force the use of the Subject line on emails using >...

filter eventlog faster
I'm trying to check for specific events on 6 servers. I've written the following script but it's taking a long time to run. It seems like it has to check the date on every event. I'm hoping there is a filter that I can apply to only show events from the previous 2 days. I'm running from XP and the servers are 2k3 so I can't use Get-WinEvent $d2 = (Get-Date).adddays(-2) $s = "s1","s2","s3","s4","s5","s6" foreach ($server in $s) {$server; get-Eventlog -logname system -source PlugPlayManager,Dis...

False 5.5.2 error.
As the admin, I have unlimited email space. (Exchange 2000 spk 4 on 2000 server)When I attempted to send myself a 8 meg message from my outside account (yahoo) It bounced with this message. [65.35.33.95 failed after I sent the message. Remote host said: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation] Why would the server say this if it isnt so. I used symantec premium for spam put that doesn't set incomming limits. Please help so I han retreve our large mail. Thank You. unlimited email storage space does not mean the same thing as unlimited message size...this messa...

1511D Bionaire Air Cleaner Replacement Filter
Price:$23.99 Image: http:///image.php?id=B0009H5ZFO Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B0009H5ZFO For optimum performance replace filter every 3 to 6 months or as indicated by the filter condition monitor. ...

Form filter with multi-column combo box in report
I have a form containing some text fields (orders) as well as a combo box (customer id and name). The record source of the form is a query joining the two tables order and customer. The control source of the combo box is the customer id from the above mentioned query. The row source of the combo box is the customer table, containing the two columns id and name. The first column of the combo box, the id, is bound. The report contains the same fields as the form. The two columns of the customer form combo box are represented in the report as two text boxes. The record sou...

can i force screen refresh via code w/ InitializeTransaction hook?
Reposting this question - I wrote a code that is triggered by the InitializeTransaction hook, which prompts the cashier with a userform they use to select a specific transaction type at the beginning of the transaction, among other things. Is there a way that I can force the transaction screen to refresh at the start of this code, so that when a transaction closes and a new one starts (triggering this code), the user will not see the contents of the prior transaction on the screen in the background? For example I complete, or cancel, a transaction that contains a bunch of items on the trans...

Subform Filter
I have a main form called "frmEmployeeDetails" and I have an issue form called "frmIssues". The Employee details form & the issue form are linked based off the employee name, which is a drop down box in the Employee Details table. (I know I should use employee number, but in this case I have to use the employee name as the primary key). This is the only field that actually gets entered in the Employee details table, all the other fields are dlookups based on the employee name. I currently have the issue form open as a pop-up window based off a command b...

Filter Junk E-mail OWA option
Given an id, this code sets the 'Filter Junk E-mail' option (via OWA) on. I'd like to inspect the mailbox to see if it is already set. How do I do that? HankC strUrl = "https://webdav.university.edu/exchange/" & id & "/" Dim XmlHttp Set XmlHttp = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") XmlHttp.Open "POST", strURL,false,strUserName,strPassword XmlHttp.SetRequestHeader "Accept-Language","en-us" XmlHttp.SetRequestHeader "User-Agent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1....

Copy to filtered blank rows from another spreadsheet
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that it's filtered to show blanks items in column J, I want to copy into this column J data from another spreadsheet's Column J. is there an easy way to do? Basically, need to copy from spreadsheet 2 column J into the filtered blank rows in Spreadsheet 1 column J . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ...

Junk mail doesnt filter when rules are enabled
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

Force Queue Connections
We have a couple internal mail servers in addition to Our exchange servers. There has been various times where these old server crashed or had to be restarted. The emails sent by Exchange users were queued up. But when the other server came back up, the emails stayed in the Exchange queue. How do I control the retry-intervals for each queue? I know I can press "force-connection" but it didn't seem to do anything. the messages just stayed in the queue. Eventually I just picked "delete with NDR" because they were in there forever. But then the end-user gets a weird...

Retroactive filter between two sheets?
I have two sheets - one with rows A-I and ID numbers 1-9 (like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/greenerton/excel1.jpg ), another with the same ID numbers 1-9, but instead of the lettered row, one with various colors (like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/greenerton/excel2.jpg ). I have a filter on the second sheet so I can sort by color to see all the IDs that have that color (IE red has 1,3,4,8), and vice versa with the numbers. How would I set it up so that I could sort the second sheet by the various colors and have Excel simultaneously sort the first sheet in the sa...

Filters for History and Activities
By default, when a user opens history or activities they display either "Last 30 Days" (history) or "Next 30 Days" (Activities). My users would like this to default to "ALL" for both. Is this possible? How do I change it globally? ...

Value filter missing in pivot table
I have a spreadsheet that totals sales and commisions based upon a date range. Basically I've got two worksheets. One with the raw data, and another with the pivot table based upon the raw data. I've been unable to validate my totals as compared to other established reports. After digging into the report, I see that I'm missing 1 specific sales associate's data in my pivot table. I can clearly see a lot of data for this associate in the raw data sheet. While in the pivot table, I can go to the row label, and value filter, but this one sales associate is not ...

Removing filtered Blanks Cells
Hi! How can i remove filtered blanks cells Thanks Hardeep kanwar Do you mean you want to delete blank rows in a filtered list? --JP On May 10, 10:26 am, renu98 <hardeep.kan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi! > > How can i remove filtered blanks cells > > Thanks > > Hardeep kanwar On May 10, 11:21 pm, JP <jp2...@earthlink.net> wrote: > Do you mean you want to delete blank rows in a filtered list? > > --JP > > On May 10, 10:26 am, renu98 <hardeep.kan...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi! > > > How can i remove filtered blanks cell...

Force a customer selection for a specific product
We have RMS 1.3 installed in our establishments. Is it possible to have a particular product that cannot be sold without first selecting a customer. I know there an options to always select a customer, but we only want the customer selection to be forced when a particular product is sold. Is it possible? Thanks in advance. -- Leo Hi Leo - not out of the box; I am not aware of a way to link the sale of an item to assigning a customer to a transaction; you could create a "customer required" message and link that to the item, to remind the cashier to create/assign a customer ...

Force Exchange to delete Mailbox?
Hi, I'm running exchange 2003, I have a user that I deleted in AD but the mailbox is still there. When I go into System Manager and choose the mailbox I see the users but the "last logged on by" show the SID. Right click --> exchange tasks is not there neither is any other option. Has anyone experienced this? Any help is appreciated, Peretz Stern Right click over the Mailbox container and run the Mailbox Cleanup Agent, when the red X appears next to the mailbox, right click over it and select Purge from the menu. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer....

Auto Filter
When I turn Auto Filter on and then filter, the spread sheet becomes very slow. Can anyone tell me why this may be happening. Thanks Hi Tim, And you have no clue at all? With Auto Filter off does the spreadsheet speed up. Do you have SUBTOTAL formulas -- they work with filters. Do you have a lot of user defined functions. Check your last cell Ctrl+End to see where that is, it should be at the intersection of your last used row and last used column. If it is something like AE65536 then I would suspect that to be problem. See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell...

Force comment based on cell's value
I have a grid of numbers that is used for tracking, and it is being looked at in many ways. One last function I have been trying to add is a way to force a comment onto a cell who's value is less then a set value. For our sake lets just say less then 1. Is there a way to have the cell value tested and start a macro if less then one? Thanks something like this... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Range("A1") Then If Target.Value < 1 Then MsgBox ("Less then one") 'your code goes here End If End If End Sub this code goes in ...

How do I force a secondary horizontal axis to act as a date axis?
I have a chart with multiple data series, all using the same column of dates for the horizontal axis. I want to set some of the series to a secondary vertical and horizontal axis, so I can time-shift the data in these series on the graph. However, when I put these series on a secondary axis, the secondary horizontal axis does not provide the same options as the primary axis (which is derived from the exact same data). For the primary axis, under "Format Axis -> Axis Options" I am able to select a minimum, maximum, major unit, minor unit, a dropdown of days/months/years, ...

Visible row index after applying a filter in Excel
Does anyone know an excel function that will give the index of the visible row after filtering or sorting a table? Say, I have a table like this: type time place c 12:20 1 f 12:40 2 c 13:30 3 f 14:20 4 Table is sorted with respect to time, and place refers to the index of each row in this order. Now, if I filter by type 'f', the table would still be sorted, but would have only two visible rows. In such a case, I'd like the place row to be like [#NA, 1, #NA, 2], reflecting that rows 1 and 3 are invisible, first place is ro...

email delivery, UDP, force polling, and other fun
Hey all, Just in case anyone cares, I finally figured out the problem on my netowrk involving slow email delivery. It appears to me that Outlook/Exchange connection can be configured one of two ways. "Classic" Exchange uses UDP to notify clients of newly arrived email. However, if a client is behind a firewall or a NAT router specific ports have to be open for UDP to work. In cases where clients are behind a firewall, the clients have to check with the server to be aware of new mail. This happens when a user clicks on a folder or email in Outlook, so often the behavior will be "...

Access 2007: Creation date of objects and filter question
1) When using Access 2007 I am able to see the names of all of the tables, forms, reports, etc over to the left. But how do I see the creation or modification date of these objects that I could see in Access 2003? 2) When I right-click on a field in a form, I have all sorts of filtering choices, but how so I filter for everything after an alpha character, e.g. I want all of the names after "Jones". In Access 2003 I'd filter for > "Jones" My only choices involve, begins, ends, contains, equals - there is no longer a >, <=, etc, and it waon't accept t...

DropDown Box(es) linked? filtered?
Can you tell me how to set up a drop down combo box (e.g., dropdowncombobox2) based on a filtered set of data where the filtered field is a previous drop down box1. For example I have 204 titles in 14 Categories. Dropdown 1 populates category field with 1 of 14 categories. I need a dropdown for titles field that is filtered by the category selected in Dropdown1 for Category field. Let me know if you need further explanation. "Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F812BBD-8147-4E21-A643-E3DF0968353B@microsoft.com... > ...

Removing Exchange 2003 by force
Hi All, I have an old exchange server in the domain. This domain has been fine for about 5 years. The initial domain was done on a Windows 2000 SBS server (not sure which version of exchange this is). Anyway, we have Windows 2008 R2 servers and Windows 2003 R2 servers in the mix now and this server has been removed for quite sometime. However, the exchange data is still in AD. The reason I am asking to remove this is because we wish to install Exchange 2010 in to the domain and it's wanting to install a routing group to this non existing domain server. I don't want...