Font Size in Labels on Forms

How can I change the font size on a label in a form. There is no
obvious option (in 97').

I have tried font.size = 12 etc to no avail...

Cheers....

--
The Zero ST
0

This worked in xl2003:

Me.Label1.Font.Size = 12

--

Dave Peterson
0
<petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

>This worked in xl2003:
>
>Me.Label1.Font.Size = 12
>

>Craig Coope wrote:
>>
>> How can I change the font size on a label in a form. There is no
>> obvious option (in 97').
>>
>> I have tried font.size = 12 etc to no avail...
>>
>> Cheers....
>>
>> --
>> The Zero ST

Cheers for that...

OK I am a novice when it comes to VB but the font is only large after
I click on it...I assume it is to do with the coding for the label to
change when a user clicks on it but how do I get to to stay as I want
from the very start?

--
The Zero ST
0

Remove any code that you used to specify the font size.

======
My bet is that you didn't have it in the correct procedure.  I'm gonna guess
that you put it into some _click event.  And I think userform_Initialize would
be better.

But once you change the properties, you can delete any code (well, unless you
really want to change it from the size you made it).

--

Dave Peterson
0

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

add a data label
How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word? I presume the Word chart has been created with MS Chart? If so Double-click to activate the edit mode for the chart, then choose Chart, Chart Options, Data Labels.. If the chart is an Excel Object then you use the same steps. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dragonfly" wrote: > How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word? ...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Which Controls to Build a Parent/Child Web Form
Hi there, I'm quite new to asp.net, but know exactly how to do this using classic ASP, but would like some pointers for aspnet2. I've got data being returned from an SP which looks like this: HeaderItem ChildItem A A1 A A2 A A3 B B1 etc I want to display the data like this A - This is the header record A1 A2 A3 B - Header 2 B1 etc. In classic ASP I'd write out my header row html when HeaderItem changes value and then write the Child Rows. As I've on...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

data labels disappear from graph when i close the worksheet
I have added datalabels to a bar graph. But they go away when i close the worksheet despite having saved the changes. Could any one elt me know why this is happening? Thanks ...

addressing envelope from data input form
I don't know where to start to try this. I have the following fields that make up the entire address: Fname Lname Fname2 Lname 2 Address City, State Zip Is there any way to "push a button" on a form and have it print an envelope for that record? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Have you thought of using an MS template as a starting point? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172481033.aspx Dave Eliot wrote: >I don't know where to start to try this. > >I have the following fields ...

Viewing xml created in .Net in a ASP form VB6
I have been trying to create an xml document in VB.Net for displaying on an existing page written in ASP. im having a type mismatch error in my code. When i view my XML i have the following included in the <binary> node. <Binary xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="bin.base64">DATA HERE </Binary My issue is how do i set the datatype of the the node using dotnet so that i can replicate the same node structure and use my existing ASP page. thanks in advance Colin Graham ...

Creating a form or template
We scanned in an image of a post it note that has graphics on it. It is a jpg file. Can we somehow make this jpg file a form or template in Outlook? Ideally, we want to pull up a form that looks like the image of a post it note with the graphics in tact and be able to compose a message on the email post it note. How do you accomplish this? Thanks! ...

Adding BMPs to a form
I use Access 2003. I have a table set up with a field for pictures, this table sits behind a form to add BMPs, which display on the form and print on reports. In the past, when I have had to reinstall Access for any reason, the pictures instead of displaying fully in the form, only show as thumbnails with the file name. I have in the past resoved this by removing Microsoft Picture manager from MS Office. I don't know how I figured that out or why it works but it does. However, I had to reinstall Office yesterday, removed MS Pictrue Manager as usual and it's NOT working ...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

Changing size and placement of maximized dialog
Hi, I want to have maximized window not on all screen. how to change maximized size and placement of dialog ? I red doc for SetWindowPlacement(&wPlac) and I have tried in OnInitDialog(): wPLac.length = sizeof(WINDOWPLACEMENT); GetWindowPlacement(&wPlac); wPlac.ptMaxPosition.x = 200; wPlac.ptMaxPosition.y = 200; SetWindowPlacement(&wPlac) But after dialog is maximized it is on all screen. What is wrong ? Peter "Peter": > I want to have maximized window not on all screen. > how to change maximized size and placement of dialog ? > I red doc for SetWindowPlaceme...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17)
How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17) Hello- Excel doesn't provide for custom paper sizes, but most any size appropriate for Excel output is already provided _if_ the installed print driver supports it. Go to File>Page SetUp--Page and open the list of sizes. If your installed driver supports 11x17 it will be in the list (although it may be listed as 'Ledger' rather than by dimensions). HTH |:>) "Marcin Rembisz" wrote: > How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17) ...

ActiveX vs Forms
Hello- I am trying to embed some option buttons on a worksheet. I want to have two sets of buttons which are mutually exclusive, say A-D and then 1-3. I want to start with 1-3 hidden and if the user chooses option D from the first set then 1-3 will be revealed. I did this fine with the activex option buttons and VBA, however, it is not recognizing A-D and 1-3 as separate groups. Therefore, as soon as the user select 1,2 or 3, it will uncheck D and therefore rehide the remaining numbered boxes. I grouped and named each set of buttons together, but that did not work. If I try to use a group...

Refresh Results In A Second Subform In A Form
Hi, This could be a tricky one. What I've done is created a Form named ACCOUNTS SELECT which has a control being a Comb Box named 'PICK RESNAME' and an embedded subform which returns all the records according to the particular data from the 'PICK RESNAME' Combo Box. Thats all fine and well ! But what I need is to pick specific records and to store them in a let's say temporary Table which I will print out via a Report. For this temporary table, I have created in the Form ACCOUNTS SELECT another Subform which I hoped will view all the selections I have made...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

windows should reopen in their previously opened size and position
We use large monitors and some dual-monitor setups. Most of the dialogue windows open up designed for a small resolution setting. For example, the "cards/Accounts" window opens up and only shows 10 accounts in the collapsed view. Almost every time I use that window I have to resize and reposition it, and then as soon as it closes and reopens, it is back to the puny size again. There should be an option to "remember" window sizes and positions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. T...

Continuous Form, Window Top Record Ordinal
On continuous view forms, there should be a form property that has the recordset ordinal of the top-most record currently displayed in the form’s window. For example, if a recordset contains 100 records and the CurrentRecord is 5 and the user scrolls down until the CurrentRecord disappears off the top of the screen, what is the recordset ordinal for the record that is now at the top of the window? Left clicking on the scrollbar slider will display “Record: x of y”, but there should be a property that contains the value of x for code purposes. Perhaps call it “WindowTopRecord...

Extra pages in form printing
I have a form that exceeds a single printed page. When it is printed extra pages are produced. The extra pages occur after the first printed page but before the rest of the page of the form is printed and another extra page after the rest of the page is printed. The extra pages contain the same background used in the form. In design view I've made sure to shorten up the background to be even with the footer but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the extra pages in my printout? Thanks. -- Linda I still do not understand why people print forms. For...

Printing Form 1096
This function should be included in the software! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20ff4f89-dda7-4896-96f2-6d18c0df63b1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains T...

Slow Sales Order form
Hi all! Several weeks ago, we successfully transferred our database from SQL Server 2000 to 2005. Below are our steps in transferring the database from 2000 to 2005: a) Backuped our SQL Server 2000 database b) Created an empty database in SQL Server 2005 c) Restored our SQL Server 2000 database to the empty SQL Server 2005 database At first, after the transfer, all functions of the application went very slow. Once I performed the update statistics, the speed of all the functions went back to normal except for some. This is what is causing me headaches right now - these functions th...