force excel to run in only one process excel.exe

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to
make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail
so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls
again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively
debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can
run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot
because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i
can force excel to only load one excel.exe?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Daniel,

Are you using Automation to create an instance of Excel?

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to
make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail
so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls
again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively
debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can
run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot
because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i
can force excel to only load one excel.exe?

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
7/8/2005 4:43:10 PM
i dont know im using alt-f11

"Jim Cone" <jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX> wrote in message
> Daniel,
>
> Are you using Automation to create an instance of Excel?
>
> Jim Cone
> San Francisco, USA
>
> "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to
> make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to
fail
> so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the
xls
> again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively
> debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i
can
> run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot
> because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i
> can force excel to only load one excel.exe?

Daniel,
Well, maybe that means you are not using automation.
To get any help, you will have to post your code.

i dont know im using alt-f11

"Jim Cone" <jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX> wrote in message
> Daniel,
> Are you using Automation to create an instance of Excel?
> Jim Cone
> San Francisco, USA

> "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to
> make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy
> to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the
> xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively
> debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i
> can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot
> because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way
> i can force excel to only load one excel.exe?

0
jim.coneXXX (771)

i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify?
i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Is this just when over the cells ? Does it work on the title bar - windows options Or on the Excel menus ? Steve On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:21:01 +0100, j <j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot= e: > i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Unless the right-click button is frozen, I'm sure you can use the mouse right-click in Excel Just hit the right-click button. Now...........................the real issue What are you right-clicking on and what doesn't happen for you? Does the right-click no...

using one combo box to determine content of a second combo box
Hello, I have been trying for several days to figure out how to use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box. I am creating a database listing equipment by manufacturer and model # I would like to create one combo box that gives a drop down list of manufacturers Then, based on the manufacturer chosen, I would like to have a second combo box which gives a drop down list of model #'s offered by the chosen manufacturer It seems like a fairly simple concept, but I have poured through the "using access 2003" guide with no luck Access version I'm using: 20...

Calc date one year from today
Im trying to calculate a date range that will monitor warranty (364 days) from date of purchase order ?? Thanks for the help Ken Hi Ken! Use: =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)-1) It will even cover the difference between Leap Years and non-Leap years which your 364 has a problem with. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d0601c3f626$44145840$a301280a@phx.gbl......

import hyperterminal value into excel
How do I import a hyperterminal value into an excel cell? ...

Excel Function to Access
I would like this excel function =IF(A4=A5,C5-C4,C5) to be utilized a a function in a query in MS Access where the fields that supposed t be in column A are the primary key fields and the next fields whic are in column C, are to be calculated in.The answers to this functio are to go into a new field.....Any help please? : Primary key, by definition, means no duplicates. How would A4 ever equal A5? -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "CJT" <chico_2186@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:Wa-dnQuiOcaYskDfRVn_vQ@giganews.com... &g...

Is it possible to have 2 excel version in one computer?
hi everyone i just installed a 2003 version office... i liked the new features but when i wanted to open an excel file that has been created by 2002 version excel, i was shocked that i can't open the file successfully. When i opened and enabled the built in macros in the file, an error message popped out and said that the data may have been lost. After I have closed the error message, i checked the file. the data is still in the worksheet but all the words, format, buttons, and other information have all disappeared. However, if I open it in another version other than 2003, the file work...

Free MS Excel/Access Video Tutorials and Articles
Hey All, There are a whole bunch of free articles and video tutorials at http://www.davidbase.com. There's no cost to sign up and there are lots of articles and videos to check out. Some of the topics are Access VBA, Excel, Database Design, Reporting, Union Queries and more. Some recent articles: Access Parameter Queries Union Queries Excel VBA Random Numbers Relationships and Joins � and plenty more. Sign up (it's free) right on the home page and see if it suits you. Thanks, AppTrix Staff http://www.davidbase.com ...

Excel Formulae #3
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Excel -- Wrapped text disappears
A user here is having the same problem as described in a previous topic (http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/b32b50c3e69981d/dc8adb6c01616d70%23dc8adb6c01616d70). Windows XP Pro, SP2 Office 2003 Pro, SP2 New machine with plenty of resources. Was originally working properly, then mysteriously developed a strange symptom: Any text that is in an Excel cell in which the "wrap text" option has been selected no longer shows up. I have checked it with 1 character, 1 word, and multiple lines of text. It has been repeated with spreadsheets created on...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault #3
Whenever I start EXCEL 2000 I get the following msg. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 018f:3001de79. Registers: EAX=900a0154 CS=018f EIP=3001de79 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00100000 SS=0197 ESP=0062eb5c EBP=0062ebf0 ECX=0000c630 DS=0197 ESI=50020044 FS=0ebf EDX=30021a90 ES=0197 EDI=300378d4 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 0f bf 04 c5 aa df 01 30 89 45 dc 8d 45 e4 50 e8 Stack dump: 50020044 006b76e4 006b7608 006b7608 0062ebf0 006b7608 006b76e4 006b7608 0062eb54 3001dcc3 00000000 bff728a2 bff54f53 1294bb9c ad4c17af 12990002 I had reinstalled and repaired several times but it does n...

Bug in excel 2003
Hi, I'm trying to get an equation of a table of data. When I enter the data, make a graph of it, I get a nice sinus-kind-of-line. Therefor I would like to have fourth order equation. The line of data looks very good (125 data points). Then I add a trendline (4th order) that looks like a very nice fit. But when I set the properties of the trendline to "show equation in graph" the a wrong equation is displayed. After a lot of fiddling with data, I noticed that the shown equation has wrong contstands showing. E.g.: The shown eqaution = A + B*X + C*X^2 + D*X^3 + E*X^4 In fact ...

where can I find a nurse staffing templatew for excel 2000
I need an excel template for excel 2000 that would allow me to staff nurses Try the Office Template Gallery. http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:00 -0700, klif_e <klife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need an excel template for excel 2000 that would allow me to staff nurses ...

Excel 2007 Back-up copies
How do I stop Excel from creating a "back-up" copy everytime I "save" a document? It only does this when I "Save" not when I "save as". My folders are quickly filling up with back-ups. This just started happening after I upgraded to Windows 7. -- Hawaiianshirt Does that happen for all workbooks or a specific one. Open the workbook>from Save AS dialog>Tools>General Options> check whether 'Always create backup' is enabled or not? If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Hawaiianshirt...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

excel passwords #2
I need to know how to set up a password and change a password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA Use workbook/sheet protection. Select tools menu>protection. There you can select the type of protection you want and include a password Regards, F.I. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to set up a password and change a >password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA >. > ...

Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell it gets deselected
While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 seconds, that particular cell gets deselected followed by the workbook. So each time I need to click either the cell or workbook to enter data in that particular sheet. There could be event code that is being fired. Does this happen if you open the workbook with macros disabled? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "towinwin" <towinwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7B87AFB-27AC-4235-9AE3-5E7A46310AF8@microsoft.com... > While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 se...

Reading Registry Key through excel?
Is there anyway to read a certain registry key and display it in a cell how about a way to create a key through excel? is that possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rav, There is a special registry area for VBA which is read/written via GetSettinmg and SaveSetting functions. It is a bit restrictive, in that in can only writes to a limited part of the registry, but it's sufficient for storing application details. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ravz &g...

Multi-view selections in one chart.
Here is my goal... I would like to be able to select a pull down with sorta lookup of e.g A, B, C, etc. program which reside on differen tabs and be able to select program A and the chart shows stats for A Next go to pull down and select B to see B's stats and so on. All whic will show up on one chart. I would also like to be able to have selection to show all A, B and C in one image on the chart as summary. I am not strong at VB but understand code. I have created summary and each individual chart as needed but would like it to rollu into one chart. Any ideas?? :eek ------------...

Exchange 2003
Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2 This is a very strange problem. I have one user who turns on his out of office assistant and the out of office messages are not sent internally or externally. All other users use out of office and the messages are sent properly both internally and externally. I have the option configured to allow this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352). I can't for the life of me figure out why this one user is having this problem. Everything appears to be configured for that user exactly the same as all the other users who ar...

Chart visable for one user and no one else
This is quite odd. One user is able to view a chart, however, when anyone else opens the document, the chart doesn't exist. The chart is in a separate sheet labeled, CHART. We are using Excel XP with DocsOpen. Anyone know anything about this kind of behavior? Thanks in advance, Kathy K. ...

Highlighting just one record in an unbound form
Long time user of Access, First time programming it. I have an unbound form that takes employee ID's and work order job information. When they arrive on the job they call in and I run an app to enter the timestamp of when they arrived. I may have a list of employees with jobs. My question is how do I or can I highlight (Bold) the records that I have already timestamped? I have be trying to use FontWidth but I keep getting all or nothing Bolded. I tried to look at the Arrived field and if it has no value yet to regular text. If it has a value then Bold. Any suggestions?? Th...

I can not see all contents in one cell. Help me pls!
Please help me! By default when I write some text in cell and the text is longer then cell's width, I can not see his contents in next cells. But in one excel file when I sellect all cells in worksheet and then draging them it can no longer seen all contents in one cell. What I should to do? Thank you in advance! If you have wraptext turned on (format|cells|alignment tab), then the cell will expand its rowheight to show you all the data. (unless you use merged cells or have adjusted the rowheight manually). If you have wraptext turned off, then the text will overflow to the cell to ...

excel find problems
I have a database in excel with 4 sheets. When I want to conduct a search, it only searches the active sheet. Therefore I have to select each sepearte sheet and carry out 4 individual searches. Is there any way to search all sheets at once? If there is not, I am aware I can create a user form and use the approproate syntax to conduct my required search. However this will take me a long time. If there is an easier apprach then please let me know. Regards camron What version of excel? How are you searching? In later versions of Excel, you can select multiple sheets and have Edit|Fin...

how to copy a row of cells automatically from one worksheet to another by changing the value of1cell
Hello. I have 8 cells on the same row in one worksheet that I would like to be automatically copied to a predefined area in one of 3 other worksheets in my file depending on the number (1, 2 or 3) entered in one cell adjacent to these 8 cells. Is this possible and, if so, how could it be done? Thanks very much for any help you can offer me with this. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** David, You could use the worksheet change event: this will copy the eight cells from the s...

Telnet <mailboxserver> 25 works from servers on same subnet, fails to one server
Interesting. I setup MOM server and I need to configure to send e-mail thru my mailbox Exchange server. However, when I go to new Win2003 MOM server, I do telnet <mymailboExchServer> 25 and connection is Connecting To <mailbox>...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25: Connec t failed Then I go to another server, *same subnet* and I do telnet < > 25 and it goes thru just fine. Do you have an idea what could be causing such SMTP 'blocking' from the MOM server ? If servers on the subnet can connect just fine, I can't imagine how this can be a fire...